June 17th, 2009

'Real Housewives' tipping point

I’ll admit it: I fast forwarded to the end of last night’s finale of the “Real Housewives of New Jersey” on my TiVo.

I am addicted to this franchise, mainly because of the train-wreck possibilities available every episode. Last night’s show did not disappoint.

Watch the housewives dish the dirt:

For those not in the know, RHWONJ (to use texting lingo) follows the lives of a group of women in an affluent neighborhood in the Garden State. Unlike the ladies from the other locales of the franchise – Orange County, New York and Atlanta - some of the cast are more than just frenemies.

Caroline Manzo and Dina Manzo are sisters married to brothers while Jacqueline Laurita is married to the Manzos’ brother. Rounding out the group of housewives is Teresa Giudice and Danielle Staub.

Trouble has been brewing all season (if you can refer to six episodes as a season) between the Manzos, Giudice and Staub. It seems Staub, who is friends with Laurita, has an alleged shady past that was exposed in the tome “Cop Without a Badge,” which she said was penned by her ex-husband.

The book contains an old mug shot of Staub and accusations of everything from hooking to drug abuse and kidnapping.

Staub took offense to the book and its contents being spread throughout their community, and during a dinner at a local restaurant with the castmates and their families, whipped out the book and confronted the women.

Since the season premiere, producers have teased the audience with a shot of Giudice flipping out during the dinner. Last night there was finally context when she went off on Staub, calling her a “prostitution whore” and tossing a table.

While Giudice’s husband and friends calmed her down, the incident asks the question: What type of antics are we in store for during the reunion show?

–Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

Filed under: television

1. Ashley

hey, robo1...you're a tool!

"BE RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE" What an idiot you are!

Just because someone hates a show and posts something about it, that makes them irresponsible? WOW, you are such a tool!

June 19, 2009 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  2. Phyllis

Loved it!

By far, this was the best Housewives ever! Come on people, this is television; if all they showed were these women going to Tupperware parties and PTA meetings-it would not get any ratings at all.

This is reality television-let's not get too over the top with criticism! If it wasn't that great, you wouldn't have been watching! For that matter, you wouldn't have taken the time to make comments about it on CNN! I loved it! I can't wait to see more next season!

Theresa should've kicked Danielle out for bringing that book to discuss at her dinner party; that was not the time or place!

June 17, 2009 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. sourhFL

Ditto to Carol, Mark and Robo!!!!!!!!
    And to the moron who said they are not role models but the Coppola's are... Well there rocket scientist the Copolla's are from southern Cal with a very anglo mother... If you don't like the show do not watch.... These people are more funny and real if anything and the mothers are strict yet very nuturing at the same time. Anyone who has grown up in the east coast can appreciate this cast. Those who don't should turn the channel and stick to the "green acres or the beverly hillbillies" and I stress the word hilbillies

June 17, 2009 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. carol mccague

I love this show. The real housewives of new york, for instance, are so hard edged and the competitive level is so high that it can be tiring. These women really seem to be a close family. Lots of money, lots of bling, true, but they grow on you. The affection and the humor seem very real.

I am the eldest of a large family and Caroline is my girl. Nothing gets past her. And Dina, at first she seemed more artificial but now I love her plus she is so sarcastic and funny. So deadpan. Theresa, funny too, but it is Jacqueline who is the bridge to the television audience.

Plus they all seem like caring, attentive mothers, and it is a relief to not have to watch the contorted mothering from Real Housewives of Orange County.

I like these girls. Caroline, I would like your hair half an inch longer.

Off all the housewives, these girls are the ones I would spend an evening with, and I think it is that family connection that makes them natural and easy with each other.

June 17, 2009 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. SouthFL

I am not a physician, but I think I realized what is wrong with Danielle
    She suffers from Bipolar disorder... ..
    She highs very highs and real lows.. she creates and has things in her mind that are not relevant to the others she is with and her permiscuious ways.

June 17, 2009 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. SouthFL

I love Caroline she is my favorite, I love how she cares and nutures her family and how much self worth she exhibits.
    I think the Manzo's are close as they should be, 11 children! wow
    Jacquline to me is a big ditz, hence her daughter is a ditz! I mean her daughter Ashley in private school failed and yet Jacquiline AKA NO BACK BONE does not pressure or put in contraints.. what a weak person, she just annoys me and that goes hand and hand as why she is buddy buddy with Danielle.
    Danielle.. hmmm where do I start... forget that she was an ex stripper, prostitute, scumbag ex con.. I really dont care about her past.. but if you really watch.. this woman has not changed.. she still is gross.. Who in their right mind at age 46 with TWO kids mind you tells a date lets go in the bathroom.. I it is national TV lady... This woman Danielle is the most insecure person I have encountered, sure she works out and is in good shape but underneath her skin is a lonely, self centered, narcistic person.
    She invited a man inside her house and this is not her live long partner.... but just another date she has sex with.. this woman is truly nasty and I feel so sorry for her kids, if anything she shound not have custody.

Sincerely,

Jacquiline and Danielle AKA ex prostitutes

June 17, 2009 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. robo1

AMEN from the person named "PR" above my last comment!!!! SMART PERSON!!
    "if you have an opinion it just means you were watching along with the rest of us dimwits, looking for a bit of escapism or someone to judge." '

BRILLIANT!!

June 17, 2009 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bl

It appears that the majority of these women live a very sheltered and naive existence. They are very quick to judge and act as if they are somehow superior beings because of their money or whatever. Danielle needs to stand her ground!!! Go, Girl

June 17, 2009 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. robo1

Shut up everyone..If you "say" this show was "trash" and you would not waste a moment watching the show then WHY IN THE HELL are you even posting on here?? If you did not want to take time to view the show why would you take time to post here!!! Good LORD please people, take some responsibility for your actions and you two cents you put in!!! IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE SHOW DO NOT COME TO THIS POST OR FOR THAT MATTER LOOK UP WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS SHOW!!!! BE RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE~~~

June 17, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Producer77777

No great editing there..even though they shot for 6 months. They have another 6 episodes ready to air-I'm sure it's up to the network if they want to buy another six.

June 17, 2009 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Charlene

Teresa plays a good game of being classy (and let's not forget the line "I'm not rude"), but the woman is trash all the way. Jacqueline truly is the saving grace of these 5 ladies (using the term loosely here). I didn't enjoy the NJ ladies as much as I do New York. And forget the ladies of Atlanta and Orange County. They're pretty trashy too. I think New York is the winner here and even they can be a little iffy.

June 17, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mark Marinaccio

I love this show for the simple reason that it makes me laugh at how ridiculous people can be when they take themselves too seriously.
    I grew up in North Jersey (joy-see) and this show is a DEAD-ON representation of a lot of the people I grew up around. Some of it may be exaggerated examples of them but that's true of any stereo types displayed on tv, it's just a snapshot.
    I don't know who that "Kelley Dadah" is but I think she's hiding her Italian roots behind a MEDIGONE (American) Name!
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, "It's time for a friggin sangwich, I'm hungry ova here".

June 17, 2009 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Maria

Just because they have money does not mean they have class. They are more like gypsies than anything else. The only things missing are the dancing bears.

June 17, 2009 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Gina

These women and their families give Italians a bad name! I am Italian and would never behave that way! I feel sorry for their kids, with those lousy role models who dare to call themselves mothers........ and the wussy dads who just stand by and dole out money.......

If you want to see CLASSY Italians, take a look at Sophia Lauren and the Coppolas.

June 17, 2009 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Boda

Bravo – it worked. You have everyone talkiing about it.

June 17, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jimmy velman

Lindsey Lohan , a good actres will grow up and rid herself of all her problems if people would just leave her alone.
    Same thing for David Letterman...Leave him alone....literally...We dont watch his show because He is not funny and He ought to know what is or is not funny. His remarks re: S. Palin are way over the line.
    Too bad J. Leno left the Tonight show . Still Conan O'Brrian still worth watching over letterman.

June 17, 2009 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  17. lolainla

SO here it is people ... crazy woman , yelling and screaming and who have boob jobs = good ratings and what some consider great TV.
    Although I am just as pathetic as the other people out there who couldn't wait to watch last night finale I must say I felt bad for Danielle it was like a watching a witch hunt. Now mind you there are definitely some screws loose in her head BUT the petty finger pointing and yelling portrayed by the " Manzo sisters" (besides entertaining ) was ridiculous. Poor Teresa, who had what seemed to have one too many glasses of vino was portrayed to be a nut. But seriously people , she's a little loose cannon to don't you think? I like Chris & Jacqueline the best, mostly because it's the only relationship through out the whole show that you get to see & appreciate. Plus, Jacqueline's the only one who seems to have heart, she's more real than the rest of them. One thing I also must point out is for every single one of them to put their children through this indecent behavior is really the icing on cake.AT the end of the day who cares who did what 20 years ago, who cares how many husbands some one has. Can't any of these woman do something worth wild beside shop, play with their breasts & get botox? Now that I have ranted make no mistake I can't wait to see the reunion show, crazy woman = great TV.

June 17, 2009 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Peetiebird

From Caroline: "Let me tell you something about my family" . . . "we're thick as thieves" . . . Oh Gawd . . . to truly understand where this remark is coming from you only need watch her expression and body language while she's saying it and the manner in which she says it. It's a veiled threat actually. Sort of like 'Hey Danielle, if ya f*** with my family you'll be in the Joisey river wearin' shoes made of cement'. Now I'm not a demonstrative person, but I actually laughed my butt off when I saw her say those things. She had her "stage" and stepped up to the plate as the GREAT PROTECTOR of the FAMILY!!!! . . . YEE HAW!!! . . . as for the rest of the women, their just carbon copies of good old Caroline, they just look different. Except of course for Jacqueline, who not only wasn't born into the "tribe" or "family", still had the grace to be an intelligent, free-thinking, beautiful woman, wife, mother and true friend - what every Joisey girl aspires to be.

June 17, 2009 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Californian with CLASS

This show just confirmed to the rest of the US their opinion of NJ woman is correct – total WHITE TRASH – the show is entertaining but Danielle, you have had way too much BAD plastic surgery – Teresa needs to get a grip on her daughter, she is cute but not cute, her actions & mouth made her a little less cute – I hope you all take the time this summer & actually watch yourselves – a good dose of reality will definately change your attitudes & hopefully your behaviors – your money does not give you what you all claim to have, class & intelligance – Ladies take your money, your families & go to charm school, get diction lessons & take a chill pill – Danielle there is not hope for you!

June 17, 2009 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  20. can'tbeleivemyears

This has got to be one of the most embarassing shows ever! I love the "housewives from NY" Hate NJ wives and I'm born and breed Jersey girl. They have always felt "over the top" meant better just look at that house, yuk who wants to heat, cool and maintaine it. Please world don't judge all Jersey girls, by this sick group.

June 17, 2009 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  21. PR

I tuned in 2 weeks ago, largely because of the "car accident" factor and the blogs taking the mickey out of the Housewives. I had to see what the fuss was!! An anti-climax to be sure, but relatively cheap entertainment...cable bill notwithstanding.
    Let's be real...no one tunes into these shows for the educational value and if you have an opinion it just means you were watching along with the rest of us dimwits, looking for a bit of escapism or someone to judge.
    Is it sad that vapid people like this have seemingly unlimited resources while 1/5 of Mauritanians are still living in slavery in 2009? YES. But drivel like this makes us forget how powerless and purposeless we all actually are. That's the only purpose of 99.9% of what's on TV. Get over it or do something about it...but don't make the mistake of thinking you're any better than any of the idiot Housewives (remember, they got paid for the show we wasted our time watching...more onyx for Teresa!!).

June 17, 2009 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  22. r schier

More American trash.....what else is new?

June 17, 2009 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  23. David C.

Yawn....I wish the fad of "reality TV" would end. The networks hit goldmine with reality TV...no actors to pay, no scripts to write, and a viewing audience that just can't seem to get enough of this trash.

June 17, 2009 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  24. David

Gotta get it right. She didn't call her a whore, she called her a who-wah.

June 17, 2009 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Diane

Yeah these ladies are so not classy. I also think something is up with
    Dina. Her marriage seems to quite the sham. Just happens to be with her Carolines husband brother. How weird is that. What that Caroline won't do for her little sister. The money or plain old wads of cash that Theresa threw around is just a little disconserting also.
    These people have to have some mob like connection. A quard dog for god sakes. I didn't like this one too much. It reminds me of the Atlanta housewives and that is a total trainwreck.

June 17, 2009 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  26. IZEE53

This woman Danielle is scary on so many levels and what is she living on if she hasn't gotten a divorce settlement. She just wants to get in a limo and drink Crystal for her birthday...give me a break. I think she pulled out the book at the dinner party just to ruin another occasion and take the limelight. Who gives a fig about her. She is a slut who admits to phone sex with strangers while she is performing oral sex on someone 20 years younger than her everyday. She is a narcisitic maniac and all the other woman should be very afraid of her. Jaqueline can really pick em as far as friends goes. She is the nicest of all of them but she is a real ditz if these are the people she chooses to hang with. I like Caroline because she is really on the outside of the whole thing. I would love to hang with her and gossip about the rest of them.

June 17, 2009 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  27. LC

Ok this is a show...watch it or don't but understand its entertainment nothing more nothing less. I personally love it and wish there were more episodes. Love knowing where the places in NJ are that the ladies visit since I live here (this is the only RH season I have watched). Yes this is not characteristic of every woman that lives in NJ however clearly there are women in NJ getting boob jobs, dating much younger men & have husband's who prefer to work rather than do interviews for a reality show. Just sit back and enjoy watching the women interact, hit AC and spend money on their homes. Relax...its just TV.

June 17, 2009 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Irish Housewife

Hey, I'm from an Irish family and we back each other whenever it's needed. We just don't go around broadcasting it. Maybe that's the Italian way.

Does that red haired woman ever say anything else besides the endless, you mess with my family... you mess with me rhetoric? She seems so one demensional.

June 17, 2009 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Gingertee

I think that many of the people out there need to read the report and review from the detective who wrote that book. The reports are public record and it did not go down as Danielle explained it. Her past is enough to be concerned about. She really lied about the details of that crime

June 17, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Kristy

I hate these shows! "Real Housewives" or "Real World," these are just people who have been given everything being angry at each other. You want to call it Real Housewives?" Ok, make the show about a stay at home mom with 3 kids under 10, and a household income of $60,000 a year.

June 17, 2009 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Gingertee

I watched the show and I loved it. If I did not like the show then I would not watch it. I will not judge these women because if cameras followed any group of people around and edicted it to attract and draw results, the same result might be accomplished. What gets to me is the way people write in and call these women, stupid, lazy, spoiled, etc., etc., atc.,. Do you know them? Have you met them personally and had a conversation? Your nice next door neighbor may have secrets that make them far worse. All of a sudden everyone becomes a bootleg psycho-analyst? Please give me a break! It TV, if you don't like it, change the channel. I hate to break it to the world, but if we were all cookie cutter perfect, we probably wouldn't exist as long.

June 17, 2009 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  32. DigDug

It is an amusing series, but largely scripted and having little "reality" whatseover.

Anyone else happen to notice what time of day they had "dinner" in the finale? And that no one else whatsoever was in the restaurant (well, not surprising given the time)?

June 17, 2009 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  33. debbie

okay i admit i watch this show, but as a former new yorkers i will go with the woman of n.y. any day, at least they show a little bit more class, i guest thats why the geroge washington bridge is there to keep jersey out. but i do get a kick out of the show i must be honest.

June 17, 2009 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Jen

Why is it everybody's trashing these women but they are watching the show? lol its ENTERTAINMENT VALUE nothing more – also everyone is knocking them for letting the children stay in the room – well there was a SPECIFIC lull in the conversation when Teresa insisted and Carolina agreed that Teresa's children be allowed time to leave the room – so that was very responsible of them – as for Caroline's children they are adults – Jaqueline's and Dina's daughters were ON CAMERA stating that they refused to leave as they wanted to watch – maybe people should have actually paid attention before being so judgemental

June 17, 2009 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  35. G Rogers

PS. Normal people are boring!!!!!

June 17, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  36. cyndy c.

What is up with these people?? They are definitely mobbed up.

The Father-in law of Caroline and Dina was the original owner of the brownstone and was found shot to death in the '80's in the trunk of a car so don't know why they are coming across so high and mighty with Danielle!!

Also, Teresa and Joe question for you(?) who pays in cash for everything excpet for people who are mobbed up? Is the FBI watching this show? if not, I think they shoud:) ROFL!!

June 17, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  37. G Rogers

C'mon, we love it. That's why we watch it. I don't care what they do as long as they entertain me. I suppose each of these ladies are as classy as it calls for in any situation. Personally, I wouldn't watch a minute of it if all they did was be classy and correct. I don't blame Teresa for flipping the table, she was fabulous. I love Caroline. Go get 'em, Big Sis. Love, love, love the hissy fits. Please do more on these women. They are my favorite so far!!!

June 17, 2009 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Anne

WOW. I lived in New Jersey for 29 years and I must say theses ladies were definitely from Northern NJ, with a touch of NYC. Loved the accent and can relate, but for the most part they were real, like it or not, they are Jersey Girls, Northern, not Central or Southern. When you come or associate with $ this behavior is somewhat expected but most folks that come for $$$ do not flaunt it, so I think it was stretched a bit, but lets face it, they live a different life and have different rules, but the fact is don't mess with the Jersey Girls.
    Loved the show, read in-between the lines, and come to your personal conclusion. I think the Kids needed more manners than glamor shots, they were solied and bratty and it showed.
    Loved, Loved, Loved, NY, ATL OC, and NJ Housewives. The NJ Girls were definitely Family, Loved Caroline, street smart, Dina Spolied, Teresa, very pampered but cute, Jackie, adorable, Danielle had issues and was scorned.... Take it for what its worth "Entertainment"

June 17, 2009 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Jennifer

I love this show – what I don't understand is how nobody is calling out the guy with a 'construction business' run out of a strip mall store-front that supposedly sells granite manages to build a house like that, and have a wife spend $120K on one single trip to the furniture store. Or the two sisters who's family fortunes supposedly come from a single wedding venue and catering business – I could understand if it had made one of the brothers rich enough to have a nice place to live but the pair of them live like millionaires and who knows how many more of them are in it?!

June 17, 2009 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  40. mary turner

Teresa is a classless lowlife with money. How she could ever make a remark to Danielle about "not in front of the children" after that disgusting story she told about her husband trying to mount her after her breast augmentation. This is the only episode I watched because I had seen the add of the table thing. Watched a few of the first group which were at least more well mannered.
    If Teresa's husband isn't mobbed up I will start going to church every Sunday and I am an atheist. And the older sister whatever her name is she is one scary scary woman. I would be afraid I would lose an ear if I crossed her.
    But above all else shame on all of them for behaving that way and having those conversations in front of the children. Just a bunch of useless people with money who do nothing worthwhile in the world. Oh except Dina who decided to stay home and take care of her cats.
    I would rather watch the Duggars and they make me physically ill.

June 17, 2009 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  41. ambg

Dena – horribly the meanest amongst them
    Danielle – fiercely ganged-up, battered by Dena, Caroline & Teresa
    Jacqueline – the only SANE & WELL-GROUNDED amongst them

June 17, 2009 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  42. LV

Good point, Jersey Rules. Send the island trash back to the islands. But let's not pretend rich, trashy, shallow, stupid women don't exist in every state, from Kansas to NJ to Arkansas.

Maybe this really is what housewives are like in NJ...but, believe it or not, most women here actually work and thus are not housewives, so luckily these ladies represent a minority.

And in as ethnically diverse a state as NJ we pick five Itals to represent us? There are Irish, Indian, Asian, German, Greek, Balkan, Polish women here, too, you know...

June 17, 2009 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  43. NYGirl

The women on this show are all low rent except for Jacqueline. And what BS with Danielle when Caroline and Dina had their father-in-law turn up dead in the trunk of a car or have they forgotten not to mention being friends with Bernie Kerik who is under inditement. What a joke. Teresa just so you know classy women don't drop or use the f-bomb as a verb.
    What a train wreck this show is.

June 17, 2009 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Spell checker

I see you made my suggested spelling corrections ;) However, there is still a STRAUB instead of a STAUB there....brilliant...and I LOVE that you did not post my comments...that is awesome. CNN rocks. So much for the 1st amendment.

June 17, 2009 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  45. mo

By far the best cast ever!!

June 17, 2009 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  46. John

I hope the IRS was watching these folks pay for everything in cash. Somethings not right there.

June 17, 2009 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Nacy

My, My, My, this show is truly GHETTO! First off, Tearsa's husband saved her from a complete beat down by "holding her back." You'll never win a fight with a crazy person and Danielle is crazy. Why were Danielle's children there watching this??? LOVE Jaquline! She seems to be the only normal one.....

Dina is a snake and Caroline is the charmer. I think Dina has complete self-esteem issues. She has done nothing but tear Danielle down from the beginning and Caroline enables her. Jaquline's husband knows his sisters are NUTS so good for him for jumping in for his wife.

June 17, 2009 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Garry-Arkansas

Anthony
    Come to Arkansas..I can assure you we have our accents, but to be honest we ALL have accents.
    What I was saying in my statement was that, the accents these women are using come straight from your basic mafia jargon in movies.
    I am sure there are pleanty of Arkansans that sound funny as well, but you have to admit...they are stereotypes to the max!
    Now...
    They are portraying themselves as "so called New Jersey Housewifes" and to me, housewifes for the most part do not spend $$$$ on childrens fur coats, or carry $100,000 in cash to pay for furniture? So...you tell me Anthony...are they typical New Jersey housewifes?? Youse guys....lol
    Just kidding...the show is a hoot but rich dames with to much time and to much make-up along with mysterious no show husbands does make one wonder...

June 17, 2009 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  49. joeyg

I love this housewifes show above all of them

June 17, 2009 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Kelley Dadah

Are you freakin kiddin me? I grew up in New Jersey. This ladies are an insult to not only to their fellow Jersians, but to Italians every where. I grew up in a wealthy neighborhood and everyone was down to earth. We weren't dripping with gold and didn't tawk about how much every costs, and this was back in the 80's.
    Most families had stay at home mom's and they were NOT crazy. Clearly they need to get jobs because they are insane from either lack of work or eating bon bons.
    And who the hell ever heard of Franklin Lakes? Its not like your living in Manhattan ladies!

June 17, 2009 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Kellen

For those of you commenting about how much you don't like the show, don't you know that watching it, reading articles about it and posting comments only makes the Bravo want to keep it around? (ha ha) While I don't particularly care for some of these women or agree with their behavior, I keep watching because they truly do represent how many (but not all) Jersey girls act. Having grown up in the concrete jungle, I find the show pretty freakin' funny!

June 17, 2009 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Bev

Could "The Book" have gotten any more publicity? Danielle is clearly making a profit somehow from this book. This season seemed so phony and staged.

June 17, 2009 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  53. adrienne

All these women are what we call "white trash" in Kansas City- doesn't matter how much money you have... how sad :(

June 17, 2009 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Tim

This show as well as the Atlanta version and most of the reality sitcoms are tasteless and just take up real estate on the channels. The price today for actors and the current state of the country, shows how low American television can stoop! They should be showing more history and family shows. They can re-run most anything from the 60-70's comedies, family shows like the Waltons or even Sanford and Son would be better than this crap. Get rid of the reality shows and maybe Americans will get off their fat asses and go outside and hit a tennis ball or walk around the block after eating their 1000 calorie dinners!

June 17, 2009 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Just my thoughts

Rhen – how do you know what the show is like if you haven't watched it...and why waste your time commenting..is it so you can feel so superior to those people that watch the show. Get over yourself.

June 17, 2009 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  56. MCIB

Oh please Annamarie, we aren't all as naive as you think. How many wealthy "unconnected" NJ Italians really need to have an attack German Shepherd?

June 17, 2009 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Kat

Its great to stand up for family and yourself but dont start calling someone a prostitute whore in front of her kids! or your family's kids. that crossed the line! Teresa should have bought herself some class instead of a smelly wine cellar!

June 17, 2009 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Bewildered

Watched 15 minutes of this show, which is required to give them their 15 minutes of fame. Total waste of time, as is interacting with most people that watch it regularly.

June 17, 2009 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  59. An NJ Girl

Hey I am from NJ and I don't behave like that and neither do my friends and female relatives.

June 17, 2009 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Jamie

It started out as a dinner party Teresea was throwing and then Danielle took the spotlight. That was not the time or place for such a thing to happen. Danielle has no tact what so ever. She starves for attention. Her insecurity is getting the best of her. She is constantly playing the victim but yet puts herself out there. I laugh at her too because she just needs to back off and chill out.

June 17, 2009 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Davis

Yes, I love this show.... GHETTO GHETTO and MORE GHETTO!!

June 17, 2009 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Melanie

Ok – the sad part is YES – they really do talk and act like that...their behavior is not surprise for those who grew up with similar "Italian princesses" in their neighborhoods and schools. Are they mobbed up?? – I would bet my last dollar. Their "fancy" catering hall is located in Paterson????? one of the poorest cities in the state...are you kidding me ??? Can you say "front for something else?" I just left Jersey after living there for 40 years....the stench is just now begining to fade...

June 17, 2009 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  63. John

These shows are garbage and do nothing but glamorize some of the worst aspects of our culture. Its amazing what passes as entertainment these days. This network should be ashamed and embarrassed to aire such crap.

June 17, 2009 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Joe

Reeality TV in and of itself is pathetic and the schmucks who follow all this crap are even worse.

This show is the bottom of the barrel. It was bad enough they follow these skanks in California & Atlanta and now in New Jersey, but these stupid, out of touch idiots have no realization of the 'real world" and have such an over-inflated sense of self-worth it makes me sick.

Get a life people...

June 17, 2009 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Mark

Why is this on cnn? Cnn is becoming like MTV – they used to play music, cnn used to report news.

June 17, 2009 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Bubba

God, people would actually watch such a thing? Ewww. Sniff, sob, I WEEP for my country. Obama must be behind this disgraceful exhibition.

June 17, 2009 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  67. karen albert

Between swine flu, stolen elections in Iran and dirty politics in Albany, trash t.v. is good for escapism; however, of all the Real Housewives series, this one has absolutely nothing to say.

June 17, 2009 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Love it!

This show is HILARIOUS!!!! Bring on the drama....these ladies keep me laughing. The kids are all too funny as well. And by the way Kevrock- i am a Jersey girl and let me tell you– most women in NJ are NOTHING like these women.

June 17, 2009 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  69. JANICE

The most boring season of any Housewives show yet. Nothing going on with these people.

June 17, 2009 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Rhen

The sad part is, they call this crap television. Are people's lives so miserable and bleak that they need to live vicariously through this trash? They take off well written and well acted shows for this? Why do people even give a crap about these 'people'? It's pathetic and shows that the American viewing public, and the networks that feed them this garbage, are seriously braindamaged.

June 17, 2009 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Maggie

I have been watching all of the Housewives shows and for some reason they have me hooked like an accident on the side of the road. I just can't wait to see what will happen. Maybe it's the fact that it makes my life look happily simple and I'm living out what I might want to say and do someday. Wouldn't it be interesting if any of us would go to work and just throw a table and call someone we don't like names?? I have to agree with Annamaria and just know that you are watching for entertainment.

June 17, 2009 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  72. jersey rules

Please, these are not Jersey accents, more like Staten Island, Brooklyn or Long Island. Only one of these women was born and raised in Jersey.

June 17, 2009 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Debbie

They give "Jersey girls" a bad name!

June 17, 2009 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Toots

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT...good way to end a hectic day in my book.

June 17, 2009 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Diane

I am a real housewife of New Jersey and these women and their ilk sicken me. It has nothing to do with denegrating "Joisey" (although no one I know uses that word), rather it has everything to do with denegrating women and families in general. I have so much more to do in my life than give a minute, much less an hour, to the antics of these sad, seedy individuals.

June 17, 2009 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Val

Hi!

I was engaged to an Italian man, so "yes" when it comes to family. It is very true about backing/protecting family at all cost. It was a very interesting show. I was surprise of the conduct of the ladies. I felt it could have been displayed a classier.

June 17, 2009 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Chris W

I've tuned in to see what the fuss was about, but these shows are truly embarrassing for any woman (or man) with half a brain. I am amazed that these "real housewives" shows have become hits, with people willing to sit through this boring, vacuous crap. These women demonstrate for all the world to see some of the the worst traits – cattiness, backstabbing, phoniness, and greed. Not sure how or why these women are referred to as "real" – they are all phony, vacuous, superficial, selfish, and nasty excuses for womanood. I hope their 15 minutes of fame ends soon! Thank god for the TV remote! I agree with "Oldschool" – just because they have bucks doesn't mean they have class. Ick!!!

June 17, 2009 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Christine

This stuff is disgusting poison!

June 17, 2009 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Johnny Boy

This show is trash.... But trash SELLS $$$$.... IMO most of show is scripted to keep the viewers coming back ( soap opera style) most of these women are trying to break into show business on a full time basis.
    Reality shows are the current money cash cow , so if you must watch take it with a grain of salt, when the ratings drop off look for a big story to develop via the writers, as in the John & Kate saga.

June 17, 2009 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  80. MHL

Did I miss something? Did Dina ever say what rumors she thought Danielle had spread about her that would justify telling everyone about "the book"? As for Caroline, being "thick as thieves" only means you'll lie for each other – great channeling of the "Sopranos" by the way. Teresa, living in a marble/onyx,wrought iron french chateau doesn't give you class, it just gives you a pain in the ass when you fall on it. As for your kids, dressing them alike only helps identify the "pack" of wild animals you're raising. My sympathies to Jacqueline who's caught between in-laws with a proprietary interest in her private life, and her "friend" Danielle who doesn't seem to mind putting her in a difficult position. The only person who demonstrated any decency and class was Jacqueline's husband. He must have been adopted, he can't be a blood relation to Dina and Caroline.

June 17, 2009 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  81. MCIB

The show should be renamed "The Real Housewives of The Soprano's Men".

June 17, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  82. John

Remember the time when there were actual shows on TV? Aren't there writers who need work?

Bravo should be ashamed.

June 17, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  83. honeygiz

Oldschool, i loved that comment. i could not have said it better. Either you have class or you don't, these chicks are no where near it.!!!

June 17, 2009 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Annamaria

This was the best episode ever, and BTW why does everyone think that because they are wealthy Italians that they are connected to the Mafia. Does anyone really think anyone in the Mafia would bring this kind of focus, think people. As a proud Italian and oldest girl of 3 I would have done exactly what Caroline did without hesitation. Lets not forget that this is entertainment and lastnights episode was truely entertaining. Hope there is a 2nd season.

June 17, 2009 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  85. LuLu

I don't care what they say or do, as long as they pay for it all in CASH! I am completely flabbergasted that these people actually carry around hundreds of thousands of dollars in *actual paper money.* They just start whipping it off the pile when it comes time to pay: It's mesmerizing. But they're not connected to the mafia in any way. Koff koff.

June 17, 2009 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  86. DJ

Wow – these people have kids? No, this is wrong. Sort of like the Bobby and Whitney show all those years ago where their poor daughter watched her drunk and high parents stumble and slur around their house and talk graphically about their sexual exploits. It's child abuse. Plain and simple. The idea of children watching their parents behave this way makes me want to vomit.

June 17, 2009 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  87. NJGirls

I lived in NJ all of my life. I think these women have given us a bad name. I am also Italian, I really feel so embarred to think that everyone watching this trash thinks we ALL act this way.

I

June 17, 2009 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Cathy

I to watch the Real Housewives series on Bravo. However I have to say that these women do not represent women in general from the Garden State. I have lived in NJ most of my life and these women do not represent at what this state is about or what real women are like that here. We do not put makeup on our children and pretend not to call ourselves stage moms. We do not come from families that are nothing better than the mafia. We live in the modern world and do not buy what we can not afford. We do not treat our children as though they are our girl friends. Next time travel a little further south in the state to see what real people in the state are actually like.

June 17, 2009 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  89. nh fan

I absolutely love the OC, and NY housewives, they are the best. I was excited to see NJ getting some publicity, and after the previews it did not disappoint. What's with Theresa, just because she can spend 120K on furniture while the rest of us are trying to just eat, she thinks that makes her special? I think Dina is living a very lonely life, where was her husband this season?
    Can't wait for next season...

June 17, 2009 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Cheri

Jeez! I thought the season finale was a bit anticlimatic. I also think they all played it up just for the drama. What's funny is how Dina and Caroline's husbands are never around which indicates their desire not to be seen due to the nature of their 'business'... Tee Hee... It's like who cares if Danielle has a colorful past. She was young and uninformed about life as we all are in our twenties. I hated that Caroline and Dina are liars. Why do that to a person. What's in their past? Who are they that they should make judgements about someone? Are they so paranoid that someone wants to infiltrate their lives that they have to investigate every person? Yes. Danielle is a tramp, but aren't most women? Weren't they all tramps prior to getting married? Well , except for Jacqueline. Jacqueline is the most levelheaded and true friend. And what is also funny is they aren't even pretty, again except for Jacqueline and maybe Danielle, maybe Teresa. But Teresa is cute in a ditsy, shallow way. I feel sorry for her girls. But it's fun to watch them all make fools of themselves. And if Teresa thinks people are jealous she's delusional.. It's just fodder for the gristmill.

June 17, 2009 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  91. WatchedTheShow

P.S. – also if this was for real, don't you think the owners of the restaurant would have come running after hearing all the commotion during the table throwing? Did you notice the restaurant staff was no where in sight during all this?

This was a staged fight – FAKE like those bubbies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 17, 2009 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Irish Housewife

I'm sure everything was set up by the producers of the show. They are a very strange bunch, not very interesting. They are living proof prove that money doesn't buy class. That old one with the short hair, every time I see her on that show, she is ready to take on somebody. Real tough. Plus, she wants her son to open a 'classy' strip joint. Strip joints aren't classy... but maybe they are in NJ. Maybe they'll name it Bada Bing. To think there will be 3 more like the dittzy black haired one trying to get her daughter into show business. The little girl is cute but they are growing up without any values. Is the show over? No more advertisments for it!

June 17, 2009 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  93. WatchedTheShow

I've been watching this show out of curiousity and it seems that none of these ladies have any class although they claim to.

First of all, I wonder how legitamite is this reality show - did you notice that Danielle was NOT carrying the book out of her house, NOR did she enter the restaurant WITH the book in her hand. I think some of the antics in this show is staged - specifically the scene where Theresa got up and threw over the table. What a ditz. This woman claims to have class yet she is telling everyone at the table how her husband wanted to get it on with her on the way home from getting her breast implants. That is classy?

This is a perfect example that money doesn't not equal OR buy class. Then again, maybe the whole thing is a fake - like their bubbies. LOL

June 17, 2009 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  94. JB

I loved every minute of last nights drama!!! I enjoy being entertained and the truth is thats the point of the show..To Entertain, Not educate Not enlighten, Not uplift.....

June 17, 2009 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  95. Ann

Love, love, love Jacqueline; Danielle has a brass pair ; Theresa is funny but with a dark side; and Caroline, for all her matriarchal BS, disappointed me but I don't know what to make of Dina – something isn't right there.

June 17, 2009 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  96. Shocked...simply shocked

never trust anyone who watches this. Merely living their own fantasies through TV – not only are the actors trash but the storyline as well. So much for positive statements being displayed...sheeesh! Boycott the advertisers.

June 17, 2009 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  97. kgeukes

This is what people watch for entertainment?? This is as bad as the people who exploit their kids for monetary gain. Get a real life folks!!

June 17, 2009 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  98. Wendy

I really like Jacqueline Laurita. She is down to earth and a classy lady. As for the others, holy smokes! I loved the cat fight at the end! I admit I am addicted to smut! However, what is up with Teresa Giudice's house? I think it's sickening! But I loved when Dina kept saying she couldn't talk due to the foul smell in the wine cellar! LMAO!!!

June 17, 2009 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  99. roro

I honestly can't wait for the reunion either...and although i catch a lot of slack for being a fan of the show, nothings making me miss an episode. Watching so-called "upper class" folks who make a fool of themselves on tv is pure entertainment in my book...i. just. cant. turn. away.

June 17, 2009 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  100. anna

Is this a remake of Cell Block H?

June 17, 2009 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  101. Anthony

To Garry-Arkansas: Great job on the stereotype. A Jersey accent does not mean mafia involvement. In fact, being from Arkansas, some less desirable things could be said about your accent...

June 17, 2009 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  102. mary

the looks on the little girls' faces while the adults threw tables and called each other prostitute w#$* was heartbreaking – the housewives and producers should be ashamed of themselves.

June 17, 2009 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  103. Kevrock

And you see why we all make fun of Jersey Girls. Nothing in the world
    beats White Trash. You can have Ghetto, Redneck, W-Back, etc...
    BUT WT beats them all.

The reunion show could top the Season Finale of RH of ATL.

BTW if you haven't been following what is happening down here
    check it out through the local paper down here...it's going to be good. :)

June 17, 2009 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  104. SAY IT AINT SO

I LIVE IN THIS AREA WHERE THEY DID THE TAPING FOR THIS SHOW.......AND FOR THEM TO DO 6 MONTHS OF TAPING AND ONLY HAVE 6 EPISODES SPEAKS VOLUMES......ALL IM SAYING IS THEY SURE CAN WORK SOME MAGIC WITH THAT EDITING!!!

June 17, 2009 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  105. Nobody likes trash

I am absolutely appalled by the antics of these so-called "housewives" First of all, Teresa is absolutely stupid and seems to think that she can have anything that she wants. The only person that I find real real in this show is Jacqueline. After last night's fiasco, I can surely say that I would never watch this show again. The show should be re-named "Un-classy stupid women"

June 17, 2009 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  106. Traci

LOVELOVELOVE this show!!

June 17, 2009 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  107. noirqn

PWT living in big houses with alot of money. Just because you have some money doesnt give you class, which none of these ladies have. Anytime you constantly talk about how much something costs, you simply boasting. People who are used to having anything dont do this. Danielle looks like something off Jim Henson's Muppets. These women were rescused from a trailer park off the Jersey Turnpike. I cant wait for the Reunion show. I think Danielle will meet her match real soon.

June 17, 2009 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  108. vito corleone

you come to me on the day of my daughters wedding...we're not murderers...

June 17, 2009 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  109. Marshall

Hmmm do people really watch this junk? Who cares what they do or did I would think. If she was a hooker I am sure her hubby or boyfriend has got to appreciate all her "talents" in the bedroom.

June 17, 2009 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  110. Garry-Arkansas

Last night there was finally context when she went off on Straub, calling her a “prostitution whore” and tossing a table.
    Yes and that was "so classy" wasn't it..kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.
    What joke this show is and these women...boob jobs, dye jobs and the Jersey accent, for gods sake already..you say you aren't mafia related but verbally you sure sound it.
    Cash flowing, knifes in the back and a no-show invisible husband??
    Yep..real classy..
    I do like Jacqueline Laurita though and was glad she found a backbone..
    But Caroline.lets me tell you something about this family BS was just that and deny the mafia connections all you want honey, but THAT one is straight out of the Godfather!

June 17, 2009 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  111. Oldschool

Wealthy. Check. Mansion. Check. Class? Hell no! This is the problem with new money. Just because you take them out of the trailer trash homes doesn't mean they're not trash.

June 17, 2009 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |