June 3rd, 2009

Jon Gosselin speaks out!

Jon Gosselin has had enough.  He is tired of all of the paparazzi surrounding his house; “I always think, Enough is enough already, and they should just move on to somebody else…” It has become so normal though that they have reached a kind of agreement of sorts, “They know the rules about not photographing on school grounds, so I’m gonna drop my kids off at school.”  Jon is speaking out for the first time in the new issue of People magazine about what his life has been life over the past few months and how he is coping with all of the controversy surrounding the new season of the family’s reality show.

While Jon is very outspoken about his dislike of the paparazzi and tabloids, he is more reticent to talk about his relationship with Kate.  Every time he is questioned about it in the article the newly media trained Jon gives the same answer; “It’s a private matter, and we’re discussing it privately.”  With cameras following him everywhere- not only outside of his house, but inside as well, one wonders if Jon really believes that anything can truly be private in his life anymore.

The only time you really feel that Jon brightens during the interview, which the interviewer notes as well, is when he speaks about the children.  He talks about each of them in detail, giving insight into their personalities, and a different side of Jon emerges- that of a loving, devoted father- not the lost man Kate claimed he was in her own People magazine cover article several weeks ago.

What do you think? Should Jon and Kate stay together? Should they stop putting their family through this traumatic time in front of the cameras?

We have all of the latest breaking details on this story including Jon’s response to accusations that he and Kate are exploiting their children on Showbiz Tonight at 11pm Eastern and Pacific on HLN- don't miss it!

« Previous entry
  1. Keith, Atlanta

All the @%$# going on in the world and you are torn up about a fertility clinic induced "family" getting a divorce? Who are you people and why don't you get a life of your own? I am more and more glad every day that I gave away my only television 5 years ago. Wow.

June 22, 2009 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. msou

I just read an article from another site that is the most well thought out, unbiased, humble essay by someone from their old neighborhood.
    It is titled,"Jon and Kate....Too Late?" by Walt Mueller, under the heading "Learning My Lines."
    It's worth reading by anyone who cares about the Gosselin children

June 4, 2009 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Anon

This entire thing has gotten out of hand. Both Jon and Kate are behaving selfishly- taking passive agressive swipes at one another. We are SO sick of this! There are much more significant global developments such as President Obama's visit to the Middle East, and the horrific Brazil crash. Those poor families!

Jon and Kate should prioritize, get over themselves and concentrate on their brood. Live happy lives! I really don't care to read/hear anymore about this couple's squabbles. They are both immature.

June 4, 2009 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. sue

Why is it anybody business what they do with their marriage. Please people, just let it go. It's life. And it non of anybody bussiness how much this family makes, To get CPS involved, for what? Are you kidding me. They are not abused kids, this type of intrusion on this family is wrong. There are real issue out in the world that needs immediate attention. It's only getting ugly because the folks with cameras is stalking this familing from sunrise to sun set. Put yourself in their shoes. I say we support this family with love and preyers. Not keeping the media fed everytime something happens. I say just leave this family alone. As for the women of that neigbors of theirs, your comments on Kate was only to attach her. I am sure you would love to have what she has. A great huband, great family of eight kids. So sad so sad, so sad.

June 4, 2009 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Erin

I agree, it's time to end the show. They claim the did this to document their children's lives. Do their children really what the trainwreck that has become their lives documented?

June 4, 2009 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. Kenyetta B.

I think the show only served one good purpose and that’s to financially (hopefully ) secure the financial stability of the children. I hope the parents are being responsible with the money from the show and are securing funds for their future. I think Lennette is right when she says Kate is enjoying the attention. In the season premier it was all about her and how she was doing EVERYTHING by herself. Like she's trying to make the world feel sorry for her. It was not stop I-this and I-that when they spoke of their marriage. It was never about “Us” or “We”. And they have to face facts that they're married to each other, not the children and not the show. I still hope they realize why they married each other and re-discover their marriage.

June 4, 2009 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  7. timmer

Hey JM, what are you talking about?
    It is a great opportunity alright....a great opportunity for 2 parents to try to salvage the childhoods of 8 innocent kids. This is not a lab experiment nor is it Days of Our Lives.....the show needs to go.
    By the way, I don’t think any of us can comment on whether or not the couple should split up–that is an overreach for all of us geniuses who post to these boards.....

June 4, 2009 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  8. cdunn

I think they need to end the show as well. I cant imagine trying to live a "normal" life under those circumstances. They had a good run with the show ,but now that the media has a "story", their lives are turned upside down. Fame and fortune can not be worth it. I would be broke and an unknown before I would put my life up for everyone to see. Not being able to make a single mistake without the whole world knowing would be hard. I wish them luck.

June 4, 2009 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  9. JM

The show is missing an opportunity to show the world how these two people could be served by counseling – combined with a gradual lessening of the show's intrusion in their lives. Make season 5 the one where we watch this couple come back together....

June 4, 2009 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  10. SUSAN

PAPARAZZI IS THE REASON FOR SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH FAMILYS AND COUPLES TODAY.. DANG THERE JUST TRYING TO SUPPORT THERE FAMILY. PEOPLE NEED TO MIND THERE OWN BUSINESS AND LET THEM WORK IT OUT ON THERE OWN.

June 4, 2009 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. kathy Parker

I think they need to end the show but it's going to take a very long time for the paparazzi to stop hunting them. The poor kids cause they are going to hunt them. I think they should move to
    Canada and get away from all the press

June 4, 2009 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  12. JRoss

I think that the only way they will work their marriage out is to end the show and get some counseling. It seems that they are both going in different directions and wanting different things at this point so if they really want to make it work (and only they know that) they are going to have to figure out what they really want and they are going to have to compromise. Staying on the air can't just be a matter of money, with her bestselling book(s) and the, what, 5 years(?) the show has been on, all in all I would think they should have enough money saved up to afford them a comfortable "rest of their lives" allowing them to do whatever they want in terms of careers/travel/family. If they choose to continue on their own paths, it is sad for the kids, but the fact is that sometimes people just grow apart.

June 3, 2009 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lennette

Jon made his life as well as his family's life public when he let cameras into his house, car, vacations, whatever. What did he expect to happen? His face sells tabloids now as well as the people around him. He made a deal with the dark side. His children will be hounded for years after all this is done. Who cares about Kate. She likes the attention and the fact that her kids have made her a very rich woman. Our society is sick.
    As long as that stupid show is on, they will have no privacy whatsoever. They are freaks now.

June 3, 2009 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |