June 10th, 2009

Shia LaBeouf is at his wit's end

It might be a huge put-on, but Shia LaBeouf sounds pretty unhappy in an interview in this Sunday’s edition of Parade magazine, now available on the Web.

“Actors live dependent on being validated by other people’s opinions,” LaBeouf, who stars in the forthcoming "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," told the magazine’s Dotson Rader. “I don’t understand what it is I do that people want. I don’t know what an actor does. I have no credentials. I don’t know what I’m doing. To my mind, talent doesn’t really exist. Talent is like a card player’s luck. It is motivation, ambition, and luck. It’s just a drive to be the best. I think acting is a con game.”

Later, he added, “Acting is instinctual. The good actors are all screwed up. They’re all in pain. It’s a profession of bottom-feeders and heartbroken people.”

LaBeouf himself is, apparently, recovering from a broken heart. He broke up with China Brezner, the daughter of “The Greatest Game Ever Played” producer Larry Brezner. LaBeouf starred in the movie, which was based on Mark Frost’s book.

“Why did the love of my life and I break up?” he said. “Man, I have no idea. What was that all about? I have no answers to anything. None.”

Then he said, “Why am I an alcoholic? I haven’t a damn clue! What is life about? I don’t know.” LaBeouf was arrested for drunken driving last year, and also had a drunken run-in with guards at a Chicago Walgreens in 2007.

The interview is full of revelations, including memories of his “hippie childhood,” which included dressing up in a clown costume to help his father sell hot dogs, and doing stand-up at age 10.

The upshot is that LaBeouf seems to have developed a well-worn cynicism about everything, even as he tries to work out what he’s doing.

“I’m still doing the same hustle now,” he continues. “The only change is that, instead of my dad selling hot dogs from the cart, it’s ["Transformers" producer] Steven Spielberg selling the hot dogs.”

– Todd Leopold, CNN.com Entertainment Producer

Filed under: movies

« Previous entry
  1. sonja

Shia is just dealing with problems. We all have problems we have to deal with, and they are all on different levels. Yes, it is true money can't buy you love or happiness and I think he knows this.

He is a good actor and I think he will be around for a while as long as he doesn't get carried away with Transformer movies. After a while we will get tired of it. Please don't let me see him in Transformers 6.

He is sexy and I would love to see him in some different movies like Sex in the City or a movie where he plays a murderer. He has got to eventualy step away from Transformers like Zack Efron stepped away from High School Musical!!!!!!

Show a little more chest Shia!!!

June 11, 2009 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Loren

Sheesh the hate being spewed here is amazing and troubling. People are saying 'stop crying, get a job, others are worse off' etc etc, and I think that's EXACTLY what he IS thinking about – He seems to have Hollywood pretty accurately pegged. It sounds to me like he HAS looked around and realized that so many others have it so much worse than he does – and he doesn't understand why HE deserves the luck and fortune he has had, can't figure out why good people are losing their homes and can't feed their families while he's getting piles of money for doing something he thinks of as comparatively trivial. It sounds to me like an intelligent and troubled young man who knows he needs help.

Maybe if more people in the world experienced this kind of existential crisis and HAD to try to confront the questions about 'what is the point and meaning of life' and 'what is my real purpose – is it up to me to define that?' the world would be a much better place. Instead most people live day to day like non-sentient animals whose only goal is to satisfy their most basic needs and breed. They don't know or care that there is more to life and they spew their ignorance into the world and make it a s***hole for the rest of us. My real question is how (and why) do these brainless jerks have/use access to one of the greatest technological achievements in history and us it to spread their ignorance and lack of compassion. People like these make the world crap for the rest of us. I wish they would shut up and go away. I'd rather discuss philosophy with Shia LeBouef than read (or hear) their ignorant garbage.

June 11, 2009 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. MJ

I don't know if he's sincere about what he's saying - if he thinks he's an alcoholic but doesn't know why he does need therapy to figure it out. But COME ON, people, does everybody still think money makes all your troubles go away? If he's rich, he has no right to feel pain? All the people struggling to pay their bills have a right to gripe, but if you struck it rich tomorrow do you think that would solve all your troubles? Did this guy ASK to be interviewed, and did he ASK you to read about him? If you are so disdainful, then pay no attention to him. Otherwise, cut him some slack.

June 11, 2009 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. JKH

Warning! Warning! Meltdown imminent!

June 11, 2009 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dc

my opinion, ditch hollywood and start a punk rock band, i can see a lot more angst coming from him against the studio tyrants and messed up celebs if he keeps going on this track

June 11, 2009 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. annie

Do you want some cheese with that whine? Grow up.

June 11, 2009 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. Super Terrific Action Guy

Eh, so he's a little screwed up...who isn't these days? haha Us common folk have whiney complaints about mortgages, kids, job, rising energy costs, blah, blah, blah...the celebs have their drinking episodes and ridiculous "famous people" pressures. It's all relative man. Am I the only one that thinks this dude would be cool to drink with? haha I mean, "Steven Spielberg is selling the hot dogs"...that hilarious. hahaha

June 11, 2009 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  8. phillip slavin

i dont mean to rip on the guy while he is in such an emotional state, but i dont care. dont feed your problems to the media for sympathy. you chose your profession, you chose the path youre on in life. so shut up and deal with it. however you have to (other than being a drunk)

June 11, 2009 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jenn

Hey just because he makes millions of dollars doesn't mean life is easy. Just because people have money it doesn't fix everything. I am glad to see he isn't all "well the world is perfect and wonderful" That he is truthful about how he feels. I completely respect that!! Celebrities are hunted like game. It is ridiculous. And everyone has an opinion about them. When everyone needs to look into their own lives and judge. Money can make some things easier. But not your personal life. Or help you emotionally. And yes I am middle class just like most of us living pay check to pay check. So don't think I am defending him because we have money. I hope he gets the help he needs and no harm comes to him. And I hope he knows some of us respect him for being so open and honest!!! I wish him all the best. I have been down dark roads too at one point in my life. And it is a battle to get yourself back. But he can do it. I pray he does!!

June 11, 2009 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  10. Ames

This just goes to show money can't buy you happiness and fame does not give you the validation every human being needs.

June 11, 2009 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  11. Amber

Shia Is great..Actors are cons they either really good or really bad. Anyone can lie but guess what, you're either really good at it or not so much. If Shia isn't happy maybe he should take some time to figure out what does make him happy. I mean he called acting a hustle, a hustle is what people use to get ahead to get by, it's not always what you desire to do or what you love to do it's what your good at doing and can make money from. So, why is everyone so surprised by Shia's comments, all he did was speak his truth on how he feels about what he does. I'm sure he is not the only actor that feels that way. To those of you lack in you finances you say, "What is he complaining about?" Remember money can't buy you happiness! It's not just a old saying. People who put their faith and trust in the wrong places and you be unhappy. Its only one Person to trust in in these days and times and you can find him in a book often referred to as Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. Taste and See! Happiness is Temporary but Joy is EVERLASTING!

June 11, 2009 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  12. JODY EUBANKS

THIS JUST GOES TO PROVE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A CHILD IS FORCED TO BE AN ADULT TOO SOON. I THINK THAT THE FACT THAT HE IS QUESTIONING THESE THINGS SHOWS THAT HE KNOWS THAT SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT AND WANTS TO MAKE IT RIGHT. INSTEAD OF PERSECUTING HIM, WE SHOULD PUT OURSELVES IN HIS SHOES. YOU CAN SAY BOO HOO ALL YOU WANT TO BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT YOU THINK HE SHOULD HAVE TO WALK IN YOUR SHOES. WELL TRY WALKING IN HIS INSTEAD BECAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY LIFE HE KNOWS, JUST LIKE OURS ARE THE ONLY LIFE WE KNOW. AND WE ALL KNOW THAT NO ONE HAS THE PERFECT LIFE. UNTIL YOU HAVE LIVED LIKE HE HAS SINCE HE WAS A YOUNG CHILD, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE HIM, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE SIMPLY JEALOUS BECAUSE HE LIVES A LIFE THAT YOU COVET. INSTEAD OF JUDGING HIM, TRY LOOKING AT YOUR OWN LIFE AND QUESTION WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT AND TRY TO FIX IT. TAKE IT FROM ME. I LIVE FROM PAY CHECK TO PAY CHECK. BUT I HAVE A FULL AND HAPPY LIFE. COULD IT BE BETTER? MY GOD YES. BUT, COULD IT BE WORSE? I SHUDDER TO THINK HOW MUCH WORSE IT COULD BE. SO. JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED ALSO.

June 11, 2009 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  13. TJ

Oh. So just because the guy has money means he has no problems at all. I'm sorry. I must have forgotten that having lots of money means you're happy all the time. And for you Dewey, if you're having trouble affording dinner, then perhaps you should look at prioritizing and losing the internet. That should buy you enough Ramen noodles for the month. Most of you are all so shallow. How many times have you heard, money can't buy you true happiness. But I guess thats all wrong. I suppose since you have money you're not allowed to be heartbroken either. I agree, it sounds like he could use some help. Sounds like to me he was doing an interview and kinda flew off the handle a bit. Cut the guy a break.

June 11, 2009 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. Kristy

When one is blessed with huge sums of money, one should share his/her fortune with others – not just donate it, but really get involved. Shia, help those who have less (or nothing.) You'll experience gnosis – truly understand what Jesus was trying to convey during his brief stay on Earth. You'll help someone who needs it, and it will take your mind off your ex. Finally, it will lead you to something greater. God bless him. May he find his way.

June 11, 2009 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  15. Butter

Why is it that so many people from Disney seem to go on from there and lead such unfulfilling and depressing lives. We got Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, and now Shia Lebeouf. Maybe we should stop letting our kids watch these shows because clearly there is something wrong with there industry. All I can say is good luck to him.

I leave with this question. How can the happiest place on Earth leave so many of its people with such depression, sorrow, and cynicism?

June 11, 2009 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  16. xpez

If you haven't struggled as an artist to survive or won the admiration and respect of your peers through hard work, then these questions ultimately reveal why Shia is questioning his success and why he must value it.

June 11, 2009 at 5:15 am | Report abuse |
  17. MS

somehow i think quotes from this interview is going to haunt him for the rest of his career......

June 11, 2009 at 5:02 am | Report abuse |
  18. MLW

What a joke! Go whine about something that matters! There are plenty of people out there that work 10 times harder for next to nothing. You spoiled brat! BOO HOO!

June 11, 2009 at 3:57 am | Report abuse |
  19. Shia's Nuts

we can't take how this kid can be a total doucher sometimes

June 11, 2009 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  20. Keya

He young kid lost forced to grow up in the lime light. He picks ups his habits and knowledge from his surrounding. He needs therapy..someone to talk to and help him deal with what was thrust upon him.

June 11, 2009 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
  21. Josh

Wow, half of the people on this board are jerks.
    I know you all want to idolize every movie star you see, and you probably talk to your TVs thinking they hear you, but this is not a character, this is a real person.
    He's not asking you to hug and tell him everything's gonna be OK. He's being introspective, which is a lot more than can be said for those of you that say "I'm gonna kick your ass." Are you really that stupid? You're probably just angry because his character got the girl in the movie-but hey, it wasn't him. Wake up.

June 11, 2009 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  22. Optimus Prime

Dude!!!! Grow a Pair!!!!

Send him to Rwanda for a week, he'll have a better outlook in life then.

June 11, 2009 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  23. ashley marie

He was making a statement about an industry that none of you people commenting (including myself) have nothing to do with. When you go into his type of business, then you can judge his opinions on the matter.

June 11, 2009 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  24. axesdontcare

I know that character. 'To be or not to be, that is the question." To bad most all the main characters die before the end. Art is life, life is art. No one's ever going to understand. Understanding is an unlikely event and its lack is probably why Vincent shot himself in the gut. I think a lot of creative people get caught trying to make sense of the world and can't because it's really alien to their senses.

Then again, he might be trying to play a sympathy card to get back with ole girl. Who knows.

June 11, 2009 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  25. Dave

well said...VERY WELL SAID!!

June 10, 2009 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Tom

Indeed, it's amusing to find that many people are just as guilty of "self-importance" as the actors they accuse of being so. So, apparently having a mortgage makes you "more real" than Shia LaBeouf. Not having a job makes you "more real" than Shia LaBeouf. As much as people accuse 'stars' of looking down their noses at 'regular people,' these regular people are more than willing to be self-righteous and discard his humanity, an actor doing what he does to make a living. And yes, his comments do reveal a bit of insight that many actors may never gain. So good for him, and I hope he finds his way, just as I hope everyone finds their own.

June 10, 2009 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Razo69

Its easy to throw rocks at the guy for telling the public how he feels. I dont think he's asking for sympathy, but telling us that fame and fortune isnt all that's cracked up to be. They're just regular people with regular problems like us – except more money – which again money becomes the root of all evil....a lot of wealthy people out there become secluded or end up among people like them because a lot of "regular" people become untrustworthy or end up using them – its human nature. Its psychological.

June 10, 2009 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  28. ss

So someone stopped liking Shia after he made anti gay comments. Too bad. I've got news for you. Plenty of people feel the same. Not in hollywood though. Who could tell the truth. They would never get a job again. Looks like he was right on. If not llistening to someone that believes in the natural order of things helps you cope, then maybe he's not the one that needs counseling. Get it together Shia. It's refreshing to hear someone who is not afraid to believe in what they feel is right.

June 10, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  29. J. J.

Shia, you would be wise to do some real self-inquiry. Your ego is making you into the bigger victim, bigger than the lack of depth you are attempting to point out. Take some responsibility for your own predicament. Wake up.

June 10, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  30. sharon

I have kids that are the same age. I can't tell how wonderful it is to see someone in his position grow up and find himself. It is after all how God created us. We grow through life experiences. I think most of us realize we don't think or act the same as we did in our twenties. (Thank God) . I agree that anyone can be a star now days. It's discusting. More discusting is the people who actually think they are better than the rest of us, I look forward to the day he comes full circle and becomes the person God created. He needs to remember alcoholism is a decision not a disease. The Devil is a liar making us think alcohol will solve problems. It is afterall how he controls the world through addiction. Keep thinking through life Shia. You may help another one day.

June 10, 2009 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Suzanne

Okay–Shia LaBoeuf needs to take a break from performance of any kind until he realizes and completely embraces the idea that he's one of the luckiest people in the world. The difference between his dad selling the hot dogs and Steven Spielberg selling the hot dogs is that, with Spielberg, Shial LaBoeuf (1) has the option to NOT do the performing and (2) if he does CHOOSE to perform he gets ROYALLY paid for it.

He's a self-obsessed mess. I hope he finds some mature friends (i.e., grounded parental figures) to latch on to and get some perspective.

June 10, 2009 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  32. L

In an excerpt I read elsewhere he said something about there being a God sized hole in his life. How ironic. It sounds like he is grappling with some things that lots of people grapple with, he just happens to be famous while doing so. Hope he finds that only God can fill that God sized hole.

June 10, 2009 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  33. someone

Why is he an alcoholic? Perhaps its from when his mother would walk around NAKED when he had friends over when he was a teen and she also had her friends over naked? Maybe its because he thinks his mother is the most beautiful woman ever?

He has a twisted view of his mother, almost sexual, and maybe, just maybe that is why he is the way he is.

Google him for the interview about his mother. Makes me shudder.

June 10, 2009 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  34. (Real Talk)

aye...well..a mans soul can hurt whether he has millions or just dimes...the soul hurts just the same...and thats the worst pain...

June 10, 2009 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Sarah

Wow. It's sad that people think that just because someone makes more money than others they aren't allowed to be sad or angry or confused. And he earns his money because he went into that proffession & that's what it pays. Get over it, envy is ugly. And I love how people act like he just stopped someone on the street to talk about his issues. Hello?! It was an interview-that's where someone asks someone else questions & the other person answers...so yeah, he's talking about his life, can't talk about anyone elses but his. I appreciate his honesty. And as for the chick who seems to hate movies and everything to do with them, they're just movies. People should be allowed to go see a movie if they want to. You're the one making them a big deal. Besides, regular joe's cheat, drive drunk, whine and employ hookers...not just those in the movie business. He's just a dude trying to exist. I only felt compelled to write once I saw how ridiculously bitter and mean other people got over something that really doesn't matter.

June 10, 2009 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Mark

All you pips just think money is the source of all happiness e! there are some people who dont want to be where they are right now! Its hard but they need to live with it! take for example, Prince William and his brother, you think they are happy having millions of dollars at their disposal? to be the next king of england? I dont think so! If they will be given a chance i guess they still want to become normal person, I bet that is also what shia wanted. He just picked the wrong life and career. Its not money that makes a person happy! It can also lead you to your tombs, I mean c'mon, All of you are talkin like life in the US is hard! try living here in the philippines and you will definetly know what hard means! your still lucky you are getting help from your government. But unlike y'all we dont see problems as problems but we see it as a – that needs to become a +! get it! give shia a break! he's a good man and i think more intelligent than the other persons cursin in this article!

June 10, 2009 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  37. SHIA FAN

At least he is being REAL instead of some of the fake people out there…

June 10, 2009 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Ken

Shia,
    Meet Joaquin. He's confused too.

June 10, 2009 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Eric

Either God or satan will have him soon. He will either see the light OR fall prey to one of many of satan's traps. He is ripe for the great revelation of God, or if he looks the other way, the sticky and dark temptations from the devil. Pray for the young man, that he seeks God.
    ....may we all, seek God.

June 10, 2009 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  40. coolz

D-bag.

Oh, and thanks for ruining every movie you're in. Way to go.

June 10, 2009 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Shawn

Why do people that aren't famous think that people that are famous are never allowed to complain? That's just ignorance of human nature. Pain is relative. Personally I find his comments much more interesting than what most actors have to say. And it certainly doesn't sound like whining. If you read it, it's quite the opposite, in fact.

June 10, 2009 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Ambee

He's going through things that a lot of 20-somethings go through. I think just most guys in his industry talk about it. I'm a 20-something and I feel for him. It scares me how jaded some of the comments are... just because he's doing well economically doesn't mean everything else is all right. I hope he finds someone to turn to, like I hope some of my friends with similar problems do.

June 10, 2009 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Camilo

Even people that have it all need JESUS.

June 10, 2009 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Debrown

sounds like he's being more honest than most people. more honest than lots of you.

June 10, 2009 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Liz

And he has no ideal why the "love of his life" broke up with him – apparently she saw what kind of man he is

June 10, 2009 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  46. frank

Shia LaDouchebag

June 10, 2009 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Maria

Sounds like he gets it.

June 10, 2009 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Zach

I like Shia. My guess is he's going through his quarter life crisis – as someone of similar age, I can relate.

June 10, 2009 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Ellen

Gosh I SO don't care.

June 10, 2009 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Tim Nashville

Grow the F&%K UP!!!!!! I hate to hear his Girlfriend broke it off, but life goes on. He needs to get his head out of his up know where because it can all be gone in a minute. He is at the top of his career, a lot richer than I am I know for sure. Hearing celeberties cry about, "I am so famous, or I have lots of money and cannot be happy" Send a day in my life Pal you will changer your turn. Get help and start enjoying life it can all be taken away in a moment.

June 10, 2009 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Canis

The informtion cut from the interview and displayed here is a little incendiary I think... The interview that was linked is a bit more even handed, with a little more explanation for the statements quoted here. Give it a read. He seems like a pretty bright guy, just having a rough time of it, like everyone growing up. He's not crying... He's answering the questions asked of him. Some of you people need to stop getting so upset, and crying foul when someone famous has a problem... They're human beings too, and a little money does not make EVERYTHING right. Hell, a LOT of money doesn't make everything right.

June 10, 2009 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  52. tricia

LOVE him. I wish all actors could be so honest. This kid is a genious.

June 10, 2009 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  53. RemannD

It's funny, because if this isn't a publicity stunt, it might actually mean that money can't buy happiness! Go figure. I know that if I had the money he has, without having the loving family I have or the other things that make my life so complete, I'd have nothing. I respect that he's actually got feelings and admits to them. A person needs more in life than a price tacked onto their name.

June 10, 2009 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Hilsto

How can you say a guy who grew up trying to sell hotdogs with his dad for a living is an out of touch rich kid? He obviously has experienced both worlds and in conclusion has found them both an unfullfilling sham. Obviously one supports you financially than the other, but come on! In context he is exactly right. He probably had to go through 40 interviews that day leading up to the movie premier and finally stopped giving the canned answers to all those stupid questions (what is is like breaking up with your gf? Why did you get arrested for drinking? etc - stupid questions!) and gave honest ones for once. If all of you negative people hate celebs so much why did you click on this story? Go help an old lady cross the street or something.

June 10, 2009 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Adam

Whoops, the Hollywood Star-Making Machine must have broke down when they built this one. I don't know whether to laugh because he just alienated half of his employers or laugh because he just broke the cardinal rule of actors without any talent. But ain't the truth great in the perception industry! Spin press agent spin!

June 10, 2009 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Brad

I have much more respect for him now. You can have all the money in the world and never have to worry about health insurance, paying your bills, etc. and still not be happy. It's not all about money! People that have problems, whether it be money or joblessness, think that if they can solve their particular problem, then life would be perfect. It's never the case though! So yes, he is rich and famous, but obviously he isn't satisfied with himself as a person (aside from his career success). No money can buy the fix for that problem.

June 10, 2009 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  57. SamNM

oh yes, let's castigate the person who is being brutally honest. I swear, America no longer has a heart.

June 10, 2009 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  58. greg

Hopefully he doesn't do the whole Robert Downey Jr. thing

June 10, 2009 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  59. joeyclams

Hey, at least he's got brains enough to question things, unlike most of the dolts out there. Don't worry, Shia, the pain will mellow with age...

June 10, 2009 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  60. uwanna know

who care about what he's saying? U DO CAUSE UR READING THE ARTICLE . JUST BECAUSE UR RICH DOESNT MEAN UR GONNA BE HAPPY AND IF UR POOR DOESNT MEAN UR GONNA BE UNHAPPY. HATERS.

June 10, 2009 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  61. M.R. in L.A.

"I don’t know what I’m doing."

You didn't really need to say this out loud Shia. Every one of your performances screams this fact. Take off the clown costume and get a job as a receptionist in Des Moins...no one I know would miss you.

June 10, 2009 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Bethany Price

I'm a pretty happy, well-adjusted 40-something mother of 3. But there were plenty of times in my young 20s when I questioned a lot of things and when I was very unhappy and cynical about life. Not surprisingly, alot of those times were when I was in the aftermath of an unwanted breakup. Shia is still finding himself as an artist and as a human being. I applaud him for not being a bubble gum, sound-bite friendly automaton like so many of our young performers. He is honest about the questions he has, and at least he has the intelligence and humanity to be asking those questions. Millions of dollars and a career that gives you national and international prominence don't add up to a guarantee of happiness or satisfaction, any more than poverty is a guarantee of misery.

June 10, 2009 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Scott P.

"Acting is instinctual. The good actors are all screwed up. They’re all in pain."

What a crock, perpetuated by all the "method acting" garbage that dominates American screen acting. Give me Dame Judi Dench on the topic:
    "I was in New York with Maggie Smith recently, promoting a film, and we were asked about the Sanford Meisner Method school of acting which is based on ruthless self-exploration.
    "Maggie, in her unique way, said, 'Oh, we have that in England, too. We call it w**king."

June 10, 2009 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  64. The Dude

Someone needs to bring it in for a hug.

June 10, 2009 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  65. mianbe

i'm dismayed at the number of people denoucing this young man's emotional distress. Sure he doesn't have to worry about his basic needs since when have basic needs been the standard of happiness. Money doesn't by self esteem, love, intimacy, family, respect, a sense of purpose – financial security doesn't buy any of that. I hope Shia finds the inner peace and sense of self he seems to be missing!

June 10, 2009 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Brian

He makes valid points. But due to his financial status and celebrity its impossible to feel truly sorry for him. Yes more money makes more problems (RIP Notorious BIG) but in his position good therapy is only a phone call away.

June 10, 2009 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Jason Pearson

Stopped listening to and caring about this loser when he made anti gay statements. get a life and grow up.

June 10, 2009 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Sammie

"He is a liberal….that’s how they are…. oh, poor me"

I'm pretty sure struggling in life...or even feeling like you're struggling in life has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative.

June 10, 2009 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  69. ChrisK

"I don’t know what an actor does. I have no credentials. I don’t know what I’m doing. To my mind, talent doesn’t really exist." Ahh, explains a lot. No wonder he's one of the worst actors in history ... and I use the term 'actor' very loosely, because he's right: he doesn't know what an actor is, does, or what he is doing, and can't wrap his little mind around the concept of talent.

June 10, 2009 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Jon R.

Hes a person just like everyone else and everyone has problems. No need to beat him up just because he's famous. Maybe he does need therapy but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Soundls like alot of the hatred for him is sheer jealosy.

June 10, 2009 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Collin

I have always liked the guy, he is a pretty good actor but people seem to pile on him for some reason and maybe that and this break up is whats got him acting weird. Anyway, I'm sure he will be fine and I hope he does cheer up.

June 10, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  72. RP

....as he drives away from the interview in his Mercedez to lunch at Chinois on Main to then go home ot his house on the beach in Malibu to make sure he has enough time for his massage and pedicure before a cocktail at the Ritz Carlton.....on and on.....to repeat the next day.

June 10, 2009 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Sammie

Just because someone acts and has lots of money doesnt' mean they don't have issues. We're all human, able to afford healthcare or not. I'm not saying my heart bleeds for him, he's the one who was driving drunk. But the only reason he did that and the only reason he's telling a magazine about his woes is because he's trying to sort things out, like he says, and he doesn't know how or who to talk to. HE'S YOUNG! imagine that, being young and confused & making mistakes JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! HOW ABOUT THAT!

June 10, 2009 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  74. C.J.

Oh, Shia... how I loathe you so, so much.

June 10, 2009 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Merlyn

He is a liberal....that's how they are.... oh, poor me....he's just like the rest of "stars" that want to fix the world.....I tell you what why don't you buy insurance or houses for the poor people.

June 10, 2009 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  76. NOLA Lady

Well, we certainly cannot accuse this young man of being fake. Sounds like growing pains, definitely. That first heartbreak can really knock you goofy. It gets better! You have a lot of good things going for you. You know you have a drinking problem, solve it. Wow, admitting it is most of the fight. Work hard on your issues and if you find this business is poisoning you, go back to school and get a normal 9-5 job .... at least you can be yourself all the time and not get confused who you are.

June 10, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Derek

Obviously he needs help just like anyone else being exploited by an industry making billions. I thought that is what the SAG was suppose to do? take care of it's own?

I would think the amount of suicides, drunken driving incidents, drug abuse, cult memberships and poor relationship choices would be an indication there is something obviously very wrong with the acting industry. Apparently though, judging by some comments, if you make lots of money somehow you have to be immune to stress unlike the "common people."

Seriously, how hard is this to put together? Child actors are obviously suffering trama that follows them through out their life. Isn't that a sign of exploitation? Do I need to list all the child actors that have gone through this?

June 10, 2009 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Gary

Cheer up Skippy.Stop being a drunk.Could be worse.You could be in Jersey !

June 10, 2009 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  79. shdrew

I love Shia LaBeouf but after reading the full Parade article, I'd say that kid definitely needs some therapy ASAP. He's clearly in a lot of pain and it sounds like he's been doing a lot of self-medicating.

June 10, 2009 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  80. RLJR

he's a young man who's been in showbiz since he was kid/teenager. he's in his 20's, and now that he's become alot more famous whats wrong with him questioning things. i know we all have these moments, article even mentioned he just recently broke up with his gf so it seems to me like he was just interviewed at the wrong time. i think he's a good actor and no ones gonna really care about this issue.

June 10, 2009 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Pedrothedog

so this guy gets to make out with megan Fox and he is upset??? he should have a permanent smile on his face!

June 10, 2009 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  82. The Truth

“Actors live dependent on being validated by other people’s opinions,”

Does anyone want to tell him thats what life is? You get hired, promoted, fired, befriended, defriended, married, divorced, etc, etc based on people's opinions of you. Quit crying and act like an adult, and stop this me generation crap. If you want to succeed in life you need to impress other people not yourself.

June 10, 2009 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Ron

Actors do make a lot of money for what they do. They get to do a scene over and over and over again if necessary, until it comes across well on the silver screen. Then they are called great actors.
    I don't get any such chance to do things over in my work. The first time better be good or people may die. That's pressure. These people get all the proper make-up and lighting to make them look super. When you see them out and about , just going to the store, etc, they look bad and almost unrecognizable. And their personal relationships and overall lives are pretty messed up. Who cares what his problems are?

June 10, 2009 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Myeshia

I like him. He's young and he's questioning what's going on around him. He lives in a world us non-actors couldn't possibly understand. But what he's doing is very common for folks their age. You should be asking questions and hopefully developing answers that will take you to a new and positive level. He's just needs to be careful about the drinking. Just as people post hate messages or messages of support about Shia and various actors and actresses, Shia gives interviews and speaks his mind about what's happening around him. Dewey and Mr. H, people have a right to their own opinions no matter what their class status is.

June 10, 2009 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  85. george

Anyone who has seen a movie with him in it knows he can't act. At least he is not in denial about his lack of ability or talent. But, since he's a pretty white boy, he gets paid millions to look stupid on screen.

I've seen better acting in an episode of Walker: Texas Ranger.

June 10, 2009 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  86. PK

Youch! Those words are gonna come back to bite. He's still got to work with other actors in the future, if he keeps pursuing acting gigs.

June 10, 2009 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Matt2

Sounds like he didn't spend enough time at Camp Greenlake.

June 10, 2009 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  88. CR

The Kid speaks the Truth...

June 10, 2009 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  89. TT

He makes money now, but anyone that has an inkling as to his earlier days wouldn't dismiss any troubles he;s had. It's not like he hasn't worked for his career or anything.

He's also a kid, stop with the jealous backlash.

June 10, 2009 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  90. jg

Cry, Cry and more crying. Try 8 to 5 for less than it takes to live. He makes millions and can do what ever he wants but he wants to cry about loosing a girl. you got enough money go by another one... Get over yourself and seek help and work on being appreciative of what you have and sober up.

June 10, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Dave

I really am annoyed at these "actors" who get up on a soap box and discuss their ill conceived opinions which the underling dolts of the world listen to... and take as gospel. The fact that this jackass expects people to feel sorry for his plight in life is sad. Shia… I hope you enjoy the next few movies you make because in my opinion you do not have staying power in the industry… Like Paris Hilton.. you will fade away into the dark… Hopefully faster than most!

I never thought I would put Paris in a positive lite but now I think she moved up a notch and Shia has been crowned the new Hollywood Jackass.

June 10, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Biggy Johnson

What is up with that spoiled loser? He's got everything in the world going for him and he sounds like a whiny crybaby.

June 10, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Joel

He still gets to make out with Megan Fox

June 10, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Jessica

This really makes me respect him. Having lived in LA for 7 years myself, I'd say his description of Hollywood really isn't that far off. He seems like one of the few that are actually aware of what is going on around them.

June 10, 2009 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Shia

what a baby.... is he seriouse? he needs to stop bitchin

June 10, 2009 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Jon

he needs a muzzle not to ruin his "golden boy" image. His PR needs to get to work

June 10, 2009 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  97. AndrewDoD

That's very concieted Dewey. Really, everyone has their problems. No one person's problems are worse than another's, and that's where I believe Shia was going with this. Everyone thinks their problems are the worst, and that everybody else's is significant. However, we own have our own obstacles.

June 10, 2009 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Christine

Wow, I think he does need some help, he is heartbroken.
    I think we forget that actors are people too.
    Money does not buy happiness.

I hope he gets better soon!

June 10, 2009 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  99. HP

You can have all the fame, talent and money possible but still be unhappy. He needs to seek therapy before he becomes the next accidental overdose in Hollywood.

June 10, 2009 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Mi13

Your an alcoholic because you can't stop drinking, even when you want to.

June 10, 2009 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Voig Nederlander

It's nice how so many people can dismiss a person's legitimate pain like this. Just having money doesn't mean everything is okay, folks.

Dewey, Mr. H., you're just mean.

June 10, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  102. MISHELL

WELL THE GUY IS STRESSED OUT AND HOLLYWOOD CAN DO THAT TO YOU. HE IS YOUNG HE WILL FIGURE IT OUT AND HE IS ENTITLED TO HIS OPINION OF THINGS FREEDOM OF SPEACH HE THINKS WHAT HE THINKS AND PEOPLE SHOULD NOT JUDGE HIM BECAUSE OF WHAT HE THINKS IT IS HIS MIND AND ONLY HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS GOING THROUGH PEOPLE PEOPLE LET HIM SAY WHAT IS ON HIS MIND ... AND GET OVER IT AND YOURSELFS.

June 10, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Brian P

Finally, some truth from one of your beloved prophets. I'll bet most of you hate this guy in the same way practically all of America hates someone of privilege. "There" you point your finger and comfort yourselves, "...at least I'm not like that person." Meanwhile, your kids develop the very self-indulgent behavior patterns this actor now professes to be his frustration. Hypocritical is a not a strong enough word these days.

June 10, 2009 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  104. bumble

I would love to have him weep in my bosoms.
    Oh, and he's a great actor...to keep things relevent, haha.

June 10, 2009 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Dan

Jeez, it sounds like he's turning 40.

June 10, 2009 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Frances

Accurate assessment of many actors.
    (Notice I did NOT say ALL actors)

June 10, 2009 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Roger

Shia's words are rather insightful for someone his age. He seems to have already determined how the vile, disgusting machine that is Hollywood works.

June 10, 2009 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  108. David in KC

Shia is a great actor and is just experiencing growing pains like all of us at that age.

June 10, 2009 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Jon

How does Shia LeBeouf know what's going on in the head of a good actor?

June 10, 2009 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Bug

He needs a transformed life – with hope – Jesus Christ!!

June 10, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Steve

He's now available and after this movie premiers you will be saying China "WHO"!? Forget the little things and look at the big things that can be done with your ability to play the GAME, Indiana said so remember! P.S. Don’t mix the pills and the drink, don’t need another bad *** actor loss due to mixing of things because of some negative female influence.

June 10, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  112. brad

La Beef better had watch what he calls da Spegelberg-mesiter iffin he wanna jobby job.

June 10, 2009 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Megan Fox is hot

He might be right, but no way he's getting any sympathy. Take your millions, buy the best therapist money can by, and tap Megan Fox. Problem solved!

June 10, 2009 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Mike Nichols

he's pretty much got it right as far as acting as a profession is concerned. up until the 30's actors, or acting was at the bottom of the social ladder so to speak. raising the status of actors to that of pseudo royalty is something new for our society. sad really when you come to think of how so many other professions with people who are skilled, craftsmen/women, educators, et al, that contribute so much more to society yet for some strange reason these people who make millions standing in front of a camera and basically talking and looking nice, get the big kudos from our society. most have over blown egos to compensate for their minimal skills, seriously what would michael douglas for example do if he couldn't act? or jack nicholson? politics, pizza parlor maybe a job at the dmv? shia is a kid but at least he understands that acting isn't as important as too many in society see it to be now.

June 10, 2009 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  115. rm

Sorry for your troubles. But, there are others out there worse off than you are, consider yourself lucky because you have the ability to do something with your life if you choose to (like turning the negatives into positives), others are not so fortunate they have to be concerned with where their next meal is coming from due to financial crisis or if they are going to wake up in the morning because of a devastating illness. Figure out who you are and put it to good use and then maybe you will begin to understand "what its all about".

June 10, 2009 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Joeythes

Sounds to me like he's got Hollywood figured out, actually

June 10, 2009 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  117. SHIAFAN

SHIA,
    Enjoy your talent for excellent acting and know that many of us appreciate your acting skills.
    Please get help for your problems, and you will find answers to your questions.
    Keep up the faith.

June 10, 2009 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Admin

I enjoy watching his movies, but come on.... OHH whoa is me Life is hard. Grow up little boy. You are one of the few people in Hollywood who can headline a movie that makes a profit. You make more money doing one movie than most people make in 5 years of work. You lost your girl, SUCK IT UP there are more. You drink to much...cut back. Stop being a complainer, SO many more people have worse problems, real problems, they cant pay their mortgage but you make millions, their families are falling apart because of the money issue, and your little girlfriend left you STFU.

June 10, 2009 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  119. jb

Its the human predicament. We all have a problem. Yet we all tend to assume the problem is from without and somehow we try to fix it from within. The reality is the problem is within and the solution must come from without.

June 10, 2009 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Karen

Like Megan Fox said, anyone can be famous.
    Megan and Shia are refreshing.
    Shia is being realistic. Although, I'm sure the money will make things better down the road.

June 10, 2009 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Alex

Oh, you poor kid. Is that the card you want to play? Let everyone feel sorry for the rich, spoiled alcoholic whiny actor kid? I thought you were about the acting, man? I had respect for you until this article.

Also, do you know how it feels to really struggle? Coming up short here and there but still needing to give your family everything they need. Go get a life!

June 10, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Donnie

i would say I feel sorry for him, but instead I will say I will retain my hard earned money for some deserving entertainment that he is not a part of. Dance Monkey Dance. I liked him for a minute, and was excited about the new transformers, now I think I will pass. Maybe he will be like most of all the other child stars, it is time for rehab.. Have a drink and blow your money, and then cry the blues.

June 10, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Me

I think he's crying out for help! And he's hurting ...

June 10, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Einstein

He sounds like a genius! But really, he is just a young man trying to find himself, full of angst, with a broken heart. Give him a break. But he really needs to address the drinking problem before it gets out of control. From my experience, lots of time, lots of money, and a substance abuse problem is a deadly combination.

June 10, 2009 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Justin

At least he isn't bull-sh***ing around about it, or making any "fluffy" talk.

June 10, 2009 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Tex

I personally like the guy. It's evident his abilities are natural to him, yet he also knows everything around him is a fake show, of well he said it best, bottom feeders.
    I'm a 28y/o male, who has struggled with love and alcoholism. Hell, I'm still struggling. Who doesn't in thier 20's...

He seems perfectly normal to me, and I really appreciate his candor when talking about his personal life publicly. He simply doesn't give a sh*t what me, you, or anyone else thinks of him, and for that he deserves respect.

June 10, 2009 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  127. JA

Is this guy for real? Get over it. What a loser. Just cash your inflated paychecks and quit your whining.

June 10, 2009 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Papo

Wow, he sucks. Scrappy kid trying to "act" a tough guy. Give it a rest.

June 10, 2009 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Shane

Dewey, if I were you, I would pay more attention in English class. You just allegedly read the article and yet you cannot spell the man's name??? Actors's careers ebb and flow and we see many chewed up and spit out so your cavalier attitude is pretty cruel. Being famous just means you have alligator bags to carry the same baggage you have always had, its not a fix all. I give him credit, esp such a young man, to question and be willing to look inside himself. At least he is striving to be a better person. You can't even pay attention to your spelling.

June 10, 2009 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  130. tam

everyone has their own dilemmas, with money or with out it everyone has issues in their lives, I think he needs help he sounds like he's not too happy with his life, and maybe the break up isn't making things any better. and anyone can relate to that... its tough. I hope he doesnt stumble, he's a pretty good actor, and transformers is a sick movie. so quit hatting!!!!!!

June 10, 2009 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Lisa

Get help before it is too late!

June 10, 2009 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Meri C.

Everything he says is true.. Why we make actors out to be these really talented people is beyond me. Very few (big name) actors go to school for the profession, they were just given a door and they decided to walk through it, you would to if the right door opened – and I bet you don't have acting abilities equivalent to Jimmy Stewart, more like Johnny Knoxville. So he's right on that. I think that he is very heartbroken over his break up and its refreshing to see a guy, any guy so open about losing someone so special to him. I've read a few articles on him and he did not have an easy childhood – but I think he's making the most of it and not getting sucked into the "movie star persona that makes actors forget who they are and how they pulled themselves up by the bootstraps.

June 10, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  133. citizenUSA

I'd like to have a good talk with him... after I kick his A**!

June 10, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Me

Such a crybaby! Grow up!

June 10, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Cal

I can understnad that people have problems, what I can't stand however is when they blame them on the world like it's conspiring against them.

June 10, 2009 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  136. youser

sounds like someone is finally growing up

June 10, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Jesse

poor baby–breaking up is hard to do-must be going through alot of pain right now–but one does get over it-i on the other hand will not leave you if you want to get together

June 10, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  138. mj

oh boo hoo...

Another self-absorbed 20-something with delusions of importance. I'd bet my weeks salary that in 10 years no one will even remember his name. The planet is in the crapper from global warming, failed economy, junky outsourced products and corporate greed and this guy is publicly contemplating the fuzz in his navel. Who cares?

Take a look in the mirror Shia. You just aren't that interesting no matter what your posse tells you.

June 10, 2009 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Mike

I like this kid, but theres something about him u just look at him and go. "what"?
    he comes across a bit off the wall, but im sure he's not. Just needs to find better movies to be in. think back when u were his age, did u know everything? was life easy? i think he;s still trying to figure it out

June 10, 2009 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  140. TKO

I <3 Shia LaBeouf!!!

June 10, 2009 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Anna

It is true though. We sit around watching shows and moveis about stuff that' s all made up, it's not real. Actors are just poeple pretending to be someone else. They just memorize lines and perform them in studios/locations. We waste so much time & money on watching them, making these people millions of money. So many actors are screwed up, drunk-driving, prostitutes, anti-semitism, scientology, pregnant mistresses, sextapes, drugs....the list goes on, and we support them by buying a movie ticket, or wathcing a TV show...wasting our time on a fantasy world. I think he is being very honest, calling it like it is. Good job Shia!! Now get a real job. ha ha

June 10, 2009 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  142. eeee

He will forever be Louis Stevens....How can Even Stevens be so unhappy?

June 10, 2009 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Chris

I've always liked Shia. My kids watched him quite a bit on Disney, but I didn't have the slightest clue who he was until I saw him in the first Transformers movie and he cracked me up. Funny dude.

And now he's cynical about the world around him? Welcome to the club man, all the better!

June 10, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  144. the L

Honest and insightful. I think he deserves some credit as opposed to malice. He's possibly more intelligent and mature at his age than both Dewey and Mr. H combined it would seem. Why hate? Where is it getting you?

June 10, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Jango Davis

The kid hit the nail on the head. I give him kudos for see the entertainment industry for what it is, "...a profession of bottom-feeders and heartbroken people.” And he's definitely got it right, the only difference now is that Speilberg is selling the hot dogs...

He doesn't need therapy. WE need therapy for allowing this talented and intelligent human being waste his life as an actor.

June 10, 2009 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Jo

Should speak for himself, not others.

June 10, 2009 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Beth

It sounds like he needs to get out the business and find fulfillment in his life by some other means, maybe through education or philanthropy, but he's definitely going through one of those "What is the meaning of life?" phases most everyone goes through. He's just (un)fortunate enough to get to do it in the public eye.

June 10, 2009 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  148. jnywest

Oh, please, please, please lets this be Lebouf's swan song.
    Please, go away...lol

June 10, 2009 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Buck Rogers

The money, the fame, the women, it's all just too much to bear! You have no idea what it's like! All you common folk have to worry about is unemployment, mortgage payments, medical bills, and rising energy prices. That's nothing compared to the pressures of being young, rich, and having your pick or beautiful women.

Maybe he should quit acting and get a real job like the rest of us.

June 10, 2009 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Kyle

This only goes to show that money cannot buy happiness. If you think it can then i feel sorry for you.

June 10, 2009 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Tim

Oh boo hoo, give me a break. The kid makes millions of dollars and gets pampered every where he goes. I wish I got millions of dollars and didn't have to worry about paying the mortgage and worry about retirement. He doesn't know how great he has it. Maybe I'm the one who needs a drink Shia LaBeouf!

June 10, 2009 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Ron

Cry me a river. Sounds more like a publicity stunt. Boo hoo. Your life is so terrible, with your mansions and millions of dollars while unemployment in my county rises to 20%. Wah wah wah.

June 10, 2009 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  153. matt

I pretty much hate the guy as an actor, but I think I have respect for him as a person now.

June 10, 2009 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  154. JT

He sounds like a philosopher. Someone who thinks and questions what is around him. Philosophy can probably help him cope with unanswered questions.

June 10, 2009 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Dewey

oh me, oh my, poor sheeya, i'd hate to have all his problems. WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!
    i'll pay attention when he's crying about how he cant figure out how he's gonna afford dinner or healthcare for his family.

June 10, 2009 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  156. MR. H.

LOSER!!!!

June 10, 2009 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  157. LBW

That poor kid needs therapy.

June 10, 2009 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lee Smith

He needs acting lessons; years and years of them. Then, after careful consideration, someone needs to decide if he is good enough to do anything besides the Disney Channel again.

May 9, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |