May 19th, 2009

Top 2: Adam knows 'No Boundaries'

Good to see all of the past contestants.

Adam Lambert

Adam takes a stab at "No Boundaries," which is co-written by Kara and I don't love the song. Maybe it's because Adam appears to be doing the Glam Rock version. When the first notes started I thought it might be a cross between a Disney theme and a Celine Dion song, but not so much.

Kara looks pleased with herself. Oh Lord, I was hoping we would make it through a finale without hearing the word "pitchy," but it's not to be thanks to Randy.

I think Paula managed to give a critique without even commenting on the song and that actual performance. That takes talent. Simon says the show has found "a worldwide star" in Adam.

I do have to give it to Lambert, he is cool as a cucumber up on that stage. So chill and completely at home.

1. jacqueline

Adam Lambert is a true performer. Call it theatrical or whatever you want but he can definitely sing and is very exciting to watch. Not to take away from Kris's talent but I could not see my self sitting through an hour show of his boring performances.
    That final song was horrible. If Adam wins please don't change what us fins have come to adore in him.

May 20, 2009 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kathy

Adam rocks. I tuned in every week just to here him sing. I cannot wait for the album. He is so far above the other competitors. He has a great career ahead of him no matter what happens. Adam Lambert is my hero.

May 20, 2009 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Elle

Why does it have to be the "nasty religious right" and trust me, they are not watching Idol, they're in church, reading their bibles or spending quality time with their families...not watching TV.

May 20, 2009 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. kissmeagain

Adamania !!!!! let the riots begin You are one hot guy ! Love you in Toronto Canada !

American-Adam season finale !

May 20, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Galoux

MUST every season-ender original AI song just stink on ice?! Arggh. I always feel sorry for the final two, knowing they have to sing some schlocky badly written tripe.

Adam did the best he would with a crappy song.

Go, Adam! Love ya, man!

May 20, 2009 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MidlAgedMom4Adam

Thanks TV. No offense taken. I think "outside the box" so I wouldn't fit into it anyway. 🙂

May 20, 2009 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. TVGuy

And if you want to talk about skreeeeching, odd singing voices-

What was with Allison Iraheta?

I don't think it's safe for a 16 year old to be a 5-pack-a-day smoker.

Holycrap! When she talked, I thought I was on hold with a construction company receptionist in the 1950s.

"Hold on, Sir, let me look up your order... *KAFF* *KAFF* *KAFF*"

Nah, she's just a kid. Good for her to get that far.

May 20, 2009 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. TVGuy

And MidlAgedMom4Adam, no offense intended.

YOU ROCK!!

Yeah, roll around a college campus or coffee house in warm weather and there are more Krises out there than you can swing an uprooted parking meter at. Believe me on this.

There's an easy million Krises in America right now that are going to; or already have, been in a crowd shot on Day One chiming-in with everyone else saying "I'M THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL!!"

Kris is just the one that got picked out of the crowd.

So unique. Just like everyone else.

May 20, 2009 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Barbara

The song was CRAP but the better vocalist pulled it off way better than the not so good vocalist. This is still a singing contest, right???? If so, what the hell does religion or one's choices away from singing have to do with who you vote for???? This is one thing that needs to be separated from religion......religion has NOTHING to do with it.
    Kris just doesn't have it when it comes to all around great vocals.

May 20, 2009 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. TVGuy

Dear "writer,"

But it's easier to get rid of all of the Christians when you put them in one box.

Insert REALLY poor taste historical reference here.

May 20, 2009 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. torrid

That song was OMG so horrid. Don't care who wins but that song has to go away.

May 20, 2009 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Lisa

Terrible terrible song!! I'm a big fan of Adam's, but neither one of them could really do good with that song. I felt sorry for both of them and I feel sorry for the winner who has to record it! I kind of expected better from Kara. It has way too many words and it was so all over the place.

May 20, 2009 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. MidlAgedMom4Adam

Oh yes, one other thing. To make the big stupid "finale" songs bearable, my son and I have made a game of them. Each picks a few words that we feel just HAVE to be in the song. "Mountain" is not allowed because that's a GIVEN. So we're like, "OK, I have 'soar,' 'believe,' and 'eagle. What do you have?" "Oh, I have 'highest,' 'achieve,' and 'fly.'" We used to do this with country music too. "Pickup Truck, Dog, Mama, Horse, Beer, Woman......"

This song was as ridiculous as its predecessors, but what did we expect....

May 20, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. MidlAgedMom4Adam

Hello there, conservative Christian 39 year old Mom of three teens here, who thanks God for the talent He puts in people like Adam and hopes to meet Freddie Mercury in Heaven. It's not my job to judge anyone's life. It's a TV show. It's my "job" to dial a phone number (all night if necessary!) to cast a vote as to whose album I'd buy, whose tour I'd go see. To me, this is Adam.

Kris is talented, but guess what? Every coffee house in the country has one of him pass through. Hit an open mic night sometime and see for yourself. He seems like a nice person and he can sing well. He probably has an album or two in him. Can you see him strumming along the same way in ten years? Can you hear him being played someday on an "Oldies" station? Or can you imagine him more featured on a "where are they now" VH1 special?

For an artist to be a successful "idol" – a pop star, a rock star, ANY kind of "star" – he or she must be a performer. Do you think Madonna walks around her house in a bullet bra and fishnets? Well, maybe.... perhaps a bad example, but....you know what I mean. Showmanship is a requirement. Stage presence is part of it. Ever go to a concert where everyone just stands there playing under a 100 watt bulb? You'd walk out disappointed. There has to be flash! Even a relatively low-key performer like Dave Matthews has the lights, screens, effects. And he moves around the stage. If the musician himself or herself doesn't seem to be enjoying the moment, neither will the audience. There needs to be a certain "it" factor with a musician if he or she is to enjoy a sustained career. Adam has it.

Don't like Adam? Don't like the "tongue?" There is nobody forcing you to listen to him. My family and I will listen enough for you and ourselves both.

May 20, 2009 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Lulu

I love you Adam lambert you are the next American idol today will be your night you are the best and you have millions of fans like me who love you

May 20, 2009 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Mike

I agree Adam has loads of talent, he just needs to cut back on the screeching at times. That being said, I feel Adam should not have been allowed to compete on AI. He has a PROFESSIONAL singing background. AI should be aobut undiscovered AMATURES becoming a star. PERIOD homeslice.

May 20, 2009 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  17. KarenB, central Florida

Adam is head and shoulders above the others (Kris included). Being able to sing that ridiculous song of Kara's is additional proof – he could even make that sound tolerable! Her mugging for the cameras is bad enough without pushing her "song" on us.
    whether or not Adam "wins the dial-a-thon", he is the true American Idol "winner".

May 20, 2009 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  18. Dan E

I agree with Anthony from Tampa except for one thing............GO ADAM!! GO ADAM!!! GO ADAM!!!..............................But don't come back..............EVER!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  19. mw

Why is it just Christians getting dissed about who they will vote for? At least we love people and don't think their head should be cut off if they don't convert to our religion.

May 20, 2009 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  20. writer

Hated the song.

To all you bigots out there placing all Christians into one box, knock it off. God is central to my life, and I believe that Adam is not only the best singer to ever grace the stages of AI, but the best performer/singer to come along in DECADES. God loves us all the same, my friends.

May 20, 2009 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  21. Yuck

Gag me Adam. I hope you lose.

May 20, 2009 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  22. Anne

Kris is a pleasant singer and seems like a sweet guy but I can,t see that tranzlating to commercial success. His fan base (religous right, pubescent girls,) are voting for the American pie image. The muck raking of some homophobs and religous fanatics were rejected by most Americans during your recent elections.(some idiots were trying to portray your Prez. as gay) will only polarize fans . This is about choosing an American Idol, someone that will be a world wide sensation, hopefully. If you read the blogs from abroad, Adam Lambert is already the most watched and downloaded. My friends and I are hopeing he tours Canada or close to the border. Our tickets would be good as bought. Gay, straight ,eyeliner or not, Adam will pack the big venues and by the way kids, thats not screeching,thats called amazing range and no one else in the competion can do it like Adam. Ask Gokey. His attempt earned a one way ticket home.

May 20, 2009 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  23. mw

Allison should have never been voted off. This totally looks like a set up. How could Adam with all of his stage and Broadway experience, be on Idol? He is not an amateur. Now, I have to admit, I REALLY enjoy watching most of Adam's performances, but I too feel like the song he sang was not very good. It was cheesy and forced, but he did his best.
    I really don't like Kara as a judge. No one knows who she is and she just can't cut it. I hope she's not around next year.

May 20, 2009 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  24. an

Adam is out of their leage, he is a star.

May 20, 2009 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  25. adrinkonme

AMERICAN-ADAM

May 20, 2009 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  26. TVGuy

Oh yeah, and what is with Kris' palsied mouth??

I've heard of talking out of the side of your face, but that is ridiculamous!

What are you, Popeye?!?

Anyway, yeah, I hope enough people voted for Adam to counteract Gokey's Christian votes that marshaled behind Kris undoubtedly.

At one point in the show last week they said there was a million votes between first and second place, so Adam and Kris. I hope the gap didn't close.

ADAM FOR THE WIN!!!

May 20, 2009 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  27. Amy

Wow You are so freaking hott.... I love you

May 20, 2009 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  28. TVGuy

The song "No Boundaries" contains the lyrics-

"B-reak every rule coz there’s nothing between you
    and your dreams"

Wow, I am sure Kara got an A+ on that one in Fourth Grade.

Keep shooting for the stars, Kara!
    There's nothing between you and your dreams!

And Kris seemed to be auditioning for any job he could get after this, full-well knowing he's gonna lose.
    "Hey look, I can play piano!"
    "Hey look, I can play guitar!"
    "Hey look, I can play both with a harmonica on a brace in front of my face with cymbals between my knees and a bass drum on my chest!'

Yeah, ADAM for the win!!!

May 20, 2009 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  29. Ugh

With all the resources available to AI- one would think they would be able to find a truly remarkable song for theAI winner. I am appauled at their choice. I don't think the fans care if the song is some triumphant anthem- they just want – and deserve- after being committed to these contestants for months- to hear a really good song to finish the show. I am rather scared at what they might force the winner to sing on their album (like the horrible songs they had Taylor Hicks do). There are great songwriters out there - Give these awesome performers great song!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  30. Carol

Kara's song sucked baddddddd, no one should have to sing that
    nasty stuff....

May 20, 2009 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  31. Maria

That goth chick can sing.

May 20, 2009 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  32. Wendy

Love Adam. Hate the song and not the way he sang it! !

May 20, 2009 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  33. dawn c

Everyone remember Daughtry? Awesome and a success – voted off at #5, so... Adam should win but if he doesn't the amazingly successful career he will have will prove who the true American Idol is. Kris has some artistic talent,decent singer/guitar/pianio player but he is in a different league not a superstar like Adam. Come on America – DO THE RIGHT THING! VOTE FOR ADAM! He never had a bad ,off – key performance all season from day 1, can you honestly say that about Kris? Not if your hearing is good!

May 20, 2009 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  34. TSRVT

Kara, stick to producing. Songwriting is certainly not your forte. That overly-sentimental schlock deserves to go in the trash.

Adam, you did the best you could given the material you had to work with. I feel bad for you that you had to sing that crap, and felt compelled out of politeness to say nice things about the song. In a couple of years, when you are out from under the AI mantle and can speak freely, I want to hear what you actually thought about that rubbish.

May 20, 2009 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  35. gg ff

Sorry Kara. That song was one of the most unflattering, difficult song to sing. Both contestants did not do well singing that one. Gee, I wonder why? But if we were to choose between the two. Awww...come on! It's a no brainer! Obviously ADAM kicked KRIS butt! I don't agree with Randy's comments and seem to be siding with Kris. I mean, let's face it KRIS looked like he could hardly breathe. It's so hilarious, it seemed like the guy needed an oxygen tank next to him. The producers didn't want it to think that Adam is the clear winner which explains that comment made by RYAN SEACREST? the liner? what the...! was so shocked with that one. If Adam loses (and it's obvious he doesn't deserve to lose) then SImon had predicted it correctly: "it will be the biggest upset in American Idol History. So vote wisely AMERICA!

May 20, 2009 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  36. gg ff

Sorry Kara but I've never seen a song as difficult as what you have written. Let's face it. Both contestants didn't do too well singing your song. But just to be honest, between the two. Awww come on! It's a no brainer. ADAM kicked Kris butt. Didn't like the way Randy was trying so hard to side with Kris when obviously Kris could barely breathe singing that song! So hilarious! It was like he needed an oxygen tank next to him. Adam did it a lot better than Kris but I guess American Idol producers didn't want it to be too obvious. Well, if America votes for Kris (sad but true)...Simon has predicted it correctly: "it will be the biggest upset in the show's history." So vote wisely AMERICA!

May 20, 2009 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  37. Bren

What makes conservative Christians think God CARES about American Idol?! Is this the same god that rappers thank when they win a Grammy? Isn't there something in the Bible about idolatry? lol

I thought the Adam homophobia was one thing but now Christians are apparently rallying to vote for Kris. Wow. "America's Idol now given to you by the people who brought you eight years of George W. Bush."

Hrmmm. No thanks.

May 20, 2009 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  38. Ghost9

How do you write a syruppy pop song for a glam rocker?
    She may have wrecked his chances with that poorly written blah!

May 20, 2009 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
  39. McLuvinAZ

Yes, Danny's fans may vote for Kris - unless they understand REAL TALENT, and that is, without a doubt, ADAM LAMBERT! If Kris wins, that will almost as unfair as Shawn Johnson beating out a far-more-talented Gilles in tonight's "Dancing With the Stars." A travesty!! Don't disappoint me tomorrow, too!!

May 20, 2009 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  40. Jackie Haley

wow!
    He is the 1s contestant on American Idol I want to succeed!

May 20, 2009 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  41. Jackie Haley

Wow!
    what presence, charisma, talent. Adam has the whole package he will become the American Ido.l

May 20, 2009 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  42. Jackie Haley

Adam will win!
    Great talent, voice, presence,looks,he has the whole package,
    I will purchase every cd he is on.

May 20, 2009 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  43. Shaman Nora

Kara's song was horrible. The worst possible song for these two guys to sing – and it was too high. Adam is still a superstar, and as Simon finally concedes – a worldwide one. Kris has a very nice voice, but he's so different from Adam. I like them both, but Adam outshines all the rest. I hope Adam wins Idol.

May 20, 2009 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  44. Joan

Adam showed what a true artist he is by taking a poor song and making it something worth listening to. Kris struggled throughout the song.

Using the excuse that it was written in too high a key is ridiculous.....it's simple to change the key of any song to fit a voice. The fact is simply that Kris couldn't pull it off....and it was actually painful to watch it was so bad.

May 20, 2009 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  45. Caligirl

Kris = American Idol
    Adam = A Worldwide Star

May 20, 2009 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  46. jr

whoever wins – drop that song from the set quick! Worst Idol song EVER!!!! Unsingable – Unmemorable-Unlistenable VOTE KARA OFF!

May 20, 2009 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  47. Thad

I'm sorry but Adam belongs on a Vegas stage. He is so over the top that it grates on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard. It would probably help if I couldn't see his intestines every time he hit a high note.

May 20, 2009 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  48. michael

Adam lambert is why I kept watching AI this year and I am biying anything he sings. Vote people and make the better man, Adam lambert the next idol. I am a fan for life.

May 20, 2009 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  49. Lindsey

This song was clearly written for Danny. I don't think either of them sang it well, but Danny would have been perfect.

May 20, 2009 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  50. Lola

Adam made this song sound better than it really was. Why on earth does Idol have a song written for the winner every year. These songs are almost always 'forgetable' and totally unworthy for any of the winners to have to record as their first record. The only one I ever liked was A Moment Like This that Kelly Clarkson sang. Kara even looked apologetic to Kris and Adam both for having to sing that thing.

May 20, 2009 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  51. Kyle

I don't think either of the contestants did well on this song, mostly because it's just not that good of a song. both of them did pretty bad with the intro with all the quick words they needed to sing.

May 20, 2009 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  52. Kathleen

To Mr. Rudy Garza:

"[Kris] is the more pure vocalist of the two." ?!?!?

Where did you study voice? What are your performance credentials? Your expertise in evaluating vocal production? Clearly, this is a field beyond your purview. Adam's singing is healthy, pure and as flawless in sound quality as a classically trained vocalist. I know because I am one, and have been for nearly 30 years.

Why not have the courage and decency to say that you just like Kris better. Why try to couch your opinion in the language of an expert critic (which you are not)? I'm sorry to offend you, but you posted on a public board.

May 20, 2009 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  53. MJ

I am so very glad that I watched this season I gave it one more chance because of David Cook and now I have Adam Lambert to thank them for too, I look forward to his first cd. My grandsons and I will have another singer in common... whoooo.

May 19, 2009 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Bob F

Adams first song, they forgot to turn the reverb on, and that created a dry mike sound. At first I thought, oh boy I hope this isn't being politicized by the station. After that everything was balanced. Something was taken out of Adam. He was reduced although his voice still shined through. The performances weren't the over the top mind blowing though.
    Kris did a great job on the first 2 songs, and I thought after I heard him that he might have just created the upset of the century, and then I heard him on the last song, and well, then ended the contest. Kris was off key, and generally weak in the song. There are 2 ways of looking at it. One is that if he was a super experienced musician, he would have requested that they lower the key a few notes to accomodate his range. Two, you could look at it as a testimony of the fact that Adam has this incredible range, all the way from the lower lows, and the higher highs. Does he have a 3 octave range? I don't know, but he obviously has a larger range that Kris does.
    In an earlier show when Kris started off with the piano, and then finally got to a crescendo part, I thought he should have stepped out from behind the piano, grabbing the mike, popping it out of the stand, and taking over the audience. It would have been ripe for him to hit a really powerful note, blowing us away. Knowing where your strongest voice is and what type of sound you need to use to show it off. Vowels and consonants resonate differently, and knowing your sounds that frame you in the best light are the signs of a true pro. Of course Adam has that figured out.
    Adam is still my choice, but Kris has such a great resonance in his voice he is sure to be a star.

May 19, 2009 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Clive

I was either screamed at or sung to sleep.

This year's winner is DVR with back up from FF Button.

May 19, 2009 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Fitzwilly56

What's the worry over eyeliner and nailpolish? Ever hear of David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Kiss, Alice Cooper? They all at one time or another or regularly wore eyeliner and more. David Bowie was probably the king of Glam Pop/Rock, his eyeliner never hurt him a bit.

As for Christians, this is a pop music competition not the church choir. ONe fo the reasons I've been voting my fool head off is to try to counteract those types who would impose a lifestyle on the rest of us if they could get away with it...

Setting aside all the affectations, Adam has a better range, more versatility, a heck of lot more creativity and stage presence than Kris. I also truly dislike watching Kris sing, he distorts his mouth in a funny way, squints his eyes heavily and makes tendons/muscles in his neck strain. Unpleasant to watch.

As for those accusing Adam of screaming, you try to go into the super ranges, sustain a note and remain on perfect pitch and then bring it back without sounding like a wounded animal....ever hear of Stephen Tyler?

Adam deserves this win, but even if he doesn't he's gonna do just fine.

May 19, 2009 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  57. joy

Please don't make the winner sing that song tomorrow night. Please do not make the world listen to that song again.

May 19, 2009 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Elizabeth Lodge

Is anyone else worried that Danny Gokey's fans will go about 85% or more for Kris?

I know Adam will be a huge success at any rate; still, he deserves to win hands down.

May 19, 2009 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  59. IndyFlip

Wow that song sucked! Regardless of who sings it that is an absolutely horrible song.

May 19, 2009 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  60. RJ

Adam is totally awesome! He can sing anything. No one can honestly say that Adam is not talented. He is brilliant and different. He will be a superstar and he deserves to win. Kris is a nice guy and has talent but Adam is in a different league. I agree, Kara's song was torture. I would download Adam's version of Mad World. I have no interest in downloading anything Kris did tonight. ❤

May 19, 2009 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Eva

That is not a song for Kris or Adam. Can anybody say, Gokey? Just sayn'

May 19, 2009 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Sherry

I think the song co-wrote by Cara sucked. It couldn't be sung by either one of them. It will never be a hit song. I'm sorry but if thats Cara's song writing I see why I have never been a fan of hers! Adam did an awesome job. I hope he will win, but I know either way we definitely haven't heard the last from him. Well done Adam!

May 19, 2009 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Ben Lee

That song is written for Danny Gokey...it's the right fit for him but a diasaster for both Kris and Adam. A susposedly inspirational-song that promises everyone if you keep throwing eggs at a wall, it will someday break a hole in it...LAME!!! THey look so out of their element and I am surprised that Kris did not ask to have that song lowered...he was clearly struggling. Adam made do but it's not he range that he is comfortable singing in. It's a horrendous finish...but I am still an Adam fan. I know if given enough time, both Adam and Kris would have overhauled that song and made it their own.

May 19, 2009 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  64. andy

If I could, I would vote Kara off the show. Really would. Not because of the horrible song, but because she is not needed at all. She is superfluous.

I wonder if Adam's tongue thing is part of his style. I hope not.

I still hope he wins. Waggling tongue and all.

May 19, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Amy

Kris Allen has a following that has proven stronger than Adam's...although both are extremely talented and worthy of their accomplishments, I think that Kris has more of an all-around appeal. Adam has a very distinctive style that may not appeal to the audience as a whole. Will be interesting to see how it all ends up. Best wishes to the both of them....they will each see tremendous success in their near future.

May 19, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  66. idol fan

Cheryl and Wizard – I'm totally in! KARA needs to go!! Let's vote her off!! The song was terrible and she was grating to listen to every week. In my worst nightmares I imagine that they brought her on in order to warm us up to her and next year either Paula or Simon will not be on...

May 19, 2009 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  67. byondrch

and Underwood puts a stake in the Crew, Im so glad this side show is over.

May 19, 2009 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  68. sands

Adam has a great voice but not that distinguishable from many other
    singers except for the annoying screams. I love Kris's voice and his presentation – has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Allow Kris to sing music that is suitable to his style and he will become a world star.

May 19, 2009 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  69. byondrch

OH my. i think this was the weakest Idol finale ever. Not to be outdone by the worst song ever.

Thanks for killing a good thin Kara, yes we all blame you.

May 19, 2009 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Karen

Kara's song sucked! She's lucky Adam did it as well as he did. She should be booted off the show just for making them sing that creepy song. Go Adam!! I would have loved to see Adam take an Elvs song........like Suspicious Minds and knock it out of the park!

May 19, 2009 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Snowball

Adam all the way! There's no comparing the two. There are lots of guys out there who sing like Kris, but Adam is a unique talent and a wonderful, humble human being. God smiles on Adam just as much as he smiles on Kris, and he surely gave Adam the most talent.

I hope these Bible bangers pack it in. I'm so sick of them showing up in every opportunity one has to vote for the most capable and bringing religion into the mix. This is a singing contest, people. Please don't get it confused with Sunday School.

May 19, 2009 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Cheryl

Thanks, Wizard...If Kara is on next year, I will NOT watch the show. It just didn't work.

May 19, 2009 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Wizard

Go Cheryl!! Looks like everyone here would be lining up to vote Kara off the show. AI....are you reading this?

May 19, 2009 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Mark

Kathy – the first song could of been a rock song but neither decided to do it

May 19, 2009 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Lynn Gardaz

Both guys have different styles and both shall do very well in the future.
    It's hard to choose one because they are incredible. I wish them both the best.I do have to sat however Adam has my no1 vote!

May 19, 2009 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  76. ChristiansForAdam

Hey Fellow Christians, god doesn't require you to vote for Kris. In fact Adam is god's creature also. And remember how some folks didn't like Jesus cause he was different and a rabble rouser and stuff. See, sort of the same with Adam. And why would the good lord give Adam such awsome performing talents far beyond the talent of thousands and thousands of other contestants – well the good lord didn't give him that talent to waste now did he. So fellow Christians just vote for Adam in good conscience and say your prayers before you go to bed. You'll be just fine.

May 19, 2009 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Anthony from Tampa

ADAM, ADAM, ADAM, ADAM, ADAM. This guy rocks. He has been consistent all the way, every single week. His range is amazing – much better than Kris. He can sing anything. He is in a class on his own, as RH said. He deserves this win. He was freaking amazing tonight, even the whole coat and theatrics – amazing, that is part of being a star, knowing how to deliver a performance.

GO ADAM, GO ADAM, GO ADAM.

People – vote for Adam, don't think it is over yet – you need to vote. Thanks Fox for a great season – the final four were the best I've seen, including Danny and Allison.

May 19, 2009 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  78. bridgette

I like Adam's version better than Kris, simply because it flowed better and was a little more energetic than Kris. Having said that, that was a Disney gone wrong song, who would write such rubbish.

May 19, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Kathy

Neither 2 got to do a ROCK sonng – what a shame! Was looking forward to Adam blowing the roof of the Nokia! Adam was ADAMAMMMAZING. We have seen the beginning of a worldwide STAR. Employees I work with all over the world and e-mail on a daily basis in Australia, Canada, Kuala Lumpur, UK, and Cairo and Dubai – forgot the guys ins Beijing all get up in the middle of the night to watch AI and are crazy about ADAM. They are awaiting Adam's world tourl. Guess he needs to get a "kick butt" band together like Cook did!

May 19, 2009 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Spammy

Oh and VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!!!!!

May 19, 2009 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Spammy

Ya, that song was pretty bad. I still think Adam did a good job with what he had. Kris looked a bit in pain singing it. (which I don't really blame him!)

May 19, 2009 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  82. tom

Adam is a unique gifted inspirational talent. To those that would judge him for anything other then his supreme vocal talent you are wrong It would be like someone with a hang up about deaf composers judging Beethoven's music.

Adam Lambert is definately the American Idol.

May 19, 2009 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  83. jcsp

Adam freakin rocks. If he doesn't win I will never watch Idol again. Chris is a joke.

May 19, 2009 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Mg

Not only was that song HORRIBLE, we forced to listen to it twice. Can't they skip the lame song run off at the end? Give us all a break. And by the way, it's American Idol, not American Role Model. Go Adam! Go away Kara and take your fellow songwriters with you.

May 19, 2009 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  85. cf

Always on the religious attacks when it comes to the other contestant. I am from a blue state and a non-christian and I will be voting for Kris. I cannot stand Adam's constant screeching, the judges/media pimping him out, his theaterical performances. I just prefer Kris's acoustic Jason Mraz/John Mayer type of sound. You shouldn't go out and point your finger like that.

May 19, 2009 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  86. ddehart

I think we are all smart enough to know this is a real competition. Despite the bad "forced" songs upon them both, we have also seen them do incredible songs as well. Great show! (but I do not like Kara's song) I am looking forward to tomorrow night!! 🙂

May 19, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  87. maggie t

simon would not even comment on that song. it was horrible. i hope kara does not come back.

May 19, 2009 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  88. RH

Adam is in a class of his own! He is a star! Adam made an average song sound amazing!

May 19, 2009 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  89. leenz

Adam has made this season interesting! Each week audiences wait to see what he will come up with next. He has been consistent and original – every time showing us his unbelieveable range. Who cares that he wears eyeliner and nail polish? In our world today, that's not unusual! Let's not let that be the determinant when we vote. Kris deserves alot of props, he has come very far and can definitely sing! But as far as this year's winner goes.... I'd like to see Adam take that stage.

May 19, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  90. stoph

AMERICAN IDOL is ADAM

He deserves to win the competition. Of course the "nasty" religious right will try hard to prevent his victory, because of his perceived "lifestyle." He's got the talent to surpass all the previous American Idols. Kris is a "nice guy" but more akin to Clay Aiken (who also has "lifestyle issues").

May 19, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Doppy

I have to say I'm really tired of these sweeping "climb every mountain, i believe in myself" yadda yadda yadda finale songs with a giant choir belting out the chorus behind them. Let's try something new shall we? This was the season of change after all. Also. I have been an Adam Lambert fan since day one but I feel he wasn't quite on his game tonight and it's the first time I've thought that. I don't know if it was the song choices or what but as much as I want Adam to win tomorrow I think that the people that voted for Danny will pretty much go 100% behind Kris and Kris will be the next American Idol. I agree with Paula that Adam will become iconic...no matter what happens tomorrow.

May 19, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Cheryl

I vote we set up a separate phone line to boot Kara and that god awful, hideous song off that show. Awful! Just awful! I wish they would just let the contestants pick three songs themselves for the finale as every year I am disappointed.

May 19, 2009 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  93. marc

I thought Adam won the night by far. Even with Kara's song he did a good job! Kris's version was auwful, boring and uninspired. If we take an honest look at the season as a whole Adam should win the title!

May 19, 2009 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Dan from Iowa

Adam has my vote. It's not that I'm a huge fan, but I think he is a better singer and definitely a better performer. Yea, the tongue thing bothers me too, but I'm going to have to cast my vote with Adam.

May 19, 2009 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Joe Bass

Kyla said:

"anyone noticed that the background completely drowned adam out while for kris they seemed to make it more acoustic and had a better mix? that sucks!"

I noticed it too. Same as last week. Prior to that, Adam's sound was great!! Who ever the soundboard man has been for the last two weeks, he/she should be replaced.

May 19, 2009 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Joan

The sad thing is that THIS the crap that Adam is going to be subjecting into recording now....

May 19, 2009 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Lacy

That was the worst Idol finale song to date. If I were Kara I would not have even mentioned that I co-wrote the song. It did not do either contestant justice. I feel bad that the poor guys had to sing such a terrible song as their last and final impression for their votes to win. Good luck to the both of them. Other than that last song they both have done an impeccable job throughout the season.

May 19, 2009 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  98. jeff

Adam is garbage. All of his songs sound the same...I get it, you can sing a high pitch loudly. Why are people really buying into this guy? The judges praise him after every song as if they're awestruck. I admit that Kris is bland, not as much as danny, but Kris will have more commercial success than a homosexual quasi-rocker.

May 19, 2009 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  99. tootoo

That song was the worst. And I really hope Kara isn't back next year. Overall, Adam is amazingly talented and deserves the crown. And that is coming from Danny's #1 fan.

May 19, 2009 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Bob

God help us all if this is the first single no matter who wins. Kara, don't give up your day job. Oh wait...

May 19, 2009 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  101. LISA

Kara's song was terrible....YUCK

May 19, 2009 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Mark

Jack – You got it wrong. Kara loved the way Adam did the song. She said that Kris was to high at the end.

May 19, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Larry "O"

That song was horrible. Kara needs to go. I feel bad for Kris and Adam to have to end the season on that terrible song. Did anyone check the song out first before they made the guys sing it. WOW!!!!!

May 19, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  104. RUDY is wrong

Christians Scmistians. This is a singing competition – not church.

May 19, 2009 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Tripper

OMG. If this is what they will make Adam sing if he wins, I am afraid to vote for him. Adam deserves much better... Kara is a worse song-writer than she is a judge.

May 19, 2009 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Bill

That song was AWFUL.

May 19, 2009 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  107. rudy garza

The conservative Christians will rally around Kris and he will pull it out tomorrow. He is the more pure vocalist of the two.

May 19, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Bob S

OK, let's be honest, what else would you expect from the useless 4th judge. A horrible song sung as well as it can be when forced to sing. Again, as with every year, I always feel bad for the winner when they have to sing the "Idol's" song.

May 19, 2009 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  109. James

The final Idol songs have always been, and always will be, crap for anyone outside the range of sappy, cardboard Disney melodies. I knew this wouldn't be the best for either Kris or Adam, and, apparently, I'm right. They should do away with these songs for good.

May 19, 2009 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Andrew

Adam is gonna win. He technically has better vocal talent. But Kris will sell way more records based on his style.

May 19, 2009 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Judy

Thank you SImon for not pointing out that this performance is not a big winner – simply because he is singing old schlock that Kara wrote. It should not have been chosen for them to perform tonight. I hope everyone remembers what a PHENOMENAL season Adam has given us and rewards him justly

May 19, 2009 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Ricky

It took THREE people to write that HORRIBLE song???

May 19, 2009 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  113. B

THAT SONG IS A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SONG.

If neither of these "voices" could sing it well (and they didn't!) then there is something wrong with that song. It is AWFUL.

I think the judges were in a spot not wanting to criticize the song itself with Kara sitting there. YUCK!

May 19, 2009 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Jack

Shame on Kara. Adam did the best he could do with the lyrics. Better than Kris..

May 19, 2009 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Mary

The song was just dreadful. YECH. I have bought all of Adam's songs from iTunes – but I wouldn't walk across the street to hear EITHER of them sing it again.

May 19, 2009 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  116. dragongrrl

Adam can sing the phone book. This song proves it.

May 19, 2009 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Kathy

Another Amazing performance love the song Kara wrote. Adams is a real star. Awsome performance!!

May 19, 2009 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Kyla

May 19, 2009 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Eva

Adam did good and will do well. He is very talented.

May 19, 2009 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Zebulon

Oh. Oh my.

If you pay a carpenter to build you a house, and he builds you a lousy one, you DON'T blame the lumber.

That song was TERRIBLE. I'm THRILLED that Simon refused to udge him by that song, because it was NOT a showcase of his talent, in the LEAST.

Go, Adam!