June 16th, 2009

Adam Lambert goes GaGa

We may not know exactly what Adam Lambert’s debut album will sound like, but we do now know at least one of the project’s producers.

This season’s “American Idol” runner-up confirmed to Parade.com that he is working with RedOne, producer for Lady GaGa.

"I can say that is true,” Lambert said. “We have been writing the past couple days and I think we're going to come out with some amazing tunes. I'm going to have my own sound but I do love Lady Gaga. I'm a huge fan."

The glam rocker gets chatty about Perez Hilton’s “crush” on him, dealing with his newfound celebrity status and reuniting with fellow contestants.

He also reveals that he’s been rubbing shoulders with some big-name artists since the show ended, including Usher, Enrique Iglesias and Madonna.

With so much star power circling in Lambert’s universe, might he be lining up some killer duets for his project?

–Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

Filed under: Music • television

« Previous entry
  1. Michael Calaizzo

Adam has tremendous talent.

May 17, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  2. softmelon

He's just plain awful gay or straight.

June 18, 2009 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Barbara

Adam stay away from Lady GaGa please. She's terrible and doesn't even compare to you......she will drag you down. You don't need anyone else but yourself. You will be the new king of the industry mark my words.

June 18, 2009 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ellistrae

I loved Adam on the show. He brought a magic and mystery that had never before appeared on the Idol stage. I was sorely disappointed that he did not win, but have to admit that it may have been the best thing that could have happened to him. He will hopefully have more creative freedom with his album since he didn't win. But...Lady GaGa? Seriously? Sorry, Lady GaGa is not even in the same universe as Adam vocally. She's hardly any better than Britney.

June 18, 2009 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ideagirlconsulting

i love posting articles about adam lambert on my site, and im a big fan of his, I believe he will come up with a new sound and become the new king of rock n roll?

I think Adam Lambert could be bigger then Elvis if he keeps going :)

June 18, 2009 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  6. DaveM

This man has an incredible voice and stage presence for miles. On top of that, he is pretty grounded. He will go far, with or without the American Idol moniker. Just look at Doughtry.

June 17, 2009 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. raf in va

THERE'S SINGING AND THEN THERE'S SCREAMING! ADAM HAS GREAT RANGE, BUT HE SHOULD LEARN HOW TO PULL BACK AT TIMES. SOME TIMES THE SCREAMING OVER POWERS THE SINGING. IN OTHER WORDS, YOU CAN OVER KILL , WHEN YOU SHOOT FOR THE MOON AND STAY THERE TOO LONG. GREAT PIPES THOUGH! I HOPE HE DOESN'T TRY TO USE HIS SEXUALITY AS A PLATFORM, JUST SING DUDE!

June 17, 2009 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  8. MR

I have watched AI every season thus far and I must say that Adam has got to be the best contestant in Idol's history. All of his performances were flawless and his vocals were impecable. I think that people forget that this was a singing competition and not a lifestyle competition. As for the results, It wasn't surprising that Adam didn't win. If you remember whichever season that Rueben and Clay were the final two. Clay was clearly the better singer but Rueben won.

June 17, 2009 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  9. tmike

I wish Adam had won AI8, but upon reflection, I have come to the conclusion that Kris' win was probably better for each of them. Adam didn't need to win in order to do well, but without a win, Kris would most likely have simply disappeared into obscurity with nothing other than a cult following.

As for complaints about Adam "screaming", listen to his studio work – it is far more mainstream-acceptable than the over-the-top interpretations that he used to make an impression on the show. For one example, his studio version of Ring of Fire is quite good – even though I loved his AI performance of the song.

June 17, 2009 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  10. Carol in Nevada

Love Adam. He is beautiful inside and out. Our family misses the "Adam Show" every week and can't wait for his Album. Not only the most talented contestant on Idol ever, he has the most incredible voice I have heard in many years and Im old...

June 16, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. H girl

Adam is such a good singer!!!!!!!! I dont care about his gayness if you were a true adam fan you would not care bout that! I seriously can not wait for his CD to come out this fall :(
    The sky is not the limit he can go as far as he wants with his music!!
    So keep up the good work dont change i like you how you are GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

June 16, 2009 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. FranScene

You go Adam! You got that thing called longevity!

June 16, 2009 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. wendy

Gay or straight, I pray Adam will not fall in the gutter with sex controlling him......I hope he falls in love and lives a clean life.......There are so many diseases out there....Gay or straight......watch who you kiss...The mouth holds many germs that can set you up for future sickness...........Good luck Adam and think of your parents often

June 16, 2009 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jose

May everyone on this page muster even half the guts it takes to follow your dreams like this guy. Think of the odds against him (nothing to do with his sexual orientation) just in shear numbers...And he is talented. I did not like everything he sang, but who likes everything any artist does?

He has already gone further than most of us will with our dreams...

To the haters:
    Love is a lot harder to show than hate. Hate is easy, takes no effort and returns nothing but a false sense of security.

June 16, 2009 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. St. Rich

Should fire your new make-up artist, really shows your blemishes!

June 16, 2009 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  16. hemnebob

can't wait to get his album.
    hurry up adam!!!
    loveyoutons!!

June 16, 2009 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Justin DQ

Can't wait to buy his album... I guess it's gonna be a pop/dance album because that what Lady GaGa is all about nowadays (Just Dance, Poker Face, Love Game, etc.) I'd like to support Adam anyway because he's so talented; and especially there are still too many homophobics and haters out there. Good luck, Adam!...

June 16, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  18. bj

Love that Adam!! I vow to buy two of his debut CD just to show my support – hope everyone else does too:)

June 16, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Beth

Adam Lambert is so....much better than Lady GaGa! Rock on Adam!!!

June 16, 2009 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  20. David

I would buy a ticket if he took over as the lead for Queen. That is a perfect fit....part time, but perfect.

June 16, 2009 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  21. liberatedAdam

To those people that said Adam awful and can't sing, I can only say you guys have no taste! Can't tell a real talented singer/artist from a typical idol. Oh another think, for sure very close minded and conservatives. Always expect pop star has to come in certain mold. Wake up... time to be creative.

June 16, 2009 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Martom

I agree completely with Greg and Jill!!!

June 16, 2009 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  23. KVC

What I would like? Adam and Kris doing the leads in Jesus Christ Superstar. Boy, Adam would rock Judas out of the park. I don't know if Kris could do JC, but I think it would be worth the try. I would LOVE to see that.

June 16, 2009 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  24. catlady

we all new Adam lost because of homophobes – and that is why Chris won, plus his wife had him copy what Adam was doing – we also knew that everyone would forget who Chris was in a short amount of time and that Adam was going to be huge – cant wait for Adam's album to come out – also anxious for news about Adam and Queen!

June 16, 2009 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Ginger

Adam has a lot of similarites that remind me of ELVIS !! love that. he's a great singer and I look foward to buying his cd's. G in Iowa

June 16, 2009 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Paul

This kid is his generation's Streisand. He can sing any song, from any genre and make it his own. He's obviously got some acting chops as well. His future is limitless as long as he plays his cards well. He's off to a terrific start.

If Adam were smart, he'd be picking her brain for tips on how to sustain a career for 50+ years. She still packs them into arena's at the highest ticket prices ever for a single performer. Her recordings still go multi-platinum. Her last film was the highest worldwide grossing comedy in history.

If Barbra were smart, she'd be recording something with him asap. He's got talent, energy to spare, he's got a voice from the angels, and he's the hottest thing around right now.

June 16, 2009 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Beegoe

He'll be a distant memory within a year. Wait until the first inappropriate picture of him surfaces. POOF! GONE!! I hope he takes "guyliner" with him too.

June 16, 2009 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Derek

Kris Allen has ALREADY been forgotten. Adam was the ONLY one on that show besides Allison that had any talent. He is diverse and relevant. People from Kansas will judge him based on his looks or lifestyle but they can go back to baling hay or whatever they do in that state no one cares about and let us city folk have some fun.

June 16, 2009 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  29. ASH

OK, the boy is talented, but COME ON!!!! He has no real marketability!! He already is set in his ways of being a rocker and it seems that no amount of cojoling from ANY of the judges would have changed it. Kris Allen, though less of a heavy hitter, is just as talented but a lot easier to be molded into what the record industry is really looking for. AND, he is fighting to keep his individuality!!

June 16, 2009 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  30. sharon

Adam is talented. He is creative and an original........also, I wish I could use eyeliner like he does......

I am a Kris fan. Any one who can accompany himself (or herself) on any number of instruments is a hero in my book. It takes me months to learn a new song, by heart!!

June 16, 2009 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  31. trubbleshooter00

i dont know whos more flamboyant adam or danny noreaga TMTH (too much to handle!) YOU GO Girl!

June 16, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Kevin

I wish him luck and hope he does not spiral out of control. Living in Hollywood land tends to ruin people. WOW- Shocking Reveleation???? I guess you had to be blind not to see that one coming!!!!. If this is the best we have to offer no wonder the US is becoming a 3rd world country. I cannot wait for Idol to go off the air.

June 16, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Angel D.

Everything that is wrong with this country...

Instead of recognizing real people that actually make this country better, people like him are being made role models out of.

What ever happened to looking up to teachers, scientists, engineer and doctors? Instead, we are looking up to pre-pubescent homosexual males with eye-liner and mascara.

Not that there is anything wrong with homosexality,,,

What ever…

June 16, 2009 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Paul Notman

I said it before and I'll say it again. He needs to be the new "Queen" front man. He is like a reincarnated Freddie Mercury with a younger vibe. He could reintroduce the music of "Queen" to a whole new generation while keeping us older fans very happy.

June 16, 2009 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  35. bob

adam=disgusting

June 16, 2009 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  36. jULZ

Adam is an actor, he is playing a part, like his dog gone days of drama. He DOES SCREAM his songs, so much so that it was painful during IDOL. I felt the natural talent that Chris has easily made him a deserving winner of IDOL.
    AND, I don't care about what Adam does in his bedroom, I am just sick of hearing about what people do, Can it just not be private anymore? All this open discussion and display of sexuality has brought the subject to a less than significant or appropriate level. But I do hate the makeup! YIKES!

June 16, 2009 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Joe

Lady GaGa one of the premium artist of our time. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A JOKE!

June 16, 2009 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Jason

Lady GaGa?! What happened to the rocker persona he created on Idol? I guess this sort of means that was all an act, since he's going the dance/pop route with his album. Oh well, I guess he'll be known as the most talented Poser to ever grace the Idol stage. Such a disappointing line-up of people he wanted to work with: Lady GaGa, Madonna, Katy Perry?! Huge let-down. I was expecting something more along the lines of Queen, or heck, even Journey-anything is better than someone that created Lady GaGa's sound.

June 16, 2009 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Marie

Adam rocks!! To have a talent such as this come out of American Idol is amazing. He really is a standout and much too good to actually have won AI. We look forward to some fantastic music from him in the years to come. Especially love his ballads like "Mad World" and "Tracks of My Tears." That voice is amazing. And talk about handsome!!

June 16, 2009 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Sadera

Adam looks like he could be Kurt Russell's son! He does look like him. I loved Adam all season, he's truly original and he should have won. Not taking anything away from Kris because the man can sing too. Adam was the true talent and fame and fortune will come his way...more so than Kris I think.

June 16, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Andre

Adam is a much needed breath of fresh air on the music scene. Here's to originality. Middle America and the bible belt need to find their own star – maybe Rush Limbaugh will do if he can sing.

June 16, 2009 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Fan in Virginia

Congrats Adam on whatever success you receive for all your hard work. Not my kind of music, but believe very talented young man.
    Kriss Allen doesn't have to be in the limelight. He won! So big deal. He doesn't base his life on the American Idol success. He was a success before he went on the show. For those who don't understand this statement...worldly success doesn't last ...only what is from above does!

June 16, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  43. LESLIE

I AGREE WITH GLORIA!!!!! SCREAMER!!!!!!!!

June 16, 2009 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  44. ME

I predict that we will be saying Adam Who????? by this time next year.

June 16, 2009 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  45. DMC

I cant wait for his album to be released. I work in a office full of middle aged and older women who Love you Adam! We are still watching the downloaded versions of Idol. We use them as pick me ups during our breaks!

June 16, 2009 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Nancy

I agree that he is/was the most talented on the show. While I like Kris he is not going to go even halfway as far as Adam. Sorry Kris lovers...he is a nice guy but we all know where nice guys finish. Adam is the hot one – and I am 63 years old!!! So...I am not starcrossed nor am I influenced by looks. He is simply more talented than many of them. Period. Much as some of you don't want to admit it, he is going to go to the top.

June 16, 2009 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Barb

Wow, come in 2nd on American Idol and get the cover of Rolling Stone and working with Lady Ga Ga already! Come in 1st and................who was that again and where is he?

June 16, 2009 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Royleneglambertfan

Can't wait baby! Your star is shining so bright!

June 16, 2009 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  49. idolcritic

Adam rocks! A star is born and I can't wait for his album. His confidence is refreshing and, finally, we have someone articulate who presents himself well during interviews. He has enormous talent, has worked hard and deserves everything he gets. No doubt, his first album will be full of surprises. I'm sure there will be a duet or two and I do hope that he shows his diversity. His sexuality? Who cares? Why is it even an issue – I don't get it!

June 16, 2009 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  50. GLORIA

ADAM IS TALENTED, BUT COME ON . hE COMES FROM THEATER.
    HE TENDS TO SCREAM EVERYTIME HE OPENS HIS MOUTH. NOW
    KRIS ON THE OTHER HAND, HAS A UNIQUE STYLE THA T JUST FITS. I KNOW HE WILL GO FAR WITH HIS OBVIOUS TALENT.

June 16, 2009 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Steve Bevins

To the blogger that said Adam screamed like a girl for "EVERY" song, I think he should review the tapes of such songs like Whole Lotta Love, Black or White, etc. Sounds like he should audition for American Idol as he is obviously as tone deaf as most of the preliminary contestants.

June 16, 2009 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Catwing

I am yet another fan waiting for Adam's original music. During Idol he brought back some of my favorite alternative songs and did them with his own special spin, which made me like them all the more. He is the only Idol that I would pay money to see, and I would absolutely line up around the block in the rain for such an opportunity. His Rollingstone cover story was inspirational. I am a single white woman, 49, in San Francisco who is not gay who loves original people and original music. Cheers to you Adam!

June 16, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Tom

Are you friggin kidding me? All he did was scream like a girl, in EVERY song. Waaaayyy over the top IMO.
    --------–

Exactly. He was awful.

June 16, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Margo

I think he looks rather like Elvis – with the dark hair, light eyes and good looks. I think he is going to leave his mark in the music world.

June 16, 2009 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Grammi

Adam is good but I agree that he is over the top with his screaming. He appeals to a rocker audience not the Josh, Andrea etc. folks.
    He is an entertainer, but I would not want my grandchildren to go see his concerts, buy his albums or God forbid think of him as an idol/role model.

I wish him well and I hope he can handle the celebrity stuff!!

June 16, 2009 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Chris

Adam will go far. He so reminds me of a young Elvis Prestley.
    He had more feeling coming from his singing than I have seen in years.

June 16, 2009 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Debra, Memphis

Breath of fresh air? Has everyone forgotten the 80's – he is Duran Duran all over again – and Lady GaGa = Missing Persons.

June 16, 2009 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  58. rolyat

People have so much to say about Adam's make up. He needs all that make up to cover his bad skin. And can we please remember that he is not a teen idol. But an almost 28 yeal old adult male who acts like a teen

June 16, 2009 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Sally

Oh behave people! Enough with the insults, the competition is over. Adam has many looks and yes, he does play up the make-up look at times but a lot of other times he tones it down. He's a beautiful person inside and out. There are a lot of videos and photos of Adam without much make-up and he looks incredibly hot! Gorgeous. I think it's fun when he does a little over the top look.... it's all good.

June 16, 2009 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Kevin

I'm glad he didn't win, because somehow I feel that an Idol win would have diminished his inevitable path to well deserved stardom. Water seeks its own level and Adam's level is in the stratosphere.

June 16, 2009 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  61. CD in DC

he needs to tone down that makeup, showing your age at 27 is no-no.

June 16, 2009 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Estelle

I'd much rather listen to him sing than watch him, or read about him.

June 16, 2009 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Sera

RedOne said he was going for a rock album with some Queen inspiration and electronic elements. I'm excited. I'm actually going to the tour to see Adam (NEVER would have done that in the past). Can't wait to hear him sing Muse and Bowie!

June 16, 2009 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Name Here

WHOOT!!!

June 16, 2009 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Angela

I have always loved the rocker's the have been on AI, but I honestly don't think I can stomach a whole album of Adam's.

June 16, 2009 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Kathleen Funk

I am praying this artist makes the big time. He got robbed with not winning American Idol and I only know the first name of the young man that did win-Chris.. he is forgettable. But Adam Lambert has been waiting in the wings to earn his place in the music industry, and I am anxiously waiting for what he puts out. He is going to be a huuge artist!!

June 16, 2009 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Adam Addict

Adam is so talented, and also has honesty, a great sense of humor, and a sexiness that can't be matched. I can't wait to get his new album, see his music videos, and attend his concerts. I just hope that he stays true to himself, isn't processed by his producers like processed cheese, and gives us a great way to appreciate him and his terrific voice. I have to be honest, my admiration and addiction to Adam exceeds all other artists that I've been fans of now and in the past. They have all faded into memory and I have no interest in listening or watching anything that doesn't have Adam in it!

June 16, 2009 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Julie

I am a total Glamb & can't wait to get his album. He is incredibly talented, unique & amazing. I wish him well. Is there a site that lets us know what magazines, TV shows he is doing? I love everything Adam!

June 16, 2009 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Pete in San Francisco

Adam has an amazing voice and is a talented performer. There is no doubt that he will be a commercial success. I do hope he strikes a nice balance between artistic expression with mad vocals on some songs and musical integrity with restrained vocals on others (such as on a ballad).

June 16, 2009 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  70. ccvsales.com

Adam is by far the most talented on American Idol, not just this year but in all previous years. Best of luck to him!

June 16, 2009 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Elaine

Plus, he looks like the young Tony Curtis in Some Like it Hot. Go Adam!

June 16, 2009 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  72. dallygirl

Not a huge fan of Lady GaGa but I love me some Lambert. I know whatever he puts out will be terrific.

Go ADAM!

June 16, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  73. J

I thought Adam was very talented, but I didn't care for his style of music. I won't be buying the album.

June 16, 2009 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Irahetafan

WHATEVA!!!!
    Allison would have topped him in the finals by far!!!!!!

June 16, 2009 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Paula

Adam was the best. He has the whole package. I am 52 year old and I think he is very striking person. I hope we see more of him. That voice Wow!!! Plus he seems to be able to handle the public he's got it going on.

June 16, 2009 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Joan

Well, the world is GAGA over Adam, so it's only natural. Rock it out of the park Adam!!!

June 16, 2009 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Melora, Longwood, Florida

Adam is a great artist and the sky is the limit as to how high his career will go. He has a gorgeous voice and I can't wait for his album. Good luck, Adam.

June 16, 2009 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Annie

I also can't wait to get his album – but where does one go for that. Will it be available in stores as usual? I wish Adam all the best. Too bad American Idol when the 10 were competing didn't do a theme of
    Backstreet Boys & NSynic. Anyway, all the best Adam.

June 16, 2009 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Lynette Walker

I challenge anyone from any continent to find another "ENTERTAINER'S ENTERTAINER" whose talent surpasses this incredible natural talent.!! The late and still living greats like Elvis, Michael Jackson, Sinatra, Billie Holliday, and so many others would be amazed... His parents obviously loved him big time and nurtured him from the beginning of his beautiful life.. He shows such confidence, high self esteem, incredible manners, and is a real natural entertainer.. He will be HUGE... especially if Simon Crowell is producing his work... I cannot wait to see his music unfold as he advances forward. I feel the same way when it comes to Susan Boyle.... ahh but for the magic in their voices and in their human self...

June 16, 2009 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  80. az

Good for you, Lambert! You are a talented artist! But do stay away from Perez Hilton. He's not worth your time at all! He's ugly inside and out and he'll drag you down. Stay focused with the music and you'll go very far! I am looking forward to your album soon!

June 16, 2009 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  81. norman

I haven't paid for an album in over a decade however I would buy his guys album in a minute.

June 16, 2009 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  82. myhousedeals

he's the best singer to ever come out of idol. can't wait to see his career develop.

June 16, 2009 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  83. BG

This dude will bring back glam rock! Go Adam!

June 16, 2009 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Sara

I love Adam!! He was my fav too! Love ya Adam!!!!!!

June 16, 2009 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Michael

He will be the one to watch, the old timers like Madonna, will want him to boost their careers again, the old Madonna is very slow to leave the scene and retire, which she should do. Its time.

June 16, 2009 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  86. JGM

I can't wait to hear his first album. His voice compliments and blends well with so many other artists I hope that he includes some duets.

June 16, 2009 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Gil

This guy cracks me up. His great voice, carefree attitude, he's gonna go far. I miss the Tuesday night entertainment!

June 16, 2009 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  88. stacy

Holy makeup Adam!!

June 16, 2009 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  89. BP

sounds like more over-produced same old garbage "pop stars" have been putting out for years. *yawn*.

June 16, 2009 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  90. MN

I love Adam, he is an amazing talent, he could sell millions just on a DVD or CD of his Idol performances!!

June 16, 2009 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  91. SJ

With as much makeup as the guy is wearing in that photo, the title ought to read "Adam Lambert goes Boy George".

June 16, 2009 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Richard

Adam Lambert is am amazing talent, it's no wonder the biggest stars are reaching out to him.... he is the ultimate super star in the making.... watch out madonna... ooops, did I say that?

Ricky in Austin Texas

June 16, 2009 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Art

Adam, you have an extraordinary voice, but going a la Lady Gaga ??? Come on... you know you're better than that!

Anyway, the best of lucks...!

June 16, 2009 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  94. AmazingAdam

Yeah...! Adam totally fits with the Lady GAGA style. Fashion, attitude and good vocal voice for sure. Lady Gaga is totally new breath of fresh air in the entertainment industry, so does Adam. They both bring new edgy style and they promote themselves as 'not so perfect Idol', but they're just there as performer. They have their obnoxious style that for sure will attract media attentions! I can't wait for Adam doing more concerts! :) So proud of Adam.

June 16, 2009 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Bill

I don't think he was the most talented one on the show but he did have a very unique sound which made him stand out more. He was very talented. I will have to wait to hear what kind of music he decide's to do before I say whether or not I am going to buy his album. Again, I will definitely say that he is very talented and does have a very bright future ahead of him.

June 16, 2009 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  96. JC

As long as the producers don't change him he will do better than any idol ever.. Ok maybe not underwood...Seriously he is a mix between the best 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's rockers.. I can't wait to buy his music and go to his concerts, Adam is seriously a one-of-a-kind....

June 16, 2009 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  97. JD

Coming in second will prove to be the best thing that ever happened to him. He is a born entertainer and can now make his own rules.

June 16, 2009 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Me

Oh good grief

June 16, 2009 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  99. GD

I'm not a huge fan of his lifestyle/persona...that said, he is an extremely talented singer. I hope the album matches his talent, as I'd certainly buy it.

I thought Kris was ok, but he shouldn't have won...and honestly, I can't imagine what kind of album he could make that I'd buy.

Note: Perez Hilton is a loser!!!!!

June 16, 2009 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Mom

He's not John Tesh afterall – he's WRITING!

June 16, 2009 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Doug

Who cares!!! Mascara and nail polish on dudes rocks!!! Give me a freakin' break.......the USA has developed into a bunch of fat, needy entertainment junkies. Like an old Soviet president said back in the 60's ......"We won't have to lift a finger, America will destroy itself from the inside out".

June 16, 2009 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  102. David Scott

Great for Adam... He deserves it.

Good Luck Guy..,

David Scott

June 16, 2009 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Buzzy

ewe

June 16, 2009 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Northern golfer

Adam was the best throughout the competition. He is an original and I look forward to his release.

June 16, 2009 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Judy Johnson

I am a mid 60's Grandmother and very much a heterosexual. Everyone will soon find out that Adam is the absolutely best among all contestants since Idol's inception. His sales wil completely soar... and dwarf the current title holder. I do regret people seemed to have held his "Gayness" against him. This was a singing contest... not whether you were heterosexual.

June 16, 2009 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Maria Martinez

One of the most beautifully talented creatures walking this earth! Those blue eyes and dark hair coupled with that amazing voice is truly and explosive combination – His album can't come out soon enough!

June 16, 2009 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  107. TC

I think Adam is awesome and he got my vote on AI. I admire that he is confident and comfortable enough to be himself while moving forward on his journey. All my best to him and I will DEFINITELY buy his music. I think he is a truly talented artist in every sense of the word.

June 16, 2009 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  108. darrell

Diversity is key to his longevity. Every song cannot have ear shattering shrills; he must learn to suppress that until the right time.
    He's a very gifted young man and should stay away from Perez Hilton!

June 16, 2009 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  109. just me

Madonna? Seriously? She's old hat.

I'm just excited to hear he likes to make out with girls!

June 16, 2009 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Kareen

The world is waiting for you Adam!!!!

June 16, 2009 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Jesse

I like how he wasn't even the one who won American Idol, but is the one who's getting all the rockin publicity.

June 16, 2009 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Greg

June 16, 2009 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  113. West

Love to hear him sing, he's got terrific talent, looking forward to buying his albums for decades to come.

June 16, 2009 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Bh

I was not a fan of Adam on the show, but I do think he is very talented.. just not the kind of music I would actually listen to. But I do like him much more off the show in interviews .. he comes across as intelligent and very open, and I would hope that people that were fans would continue to be his fans after the "shocking" revelation of his sexuality.

June 16, 2009 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Jill

Eeek! That picture. Adam is looking more feminine by the day.

I think he'll be a flash-in-the-pan as a pop or rock star. He needs to stick to Broadway or Las Vegas shows.

June 16, 2009 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  116. AS

I can't wait to get his album; he was the most talented one on the show! He has a great future ahead of him

June 16, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |