May 19th, 2009

Top 2: Carrie Underwood takes us home

I love me some Carrie Underwood, and I am glad she has ditched the Kellie Pickler hair.

Carrie Underwood

She performs "Home Sweet Home" while a montage of the past season plays. I had forgotten about some of the "special" people we met during the auditions.

I swear I want to go live in the "Idol" house. It just looks like a blast!

Filed under: Music • television

Next entry »
  1. vino blanco

I just couldn't go away your web site before suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the usual information a person provide for your visitors? Is going to be again incessantly in order to investigate cross-check new posts

September 10, 2012 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. vino blanco

I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i am happy to convey that I've a very just right uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I so much surely will make sure to don?t put out of your mind this site and give it a look regularly.

September 10, 2012 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
  3. vino blanco

I do agree with all of the ideas you have introduced in your post. They're really convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are very quick for starters. Could you please extend them a little from next time? Thank you for the post.

September 10, 2012 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. resort bali

Fantastic items from you, man. I've take into account your stuff prior to and you're just extremely wonderful. I actually like what you have got here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which in which you assert it. You're making it entertaining and you continue to take care of to stay it sensible. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a wonderful web site.

September 9, 2012 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. anger management technique

My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was entirely right. This submit truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

September 6, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. TONY

I think the contestants did a great job with what they were given to work with and Carrie was stunning. I did not know the song but would buy it in her version. It was a great way to end the night of rock type songs. Being on that stage doing something not your own is very hard....I dare anyone to do a better job than those folks last night!

May 20, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mack

That rendition of one of the best Crue songs was totally brutal!!! Why don't we have Brad Paisley sing Slayer next. First of all that song should not have been on the show, it is not Metal Idol, and then have Carrie, ( who is awesome, AT COUNTRY, I will admit) butcher this well known ballad. If they wanted to use that song, they should of had Motley Crue play it on stage.....again in summary, BRUTAL.

May 20, 2009 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. d

carrie is beautiful, and a terrific singer she is the best ai of all

May 20, 2009 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Andy

Carrie will always be my American Idol! Sounded and looked great last night!

May 20, 2009 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. carla

She did awesome as usual. Carrie can sing anything perfectly.

May 20, 2009 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mike

Love the song, but Carrie Underwood is not for me. I never quite understood all the rave about her. Maybe its because I'm not a country music fan. Maybe its because I'm a Kelly Clarkson fan, and Kelly will forever be the all time best American Idol.

May 20, 2009 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jules

Carrie was just alright, dawg, but worst of all was the hideous song, "No Boundaries" by Kara and her co-writers! double YUCK! Whoever should win (Go Adam!), please, please don't let that be their first single!!! IT'S HORRIBLE!

May 20, 2009 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  13. stacey

I believe Adam deserves to win! He has the star quality. His voice range is terrific and his stage presince is great! He is a Natural. Kris needs to work on stage presince. I'm not counting him out though! I voted for Adam . I love to hear him sing. Kris is adorable but Adam is hot!

May 20, 2009 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  14. Carolyn

Carrie was great as usual.

May 20, 2009 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  15. Idol Fan

Carrie did an awesome job on the Motley Crue Song!!

Cara's song was just awful!

May 20, 2009 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  16. Sheri

I think Carrie Underwood is an awesome singer. She can sing, she is beautiful and has a lot going for her career. I think she did a great job singing that song last night. People are stuck on just liking one type of music. You can like country, rock and roll, jazz, etc. and be a good performer. I'd take her spotlight anyday!

May 20, 2009 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  17. Amy

She is the best .... And you guys suck.... We love you.... Carrie you rock.... ❤ Amy

May 20, 2009 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  18. Carol

love Carrie, she is great!

May 20, 2009 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  19. Diane

She is one of the best singers arouund. That is why she was voted Female Singer of the Year for Country Musica and no on else can top that.

May 20, 2009 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  20. AN

Why did they have to show that guy with the bandana who cried? Awww! I remember feeling so bad for him!

May 20, 2009 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  21. Liberty

Adam is the first contestent that comes close to having Carrie;s charisma and "IT" factor. He can go far, I hope they allow him to be him and don't change a thing. Whoever has produced Carrie, knew what they had and have not messed with a thing. That is why she is the #1 selling Idol of all time and may always be.

May 20, 2009 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  22. Carrie ROCKED!

You haters are pathetic.

Carrie ROCKED that performance of Motley Crue's songs. She hit every note and she looked amazing!

By they way, Carrie got permission from Crue to sing the song this season, and they loved her version. They also think Carrie is a great singer and person. Vince Neil gave interviews to this effect in several sources.

Carrie ROCKS and she looked hot too! So stop the hating !

May 20, 2009 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  23. jls

I HOPE KRIS ALLEN WIN

May 20, 2009 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  24. Delia Ordonez-Tate

Carrie was kind of out of her comfort zone with that song. Even so I thought she looked as gorgeous as ever!

May 20, 2009 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  25. Mary

For Bill and others if you don't like her, don't listen. After all you live in America where you have choices. And for the person who said she looked horrible there must be some jealously there because that has never been the case. Just because a person doesn't sing every genre as it was done is not a reason to bash them. Live and let live and enjoy the moment.

May 19, 2009 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Frank

Ugh! How can Carrie Underwood singing a song that ONLY Motley Crue can perform the right way be a good idea. Second, the show runs over time so she can upstage the two finalists? Give me a break.

My other gripe is why the finalists are forced to perform these horrible songs written to be their first money grabbing single. Let them sing a song they chose instead of a song about mountains and hurricanes. HORRIBLE.

May 19, 2009 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  27. joy

I thought she looked and sounded wonderful. Who would have known, from her AI season, how high she would go? She is real talent. And who else is real talent? ADAM!!!

May 19, 2009 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Terry McGraw

Carrie Underwood is always
    Great

May 19, 2009 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  29. SherpaGuide

She looked great, who cares what she sings!! It was still much better then anything else we heard tonight!!

May 19, 2009 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Chuck

I thought she looked and sounded great.

May 19, 2009 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  31. mgray

Love Carrie, just didn't like the song, but at least it wasn't as bad as the horrible one the guys had to sing. That song was awful. I can' t imagine either of them doing it as a single. What a Flop.

Carrie Underwood will be the BIGGEST American Idol ever.

May 19, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Malia

Anything any idol contestant can do, Carrie can do better. Allison is okay, but real rock, guns n roses, motley crue, leave it to Carrie.

Even Motley Crue was relieved that it was Carrie singing when asked. They are like idol? what? Then they said Carrie. and they were like, oh, okay, great!

youtube carrie singing paradise city, sweet child of mine. better than allison. sorry

May 19, 2009 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Ann

Give me Motley Crue over Carrie any day.

May 19, 2009 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  34. TCJ

Why does everyone feel the need to remake a classic song? Was Carrie trying to be a rocker chick with the Motley Crue t-shirt and that outfit? They should have had Kris and Adam sing that song rather than the one Kara wrote!

May 19, 2009 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Anna

B, BRIDGETTE, Carrie sounded exactly like the recording. You might not like the song she sang, but you cant say she sounded bad. It sounded the same.

Also, you must be blind. She looked gorgeous.

May 19, 2009 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Scott

I love Carrie, but Allison would have done a better job with that Motley Crue song.

May 19, 2009 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Anna

So why cant we vote for Carrie again?

Carri=best contestant ever > kris and adam

May 19, 2009 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  38. bridgette

SHe looked awful and she sounded any worse. They really didn't need her to end the show, because the guys were suppose to the stars and it should have ended with them standing there together saying goodbye till tomorrow.

May 19, 2009 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  39. B

She sounded horrible.

May 19, 2009 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Joe Bass

I agree with Bill. Carrie just butchers that Motley Crue classic.

May 19, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  41. bearlover

That song was awesome, too bad it was the goodbye song!!

May 19, 2009 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Cheryl

Can we set up a separate phone line to kick Kara and her hideous song off that show? Awful, just awful!

May 19, 2009 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Yuna

I love Carrie Underwood!!! Take me home and can I raid your closet?

May 19, 2009 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Bill

Yet another AWFUL song. They really should have left that to the original artist to sing and she should stick to Country music, so I don't have to listen to her.

May 19, 2009 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |