May 20th, 2009

Top 2: Lionel Ritchie and Danny Gokey jam

Whenever I hear that Lionel Richie song "Hello," I can't help but remember the music video where he was stalking that blind girl.

Lionel Ritchie

Danny Gokey sings "Hello" before Lionel comes out to sing his new single, "Just Go," with Gokey, which I actually like. Lionel may want to consider kicking Akon to the curb and re-cutting that song with Gokey.

What I love about Lionel is he knows what the fans really want, and he and Danny launch into "All Night Long." That song will always be the jam, and Paula is up and dancing, of course.

Danny sounds really good, and his dancing has improved. Go-Go-Gokey!

Filed under: Paula Abdul • television

1. drinking hard water

I do not even know how I finished up right here, however I thought this post was great. I do not understand who you are however certainly you're going to a well-known blogger if you happen to aren't already. Cheers!

April 15, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Girlie :D

I love Gokey! I didn't vote for him during the competition (because I live outside the US).. I will definitely buy his CD when it hits the stores!! I can't wait.. and I love his and Lionel Richies rendition of Just Go. They sound so cute together! :D

I LOVE YOU DANNY GOKEY!!!!!!

May 29, 2009 at 4:47 am | Report abuse |
  3. Susan

Danny Gokey has star quality. Charisma, personality and A VOICE ! I predict a great career for him ... Kris who !?!

May 29, 2009 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. Andree

Another fabulous season. Enjoyed Danny the best and voted for him the most. Am pleased as punch that Kris is the Idol. I was not an avid fan of Adam – didn't like all the screaming in his songs. The whole team will go far in their singing careers. Bring on Season 9.

May 21, 2009 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Tammy

It made for great television – really they're both winners. Adam had 20 record companies waiting for him outside – and Kris' career will be wonderful. So it didn't matter at all.

May 21, 2009 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Danny Fan

Yes, many people have said terrible things about Danny and for no reason. None of these people actually know him but now the fans of Adam are attacking Kris the same way. Sad and I am sure Adam lost due to all the negative behavior of his fans. Danny, Kris and Adam are all talented in different ways. No reason to be ugly with any of these people who are just trying to live the dream. There is enough hate and ugly in the world.

May 21, 2009 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ciara

THat was the HOTTEST performance of the night! Danny and Lionel's voices truly meshed and complemented each other. Gorgeous! It was so fun to see Danny loosened up and looking SMOKING HOTTT – yum! yum!
    I also liked that the producers gave Danny more than 5 minutes, whereas the other duets were much shorter (except allison/lauper INTERMINABLE – UGH! big mistake)

Danny should have been the Idol this year, but he's gonna have a blazing hot career and I'll be the first in line to get his cd as soon as it's out cuz I'm wearing out all my Gokey itunes playing them over and over and over.

LOVE YOU DANNY GOKEY! You MADE the show last night! HOTTTT!
    p.s. you looked really really cute

May 21, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. M

That was Awesome. I liked those Salsa moves Danny! You just lit up the stage. I hope you and Lionel make a record together, you guy's were amazing. God Bless You Brother!

Your Sister in Christ

May 21, 2009 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  9. Reader715

An absolutely AMAZING performance! I hope Mr. Ritchie gives Danny a gig. That's the way Danny is intended to sing. WTG Danny!

May 21, 2009 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  10. Shelly

Danny will always be my American Idol. The way the judges fawned over Adam was just disgusting!

May 21, 2009 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  11. H

DANNY SHOULD OF WON. HE IS THE TRUE AMERICAN IDOL.

May 21, 2009 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  12. Lucy Johnson

I just can't wait for a CD release of Danny. Someone commented earlier that it shopuld have been Kris and Danny at the finals. And, yes, you guessed right, Danny would have won "hands down". Not to worry, Danny will go far. And yes Adam, does belong on "Broadway". His screaming gets on my nerves.

May 21, 2009 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  13. Billie

Kara said the same thing you said SMC, it will be the Danny fans that decide the winner. Out of all eight seasons, Danny was the only contestant that motivated me to pick up the phone and vote . He truly is an inspiration to all of us that are struggling through difficult times that with faith, hard work, and perisitance, we can rise above our circumstances. I can hardly wait to buy his CD...and Matts....and Adams....and Krises...and Allisons. There's room on my ipod for all of them! To Danny and all the top 10, good luck and God Bless.

May 21, 2009 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  14. Mike

Danny did a fantastic job. He should go on the road with Lionel!

May 21, 2009 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  15. SMC

OMG FL loves IDOL!! Umm....living under a rock?? Apparently a large number of nearly 100 million votes came from fans of Danny Gokey to make Kris the new Idol!!! DUH!! Perhaps YOU need to hide under your rock now. Not everyone appreciates screamers all the time. Congrats to Kris! My heart along with at least 26,000 people I personally was with belongs to Danny! Go Gokey Go forever!!!!!! Adam will still go far but perhaps Broadway is more his direction.

May 20, 2009 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  16. FL loves IDOL

Michael, you actually think DANNY has divided people? Umm...have you been living under a rock? That title goes to Adam...as well as the AI title if America gets it right!

May 20, 2009 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Ana

Danny is the best! I wish it would have been him going up against Kris tonight, but oh well. Danny needs to hurry up and collaborate with many singers to make their songs better. He has such a beautiful voice. I cannot wait for his first cd to hit the stores! Love Ya Danny!

May 20, 2009 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Michael

I can't remember a contestant who has divided people so vehemently as Danny. I'm amazed at how vicious some of these comments are. If you don't like his style, fine, but don't get so personal!

May 20, 2009 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  19. lin

Argh. They gave Lionel Richie six minutes, Cyndi Lauper five minutes , not long enough!

May 20, 2009 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Tracey Strong

I love Lionel and Danny, they are both absolutely amazing and both are gorgeous.

May 20, 2009 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Brandy

I love Lionel. And when I hear "Hello," I will always compare it to David Cook singing it last year. And David is 1000% a way better singer than Danny.

May 20, 2009 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Lisa

Danny did wonderful. He will do great on his own! Go Danny!

May 20, 2009 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  23. FL loves IDOL

Yawn...who cares...karaoke Gokey is history....

May 20, 2009 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Tia

That performance was really Danny at his best – he always did have a great voice for soulful ballads and that was really exciting to see how appreciative of the greatness he was sharing the stage with written all over his face.

May 20, 2009 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |