June 10th, 2009

Jessica Alba: I'm sorry

Jessica Alba is apologizing after reports came out earlier this week that she'd plastered downtown Oklahoma City with posters decrying the diminished great white shark population.  Alba is there shooting the film "Killer Inside Me" along with Casey Affleck and Kate Hudson. Photos of the actress plastering city property and a United Way billboard surfaced on a blog and were "twittered."  The city subsequently filed a complaint with police after seeing the pictures.

Alba released this statement:

“I got involved in something I should have had no part of.  I realize that I should have used better judgment and I regret not thinking things through before I made a spontaneous and ill-advised decision to let myself get involved with the people behind this campaign.  I sincerely apologize to the citizens of Oklahoma City and to the United Way for my involvement in this incident.”

Filed under: Kate Hudson • Uncategorized

1. paul

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

August 19, 2009 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jon-Paul

There are some people who just go off – writing about issues they know little or nothing about. In my experience those who are given to such attacking by pen, normally are those who do not have restraint with their mouths either. I feel that there are some issues that need to be cleared up.

Mr. Quentin during my tenure in the military service of my nation, the United States of America, I was able to earn 2 undergraduate degrees (Bachelor's degrees...sorry) a Master's degree, and finally a Ph.D. Accordingly, I am a walking talking member of Phi Beta Kappa the international honor society as well as the Mensa Society.

There is something that has eluded you in your writing: the entire notion of choice. Sure she had a choice; moreover, by the looks of her statement it certainly does not appear to me as though it was written. By the way sir, just what is Nancy Pelosi doing for my country other than doing her best to create anarchy and spending the American tax payer money? We are all entitled to our opinions – so I espouse mine about a person I respect and admire. So what? What I say or write does not have to meet your expectations, any more than you, albeit disagree with me, take ill-mannered shots at me.

Furthermore in closing, I was one who went into battle for this nation – therefore you and everyone else simply do not have the entitlement to ask me to leave something I fought to sustain.

August 18, 2009 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. paul

at least she apologized didnt she?

August 18, 2009 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jon-Paul

What on earth is wrong with the admimistrator's of this Marquee Blog? I wrote a nice and professional post and was attacked mercilessly by "quentin."

Although the post was on topic - Jessica Alba's apology - if you read 'quinton's' post it goes straight after me. It's not on topic, yet it is very much an attack on my character.

Therefore, I wrote a 'milk-toast' version in response to his attack on me, and it doesn't get posted here? What's up with that?

Does 'quinton' work here at CNN? Is he a moderator? Administrator? Why would you let a person's comment that is so vile stand yet when the person written about responds, it gets the axe?

C'mon now...let's be fair and balanced; is that too much to ask?

June 13, 2009 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. quentin

Jessica Alba wasn't thinking, just like Jon-Paul for calling her "the best part of America." HA! Take some classes and learn a little, travel around your country, or join the military and serve the country that allows you the freedoms to be such an idiot, and then you can talk about America with more IQ than that of a plastic bag. She was not "ordered" to apologize, but in her line of work and with the kind of publicity she gets, she had no choice. I'm sure her publicists already had the apology waiting for her to read aloud. Nancy Pelosi is at least doing something for her country in more ways than just plastering pieces of paper around town, whether you like her or not. Jessica Alba just made a mistake – she's human – it's not even that big of a deal. I don't mind what she did because it shows what she may have believed in, which is her right; I just wish she'd have had that "integrity" (as Jon-Paul says) to take the personal responsibility instead of pointing the finger at someone else, assuming the public would think that was okay because of her status. I think the term is "scapegoating." Please exit America, Jon-Paul. You are the weakest link.

June 11, 2009 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jo

It has to get out somehow, and someone has to do it. God knows no one is listening. I commend her for it. Figures she's being raked over the coals.

June 11, 2009 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jon-Paul

Braaavvvooo! Bravooo! Bravooooo!

What is at issue here is that although she was not ordered too, Jessica Alba had the integrity and dignity to publically apologize and mean it.

Gee, Nancy Pelosi tears into the CIA yet when asked for an apology..
    Gee, Barack Obama smears the USA to the world yet when asked to apologize...

Jessica Alba is America - or at least - the best part of it.

June 11, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Nadilyn

At least some in Hollywood want to make a difference. Why not start in Oklahoma?

June 11, 2009 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. ann

Hey don't make fun of Oklahoma just because Alba is a dork. I know you were trying to be funny, but you probably haven't even been here so you can't exactly make an informed comment. For one thing, we have an aquarium whose main attraction is sharks. Just because our state is landlocked doesn't mean that people here don't take vacations.

June 10, 2009 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Alex

What a wuss – can't take responsibility for something she was a part of and, presumably, believed in. Instead, she blames others.

June 10, 2009 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. MO

In OKC...don't see what the big deal is. If the city hadn't found out it was someone famous responsible, there would have been no investigation to try to find out who was responsible. Here's an idea, DO SOMETHING ABOUT OUR CRAPPY ROADS, except they can't because even elected officials don't pay their taxes. HA!

June 10, 2009 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. AJ

Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes...

June 10, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. JAk

LOL! A save the Great White Shark campaign in Oklahoma? Have even 1/4 of the population there actually even seen the ocean, or JAWS for that matter? Ah, gotta love those Hollywood stars.

June 10, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. citizenUSA

You see, pretty girls can be pretty dumb.

June 10, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |