May 13th, 2009

Top 3: He's going home

** SPOILER ALERT: This blog entry reveals the contestant leaving the show. Do not visit this entry of the blog if you do not want to know the results. **

He had a great run, but now Danny is done.

Danny Gokey

We learn that Adam beat him out, and now Danny is headed home having never even been in the bottom two.

He gives us one last performance of "You Are So Beautiful," and I feel a tear.

This entire season was, as he pointed out, one of triumph for him, and he goes out classy. Aww Gokey.

Simon gets the last word, and he sounds almost at a loss.

Filed under: Simon Cowell • television

« Previous entry
  1. Ray Fisher

A large number of Danny supporters could not get through last Tuesday here in Wisconsin. My wife was successful 1 out 10 attempts. Some didn't get one call connected. Everybody I spoke with had problems.

May 19, 2009 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Tara Palmeri

What a shame!!! Danny was the best contestant ever... It is so unfair that Simon announced the winner before the contest was over. He really shouldn't be allowed to do that! I hope we get rid of Kara - I can't watch her another year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 19, 2009 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Larry

I really don't get it – Danny's voice is far and above better than Kris.
    If you are looking for a cute kid well I guess Kris is it. Good luck Adam.

May 15, 2009 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  4. Peggy

Danny was in the bottom 2 last week with Allison. So he was in the bottom 2, 2 weeks in a row.

May 14, 2009 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Faramarz

Sorry to hear that Danny is voted out..well it proof one thing that most young American music lover has no tast in music and agreat singer, they like someone like Adam who is not a bad singer but can only perform rock song and that is not consider a singer with a great talent, because everybody can screeeeeem like him and become popular by those young audiance whom has no knowledge of anything specially music, they only judge a singer with their look.
    What happened to a great singer and great voice like Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, sammy Davis, Perry Como and King...what is going on is there any other way to find a best singer and judge only with a great voice not look.
    It's shame shame shame.

May 14, 2009 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Erin

Hey everyone, Kris's name is spelled KRIS, not Chris.

Yay Kris and Adam! This will probably be one of the best finales I have ever watched. America got it right, finally! By the way, I observed Danny giving autographs to fans up close last Friday and wasn't too impressed with his demeanor. Good riddance!

May 14, 2009 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Katie

I was hoping for a Kris/Danny finale. Adam is good, but all of the screaming in his songs lately – just isn't singing – was getting really annoying. He should go back to Broadway where he definitely belongs. Now that Danny is out – my vote goes to Kris. Go Danny – you still have a great future ahead!

May 14, 2009 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. gsd

I am shocked at the results! I love Danny. I think Adam's fans helped Kris into the finals so there would not be a chance of a showdayn between him and Danny. They know ( or at least think) it will be a slam dunk against Krsi. GO KRIS!!!!!!!!

May 14, 2009 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Rob K

I think Danny got ripped off. No way should Chris have gone on, not with his track record! They should have saved him and redo next week, I bet Chris chocks and punk Lambert gets it! I will never watch this show again because its a rip!

May 14, 2009 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Hallie

I am stunned....and sad....I love Danny Gokey! The man can sing and I sincerely hope that he gets a recording contract because it would be a loss if he doesn't! Kris can sing, but he's not Danny...

May 14, 2009 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Nancy

I am not sure why some of you come on here and make nasty remarks. All three of these guys are on their way to wonderful careers. They all 3 deserve to be IDOLS but unfortunately that can't happen. Danny your a star and your also a very humble caring guy. Nancy

May 14, 2009 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. SDHouston

Gokey is gone! Now I can watch the final without chewing my nails off. Both of the finalist are winners in my book and Gokey will have a great niche career in Christian 'music'. (As long as he doesn't try to dance)

May 14, 2009 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Tony

Adam is one of the most original and talented singers AI has ever had. I fully expect there to be haters. I am casting my votes for Adam, but whoever wins I'm very interested in what he does with his new career.

May 14, 2009 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. t

You were voted out because you have a soulful voice. You were a much better singer than Kris and Adam. I wish you well. I will vote for Kris only because the judges and the media is promoting Adam.
    Adam will make it with or without AI. If Kris dont make it he will just be another face in the crown. Adam screams and I think he thinks he going all the way with the help of the judges and the media which is not to cool.
    When the girl who sing last night had Adams name on her cape
    that did it. That was so wrong it cant be right. And it takes away from the show. My vote is for Kris which is a Mercy vote.

May 14, 2009 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  15. winny

It shows how fickled the audiance is on AI. You vote for a nite club act and someone who sang 1 song great and overlooked the real talent.

I wish you luck Danny, Stay away from Simon choose another agent.
    Be your own man. Teenie boppers are fickled. they must like all that eye make up on a "Man"?

I'll vote for Kris. More of a roll model for young kids.

May 14, 2009 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  16. insight

I will buy Danny's CD when it comes out... I also feel it was set-up... I think this was their way (the judges) of making sure Adam wins, why else would Paula pick that song for Danny to do. Big mistake... I am not sure I will watch the show anymore.

May 14, 2009 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  17. Mike Akin

Danny Gokey is not going "home". He is headed for a major singing career. There is no way that Kris should have beaten him, but in the long run, it may be better for Danny's career. At least "Ido" won't own him.
    Good luck, Danny. The teeny boopers probably kept you from being in the finals. It will be interesting to see who's on top in five years.

May 14, 2009 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  18. rose perrotti

to all the judges it almost feels like adam was the favorite from the beginning.
    simon made a statement tuesday night telling all of us viewers not to assume adam was going to win, so please vote for him.
    it left alot of us viewers turned off...................
    alot of us hope this show is not fixed..................
    rose

May 14, 2009 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  19. deb

I am a total Adam fan, but I respect all the singers. This is a show. There is no reason people have to hate someone just because someone else is their favorite. Anyway, I do think that Katy having his name on her cape was inappropriate. Somebody's head probably rolled after the show because it could not have been approved by the show. She took advantage of it being live. Knowing Adam, even though he is a fan of Katy, he was no doubt appalled. He is a decent human being and always appreciative.

May 14, 2009 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  20. Brandy

Danny will be JUST fine. I recall Daughtry going being eliminated on this very week and look at how well he has done. No, I'm not saying Danny is Chris Daughtry, but I think that Danny will do well and I for one will buy a CD from him. My votes will go to Kris now, who was my second favorite. I vote for who I like, not for who I'm against. I actually think Adam is pretty cool, but I'm not into that screaming, tongue sticking out, gasping for breath between lyrics type of music that he does every week. I thought he was awesome when he sang Mad World, other than that, I haven't cared much for his performances – too theatrical for me (like the time he came down the stairs with the lights on). Several folks have commented how Katy Perry should not have been permitted to have his name on her cape......I totally agree.

May 14, 2009 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  21. Jim

I am sick of Adam and his screaming. His attitude makes me want to puke. But, even if he does win, my consolation is that I won't be spending any of my money to support him or his "music." And, no I am not homophobic. I am a Gay man who just happens to dislike Adam and his "look at me and how wonderful I am" attitude.

May 14, 2009 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  22. Danlu

What made me watch this show with passion was Danny, now that he is gone, I am not interested anymore.
    For me, Kris doesn't have the greatest artistic image, he's too short, has a weird mouth, looks like a hamster, can sing, but not as great as Danny, Adam or Allison. I do not see any power on Kris voice!!!
    Kris only made to the finals because he changed Kanya's song, just for that!
    Danny will be the next Daughtry, will beat the top 2 with his album!

May 14, 2009 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  23. CA

I don't know how he made it this far. Danny has no charisma, no star-quality, no stage-presence.

I love, love, love Adam, but I fully expect Kris to win because it seems like a lot of Danny fans are Adam-haters and will vote for Kris just to vote against Adam.

May 14, 2009 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  24. Sally

I am not a tweener, I am an elder. I have liked Kris from the time he sang "Falling Slowly". My daughter is almost 40 and she likes Kris. However, we both also like Adam. I will vote for Kris next week. If Adam wins, thats fine with me, as he is very talented. Danny's voice has not been to my liking. It has nothing to do with anything else. In my opinion, music is what is pleasing to you as an individual. I loved Allison and Alexis and will be waiting for their Cds to come out. This statement is for all you people who use the word tweener and young girls etc. etc. and etc.

May 14, 2009 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  25. RiggedAI

I have always said this show was rigged....

S1 – white female
    S2 – black male (Aiken was WAY better than Studdard)
    S3 – black female
    S4 – white female
    S5 – white male (finally)
    S6 – hispanic (?) female
    S7 – white male (amazingly)

It took 5 seasons for a white male to win, when one should have won in season two. I'm not a racist/prejuidice person, by all means. America is so fixated on race, that it is ridiculous. People are always complaining about the "white man" always getting everything.

"It's so nice to finally see a black man coach the winning Super Bowl team." (said back in 2007, regarding Tony Dungy and the Indy Colts). How about the best man got the job done right? Nevermind the color of his skin; how about his fantastic coaching skills or great teamwork by the Colts? And how about our first black President? I really hope Obama didn't get elected just because he wasn't white.

Adam will win. The judges have been "predicting" it all season. Why? Because he's the first open homosexual they've had with decent enough talent. I personally can't stand his scream-style singing. When he sang the National Anthem at the homecoming, it was very well done, because he actually sang, instead of screamed, the song. He's a nice guy, with talent and has the confidence. But I hope never to hear him on the radio. He would definitely be better served in Broadway or even Hollywood.

May 14, 2009 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  26. Jenn

Danny will truly be missed – he was my favorite since auditions – but I have to say Kris had me at "Heartless". When I heard he was singing that song, I was like "oh man..." but to no avail he rocked it out! Adam is to into himself and the wailing is getting old. I will be voting for Kris and Adam, please do us a favor, and come out of the closet, would ya?

May 14, 2009 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  27. alice

Sorry but ... did danny die ? or did he just come 3rd in a singing competition? Easy to blame AI, Adam and anyone else who doesnt agree. Fact is he was voted out. and blaming everyone and everything isnt gonna change that. Theres more to life than argueing over a singing competition....Ya think!!!!

May 14, 2009 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  28. KKES

I AM SOOOO SORRY THAT DANNY IS GONE.
    NOW THE COMPETITON IS OVER !!
    DANNY SHOULD DEFINITELY BE WHERE KRIS IS & KRIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN LONG GONE !!!

WHAT'S WRONG WITH AMERICA ???
    THAT'S IT FOR AMERICAN IDOL FOR ME THIS YEAR, IT'S OVER, CAUSE YOU KNOW THAT ADAM WILL BEAT KRIS OUT BY MILES.

May 14, 2009 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  29. Steve

So Long. Been a long time coming. Judges for some reason want you to win glad america knows better then to vote for the "pimped" contestant

May 14, 2009 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  30. Ernestine

Why all the haters out there for danny, he is talented, he can sing. Adam is talented, but he sounds the same all the time, next week pay attention to him when he sings he will SCREAM again. Danny if you are reading these blogs, don't listen to these haters out there, keep your head up and enjoy what going to come your way. Bless you in all you are/will do with your life

May 14, 2009 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  31. Liz

Am reading all these comments thinking ummmm isnt this supposed
    to be a talent contest and not a hate contest. Was'nt the final 2 decided
    by the public isnt Adams fault that Danny got voted off. They are all good singers difference is Adam has the entertainment value. Aren't we all bored with same old same old boring singers. Its good to see someone whos different talented and entertaining.
    Come on stop making it a Adam versus Danny hate thing. Fact is America voted for who they thought deserved to be in final and Danny lost. So dont blame the contestants blame yourselves America and stop whinging. Jeez isnt like your very exsistance relies on it huh.
    Lighten up.

May 14, 2009 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  32. BH

Shock and awe is all I can say! You could practically hear the collective gasp from the judges when the announcement was made. Goes to show you that this is a "popularity" contest, not a talent contest. (Remember Sanjaya?) Should have been Gokey and Lambert in the finals. Kris has a nice voice. Good looking guy. But does not have the overall talent factor. Talent wise, from what is left, Adam should win it. You may not like his style or his choice of music, but hey, you have to admit, the guys got the voice and the talent. Oh well...we shall see.

May 14, 2009 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  33. Clyde Bradford

I feel last night was a major upset because everyone felt he would be one of the runner up! I feel he will still find a career in the music industry intertaining us all. Good luck..and remember always keep your head up high! Brad

May 14, 2009 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  34. Rob

I have to say, Tuesdays call in to vote was so messed up. I dialed and nothing , no busy signal no thank you for voting. I can normallly vote 150 times for adam Lambert. Yet this tuesday, i got many nothing when i called, or got sorry all lines are busy at the moment please call again. Or this is my favorite one. The damn phone range on the other end, sorry techincal difficulties please try again. I think with the new number added, who ever they are using the 1-866-436-57 number does not have enough power to keep the phone lines going right. I think its time they either get another system or its time i stop watching the show.....

May 14, 2009 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  35. Zack

It's true that Adam has become the judges' favorite; however, Kris is the unpredictable wildcard that is amazing everyone whenever he takes the stage. Honestly, I think Kris, as a singer, is a multi-talented singer that fits well in Soft Rock, Country and RB music. As a result, he's positioned well to gain admiration from these music lovers. On the contrary, Adam, who has this magical voice, is a one-way dimensional singer that has its own fan base, Rock n' Roll, which might be problematic for him next week. Additionally, personality and mannerism could end up being THE determinant factors.

May 14, 2009 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  36. Alice

I do like Kris and I am happy for him, however I do not believe AI is a dishonest contest.The top 2 should have been Danny and Allison,
    I am not a Adam fan at all, but I believe it is fixed so he will win.

May 14, 2009 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  37. Rachel

I must say that I'm very disappointed! I loved Danny Gokey from the first time he was shown during the audition process. It's hard to find singers that sing with conviction and that is one thing that he ALWAYS delivered! I am an Adam fan as well but I feel like he sings really well but it almost feels like a role for him as he's acting. Kris is cute and talented but just not my personal preference. I am still bummed that Alison didn't make it to the Top 3-she is PHENOMENAL!!!!

With all that said, America really is doing a really BAD job voting this year. First the Presidential race and now AI is a mess! What's next!?!?! How much worse can it get?

Lastly, Katy Perry is disgraceful. The only time she sounds the slightest bit decent is when her voice is digitally mastered by some truly highpowered equipment. She was awful & her energy is annoying. The stunt she pulled with Adam's name on the back of her cape was incredibly disrespectful to the other contestants. She should stick to kissing girls...period...and never open her mouth again for any other reason...EVER!

May 14, 2009 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  38. mackflip

@Riley, my thoughts exactly. Adam has shown from the very beginning that he is the man to beat. Is AI rigged? I don't think so.

May 14, 2009 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  39. Joy

My heart is broken.. I really thought Danny would be in the finals with his beautiful smoky, soulful voice. Everyone tells me that Danny sounded/looked the same every week – um... hello – listening to Adam scream out his songs and make goo- goo eyes at the camera got old weeks ago... Yes – Adam is original ( he learned well from David Cook) but honestly... he'll probably win and move on to where he belongs- the Rocky Horror Picture Show . This season was ruined for me last night and frankly could care less who wins and won't even watch it...

May 14, 2009 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  40. Pilar

Even thught he is gone, He is my winner!!!!!

May 14, 2009 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  41. Holldoll

I LOVE DANNY GOKEY!! He's super talented and I can't wait to buy his album! Now that he's gone, I really could not care less about the final. Kris can make his wierd facial expressions and Adam can scream into the microphone as he has done all year. Uggh.

May 14, 2009 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  42. Bogie

I think where I disagree was when Simon said don't assume that Adam will sail thru so you need to vote for him...and Paula and the rest are screaming vote vote vote.The other contestans didn't get that speech and at the end of the night, Great timing. There has always been that bit of power of suggestion from the AI panel. but at this point it's defenitely popular Idol and Adam and Kris where and are popular.

We will see but Adam is the more talented there, and Kris is good but we will see. See ya Gokey !

May 14, 2009 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  43. susan

Apparently my dvr didn't want to tape the show. But atleast I did get Lost recorded. Anyway, I love Kris. He has a great voice and has not been flashy or over the top but just plain Kris. I'm glad he's in the finale. I voted for him too. But Danny was a good contender. I truly don't think anyone DESERVES to be in the finale more than the other this time. From what you all are saying the singer of moment, Kate Perry, had Adam's name on her cape? First a cape? That alone would turn me off, but if she thought she was helping Adam I think she'll be surprised. Lots of people who did see it may think screw Adam if he's being allowed to be supported by the guest singer. They'll vote for Kris out of spite. Bad move Katie and AI.

May 14, 2009 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  44. TX

I agree with Paz, Kris was chosen because they didn't want it to look so bad when Adam wins it all (that was the plan from the beginning). Adam should stay on Broadway, do a play or something. All that yelling he does when he sings is crazy. I personally would buy a Danny Gokey or Kris Allen CD before I would Adams. No use watching the rest of the Show because you know who's going to win.
    No matter who wins they are all talented & will go far in what ever they do.

Go Danny Gokey

May 14, 2009 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  45. paul

Song selection and delivery is important and Danny hurt himself over the last three weeks. The Scream hurt Howard Dean and it hurt Danny.

May 14, 2009 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  46. Vick

I think Adam can sing the high notes, but I would never buy an album from him because my ear drums and nerves cant tolerate all of that screaming.

May 14, 2009 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  47. Catherine

To be honest, a Danny/Kris final would have been very interesting – with Adam in the finals, there really is no reason to watch next week. Since day one, the judges have announced that Adam would win – although he can't read music or play an instrument. There are and were more talented musicians on the show – but the judges decided 12 weeks ago that Adam would win. All the fans for the other 11 contestants need to vote next week and make Kris the winner just to show the judges that they need to keep their drooling to themselves.

May 14, 2009 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  48. Kristen

Now that Danny is out, I think Kris will for sure win. All of Danny's loyal voters (including myself) will transfer their votes over to Kris as he is more in our genre of music then Adam is.

May 14, 2009 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  49. Kathy

Kris and Adam... two very different styles that's for sure... wonder what they will come up with? While I'm sad that Danny didn't go on to the final two, I'm glad he's done so that he can get snatched up by a record company and get going on his first album. Mark my word – he will have an album out soon after the AI summer tour and he will be the next Michael W. Smith or Steven Curtis Chapman...just you wait and see!!

May 14, 2009 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  50. JW

Does that mean for all you people saying that you will not watch next week that you will also not be on this blog posting your hateful comments? I hope so, but what I am betting is that many of you will return because you have no lives of your own and have a sick desire to trash someone else's. See you next week.

May 14, 2009 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  51. barbara

I believe Danny went home because he would give Adam a run for his money. Never in the bottom three, putting Kris in the fianale just about
    guarantees Adam the winner. Everyone of the judges were so ga ga
    over Adam and half the time when he sang he screamed the song. I think the finale will be very boring without Danny.

May 14, 2009 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  52. Pat

Dog Tracker,

Simon's suggestion to vote for Adam is a sham, he's setting up for the ' upset' finale. (Classic Idol passing the blame, we didn't vote enough for our favorites). Let's face it, Adam's there for the exposure,he probably doesn't want to win. Remember, if he does he has to march to Ent. 19's drums.

May 14, 2009 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  53. Cindy

I am so upset on Danny's leaving. I truly believe he shoudl have
    won the whole contest. I think he would have been the best idol for many reasons, in addition to his wonderful voice. I'll miss him very much, and hope he'll get recording contracts. I know I would buy his
    music.

May 14, 2009 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  54. Bonnie

I would have picked Danny over Chris any day. His performance was solid through out the show. As far as Adam goes, they say he's a rocker and everyone on the show said he would win. I wonder how much influence the judges have in the voters responses.
    If you compare Adam's singing to the rock ledgend's songs he chose, there's no comparison. He doesn't even come close to them.
    He's too theatrical as well. He overdoes everything.

May 14, 2009 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  55. Linda Rivera

I hope that we hear so much of Danny. This is a hard point in the competion but he has always been my favorite. He is an all around great entertainer and his voice is awesome. Good luck to Kris and Adam. They all are giving it all they have. I so enjoy American Idol. I hope it is on for many years to come. I love Simon

May 14, 2009 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  56. pj

Danny Rocks. He was my favorite since the first shows. I am sorry to see him go. Kris you are a cute guy but just don't have what it takes. Looks like Adam has this sewed up. Good luck Danny I wish you much success!

May 14, 2009 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  57. Layla

Can't wait to buy your CD, Danny!!

May 14, 2009 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  58. Jack

I missed it; with all the dang commercials Fox runs during idol I got bored and fell asleep!!!! I am glad I could catch up in 1 minute from looking at the news.

May 14, 2009 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  59. Jim

Earl, Well said, I agree 100%

May 14, 2009 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  60. DC

I wonder after seeing this, if the judges feel like the wasted the "save" on Matt, earlier in the season.. hmmm. It could have been interesting with a 3 person finale. Oh well, I'm still a Gokey Gal and he will be missed. 🙂

May 14, 2009 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  61. Patti Newman

As far as Katy's cape....REMEmBER the VOTES WERE COUNTED, no influence on anyone, just her opinion. Besides that they are friends, I would expect my friend to support me.

May 14, 2009 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  62. Riley

Everyone keeps saying about how the judges pre-determined Adam to be the winner back at the beginning of the competition. So let me get this straight... if someone stands out in a competition from day one as being in a completely different class than the rest of the competitors (granted this is opinion based but even if you don't like Adam, you have to admit that he is completely different from the rest of the competitors, either in a good way or a bad way) then the judges should not point that out? Maybe the reason they have said all along that he is going to win isn't because they have some hidden agenda, it's because he genuinely (in their opinion) has the most talent. Isn't that how talent competitions are supposed to work? I understand that he is not some people's cup of tea when it comes to music, but obviously to the judges and some portion of America, he is. I just don't get it... a lot of people think that Adam has incredible talent so shouldn't he be favored to win early on? To me, I would think the judges had a hidden agenda if someone like Sanjaya made it way past their talent level. Just my two cents...

May 14, 2009 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  63. Patti Newman

Two words – ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 14, 2009 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  64. Kaitlyn

I am so upset! I really, really, really wanted Danny to win!! He should not have gone home. I think its crap that Adam, of all people, could beat him out, I mean no offence to him but hes not all that good. you can only handle that screech for so long and then it gets real old real fast. Danny on the other hand has a very soothing raspy voice that was amazing and still is amazing! He will make it furhter then Adam for sure! Kris also has a great voice but I really never expected him to make it this far! Its just akward to see Adam and Kris together because they are so different. I would have really liked to see Danny and Kris together.

May 14, 2009 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  65. Brett

Sad to say, but I was hoping that Danny would have taken it all the way. Kris and Adam are also very good, but Adam has recieved an unfair amount of hype from the programing and judges. Ever since the top 12 (er 13), he has been put on a pedestal and marketed as the winner. I'm not saying that he is not deserving of the win, but it's just sad when the show is said to be a fair competition, yet they only promote the person the producers want to push.

May 14, 2009 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  66. Amy

Seriously- why are people voting for Kris? Is it an army of pre-teen girls?

May 14, 2009 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  67. dottie

Danny,
    The biggest mistake was voting you off. I am not sure why people think that Adam has any talent..you think your scream was bad...that is all he does and his outfits etc...disgusting. When you were voted off american idol itself will never be watched in our home again. Chris shouldn't even try because it has been clear to all of us that adam will win and that the judges wanted him all along...you deserve so much better danny...don't give up though!!!

May 14, 2009 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  68. Amy

NOOOOOO!!! It should have been Kris- he is not even in the same league as Adam and Danny and Allison.

May 14, 2009 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  69. tangyt

I am ready to buy Danny's CD when it comes out but I would never buy anything that Adam puts out or even let my children listen to Adam's music. He is not someone that I want my children to admir.

May 14, 2009 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  70. TERRY BLAIS

I think the talent of these 3 guys are unsurpassed...they are all different in their own right...I know Adam will win...however, Kris is my favorite to win...however...what happened last night with the last act should never have happened...putting Adam's name on her cape...if this isn't rigged or what...I hope Kris is the last one standing...he is unique...Adam has a great voice...he is very talented...but let's face it...he is a plant...he is all over the internet he has been on broadway...his racey photos on the internet didn't seem to come out to the surface like Miss California...hmmmmmmm....I wonder why...Kris you have my votes & my admiration...all 3 of you will go far...enjoy...Adam...you are awesome...enjoy your fame...but this was not a fare competition...the last show had to be ROCK...Hmmmmmm Danny didn't have a chance...love you all...i enjoyed the season very much...the talent was great...

May 14, 2009 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  71. Amy

They said lastnight that there were only 1 million votes separating the top 2, so I think people are definitely voting for Adam. The week he was in the bottom 3 really freaked a lot of his fans out, I'm sure. Kris has come a LONG way. I've been an Adam fan from his audition (even when he skipped down the street with his purse afterwards, haha), but I can honestly say I don't care now who wins. Kris has a lot of talent!!

May 14, 2009 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  72. maxie

i cant believe u guys people in america !i think this all happenning for a lot of dummy voters i love american idol but i get really upset that danny gokey went out.as u can see obiuosly danny gokey is better than kris hellooooo whats with u guys your some kind of frekazoid that u let danny gokey going home hes the best singer.i dont mind if he dont win but he deserve to be on top 2 he really deserve that hes a lot better than kris. voters listener are sucks you stick that to your ears ill become to hate to watch american idol coz really unfair for choosing the best idol.adam lambert is great but he deserve at least to have a good one vs.like danny gokey!! dont worry danny your the best and everyone knows that your a lot better than kris he also knew that!!anyway goodluck to you go go danny go and p.s still miss you anoop desai u guys are my idols anoop desai,danny gokey,and adam lambert

May 14, 2009 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  73. Tom

Kris should have been out of this weeks ago. Adam, Danny and Allison we're by far the best three. There is nothing memorable about kri's performances. There wasn't a week that went by that I even remembered his name from the previous one.

But then again, this is America's show so it shouldn't be a surprise that when Adam's lifestyle choices came out, a lot of you stopped voting for him....

Way to show your true colors America.

May 14, 2009 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  74. Elizabeth

Danny, I thought that you were one of the most outstanding American Idol contestants ever in the history of the show. I was terribly disappointed last night. You are on of the best ever and I wish you all of the luck and success in your career that is going to be outstanding I am quite sure.

May 14, 2009 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  75. dawn c

All you whiners – wake up and clean out your ears. Close your eyes and listen to the singing when Adam did Mad world there was no screaming and it was perfect pitch as always. Pay attention to the details of the voices next week. Forget all the other crap!Kris – Heartless was original and amazing! Listen America – they both deserve to be there even if they are not your type they are talented. Remember next week close your eyes and listen to the voices!

May 14, 2009 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  76. hannah

for Grand Nagus: Are we not allowed to get wrapped up in and talk about something FUN once a week, or must we all be maudlin 24/7/365?
    If you don't like it, don't watch. Just go on being a dirge, and let the rest of us have fun every Tuesday/Wed and get our minds off all the crap going on in the country.
    Lighten up, for crying out loud!
    IDOL ROCKS!!! And so does Adam Lambert

May 14, 2009 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  77. Brad

Adam is a one trick pony. How many songs on one CD can have a screaming-with-your-tongue-sticking-out moment? He's Broadway material at best.

May 14, 2009 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  78. Rob

The show must go on... but without the real talent – Danny. The final, as it played out last night was a set up for Adam, Chris was selected to face Adam in the final because Adam is so popular and everyone knows cannot beat Danny face to face. Danny has the pure voice and in a signing competition, his vocals reign supreme. Adam has the talent to be a true rock star, the falceto voice and screaming but not the tone or control danny has. The Idol final would have been a landmark ratings bonanza with Danny vs Adam but in every competition there is a favorite and true to the sense of the word, Adam is the favorite in Simon's eyes... well in all four of the judges eyes. I, along with many of our friends will be doing something else next week since the winner has already been crowned. Good job Adam! We hope you have a great career and tahnk Simon often....

May 14, 2009 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  79. Carol Wike

Sad to see Danny go. Kris has a following, but Danny has the better voice and talent.

May 14, 2009 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  80. H

BOB S

YOU ARE SICK WHEN WITH YOUR STATEMENT ABOUT DANNY'S WIFE. YOU ARE A DISGRACE.

May 14, 2009 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  81. Amy

Miss u already, Danny!!! Keep the faith!!! Sing some Dave Matthews...Now u cansing some Danny Goeke!!! Love u!

May 14, 2009 at 6:02 am | Report abuse |
  82. Susan

I am a 55 yo music lover and I have to say that its my opinion that Adam Lambert is one of the most vocally & musically talented –as well as– charasmatic performers I have ever seen in my life. Although I am very fond of both Danny and Kris – and feel they are wonderfully talented young men, I do not feel they are as talented as Adam. And I do not feel that AI or the judges on the show have tried to showcase Adam....they have only allowed him his freedom, as they do all contestants, in which to showcase his talent. He chose the back drops, music and drama. It's just that Adam has a superior knowledge in what to put out there. I am a Christian...I cried when Danny left....but truly, I have to say that Adam deserves to win based on talent. If anything, I think the runner up has more freedom to launch his career than the winner......and sometimes I feel that - if Adam has actually been the focus - it is to have American respond to the alternate contestant with a sympathy vote.....and oust Adam. It would probably be the best thing for him for he would have the freedom to go in the music direction of his choice. And he will certainly reach stardom –whether he is the AI or the runner up. If there is a downside in all this for me....it will be that I may not enjoy AI as much as I have in the past.....because Adam has set the bar so high I think the show will be quite boring for me in the future.

May 14, 2009 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |
  83. oscar bacani jr.

the judges should have given the top three (3) another chance to show their superb performance, but in this case, may the best man win between the top two (2) idols. thanks for the entertainment.

May 14, 2009 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
  84. Joe Dugan

The only reason Kris is still on American Idol is all the tweens voting sometimes over a hundred times. They seem to like his "boyish good looks". Still I predict Danny will be another Clay and out shine the top two.

May 14, 2009 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  85. Nyla

I still felt shocked. Danny should be the one who made it to the finale. Along with Adam. I think Kris can sing, but Danny and Adam are the most consistent contestant in this competition.
    Hopefully Danny will rise in future.

Adam, you have my vote!

May 14, 2009 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  86. Andy

Idol should allow 1 vote per phone number..that way the teeny boppers with their cell phones can't vote for the next Jonas Brother 300 times each...the fact is if you think this is a singing competition you are out of your mind..its a "who is the cutest" for the teen girls contest..Kris is good, but don't we have enough Gavin DeGraw and Jason Mraz types in the industry? Gokey had a soul voice..a voice right out of 60's Motown..we need more of that..when he comes on the radio you will know its him..when Kris comes on you will think its 10 other people..Adam will make it in an 80's hair band or on broadway..he has pipes but not for mainstream America..and Idol should start showing the vote totals so we can see for ourselves ask yourself "why don't they show us the vote percentages"? NO REASON NOT TO UNLESS THEY DON'T WANT AMERICA TO SEE..if you don't think they can put who they want there you are nuts..who would know? They realize everyone expected a Gokey-Lambert final..can't get rid o0f Lambert or everyone would know the fix was in..so get rid of Gokey and now you have the "David vs. Goliath" matchup they wanted..and don't be suprised with a little vote manipulation if you get an "upset" next week..

May 14, 2009 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
  87. Mark

Danny was robbed!! Superficial America strikes again. The Cute Guy beats the Talented Artist! The best pure singer is voted off-such a shame!
    Adam and Danny were clearly in a class above the rest the last 3 months week after week. One good song by Kris and here come the votes-shameful.
    After watching Danny's lengthy interview on AI Extra, he seems happy to have lost. He said he was relieved on 2 different occassions and could not name a part of the experience he'll miss when asked by the host. The cynics have clearly gotten to him- but he is a tremendous individual....
    Good luck Danny and much success!!

May 14, 2009 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
  88. Jennifer_TX

It's unfortunate that Danny was voted off, I guess the force is just too strong with the teen-ies voting (or texting). But as past idol shows have shown us, it definitely doesn't matter if you win the show ... if you have the talent (which Danny has) you'll make it either way.

I wish Danny the best of luck in his endeavors and I will be supporting him.

May 14, 2009 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
  89. thatsallfolks

It's odd that so many people seem to think Danny is relevant in the current music world. He can sing for sure - he's got a very good voice. But he's not relevant! Every single song he performed on Idol was at least 25 years old! If I ever see any of Danny's music on the charts, it'll be on the Contemporary Christian or Gospel charts. NOT on the rock/pop charts .I don't think Danny has a clue about what's current in terms of music. He tends to shout his way through uptempo songs and he picks some very cheesy ballads. He's going to need someone to really work with him on song choice and style if he wants to become relevant beyond the christian/gospel music scene.

Kris, on the other hand, isn't as strong of a singer, but is WAY more current and relevant. He understands how to change things up to make the songs current, interesting and fit his style. And he plays multiple instruments - he's an actual musician, rather than just a singer. That will help him in his career.

Adam? Well he can definitely sing and he makes some very interesting choices with the way he changes up songs. He tens to e a little OTT and the shrieking needs to be toned down a little. But he's memorable.It'll be interesting to learn what kind of CD he puts out.

May 14, 2009 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  90. Christians4Adam

Wow...I love Adam's music, but now realize that I was actually voting, vehemently AGAINST Danny (poor sweet man) because of his STUPID FANS and all of their childish, mean and immoral behavior toward "the outcast." I am one of those Christians who acts like one, you see...Now I get to listen to the music. That behavior, Danny Fans, does not win – it alienates.

May 14, 2009 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  91. Jason

Newman:
    Kris is every bit as talented as Adam. Did you see Adam play an instrument? Did he do his own arrangements?
    You did notice Kris played a piano AND guitar last night, right?
    He isn't a broadway performer, but he is a real life musician.
    Based on pure vocals I think Allen is way more current. I mean 80's hair metal has already been done, and I don't see much of it racing up the charts these days.

May 14, 2009 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  92. Rmary

I do enjoy Kris cause he sounds like Kenny Loggins to me and I love KL but it was always Danny who had my vote/heart/support.
    All of the 5 finalists were very talented but nobody's voice evoked emotion in me like Danny. I hope he makes inspirational and even Christian or gospel music but whatever he makes, I will buy, which is a rare comment for me to make about any Amer Idol contestant.
    So far I have only ever purchased Daughtry and David Cook from AI.
    I do feel that with Abdul's terrible song pick follwed by Danny's own terrible song pick, it put danny at a major disadvantage going into the semifinal tonight. 😦 Too bad.

May 14, 2009 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  93. dakota

it really should have been danny and adam as the final two. they deseerved it. kris sings great yes, but not a better singer then adam or danny. why couldn"t people see that? thats scary. i guess the old saying is true, some peoples taste is only in there mouth.

May 14, 2009 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  94. leelee

I lost faith in the show when not one African-American Male made the cut in the last couple of contests this season and last season. People are MAD to think that group does not have a chance, can't make albums and money for AI–JUDGES ALL FOUR OF THEM ARE SO DOPE AND UNFAIR TO AMERICA and to the African-American community.

May 14, 2009 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  95. leelee

May 14, 2009 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  96. marie park

just like america got it wrong with electing obama, they got it wrong again with danny being voted off, there is no way, kris allen can outsing or perform danny . whats wrong with americans ears? all i can say if adam lambert isn't the next american idol, americans need hearing aids.

May 14, 2009 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  97. Randy

Danny going is not a bad thing in the end. I do believe him and Adam were the most deserving of being in the finals based on vocal ability but there has always been an element of a popularity contest when it comes to idol. Danny was / is a worship leader at his church in Wisconsin, now that he is gone a Christian label will snap him up and he will be able to make the type of album he really wants to. If he had won he'd have to do what the Fox / 19 records producers wanted him to do. SO, in the end this is a very good thing for his career.

May 14, 2009 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  98. Katie

Next week I will vote for the most talented contestant – Kris. Adam's screaming and screeching each week has become tiresome. He's probably a great guy, but he's a one-trick pony. Sorry to see Danny go. I was hoping for Kris and Danny in the finals.

May 14, 2009 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  99. Scout

I'M A 66 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN A GOKEY FAN WITH MY LUTHERAN UPBRINGING, BUT SORRY, SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY I WOKE UP IN THIS CENTURY AND REALIZED MY BIGOTRY WAS UNCALLED FOR. I HAVE BEEN AN ADAM DIE HARD FAN ALL SEASON AND VOTE SOLIDLY FOR TWO HOURS FOR HIM. I DON'T CARE ABOUT HIS PERSONAL LIFE BUT THAT BOY CAN SING. I HOPE HE TONES DOWN HIS SCREAM FOR THE FINAL AS HE HAS A BEAUTIFUL VOICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE COMMENTED ON HIS NEEDING RELIGION CHECK OUT HIS SINGING FOR RABIN'S FUNERAL. HE WAS BETTER THAN ANY CANTOR I'VE EVER HEARD.

May 14, 2009 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  100. Melinda

I'm so dissapointed by the outcome this evening! Danny by far displayed the most amazing talent in voacals! I believe that Danny has clearly shown the world he is truly the winner of this competition. I'm sorry some of you are talking about concerts? who the hell sits around for those? I want to hear a whole album! Does anyone want to listen to that screaching terradactle Adam for a whole 60 minutes? Idon't think so. Danny has it going on with his Michael MCdonald voice of his! As for kris, he just does not exude the confidence nor the talent! What a Mistake tonight! Simon finally got it right when he said Danny was masterful! Unbelieveable! Just for the record alot of people would want to buy a Danny CD!

May 14, 2009 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  101. Evelyn Moore

Adam Lambert is certainly talented and entertaining; but, seems he already had a entertaining career before competing on
    "American Idol".

Evelyn Moore
    Houston, TX.

May 14, 2009 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  102. Megan

I was shocked by tonight's results. Kris' talent, in my opinion is mediocre (what he was born with/given) and I think that he has used it to the best of his ability and has not gotten great training either. His version of "Apologize" last week was exactly like the original, EXCEPT that he failed to hit the higher notes when the original band would, and I think it is because his voice can not always go there. He did a good job within the range he has, but it didn't blow me away. Lambert is leaps and bounds a better artist than Kris. He is more polished, talented, solid and has a huge range that is controlled. When Simon seemed shocked tonight, I think it was because the "ding dong" next week is going to be a real telling of how much better of an artist/singer/performer Lambert is than Kris when they are up against eachother without Danny in the mix to buffer it, because Danny really is more polished (overall) and musical than Kris. DING DONG, America is going to see how they really sound next to eachother. In my opinion, No comparison.

May 14, 2009 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  103. artista

I think it's Paula's fault! She didn't choose a good/relevant song for Danny! Was it on purpose?

May 14, 2009 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  104. Swiger

Kris should've been voted off weeks ago, after Lil Rounds, but the teenie girls control the votes, unfortunately. My guess is if Kris wins Simon will leave before or after next season and tank Idol as we know it, as he should if Adam doesn't win! I guarantee that Adam will be the highest selling artist ever from American Idol if he continues with rock.

May 14, 2009 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  105. DONE WITH AI

Heres whats gonna happen next week on the finale:
    ADAM will scream through his songs while wearing tight pants & sticking out his tongue the whole time....
    KRIS will be the cute lil pretty boy singing w/ his guitar...Awwww
    AMERICA will vote for KRIS and he will be the winner but the people behind the show will ALLOW ADAM to win...
    I mean hello, DANNY went home tonight???? WTF ever! Not gonna be the same w/o cha Dannyboy.... 😦

NO NEED TO WATCH THE SHOW PEOPLE,, TRUST ME!!
    BTW- Kris is spelled KRIS not CHRIS... LOL

May 14, 2009 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  106. randy

I don't understand why people aren't ragging on Paula for picking such a ridiculous song for Danny. I think that cost him the finals. Silly to pick something like that in a vocals comp...especially for his voice and style. He should have sung something like "Use Somebody" from Kings of Leon.

May 14, 2009 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  107. bridgette

Danny lost, because he had the least amount of votes, it wasn't because the whole world and the entire universe were conspiring against him. So Adam got on a magazine cover, big deal. The reason Danny didn't get asked, because he was boring. You take away his story about his wife dying, he would just be another contestant blending into the background. Yes the show did pimp Adam, but they recognized an star in the making. It's all about publicity and making money off their best product, which is Adam Lambert. He's not responsible for what the judges or the show's producers do. He's just there to sing.

May 14, 2009 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  108. Scott

Well, this AI fan thinks America got it ~exactly~ right. Adam's talent cannot be denied (except by those who are so bothered by his sexuality that they refuse to acknowledge talent even when it slaps them in the face) and Kris has been the dark horse with talent, charisma, and heart throughout this entire competition. When Allison left and her fan base had to make a choice, they clearly moved towards the two singers with talent and soul.

Danny is a decent singer, but there is nothing remotely unique about what he does, and frankly I'm sick of being beaten to death with his backstory. Does anybody really believe he would have lasted as long as he did if his wife was still with us? (For those of you living on Pluto, Danny's wife died. Oh, did I mention his wife died? Oh, and by the way, Danny's wife died.)

Next week the two most talented members of the season are going to be going up against each other on state, and while my preference is for Adam, I'll be content with either outcome.

May 14, 2009 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  109. Danny Gokey

Danny is not 20x better than Kris. His story is what got him this far. The judges are fools, he butchered Joe Cocker's song. It was too slow and blocky and his voice is annoying after a couple of songs. I'll admit, I liked him during tryouts, but each week his voice was grating on my nerves. Just like blind dude sounded like James Taylor on crack X 2 since JT was on some major drugs, Gokey sounds like Cocker on crack. Allison and Adam will sell the most records out of this bunch, which has been the best final 10 or so in AI history. Kris is contemporary and should sell a lot too, but Gokey isn't as marketable as those three. you can find a gokey in every large church in America. sorry, just the facts kids.

May 14, 2009 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  110. Dawn

I do feel Paula made a bad song choice for Danny, I don't think he was comfortable with it and it hurt him. It was in very poor taste to let Katy Perry wear that cape, totally disrespectful to Danny and Kris.
    Kris is cute, but not star quality. Danny is real, America got it wrong!

May 14, 2009 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  111. Jules

I have not liked Adam since day one. My one true wish is that all of the Danny fans vote for Kris and put smug. creepy Adam in his place.

May 14, 2009 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  112. Nathan

every year I say "don't get attached to the contestants, it's a popularity contest not a singing contest"...and every year I watch.

Gokey is undoubtably the most talented person this year...but since he's not the "prettiest" adam will win.

May 13, 2009 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Tiffany

#1. HOW IN THE HECK DOES DANNY GET SENT HOME WITH HIM NEVER BEING IN THE BOTTOM,,, EVER!!!! SO HE DIDN'T HAVE THE BEST NIGHT LAST NIGHT,,, FAULT HIS WHOLE SEASON OF SONGS FOR THAT?! OMG!!
    #2. HOW IN THE HECK DID ADAM LAMBERT MAKE THE FINALS WHEN EVERYONE I KNOW CAN'T STAND HIM(AND ONLINERS), SO I NOW KNOW THE SHOW IS RIGGED,RIGGED,RIGGED........
    #3. ALL YOU DANNY FANS~~~ YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR KRIS AND HE WILL BE THE WINNER OF SEASON 8.. O WAIT, NEVERMIND B/C THE SHOW IS RIGGED, SO IT WILL BE ADAM, AKA SCREAMBOY!!!
    ~ I'M DIGUSTED & EVERYONE I KNOW IS DISGUSTED W/ AI NOW!
    GO KRIS GO KRIS GO KRIS GO KRIS GO KRIS GO KRIS GO KRIS

May 13, 2009 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Gretchen S.

I can't believe America booted Danny! If Paula wouldn't have picked such a stupid song for him, maybe he'd had a chance. He was my favorite. Good thing Chris is cute because he should've been gone before Allison was. Adam "should" win but America will probably choose looks over talent and pick Chris, again.

May 13, 2009 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  115. maggie t

Oh Bob you cant back out now!!! you have to suffer with us to the bitter end. we are the good guys, we must stick together

May 13, 2009 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Julie

I couldn't care less who wins now. I won't be watching.

You are incredible, Danny. Your voice is amazing and you will go far. This was a very slanted contest – the judges were biased and made it clear from the beginning who they had picked. And it was very unjustified. Stick with it, Danny. You are the voice that people want to hear when they turn on their radio, not Adam screaming at us.

This will definitely be a situation where the winner is not the one who is successful in the long run.

May 13, 2009 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Lis

Also, it amazes me the hate that oozes out of some posters over a singing competition. The assumptions, accusations, name calling, and hate mongering is so unnecessary. The top 13 in this competition all deserved to be there and deserve respect at the least. The average person will never know how hard they worked and what they overcame to get to the Idol stage. Telling Danny he can go "put flowers on his wife's grave"??? How low is that? Making fun of Kris's mouth when he sings? All the homophobic insults hurled at Adam?? I just don't get it. These people are entertainers. If you don't like their product – don't buy it. But, don't demean them. They all deserve more respect that that.

May 13, 2009 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Shipwreck

Glas to see him go. he was cheesy and there are already too many of his style of cheeseball singers out there as it is. He will have a good career, hopefully on like a Carnical Cruise ship, or somewhere outside of the U.S. where we dont have to listen to his bland crooning.

May 13, 2009 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Ashley

GO KRIS!!!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2009 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Leslie

Thank God. He should have been voted off a long time ago.

May 13, 2009 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Paulina

I like Danny but his last 2 weeks weren't great and while he has a great voice, he's not that memorable and charismatic.

Kris made an amazing play with his better than original rendition of Kanye's "Heartless". He deserves to be in the final - bravo! He won over alot of people with his humble heart and tenacity.

My favourite is Adam, but Kris will win because all of Danny's votes will go to Kris - the nice, sweet, wholesome guy votes.

Adam, I love you but you've been getting a little cocky and all the judges and celebs openly vocally supporting you only helps the underdog, Kris. It doesn't matter tho, you will have an exciting career ahead of you and I can't wait to see what you do next. Thanks for energizing AI this season.

May 13, 2009 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Candy Wilson

It has been a priviledge to watch Danny.. He is what I thought the show was all about....But votes are votes.. the good thing is that America has seen him and I am sure his career will go far.. God Bless You Danny..

May 13, 2009 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Lis

Why is there even a show next week? Why not just name Adam the Idol now? I'm not upset about Adam – I think he's wonderful. I'm upset with Idol. Who let Katy Perry put Adam's name on her cape? That was totally uncalled for. I felt for Danny and Kris as they were sweating it out.... I predict, and again no offense to Adam, that he could fart into the mic next week and still win Idol. I am so disappointed in how the Idol team has handled this season.

May 13, 2009 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Rain

oh jeez, people, all Adam can do is scream. Allison should have been one of the finalists but since the outcome is as pathetic as this, Kris really should win. Adam may be flashy-but that's it. All he can do is scream, and really, he's just trying much too hard. I'm sorry if you people cannot see that. I guess AI is based on popularity now.. ಠ__ಠ

May 13, 2009 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Judy

Good point WIll. Danny had plenty of 'pimping' by the show also. His backstory was covered and brought up all the time. Even Simon said one week that he knew this was very difficult for Danny because of his circumstances and he went on to heap praise on him for that performance. Also when Danny clearly failed a few times they gave him no negative feedback. Danny had a pretty easy go compared to Allison who was faulted every week for personality etc. Danny lost because he lost . Not because of Adam, simply because he wasn't stronger and had some weakness in his performance record.

May 13, 2009 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Lisa

I am sooo sad that Danny did not make it to the finals – but does this mean he can start on his CAREER and his ALBUM sooner – I cannot WAIT til it comes out!!! He is an incredible singer, and fine christian man and not too bad to look at – LOVE his smile and his humility!! GO GO GOKEY!!!

May 13, 2009 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  127. jheany

adam deserve to win, he got the whole package!!!
    Cris voice is not powerful enough...

May 13, 2009 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  128. jose

Danny gets the bronze! Oh well.

All of the top 4 will have long careers, but Kris is definitely the weakest singer of the bunch.

Adam will win easily; there's no contest.

May 13, 2009 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Tia

I LOVED DANNY! He was the best one! They should have voted off that fool, Adam! He's a freak.

May 13, 2009 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Newman

My only concern is that people seem to think that Adam does not deserve their vote based on other factors. He has consistently been the best week after week. Kris Allen cannot be considered in any way a match to Adam. I wish America will vote for the most talented. That means Adam, Kris Allen is not even in the same category.

May 13, 2009 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Rita

This is completely ludicrous! Danny is 20x better than Kris. Yes, he can sing, but he should have been gone weeks ago, definately before
    Allison .

May 13, 2009 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Linda

I believe that it is poor judgement on the part of the judges who continuously tell who they think is the best – it was very biased from the beginning & believe me people do listen to the judges as to who they think is the best – I feel that the only thing that Adam can do well is scream – I for one will no longer be watching that show because of being so unfair to other contestants!!!

May 13, 2009 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Will

Danny was just as promoted as Adam, even in the midst of one mediocre sound alike performance after another hardly a negative word from the judges, finally America woke up though unfortunately a week too late as the only other future star of this year besides Adam Allison was ridiculously voted off.

May 13, 2009 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  134. troy

Yeah! Yeah! the boo hoo wah wah wah feell sorry for me my wilfe died and I'm a good little evangelical christian freak is FINALLY being sent home.

May 13, 2009 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Penny

Dont vote for someone else that is going to end up losing contracts,etc. like Taylor Hicks, Rueben Studdard,etc. Look to see who can sell records and concerts like Underwood. Only one I see – Adam.

May 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Kathy

To all Danny fans, PLEASE cast your vote for Kris next week. He should be our next American Idol and throw all the AI producers/judges pimping of Adam back in their face.

May 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Grand Nagus

Hannah you just made my point it's "entertainment" not NEWS!

May 13, 2009 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  138. DanFan

Danny, I love you. You were robbed. I'll vote for Adam next week cause I really don't want Kris to win.

May 13, 2009 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Kate

While I think Kris has done well. There is no comparison in the talent that Adam has or the success he will have as the winner. I think Kris and Danny will both do well but Adam already seems like a performer.

May 13, 2009 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Judy

Agree Canada, Paula is a Danny fan and wanted him to win over Adam, but, ironically she caused his downfall this week. The results are sooo close and Dannys song picked by Paula did not go over well. It wasn't his type of music. She killed him with her misjudgment.

May 13, 2009 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Bob

Kris is a second rate singer, if 19 Entertainment had any clue, Danny or Alison would have been in the finale. Adam is pretty much guaranteed to win. The so-called originality seems a lot like John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Matt Nathanson and others. Kris Allen seems more like Ryan Cabrera, ask Joe Simpson how that has turned out, Simon. I will not be watching the finale. My only hope is that the "conservative" vote will not hurt Adam, who deserves to win.

May 13, 2009 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Thorne

Hate you Adam haters! Hate! You're cracking me up! Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?

Good luck Kris AND Adam.

May 13, 2009 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  143. M

Is it just me or does Adam singing remind you of a will ferrell sketch? Anyway, Danny was the best.

May 13, 2009 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  144. clipper

How cruel you can be, Bob S. I nvr really cared for Danny’s style but he was good. Idk why but he always made me think of Taylor Hicks. My three favorites this season are Allison, Adam, & Kris. At this point I really don’t care who wins. Just do you best next week fellas.

May 13, 2009 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  145. hannah

To Grend Nagus (whatever that means) It's called "entertainment".
    All I can say is: I'm so glad America finally got it right! Danny and his glasses and corny outfits should have been gone long, long ago. Too bad he saved his best song for last, last night. But seriously: who would ever buy a "Danny Gokey" CD?
    And as for Kris..Adam has more talent in his big toe than Kris will ever have!

May 13, 2009 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Emma

ಠ__ಠ Danny should've been in the top two...

stupid fan girls...AI has become a popularity competition. no one cares if they can sing anymore. i hope to God Kris wins.

May 13, 2009 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  147. GrvK

Why is everybody so against Adam? He delivered every week, mixed it up and took chances. He has the best voice too. Remember Danny's Aerosmith scream (straight out of a horror movie)? Adam showed Danny and America how to really sing a rock-n- roll song – screams and all.

May 13, 2009 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Dawn

Danny deserved to be in the finals. He is truly a great singer with a passion for music. Adam is good but..........to much screaming! Chris is good but I don't think he has the idol personality. DANNY WAS MY CHOICE, I HOPE HE GOES FAR NO MATTER WHAT!!

May 13, 2009 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  149. sick of it

p.s. CAN YOU ALL SPELL KRIS' NAME RIGHT - for those of you who are his fans, it's KRIS, not CHRIS. geez.

May 13, 2009 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Robin Grand Rapids, MI

I hate that Chris made it to the finals. I don't think he was ever better than Danny or even Allison. There is nothing that stands out about his style, like Danny or Adam. I've been a fan since the second season, but really disappointed in this final.

May 13, 2009 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Judy

Regardless of what the judges say, American Idol is Not really a singing contest. It is an "entertainment" competition. There are singing contests in high school music festivals. The singers are marked on their technical skills and delivery, but they are not expected to have stage skills or an entertaining persona or costume etc. That's why Adam is the real deal. He's not meant to sing at small auditorium recitals, he's trained to carry off a large stage show with over-the-top costumes, big bold lighting etc. So not all viewers are looking for a big showmanship artist, but the thing is Adam has those skills and he is ALSO a singer of perfect pure pitch, and tone.

May 13, 2009 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Beverly T

What a shame. Danny is leagues above Kris in singing ability and voice quality. Kris does not deserve to be in the finals. He did not even deserve to be in the top 5. He can't sing. He can't stay on key. His voice goes flat. He has no stage charisma. He will may get a contract but he will be a huge flop on the charts as so many Idol finalists before him.

Obviously the judges were shocked as well that Kris is still in and Simon said it well. Next week's show is no contest and will be boring and total blowout by Adam over the substandard Kris.

What a shame. We could have had a great musical show next week and now it will be a real singer and a pretender who only is in the final because he was better looking to the baby teeny-boppers than Danny.

Danny – we all know you should be in the finals with Adam. Kris knows he is not qualified or deserving and will be a huge disappointment and flop next week.

Adam is the Idol – game over.

May 13, 2009 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Canada loves Adam

America, Canada thinks you got it right....Danny is a great singer but all his stuff starts to sound the same. Kris did Heartless fantastic last night, and in all honesty, this Adam fan thinks his stuff was OK, but not of the same caliber as "Mad World" or "Whole Lotta Love". Let's hope they both bring their best next week. Paula caused Danny his loss because of her poor song choice this week.

May 13, 2009 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  154. alephonsion

Call it coincidence, but when they said Adam's name, I actually had to throw up.

Go Kris!!! You're an vocalist/instrumentalist/musician=winner. I know who you are every time I see and hear you. You will get every single one of my votes and my $$ for your songs.

May 13, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  155. sick of it

i love how people have said they wouldn't want adam as a role model for their kids...yeah, i forgot - it's not good to have a nice, respectable, well mannered, well spoken, hard working kid as a role model. Oh yeah, you're the parents who care about what he does in his bedroom. Do you share THAT with the kids? wow.

May 13, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Earl

S. Callahan... you are correct. Chris is Idol made and will be Idol fade. Best advice i could give Chris is to save your money over the next year. That way it will last you for 10 years. Second bit of advice for Chris get as far away from Idol after your year of the idol tour and hide out for 5 yrs, reinvent yourself only then will you get what you truely are seeking...A career in the music business. Do not allow them to Disney you up.

May 13, 2009 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Polly

Guess this frees up next week for me now. Really don't care who wins. Every song Adams sings sounds the same and Chris goes off key all the time. Danny deserved to win, he is the best singer.

May 13, 2009 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Grand Nagus

Who cares! You know how SICK and TIRED I am over this whole American Idle thing! Fox should just rename themselves "The American Idle" station! And yes I am spelling it IDLE on purpose! It seems that I cannot escape hearing people continually talking about this tripe AS IF IT MATTERS!! It would seem you can't even escape it on CNN.....this is NOT NEWS!!

May 13, 2009 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  159. S Callahan

Wish I had seen Becky's comment before I posted...I agree with her...and Danny will shine!

May 13, 2009 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Robyn

I agree....Katy Perry walking out with the "Lambert Cape" was just crossing the line. Adam has been picked from the beginning to be in the finale....and when Kris was told that he was safe Adam KNEW that he was alright. It makes me sick to see how this played out. Danny has been my number 1 since day 1 and to see him come this far and get sent home is heartbreaking. Danny, you are one class act.....a gentle soul and an enormous talent. God has plans for you my sweet man....may your journey just begin tonight. God Bless and see you in Milwaukee!!!

May 13, 2009 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Bob S

Finally, Danny can go and put flowers on his wife's grave.

May 13, 2009 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  162. CV

Wow I will vote with my money. I will buy Dannys songs off itunes and I will buy His Cd when it drops. I think the Adam Lambert Favor treetment by the judges was So Over the top it made me sick. Yes he can Sing and He's got a great range, but Hes got No soul, Danny has got that in spades. Kris is great and i wish him well, but the Judges lips were and are fixed to Adams butty.I hope they buy his Cd, I wont be.! hes just not for Me. Peace. CV

May 13, 2009 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Judy

So, Danny is going home. He is a nice guy . . . and I’m glad he’s going home. He’s just not my style. Anyway I think the Idol Universe would collapse this year is the Adam star falls from the sky. It won’t be allowed to happen. Anyway the true Danny fans shouldn’t despair he’ll be on the 40 city tour, get an albumn etc. so he’ll have his shot at becoming a professional artist. Adam fans WAKE UP and dial with all 10 fingers next week. The Danny fans could be a danger to Adam. There is nothing predetermined about the final result.

May 13, 2009 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  164. DogTracker

When listening to the "judges" or looking at the embroidered "Adam Lambert" advertisement on the back of an Elvis Cape during tonight's show, one has to wonder if Simon or Fox executives are interested in American opinion.

I think it was incredibly self indulgent to use Simon's terms to allow the plea by Simon to make sure people voted or to allow Adam's name to be embroidered onto Katy Perry's cape. The hype around Adam has reached a fevered pitch "scream" that I would hope some are becoming tired of.

I'd like to suggest that when voting occurs next week that America considers sending a message to Simon and Fox that the deliberate bias needs to stop. There were two other contestants to consider who worked just as hard and deserve their respect as well. The cowtowing just to avoid being labeled as "phobic" is silly. As Randy has said over and over.... "This is a singing contest."

May 13, 2009 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  165. idol fan

I'll preface this by saying I am an Adam fan and always have been, I just think he's a really talented singer/performer. But I've got to hand it to Gokey. He was really classy tonight and sounded great. He went out in a totally great note and will leave a good taste in everyone's mouth. I think he will go on to make some awesome Christian albums which will appeal to a huge audience. Think MercyMe, Newsboys, Jars of Clay, Third Day. I think Danny Gokey has a bright future if he sticks to the genre he knows and loves – it will love him back. Best wishes to you Danny.

(... and YEAH ADAM!!! Good luk next week!)

May 13, 2009 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  166. sb

I agree with Sam, I have felt all season that preferance has been given to Adam by giving him better set surroundings, special effects, better time slots etc. Now tonight, Katy advertises Adam on her cape. The hometown trip for Adam did not even compare to Danny and Kris.
    Danny was the one definately touched by the crowd. What a heart he has. I wish only the best for him and hope his career takes off immediately.

May 13, 2009 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Maribel

I know America has spoken, but they got it wrong... I think Kris is a great singer, but not in the same category as Danny. Congratulations to Kris and Adam...But Danny will always have my vote.He will be a great success with or without American Idol.He has a message to share through his talent and He will continue to do so.I love you Danny.

May 13, 2009 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Ellen

Huh? How did you determine that Adam "beat Danny by a smidge"?? Ryan said at the beginning that "just over one million votes separated the TOP TWO tonight." The order was not announced and clearly the producers recognized the shock value in announcing Kris first. Had they announced Adam first, it would have been anticlimatic. I seriously doubt that means Kris was the highest vote getter.

Having said this, though, KUDOS to Kris for his absolutely amazing performance of Heartless. The finale is going to be awesome!

May 13, 2009 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  169. lin

Glad to see Kris made it. Some of Adam's online photos have affected his chances. Not everyone embraces his lifestyle.

May 13, 2009 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Dave in Altmar

By the way: during the opening, the host stated that the separation between the TOP TWO finishers was very very close. At no point did he state how far behind the third place finisher was. Thus, the claim that Adam beat Danny by a smidge is unsupported by anything that was viewed during the live broadcast...

May 13, 2009 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  171. S Callahan

What happen to what I posted?

Dan should have been in the top two...but no fear...he will sell records.
    And I predict Chris is going to take the finale .....and he'll sell records, toys, dolls...the male Miley Cirus...

May 13, 2009 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  172. krisneedsurvotes

It's time Danny fans to put your votes behind KRIS and have a true american idol, not a pre determined judges idol. Light up the lines next week for KRIS Danninites!!!

May 13, 2009 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Debbie

I think you're wrong about the "smidge". What they said was that less than one million votes separated the TOP two, not the bottom two. Adam deserves to win; I just worry that bigoted America will vote for anyone who opposes him.

May 13, 2009 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Dave in Altmar

American Idol is first and foremost an entertainment vehicle, and it is clear they'll do anything to increase the drama quotient. Thus, "the first one in the finals" is not equivalent to saying "received the most votes". Indeed, the fact that they did not say "Kris was the top vote getter" tends to lead to a presumption that he was not.
    As for Katy Perry: Good grief, she is a horrible "singer". Couldn't wait for her "performance" to end. Yikes!

May 13, 2009 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Welly

Oh yeah: forgot to mention how TOTALLY inappropriate it was for a performer to have one of the contestants name on her person (ie Katy Perry and her cape)!! What the hell was that? I can understand that there is a business machine behind this show, but alreathe dy with the judges going overboard in their fawning over favourites, I thought the name-on-the-cape was just too much. I don't feel confident as a viewer that there is not a constant attempt to sway voters to the will of the powers behind the show itself who will ultimately invest in the Idol's career. Bad AI! You could at least attempt to fool us that the public votes count!

May 13, 2009 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  176. John Q.

America did it RIGHT! Also, to the person who said she wouldn't have her kids look up to Adam as an idol...is that a homophobic comment?!

May 13, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Lily

Becky, I totally agree with you! I am sad to see Danny go, but I know there are great things ahead for him!!
    Now, I will be voting for Kris.

May 13, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Pebs

I could not believe the AMAZING turnouts for Danny and Kris' homecoming for several events each. I heard that Adam's turnout was poor, but I saw it on the show tonight, very insignificant and sad in comparison!!
    I think Adam moving on had to be rigged. What makes me very sad is that the show is rigged at all, whoever wins. I just can't believe that it is not rigged after that. I don't remember as poor a turnout for anyone ever as Adam's was on the video of his homecoming run on the AI show tonight. Just can't believe anything other than something has to be rigged about the voting. AI wants Adam to win.

May 13, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Brandi

This is unreal. I cannot believe Kris was kept, clearly there was a mistake. I know it's b/c the viewing audience is MOSTLY teenagers, so of course they would vote for Kris.

I think America definitely got this wrong.

May 13, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Earl

Best thing for Danny at this point. Chris will not be remembered other than he guy Adam beat. Chris's following ( mostly pre-teen) will not give him the staying power past maybe the 6 month mark. Now i am not saying that Chris is not a great singer, however, he doesn't have the proper age group of fans to allow him to stay relevent. Chris is a Disney star at best. Danny will continue to be relevent for a long time in the Music Industry. Adam has everything to make it in the Music business, however, he be the cause of his own downfall. Good Luck to all of them. You are all American Idols with a lot of heart and guts.

May 13, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  181. sam

I don't care who wins, but I am very disappointed that AI has been so unfair this season. Clearly, they decided a long time ago that Adam is going to be the winner and they have done everything possible to give him an unfair advantage. Allowing him to be pictured alone on magazine covers and constantly giving him the best slot and special surroundings, as well as the judges falling all over him makes it very unfair for the other contestants. He may be a nice guy, but it makes me hope that he does not win just because of those facts.

May 13, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  182. charlotte clubb

He should of won the whole thing, he was my favorite from the start, always gave me goose bumps when he sang...love you Danny look forward to buying your CD that I know you will have.

May 13, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Adamfan

Bye Gorkey...way to go Chris and Adam. Adam all the way!!

May 13, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Charlotte

OMG – I voted for both Kris and Danny this week, and I was surprised it was Danny who went home. What the heck did Simon mean by his closing remarks that next week could be a dingdong? Is that an upset? Is Kris the next idol? I will vote for him several times next week, I am sure. I think Adam is very talented, but for me, he does not have the universal appeal of Danny and Kris. I hope Danny's career takes off. He is adorable!

May 13, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Roy Williams

Ah no, actually Adam didn't beat Danny out by a smidge. What Ryan said was it was very close between the top 2. That would be Kris and Adam

May 13, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  186. John

Danny should have been in the top two with Kris.

May 13, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Becky

I'm going to say the same thing about Danny that I said about Mandessa, I prayed that if winning this competition will cause them to fall away from the Lord, don't let them win. I was so hoping to see Mandessa sing christian music and she is. I so hope that Danny goes in the same direction. They are both great and have alot of talent. I just hope he uses his for the Lord.

May 13, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  188. adam_fan

kris sucks...this show is fixed

May 13, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  189. shorty77

Noooo way !!!! Even the judges were stunned !!! Danny was amazing !!
    Now no one can compete with Adam . Great America Good job

May 13, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  190. KarenB, central Florida

PS, Judy – I think they simply said "the first one safe..." or something like that

May 13, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Layla

WOW. Danny was robbed. He has a fantastic voice, feels his songs/lyrics and completely out sang Kris. If Kris didn't have those "Aww, shucks" cute boyish looks he would have been gone long before. IMHO
    Good luck, Danny!!! LOVE YOU!!

May 13, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Cindy

Danny has been a class act the entire time. I thoroughly enjoyed his performances and attitude! Hoping to a great future for him & his singing!

May 13, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  193. joeyg

Wrong! They said the TOP TWO were close – seperated by 1 million out of 80 million. They said NOTHING about the votes of the third place. PLEASE GET YOUR INFORMATION CORRECT.

May 13, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  194. adam_fan

oh my god im so sick!!!! adam will win of course.....

May 13, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Holly

Well we knew someone had to go home but wish it was Kris and not Danny. He has always had class and can sing but had a bad week last week but oh well. Hope he puts an album out b/c I would buy it in a heart beat.

May 13, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  196. KarenB, central Florida

second week in a row, they "got it wrong again"....
    the last two standing should have been Adam and Danny.

The last 3 should have been Adam, Danny and Allison.

oh well.
    Kris is a nice, cute little fellow with some talent – but he's not major star/a.k.a American Idol material.

May 13, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Judy

Hey, did they actually say that Kris got the most votes. I thought Ryan said 'the first one in the finals is Kris" or something like that. Could they have put the two finalists in "any" order just to keep everyone guessing next week ?

May 13, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  198. julie swetlik

Well I am suprised that Danny didn't make it into the finals...but now I won't feel so bad for missing next weeks show when I am on vacation.

May 13, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  199. Welly

Not surprising. Look at the potential fan base each can bring: Chris brings the swooning young girls, the adult contemporary crowd...just mainstream and nice; Adam brings the edgy, the rockers; Gokey? Hmmm.. I love his singing, but sadly to make it in the entertainment industry you need image as well as voice. He just seems hard to market to me. Very sweet guy, excellent voice, but hard to sell in this image-obsessed world we live in...

May 13, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  200. B

If you read this Danny....make an album. We really will buy it. This frees you up to make YOUR music. Not what others tell you to.

May 13, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Anee

Chris MAY win!!!

May 13, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  202. sb

Very disappointed that AI would allow Katy Perry to come onstage with Adam Lambert printed on her cape. That should not have been allowed and showed extra favor for Adam. This is a shocker night for me. I will truly miss Danny. He deserved to be in the final. He has a heart and passion for music.

May 13, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  203. bkenn

What is a "smidge"? Adam deserves to win by a mile.

May 13, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Julygulf

America got it right!! Danny had a great run and I wish him much success. Go Kris!!!!!!

May 13, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  205. Bob

Looks like Simon's going to get his way and Adam's going to be crowned next week. Then maybe he can go join Reuben and Fantasia on Broadway.

May 13, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Jim

When Katy Perry came out with Adam's name on her cape, that was too much. The judges have said from the beginning that Adam would win, so obviously votes don't count. Adam is definitely not someone I would want my kids looking up to as an Idol.. I won't be watching this show again..Votes don't count..

May 13, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  207. ADT

Yes!!! I'm so glad Gokey is gone. It's gonna be an awesome final!!!!

May 13, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Justin

What a rigged show with Katy Perry in her Adam Sham-bert cape. Danny was real. Go Kris!

May 13, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  209. bridgette

Thank you, thank you, thank you! HAPPY HAPPY DANCE! Gokey is going home. Yes, I believe in miracles. Gokey is going bye-bye!

May 13, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  210. jerry

It should have been 'triangle mouth' Kris.
    dang, another week of Kris' so-called singing.

May 13, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  211. Victor

I couldn't be prouder of this guy...mad props to him. I'll be buying his CD the day it comes out!

May 13, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Meagan

I too am at a loss however, I have always liked Kris. I do not however like Adam as a singer. I think he has a great heart and is probably a sweet kid but he screams his songs, like a girl I might add.

May 13, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Jace

Damn. Good luck in your career Danny!

May 13, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Michael

So Kris got the highest number of votes? That is truly awesome! He is very deserving!! Hooray for the black horse!

May 13, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Carla

this is just not fair!!!!!!!! danny you rock!!!!!!!!! you have a very bright future ahead of you!!!!

May 13, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  216. Judy

Danny is going home. He is a nice guy . . . and I'm glad he's going home. He's just not my style. Anyway I think the Idol Universe would collapse this year is the Adam star falls from the sky. It won't be allowed to happen. Anyway the true Danny fans shouldn't despair he'll be on the 40 city tour, get an albumn etc. so he'll have his shot at becoming a professional artist.

May 13, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  217. Shaiyna

I cried. I was hoping for a Danny/Chris finale. Chris will have my votes next week.

May 13, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |