June 11th, 2009

This just in- Carrie Prejean fights back!

This just in!

Former Miss California Carrie Prejean has just released this statement to Showbiz Tonight:

“Let me begin by saying I treasure the opportunity I’ve had to represent the great State of California, and I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to the thousands of Californians, and other Americans, I have met and who have stood with me through this controversial firestorm. One of the many enduring things about being Miss California USA was the opportunity to get to meet and know so many wonderful people. I would not be the strong, courageous woman I am today without your support, and prayers.

I would like to thank Mr. Donald Trump and his organization for his support and defending me through the most challenging time of my life. I am so grateful for him, and the opportunity I've had to get to know him. I admire, and respect him. I wish Tami Farrell the best; I know she will do a great job.

I hope Americans watching this story unfold, take away the most important lesson I have learned through all of this: nothing is more important than standing up for what you believe in, no matter what the cost may be. I’ve done my best under the difficult circumstances to handle the vicious attacks with integrity and show respect to others, even those who don’t agree with me.

I worked in good faith to meet my responsibilities as Miss California USA. I have met every scheduled appearance, and responsibility, as recently as May 31st. I have followed the proper protocol requested of me and haven’t made any appearances or speaking engagements without the consent or approval from the Miss California USA or Miss Universe Organizations. I have not signed with any book publisher or taken on any business proposals. As of today, June 11, 2009, I have done everything possible to honor my contract.

I am proud to be an American, and blessed to have had the opportunity to exercise my freedom of speech. I am excited and looking forward to where God leads me in the future. I know He has big plans for me. I am proud to be the strong woman God has molded me to be. I will always stand for the truth, respectfully, and never back down.

Thank you and God Bless.”

For much more on this developing story, don’t miss Showbiz Tonight at 11pm Eastern and Pacific on HLN!

« Previous entry
  1. Al

It's amazing how religion breeds hate. "God bless the Republican terrorist that killed the abortion doctor. It saved many lives." What faulty logic.

Who's seen the nude photos of Carrie floating around the internet? Nice family values.

June 14, 2009 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Eric

A gal who is beautiful until she starts to speak?
    Couldn't she just let us have our illusion;
    isn't that the point behind a pageant...
    or is fame and infamy the same thing?

June 14, 2009 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Wanda

Just goes to show the old saying, "beauty is only skin deep" is right. Her real values are to take away the rights of other people, while posing naked and not keeping her contractual word. Some Christian values! And somehow she still blames the gays for her own actions. Unbelievable.

June 14, 2009 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Anita Marie

Though it's not in the constitution someone needs to remind the former Miss California and soon to be FOX anchor ( okay that's a joke )
    People do have the right to disagree- even with former Beauty Queens.

It's a freedom of speech thing.

June 14, 2009 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Steve

To Carrie and her ilk:
    You are welcome to express whatever opinion you want, it's a free country. Just remember that there are plenty of people who aren't allowed to create the families they want in this same "free" country.

June 12, 2009 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Brandy

To Gee:
    "It’s when we get behind closed doors, what we whisper to only our close friends and some family members that you hear the truth. I think we’d cringe if were ever printed…are we really outraged or is it the politically correct thing to do."

I guess that is how you feel about yourself and your views. I can promise you that that is not how I think or talk to others.

Carrie says she is standing for (apparently) the only thing she believes in.. but what about her so called "platform. She had probably gotten so much attention from the crazed bible thumpers, that she forgot everything else she believed to get the attention she craves... which unfortunately all beauty pageant girls want.

June 12, 2009 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ben

I live in California I sick of gays trying to push their beliefs on me. I say let the voters of california voteon Carrie losing her crown. Maybe we take it to the supreme court to stop her from losing her crown. Hey people of california spoke Prop 8 will not pass. Carrie I thank you for standing up for what you beleive. No to her losing her Crown. And also No to Prop 8

June 12, 2009 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Shelly

Wow, someone near her can really write! Good Job Ghost Writer! For the REAL MS. PREJEAN, read the emails. She is a conceited, selfish b--. Goes to show you pretty packages can be quite ugly inside.

June 11, 2009 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Gee

God forbid if you say out loud what millions are thinking. While her statment was shocking for someone so young she has a right to say what she wants, as vulgar, and ignorant as it may be.

We are not and have never been a country of brotherly love. We TOLERATE, we SMILE, we NOD our heads... hell we'll even contribute, and share an occasional meal togeher.

It's when we get behind closed doors, what we whisper to only our close friends and some family members that you hear the truth. I think we'd cringe if were ever printed...are we really outraged or is it the politically correct thing to do.

June 11, 2009 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. slimdave420

and who wrote this response for her. she can barely put two thoughts together without leaving everyone going 'wha??' looks like she paid someone (or perhaps it's the legal department of her new sponsers) very well to write a coherent albeit stupid response.

June 11, 2009 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. KevinfromtheNorthsideofChicago

This dimwit will get a job at Fox News where all the so called journalists are working at!!!

June 11, 2009 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. slimdave420

great now go slither under a rock and disappear. hypocrite!

June 11, 2009 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Paul Habe

This girl is PROUD to be a bigot and be known as a bigot? It's the equivalent of a white supremacist saying he's proud to be a racist and segregationist. Could Prejean's position be any more twisted and anti-American??

June 11, 2009 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Lori

Good for her. What a lovely statement she made. She will do very well in the future there is no doubt because she is a lovely lady.

June 11, 2009 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Christy

She sees herself as a saint? If it is true she wasn't showing up for meetings and appearances then it was rightly so she was fired.

Why is she seen as courageous, I don't understand it. Why is not fulfilling commitments a Christian act?

June 11, 2009 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Arue

That is one classy lady!

June 11, 2009 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  17. J

You over-did the strong independent woman thing. Ignoring one's business contract or any moral obligation or promise is not a sign of strength and independence - it's a sign of weakness.

June 11, 2009 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Pete in CMH

Good riddance.

June 11, 2009 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  19. roger bowen

how sad: that we as a country have come this far only to allow people that have absolutely no respect for the sanctity of marriage to be able to vilify such a decent person because she does not believe as they do.it's a very sad day for the United States of America !

June 11, 2009 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  20. MJ

What a big FAKE!!!! Was she thinking about God when she took the nude pictures? Just go and sit down, FAKER.

June 11, 2009 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Garry-Arkansas

But you can bet that come Friday, the book deals will be signed and her $$$$ will triple.
    Good Christian young lady with morals..what a joke!

June 11, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  22. detroitlisa

Yes, you are an American Ms. Prejean and with that you MUST live with the fact that ALL people are to be treated equal here. So whether you like it or not you are a part of the same America as gays, lesbians, transgendered, and bisexual people. Welcome to America!

June 11, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  23. G Rogers

I'm so sick of this young lady. All the focus has been on her and absolutely none on the contestant that actually won the Miss USA title. Shame on the media for insulting the fine young woman who won.

June 11, 2009 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Bug

God bless you, Carrie!!! I, too, believe He has great plans for your life!!! And, I also want to thank "you" for standing up for your beliefs!! It's the right thing to do!!

June 11, 2009 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Chris

Wow she told us! Good luck to you in your future endeavors. I think we should all have the right to stand up for what we believe in. No matter which side we are on. I am for Gay marriage but there is a war going on in Iraq and I don't think it should take priority over that. I will also defend freedom of speech til my last breath. I think Pervert Hilton took a cheap shot and asked a question and was not prepared to get a real answer. It should not have mattered whether he liked the answer or not! It was her answer, there was no right or wrong answer people!!!

June 11, 2009 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Nate

That was actually pretty classy.

June 11, 2009 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |