June 16th, 2009

Kate Gosselin: Sex sells?

Is it me or is Kate Gosselin trying to up her sex appeal?

I’ve been watching her progression to media savvy mom over the past few seasons of Jon and Kate plus Eight but it occurred to me as I watched last night that media savvy may now have crossed into sex kitten.

It was around the time that Kate, tanned and highlighted in a green terrycloth sundress, sat on top of the family picnic table while the kids worked on an art project that the idea really sank in.  I was completely missing what I am sure was a very interesting interaction between the sextuplets and one of their guest stars, because I found myself hopelessly distracted by Kate’s dress and wondering where I could buy one.

Photos have been splashed on the covers of magazines lately of Kate at the beach in bikinis looking tanned and toned.  Now don’t get me wrong, if you are going to the beach and you’ve got the body- especially after 8 kids- go ahead and flaunt it! But in older episodes she was always on the beach in a more conservative tankini and long cover-ups or shorts, even after her televised tummy tuck. This is the woman around whom an entire episode was devoted to making over her wardrobe because she claimed she couldn’t even match her shoes to her outfit. During that episode she moped through the store complaining as Jon chose outfits for her.  Now she is prancing around the driveway of her house in espadrilles and jean miniskirts. When did this happen?!  And should it happen?

1. A Haberkorn

I feel sorry for the two. Having everyone including myself express their opinion
    Marriage is hard and has to be worked at every day.
    I mean every day!!
    And with children even more so.
    I feel they need time away from the cameras and all and just work on their marriage . Has anyone even offered to give them marriage counseling
    You just don't let the media decided what is going to happen to their marriage
    rating or not
    You have to work at it and it will not be easy, and yes it's hard . But this is not about whether Jon needs something else.
    or Kate needs to not be so demanding.
    It about a vow they made before God and to each other.
    So if it means getting off the network and not be in the public eye
    then so be it.
    Work on it, You owe it to yourselves and you kids.
    It can work out.

June 22, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Julie

After watching tonight I am just so sad that they didn't quit the show. Maybe if they had they could have a chance to get things right again. I feel terrible for those children that their parents are more concerned about the money from the show than doing everything they could to try to make things work. It's just very very sad.

June 22, 2009 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. K Hackett

So what if Kate Gosselin spices up her appearance a little bit. Who cares, that's her life & her choice. Don't bash her on something that causes no harm. I think she is doing a good job, yes she may have an attitude or may act like she is Mrs. Queen but what celebrity doesn't act that way. I think money & publicity is just getting the best of her and she'll calm down and realize one day, just let her make that mistake and learn from it. Just leave her alone and let her be, thats all I have to say

June 19, 2009 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  4. Dale

I was raised in a large family .I was one of the older ones.We were not allowed to hit hurt each other.And I don't remember the little ones always beating on each other like kate and Jon think is normal behavor. It just wasn't allowed in our family. It would have been ok with me when Kate wouldn't give her daughter a drink If she hadn't have got someone to bring her a bottle of water and drink some in front of the crying girl and put the bottle on the floor beside her. Now why not just hand the water to the crying girl and let her have a drink.
    She should have waited too she was the adult. As for her spanking one of the little ones for blowing a whisle it is my guess that is not the first time they have been spanked.I always did have a problem with kate'sselfishness. but like you I have always wished to see the kids as teens but I never thought of having them on tv that long I thought now that they had made a comforable life that they would take a few years off and just let the kids be kids. But I see we no longer have to worry about that as the show is not going to be about the kids anymore.Kate seen a lawyer and Jon filed for divorce so that is going to be the theme of the next 40 shows they are doing or have done.
    Seen pictures of Jon out back of his house smoking hand rolled cig. so it won't be long before the rumors start that he is a drug user.I bet..
    I am not looking forward to watching all that mess. We know Jon can keep his mouth shut . But we also know Kate can't She will want us to go on a pity trip with her over this .And the two main themes will be how hard it is to raise 8 kids alone plus she will have her little digs in at Jon and the little boys. TLC is helping Jon find an apt. big enough to film in..I think I will call it quits on watching jon and kate plus 8.
    She tells him to get out and wants us to pity her and say mean things about Jon because he wasn't there for thier 10 aniverary. get real how many separated couple celabrate that day together when separated..
    The truth is I feel sorry for all of them the kids and dogs the most.
    Kate will do what she does best take care of herself. I can't see her living alone long. I am hoping Jon finds someone who likes the same things he does And I am praying that Kate won't give to many digs in there and try to turn the kids against Jon. We know she will be just as demanding in the divorce and child custody as she was in the marriage. Let all hope for the best for the kids
    Sorry but I won't be watching.a couple with 8 kids divorce be aired and
    watch the kids reaction to it all.
    Some thing should be private. but greed is greed and not in the bet interest of the children.

June 19, 2009 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  5. A Fan

Hellooooo. Kate doesn't decide what gets aired and what is cut out - the show's producers/directors do that folks. And why shouldn't Kate fix herself up? Few of you complained when John got hair plugs! They are an interesting family and if they didn't change we'd be bored to tears. You are all watching – right?

June 18, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mike

There are a lot of people talking about how John and Kate sold their family to the media...that is stupid. They did one little documentary when the babies were born, and showed what life was like with 8 kids. We wanted more. Fans wrote letters to TLC, and the Gosslins. We begged to know more about the kids, and what the parents were going through. At the end of last season, my wife and I were disappointed to hear that John might want to end the show. Scripted (by your opinions), or not, I find it entertaining. I would like to see how the 8 kids are doing as teenagers, and how successful they become as adults. Is it any of my business? No, not really, but I am curious.

I am curious to see if John will continue to subject himself to Kate's abuse, or if he will take advantage of being "outed" by the media, and escape. Will Kate decide to calm down some, and treat John with respect, so he won't be motivated to find someone who will respect him? I left my first wife because she was always raising her voice and being naggy. Now I am married to the perfect person for me. She discusses things like an adult, and doesn't resort to temper-tantrums...and even better...when she gets upset, she gets quieter!!! I know! That might seem impossible to other married men...but they do exist! I found perfection and I hope John can find it, too.

And stop comparing them to Octo-mom. John and Kate agreed to the initial documentary about their 6 newborns and twins. They didn't hunt out TLC and ask that they do a show about their lives. Octo-mom appears to have gotten pregnant just because she saw other people with shows about lots of kids. I will never watch her show, but I like John and Kate, and I really like the Duggar's show.

June 18, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dale

so Kate was one of 5 kids raised in a trailer Park. The middle child who found ways to get out of doing her share of the chores even then. We have only heard from one older brother. Where are the rest of her family. We have seen Jon Family but never Kate's nor have we ever head of the kids visiting her parents. Did you see on Rador.com that Kate is with a new body guard.I guess the wife of the first one said enough is enough and wanted her husband back home. Why does Kate need a body Guard anyway.Jon doesn't have one.
    Anyone know if these 8 kids are Kate.

June 17, 2009 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dale

Well whoever wrote Jon does not have a back bone is wrong.They could not have watched the show for the last 5 years.Who in hell do you think raised the kids. It sure wasn't Kate. Jon has been a great father. Because he didn't belittle his wife on air like she did him does not mean he has no back bone. I can't see some of you putting up with Kates sh*t as long as he did for the sake of his Kids. Get real if Kate wanted the marriage to work It would be working. You are forgetting that Kate was unfaithful too. Plus she will dump the kids off on anyone who will watch them.If Kate cared she wouldn't have told him he could have as many affairs as he wanted just show up for the show.I hope the show goes off the air. Then you will find out what Kate is really up to. And it isn't Jon or the kids

June 17, 2009 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Sandy

I have been watching this show for a long time and to tell you the truth I'm done with it! Kate treats Jon like crap and has for a long time. I wouldn't stick around either and I'd certainly make arrangements to see my kids away from her. One other thing, if you want your self esteem detroyed just give Kate a call. she is really good at from what I see! That girl can knock you down in a heartbeat! I feel bad for their kids. Sorry Kate but I would have stopped filming a long time ago especially if it meant money or family. Well we know now which one you wanted most!!!!!!! Greed is a horrible thing!

June 17, 2009 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Connie Yee

I must say that I used to be a fan of the show. I refuse to watch that show now. With all the stuff that's been flying around the tabloids and stuff. I am no longer interested in any of that anymore. Just wish they would take the show off the air and then see what happens to Jon and Kate after the cameras are all gone. I feel sorry for those kids.

June 17, 2009 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Diana

Get a grip all you nay-sayers. Her children do not appear to be any worse for the wear and what's the first thing you're going to do when you come into some money? You may buy some much needed things for your family and house but I bet anything you'll go get a mani/pedi and start monkeying with your hair and buying the latest fashions.

June 17, 2009 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tracey

Stop hating on Kate please. All of you pathetic women and men out there with nothing better to do but criticize a women because she looks nice is so silly. I usually don't respond to stuff like this but I don't understand why she's getting so much crap. Most of you are just upset because you can't transform into a decent looking person after 1 kid let alone a toned and tanned sophisticated woman after having 8. If you don't like Kate stop watching the show and get a life after all no one makes you watch her or her family. If she was a man who talked to his wife like that it wouldn't be a problem but the moment a women takes control she's a shrew and selfish. Someone had to take the reigns and provide for the family her wuss of a husband wasn't. Any man who can't stick by his wife because she has blown up and made a name for herself and her family is a wuss and I think she'd be better off without him. I'd love to see them work past this but personally I wouldn't want a man who couldn't stay home for a couple of years something that she's been doing for 5. All this success won't last forever and he can't shut up and do his part as her partner for a couple of years. Our society should not accept this what about the time she spent at home with the kids while he went out to work and now it's a problem when he has to do it. He's a loser and so is anyone hating on Kate. All of you loser know if you could have a tummy tuck, a stylist, highlighted hair and freebies you'd take it.

June 17, 2009 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ms

All I can say is who cares? So what if she looks good or bad...so what if their marriage is good or bad...everyone on here that is judging one way or the other is the reason the show is still on and Kate is focused on so much. If nobody, spent their time going on and on about all of it, there would be no show. This is what the media thrives on. As long as the show is drawing this much attention then it will continue to be at the forefront of all the tabloids, etc. People are so quick to judge someone else. Until you have lived their lives you cannot understand why they may make the decisions they do. I'm sure not one person on this board is perfect. I haven't met Jon or Kate and you definately cannot know a person just from what the tv portrays. I repeat myself, who cares? If you like the show...watch it....if not...turn the channel.

June 17, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. kmac

I say go Kate...just because you look great..people are green with envy. Jon is the looser. He is the one without a backbone and runs off with younger women and goes off skiing to "be with his friends"... Hang it there and I hope all works out for you and your children.

June 17, 2009 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Bina

I completely agree. Unfortunately, this show has moved from its focus on the struggles of real life family to "look at me, look at me" by Kate. Sad...but now it is more like we are watching a Beverly Hills mom raise her kids and bash her husband with every look she throws his way.

June 17, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Get Real

So she looks better today than a few years ago. Is this a fashion show? Because I thought it was a reality show about how a family deals with raising 8 young kids. So to all the women posting about "good for her for looking good" yeahhhh, great, but what does it have to do with how she treats her family?? ..... crickets. thats what I thought.

June 17, 2009 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  17. SLM

Like every reality show, it is losing it's appeal and there is no longer anything "real" about it.

June 17, 2009 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  18. down the road from berks

Oh please. That show should have been called Kate Plus 9. I wonder how any of you would act if you had 8 kids to care for and financially support? John is a passive agressive yutz.

June 17, 2009 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Linda

I find the recent comments interesting, as I too thought the show, or at least Kate, has become more like she is acting and not her natural self as she was before. I was appalled by the way she was stretched out on the interview couch. I think it is a real shame that she allowed herself to become the way she is. I think she needs serious counseling. Her marriage should be her priority, then her children. I am an older viewer that defended her until now. I loved how her family was her priority, her abiltiy to keep things organized and together. I hope she has a serious wakeup call before she looses her character and integrity.

June 17, 2009 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Andrea

I hope that Jon and Kate work out their differences. It is not up to me to judge or anyone else I wish them both well and I hope that they can salvage their marriage. I agree with whatthe hell. No one should revel in their pain and failure. Kate looks good and she should. It takes a lot to continue to move forward in the midst of all that she is going through.

June 17, 2009 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Sweetie K

Don't hate the player, hate the game. I'm not mad at her at all. She had eight children and looks great!! This is her time to shine and she is taking that w/her kids. Everyone need to stop hating and realize that she is confident and successful w/her kids. Maybe her husband will realize this and get his act together. Everyone has an opinion or something to say when a woman starts shinning and blossoming after overcoming obstacles of multi-births. Everyone shut up and tend to their own lives, and leave her alone. I'm so glad that she is doing this and she has it under control. Her husband is going thru a mid-life crisis and needs therapy. If he leaves her, he won't realize he had something good, until it's gone.

June 17, 2009 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  22. sick of Kate

I am tired of every episode being about Kate going to the SPA! We don't want to watch that! The show needs to be like it was in the beginning, more about the kids and how to raise a family that large, and the daily activities involved. I think Kate is becoming a diva, the money and supposed fame are going to her head. And you can totally tell that her and Jon are no longer together. Jon mopes around when he is around her, and they are doing their couch interview separate. that show needs to go off the air so that they can get their family back together. It was said that Kate makes 50 appearances a year–hmmm there are only 52 weeks in a year–so much for being there for the kids!!

June 17, 2009 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  23. adrienne

Gee! I agree with Dale. Are the children really of her eggs? This will be something else to be investigated and will spice more this story.

June 17, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jass

I love her pink tops and cute dresses. I think that money would get to anyone's head, so I don't blame her for that, but she should work on her marriage by taking a year off or something.

June 17, 2009 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  25. sbj

I have over the years changed my hair, my style. When your kids are little it is all about them, the older they get the more time you get back for yourself to wear make up, to do your hair and dress up. Acting like a woman doesn't make you a bad mom. I like Kate and I like Jon. I am sorry for their family as a whole. But you can't blame a failing or struggling marriage on one person. 2 people get out of it what they put into it. I would hate for my life to be judge 30 minutes at a time. If you hate Kate or Jon for that matter, stop watching, nobody is making you sit there.

June 17, 2009 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Batman

Kate Gosselin is a selfish and pathetic person. What lessons are her children being taught by having everything handed to them. She is still taking shots at Jon on the air. No class. Now she thinks she's celebrity hanging out with the idiots at American Chopper and Chef "BAM". Her only claim to fame is having eight children. It will be interesting to see how these kids are in their teens. It is obvious that Jon has had enough. Who is going to want a middle age woman who is all about herself. She is in for a long ride.

June 17, 2009 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  27. whatthehell

caligirl and all you others that are so happy with someone else's failure. jon and kate are no doubt suffering the consequences for their poor choices, but what excuse do you have for wanting someone else to fail and being so damn happy about it. you're more pathetic then they are on so many levels. you're missing some serious human components to revel in someone else's pain...sick bastards!

June 17, 2009 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Nancy

Everybody should get a clue and realize Kon are not getting back together. Their marriage became a sham a long time ago (well before their fake Hawaii wedding) and has been a fraud. If Jon hadn't accidentally leaked the truth when he did, TLC and Kate would still be pretending for the sake of ratings. For narcissistic Kate, money has become the most important thing in life because she has no intention of going back to working and would rather let her kids support her lavish lifestyle. The day the kids won't want anything to do with her anymore is fast approaching, although she probably won't care. She doesn't act like she cares now. But you know she's making sure she'll be comfortably taken care of for the rest of her skanky days. She's ugly inside and out and doesn't deserve those kids or Jon.

June 17, 2009 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  29. memy

if it's all about the kids, then why is Jon driving a porsche

June 17, 2009 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  30. ed

This is what "reality" Televison is all about. Marketing to a particular demographic. There has never been anything "real" about this. How often does a real life family get a free ride like this. They do not worry about the things most real people face, those are taken care of by others. It might have been a genuine attempt at showing the "real" life of this family their first season, but this is NOT that same family. It is a televised commercial now. Only "reality" that is apparent now is that greed can destroy anything so long as it is left unchecked. Those are going to be some damaged children in the future, and you all had a part to play.

June 17, 2009 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  31. bEA

I already didn't like her, but when she commented to Emeril something like, ......."and the amazing thing is that I survived!!!!!!!" I think she is a self-centered egomaniac and I like her even less now.

June 17, 2009 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  32. Jaymi

When this show first started, I never missed an episode. Now it seems so scripted and so fake, that it isn't even enjoyable anymore. I do understand Kate's need to look good, I think it is a natural thing for a woman, however I think that she has taken it too far, and sacrificed the morals and values, that her family had ( when the show first aired) for money and fame. I think that TLC needs to take this show off the air and let this family work on their issues in private.

June 17, 2009 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  33. Dale

Kate wines and complains and looks for pity now complaining how she does everything alone.Don't believe it.Watched her for years belittleing Jon. she is the one who wanted two dogs. nnow all she does is complain about them too. here is a thought. why not train them. that could be a show. but no she yells at Jon even now to crate them where she beleives dogs belong. why even have dogs at all.
    something I have always wanted to know
    the kids are Jons sperm but are they kates eggs or someone elses because not one of them look like her.

June 17, 2009 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  34. Julia

I think America needs to let Kate be Kate and Jon be Jon and let them work out their problems without everyone picking apart every little thing. I would hope that after having 8 kids, and a tummy tuck, she would wear bikinis and try to look nice. I don't see the problem with that.

June 17, 2009 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  35. shelene

if she's has a stylish for her clothes – then she should have a marriage and parenting therapist and shrink also

June 17, 2009 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  36. janice

you can dress her up any way you want but it's not going to make her nice!

June 17, 2009 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  37. janice

no matter how you dress her up, she's still mean to her husband in public and thinks nothing of it!

June 17, 2009 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  38. Jen

I think that she has a right to dress the way she wants. So what if she didn't use to dress the way she did before. People change. Her life is changing majorly. She has to try to do as much as possible to try to get the ratings up for her show. She should be able to wear whatever, I mean she did have 8 kids, she deserves to still look however she wants to look without being criticized.

June 17, 2009 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  39. Chris

"Photos have been splashed on the covers of magazines lately of Kate at the beach in bikinis looking tanned and toned"

The above section of the article has much more to do with paparazzi than the show.

I also agree with Melissa and Linda that 1. she probably does have a stylist (or she has learned over time) 2. That everyone grows and changes as a person.

Is anyone really the same person that they were 5 and 10 years before; I know I'm not.

June 17, 2009 at 3:18 am | Report abuse |
  40. Susie

I'm sure she has people. However, as we get older and more aware of what we should look like before we leave the house, we start to take better care of ourselves. There is nothing wrong with trying to look good for your family. She's on tv for heaven sakes.

June 17, 2009 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  41. Mary

This is no longer a reality show. This is pure entertainment. Does the American Chopper crew come to your house and play with your kids? Does the famous chef Emeril come to your house and make your kids mac and cheese?? Kate is all about looking glamorous and not about taking care of her kids. You used to see Jon and Kate doing chores, cleaning toilets like the rest of us. Not anymore. They are driving fancy cars and morotcycles, jetting off on fancy vacations (separate and otherwise). That's not my reality and I doubt it is most peoples. This show needs to be taken off the air or retitled 'Celebrity Kate plus 8'

June 17, 2009 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  42. Janine Bussa

The sundress is at Ann Taylor Loft. Just bought a black one on sunday but they still had the green ones there.

June 17, 2009 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  43. Tracy

I try hard to put myself together better too, but fail many days and I only have 4 kids! Maybe a camera crew would be good motivation......

June 16, 2009 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Claire

I think you forgot the fact that she now has the money to buy cute clothes. Would you want to watch yourself on TV looking homely? The woman is raising 8 children and has millions of people watching her do it. She is allowed to take pride in her appearance. Nice clothes don't make you a bad mother or a "sex kitten".

June 16, 2009 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Missy

Why are people so negative when a woman gets an opportunity to make themselves look/feel better? I have always been on the chubby side and it got really bad after I gave birth to my daughter. I finally realized I had to completely change my lifestyle and have lost a lot of weight. I had a tummy tuck to get rid of the extra skin. I finally feel comfortable enough to wear a bathing suit (although, not a bikini – yet!) and go to the spa for tanning. I get my hair and nails done in the summer and I feel great, but now both family and friends are constantly bashing me (mostly behind my back) at how I've changed. I'm still the same person, I am no longer the shy fat girl in the room that lets everyone push her over, but apparently that's what everyone wants me to be. When Kate first had her kids, she didn't have the opportunities she has now. Most people, if given the opportunity to make themselves look good would do so, especially for free. I see how confident my daughter is – a reflection of the confidence I have gotten – and I know I did the best thing for myself and her. If Kate was overweight and wearing "mommy jeans" everyone would complain that she has enough money to go lose some weight and get some nice clothes. She can't win, someone will always complain.

June 16, 2009 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  46. michelle

Maybe this is her way of showing her husband and others that even though shes going through all this that she's still got it as a woman. Maybe its payback and showing her husband what he could've still had. I've known people to give themselves makeovers after a bad breakup.

June 16, 2009 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  47. lori

The show itself has lost the true family quality it had other years. If you watch the older episodes there is a huge difference – it used to be about the kids, but now its all about wardrobe, vacations and celebrity guest stars. They can't really call it 'reality' television anymore. But she does look great.

June 16, 2009 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Donna

I think she looks great! If I had a body like that I'd show it off too. She's a striking woman until she opens her mouth and then it all turns into ugly!

June 16, 2009 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Lyn

I'd rather see less fashion and more family.

June 16, 2009 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  50. DW

Pick up the new In Touch Weekly for Kate on the cover in her 'pretty pink dress'. The one she had on when the cops came because the paps called after watching her beat on Leah.
    Yep, that Kate Gosselin sure is someone to idolize...

June 16, 2009 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Melinda

Kate should spend more time being a mother to her children and less time exploiting them for money. Cha ching. She has completely sold out her family and her crappy marraige is just the beginning of the problems
    This show has become ridiculous.
    She is far more interested in the spotlight than her family.

June 16, 2009 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  52. sandra

I hate her hair do it is terrible! I used to like her now i don't.

June 16, 2009 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Dee LaBranche

Kate is terrific. It is wonderful to see her happy

June 16, 2009 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Sharon

You can definitely see the transformation in terms of her wardrobe. I don't particularly watch the show, but the media attention this woman has brought to herself in the last few months, you can see she's adding sex appeal to it. I agree that if after 8 kids you have the ability to flaunt it, then by all means go ahead- but I think it's all her falling into the Hollywood glitz and glamor. She's in the media, has a bigger house, and has an image to uphold. Maybe she should invest all that time and energy in holding her family together instead of looking pretty for the camera... just a thought.

June 16, 2009 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Coo Coo

And the show is less and less about the 8 kids and more and more about the parents

June 16, 2009 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  56. MauriSSio

sex does indeed sell. But not in this case, i dont know ANYBODY who is attracted to that lady.At all.

June 16, 2009 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Marilyn

She wants fame. She wants publicity. So, there you go.

June 16, 2009 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Mike

Wait a second- your all telling me that because Jon & Kate are on T.V, it gives us a right to judge what they do- no, we watch for entertainment, not to justify our own problems.

Small Minds are the factor that leads to a closed society

June 16, 2009 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  59. BORED IN AZ

I SAY YOU GO GIRL. I THINK THAT ALL OF US WOMEN OUT THERE WOULD WANT TO BOOST UP OUR SEX APPEAL IF WE JUST FOUND OUT THAT OUR HUSBAND OF ALMOST 10 YEARS HAS BEEN CHEATING ON US WITH A 23 YEAR OLD WOMAN. I WOULD BE DOING THE SAME THING SO THAT WHEN THAT YOUNGER WOMAN DUMPS HE CAN REALIZE WHAT A FOOL HE WAS FOR LETTING HIS WIFE GO. TRUST ME I'VE BEEN THERE DONE THAT & I CAN TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHERE SHE'S COMING FROM, PLUS FOR HAVING 8 KIDS SHE LOOKS GREAT.

June 16, 2009 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Nicky baldwin

who cares if she changing? people change. the real victims are those kids. how are they going to handle all the changes that may or may not occur.

June 16, 2009 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  61. B.E. Buch

Perhaps Kate has realised that looking frumpy doesn't do her or her relationship with her husband any favors. I hope this new look means she's feeling more confident. She's a truly beautiful woman. I've only given birth to a son and a daughter but I couldn't look half as good as she does even with a tummy tuck. I absolutely applaud the thought of Kate being the lovely lady she is. More power to her!

June 16, 2009 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  62. tv

Love how she was so worried about her makeup on the first ep. She definitely has a stylist now.

June 16, 2009 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  63. LBW

He husband spent their anniversary with another woman! He wants out and she has to make that show work to support the kids. She is young, she is cute and she handles her children well. She is also hurting. Give her a break.

June 16, 2009 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Mike1

Kate feels the world needs to rotate around her and does not care about her husband nor family. If she cared about her family, husband included, she would have postponed all taping when John mentioned that he was not happy with how life was turning out for him and his family. When you marry someone and that person says that what they are doing is not making them happy, they need to change direction. The kids seem to have more fun with Jon and he really enjoys the time with them. He may be resentful of having to give up his job to watch the kids full time. If so, Jon and Kate need to discuss and develop a new plan.

June 16, 2009 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Annette

Good for her. Her marriage is falling apart, she needs to look good to feel good. I went thru the same thing, (10 years of marriage and somebody wants out) Its a phase, they will get over it, and realize they cant live with or without each other. And besides whats wrong with being a hot mama? Good Grief, why should she look like a mess just because she has eight kids?

June 16, 2009 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  66. The Truth Hurts

Kate Gosselin has used her children for fame and fortune. She is a disgusting human being, consumed with image and her own vanity. I hope Jon takes her for everything. The kids are the ones that will suffer in the end.

June 16, 2009 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Kelly

It is really sad to see the downfall of the family. Before Kate was just a nagging wife but now she is the overlord of the whole clan. She has become such a media hound and even though she claims she hates the p-people she loves it! Because without the medical attention there would be no free trips, no cooking classes with TV cooks, no mega house....

She sold out her family long ago and it is really sad. They need to cancel the show and go back to being as normal as they can be with 8 kids.

Over Memorial weekend there was a marathon on the show starting way back at the begining and it used to be a sweet show but now it is totally scripted!

June 16, 2009 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Min

it is funny though how the attention and progression of the show since it started has slowly transitioned from being 100% on the kids to now Kate being the focal point as much as the kids. Kate wants to be like Victoria Beckham.

June 16, 2009 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  69. brigitte

hey Guys!

So she looks amazing now and should be proud of it.
    Lots of jealous people out there isn't there?
    I'm a 42 year old woman and myself also feel and look much better now then i use to.She should enjoy every moment of it and i'm certain that she and John are great parents
    Kudos to you Kate and keep up the good work.

From a montreal fan!

June 16, 2009 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Chelsea

The level of her sex appeal is directly related to the level of love in her marriage. When she filmed that episode where they shopped at the Gap, she had a husband who loved her & didn't fool around with co-eds. Now, with a seemingly failing marriage she's trying to make herself look & feel more attractive which is completely natural. There's nothing wrong with a mom (or any woman) who wants to look good. Especially a mom who's on the cover of gossip magazines every week.

June 16, 2009 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Valerie Murphy

She is a publicity whore and will regret the day that she and he
    chose to subject their minor children to a media circus, never mind
    the fact there are 8 young children being cared for by a team.

Not to sound paranoid but... one has to watch who is watching the kids,
    lots of pervs, any and everywhere...

Cute dress or not she's a shrew and Jon's a wuss, gulity of bad parenting.

June 16, 2009 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Caligirl

She is so into herself, it's sickening. She just keeps running her mouth to get attention. I am happy that Jon finally got sick of her. I love the way you can tell that he is SO over her.

June 16, 2009 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Linda Rivera

So what if she is changing. Don't we all grow and change. Why so much bashing. I don't get it.

June 16, 2009 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Jessie

Well isn't this what happens with you commit your life to reality TV?

June 16, 2009 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Melissa Ives

I am sure she has a stylist now, the show is starting to seem more scripted and less reality to me.

June 16, 2009 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  76. blueeyedbabe

it is sad, I use to stick up for her. I now think she is just like
    Octo-mom.... all about $$$$ and fame.... less about her family's needs.

June 16, 2009 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Rick in LA

Katie Gosselin is a selfish moron... welcome to Berks county!

June 16, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Becky

I completely agree...I watched it last night and was completely distracted by first, the fact she was sitting on the table and second, her cute green dress. I want it too!

June 16, 2009 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |