May 13th, 2009

Top 3: Adam Lambert makes them crazy

Adam looks like he is mixing jailhouse rock with plain ol' rock with the striped shirt and leather.

Adam Lambert

We learn that some chick in San Diego got naked and streaked on stage.

I love that he does the eyeliner of the weather forecaster at the local news station. She probably never looked so good and maybe makeup artist can be his fall-back plan if this "Idol" thing doesn't work out.

Check him out at the theater where he performed as a child. You could tell by the look on his face that speaking with the kids was touching him and the children looked like they were in heaven.

I want to gobble up the little cherub who asked in his baby voice, "How did you get so good at singing and dancing?" He was adorable!

The multigenerational Lambs are in full effect, and Adam's mommy sheds a tear.

Back to Ryan, who lets us know that Adam can also go sit down. Results already please!!!

Filed under: Ryan Seacrest • television

« Previous entry
  1. chris

I may be 58 years old but I think Adam Lambert is absolutely fantastic. He has everything I like in a singer/performer. He's so handsome, terribly sexy and has a great voice. Not to mention the fact that he seems to be a nice young man.

I would love to see him in person. I'd be sitting front row center!

May 19, 2009 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lynne-Montreal

Adam and Chris- wow! one of the absolutely most exciting seasons ever! Both are more than deserving, however, Chris has shown so much that it doesn't have to be about drama, but just being creative.
    Adam- there is no doubt that you are talented, absolutely gorgeous (in an Elvis Presley kind of way!); however, even if you didn't win- you have to KNOW that you are going places!@

Good luck to both of you and looking froward to hearing you on the radio in the future!

May 19, 2009 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jerri

It amazes me when people say Kris is better than Adam. He's totally different than Adam. Yes, he appears to be a nice guy. But, he will be forgotten. Adam is a superstar and a really nice human being. He deserves to win!!!!! It is sad to see how much hate is still in the red states.

May 19, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. OMGAdam

Smaller crowds? Since when does that make a difference? Sure he got smaller crowds...they couldn't fit where he chose to go.

I didn't see Danny or Kris going to their High Schools to perform.
    I didn't see Danny or Kris going to their local radio station.
    I didn't see Danny or Kris going to visit children and inspire them.
    I didn't see Danny or Kris singing the Star Spangled Banner for one of our military bases.

It's quality...not quantity.

May 15, 2009 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  5. Mari Allen

I think Adam Lambert is a great performer. He is spectacular when he is on a stage to perform his awesome voice. He is awesome!

Love him

May 15, 2009 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  6. Louise

I'm shocked that there is still so much hate in the world! It's too bad many people cannot get a real life and stop judging people for what they look like, etc. Adam has been nothing but polite and respectful. He always thanks the people who have helped him ie, the musicians. Adam has been THE reason to watch American Idol this season! It would have been terribly boring without him and no one may ever be able to match the creativity he has brought to the stage. I cannot wait to see what he does each week! Adam has done his time doing theatre and now has the chance to fufill his dreams for a solo career. I, for one, want to thank him for delighting us for the past 11 weeks! Adam...no matter what happens next week... you will always be THE ONLY American Idol for many of us! If you are ever on Cape Cod stop by...we love everyone for who they are!!

May 14, 2009 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Hille Cloney

I would love to hear Adam do some Roy Orbison.

Perhaps Cryin........with his range and wonderful voice!!!OOOOOOOWWWEEEEEEEE!

May 14, 2009 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ry

Of course its a popularity contest as well as a regional-state-city pride contest. At least ADAM is mega 6 octive range talented. No one from California has ever WON idol.

May 14, 2009 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kelli

Only if it's fixed.... Scream On!!!!!!!

May 14, 2009 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. MM

Adam will win....... get over it complainers.

May 14, 2009 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Barbara

Adam doesn't have to win next week. He's already a star. I can't wait to see him in concert (not the Idol tour!)

May 14, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Kelli

Stop comparing Adam to Elvis. He will never come close to causing the sensation of Elvis Presley and only because these kids are shoved down our throats are they as popular as they become. Hype, money and a lot of air time. Let's not forget the Ford and Coke sponsor.
    Put them next to Alycia Keys come on now. ANyone in the industry understand what I am saying.
    Let's be honest about the millions of dollars of promotion and air time that are given to amateur talent. The judges never drolled over Carrie Underwood who proved to be a million dollar baby.
    You have these 45 to 50 year old judges acting like they are the pulse of the recording industry.
    The spirit of this show has changed. We have Paula lipsyncing these crazy whispers of a song, judges giving out the phone number of certain contestants and shocked at the public response. The crowds were obviously smaller for Adam and than other 2 men in their hometowns and I think like Justin Gardini who seemed magical till you hit the real world, Adam will be dropped after his 2 song debut. He'll win, Simon will have it no other way.

May 14, 2009 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Maiden A.I. voyage

Adam SCARES little kids? WHAT? Did you see those kids last night? They were totally in awe of him and not a scared look in the house!

BTW, if having nail polish bothers you, I hate to tell you, but I saw ragged remains of BLUE nailpolish on Kris...(GASP!! OH HORRORS!) It was there on Tuesday night and I saw it again on his hometown video.

BIG, HAIRY DEAL.........................!

May 14, 2009 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Steph

This thing sucks! I love U2 and Simon was so dead wrong to have him sing one of their songs. He sounded like he had just had his testis removed.
    It should have been Danny and Kris. But then again we saw what and who proved popular in the season with Chris Daughtrey.

May 14, 2009 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. anastacia

adam scares little children and if he is soooo great then he could of broken out a long time ago.

vote kris, and we all know adam the emo boy will win with his eye liner, oh well, let him sign away 2 years of his life to the idol monster.

May 14, 2009 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Debbie

No one is in Adam's league vocally, and his androgyny just makes him all the more sexy. People who don't like him are just "white-breads" who can't handle anything different.

May 14, 2009 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  17. t

sucks

May 14, 2009 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Sandy

I'mw ith you all the way, Mary!

May 14, 2009 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Mary

Adam has it all. Talent, talent and more talent. He can sing any song. He is comfortable in his own skin, he can sing rock, ballads, and has great stage presence and confidence. It is sad that people judge others by his nail polish, hair and his private life. I wouldn't have watched AI this season if he wasn't on there, he makes every other idol contestant look like a high school talent show. Kris' fans looked about 13 and they sure didn't showcase his young wife as they did his parents. Danny is good, but, I don't know if he will be another Taylor Hicks.

May 14, 2009 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Sandy

DNR:

You fixate only on the latter part of his life. Family and friends are the best people to have around you and you can hardly say "sponge." If you helped your parents, would you consider that they "sponged" off of you? And I love the way you ignore the good things he did. Again, I will say, you know very little about Elvis or are so jaded you can't see it. Will you deny that he honorably served his country and respected it instead of tearing it down like many of today's celebrities?

Bottom line here is the comparison between Adam and Elvis. Elvis was humble, polite and loved by many. From the interviews he has done, you can see that Adam is humble, polite and loved by many with a brilliant career in his future.

I really don't care who your kids' role models are, quite frankly.

May 14, 2009 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Chloe

Where do [some of you] you people live? Is Adam really that strange looking? Maybe it's time to expand your horizons a little. There's more people that you think, guys, who wear nail polish, leather, black, eyeliner. What decade are you living in? Come to Austin, TX, nobody would blink an eye at Adam other than thinking he was very hot.

And screeching...? I'm the first to admit that there are a few songs he's done that had some elements that were a bit overdone (although on whole, they were great), but have you seen all of his performances? Probably more were reined in an subtle than not.

I'm not surprised that a lot of people prefer the other milk toast performers regurgitating the same pablum dribble from top 40 radio. Do they have talent; certainly. Soul, charisma, attitude – appears not.

It's interesting to read how many "grandmothers" love Adam (along with the scores of others young and old) -apparently Elvis had the same effect on the older ladies. Bottom line Adam exudes confidence, huge sexual energy (he definitely knows how to work that), and the intangible quality that makes people drawn to him – something stars have. People like Adam know how to charm men and women, young and old. Look at his audition tape after he's accepted. He had command of the judges.

(Another factor no one mentions- his height and long legs – he seems to tower over the others. )

I grew up with the music of the 70's and 80's and Adam reminds me of David Johansen of the New York Dolls, Mick, Freddy, Bowie, Roger Daltrey. But, while he definitely maintains a masculinity, he's certainly less "chiseled" that any of these other guys and more modern, whatever that means.

Hope he makes it big and does it right. It's time for someone new like him.

May 14, 2009 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Betty S

I am a huge Adam Lambert fan and have been since day 1. I love his changes to the songs he sings and his performances. In all of the years of watching American Idol I never voted until Tuesday night. I would buy his music in a heartbeat. Oh by the way I'm not a teen I'm 61 years old. Go Adam!! I will vote again for you.

May 14, 2009 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  23. DNR

@Sandy-

Yes, Elvis allowed the people around him to sponge off him. That's not unusual with wealthy drug addicts. Yes, Elvis was rich, supported his family, and was lucky enough to be born with one of the greatest voices ever. He was also depressed, obese, often incoherent, addicted to numerous drugs, and dead at 42. If that's your idea of a role model, great.

May 14, 2009 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  24. t

You will not get my vote. The judges and the media are for you and that s not cool. You will make it one way or another, but not with my vote

May 14, 2009 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Sandy

Dee:

Like it or not, teenagers often are influenced by their friends, peer groups and sports stars or singers. That doesn't mean it has to be to the exclusion of their parents. Being a fan of a celebrity is not necessarily exclusive of family.

May 14, 2009 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Mary

I was AMAZED at how good Adam was with the children. I just know he'll be a great mother someday!

May 14, 2009 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Sharon

Adam is a superstar, no question !! he just has it all !! Chris is a good singer but he will not be able to market his own CD's . Record companies will not money on him - I will bet my money on Adam as he is a sure ace in the hole !! I love his humble ways and is very focused for a very young man. I wish hin all the best !

May 14, 2009 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  28. Angel

I am thrilled that Adam is in the finals and couldn't be happeir. GO ADAM GO ADMAM. Adam is so humble and so genuine, it makes it easy to like him and vote for him too. I can't wait to see what song he will do on Tuesday night. Adam is absolutley cute, and he is so down to earth. Good Luck to both Adam and Kris. Adam is defintely the next American Idol. Adam's homecoming with the children was so heart warming and so Adam. Those children will never forget that day. When the little boy asked the question and just the way Adam answered, just let me know how wonderful and genuine this guy really is. I appreciate his talent a lot. Adam is going to go a long way in this business. VOTE FOR ADAM.

May 14, 2009 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  29. Dee

I agree about the role model comments. NO one should be your kids role model but you. Not a sports star, singer, no one. If you cant do it, you have no one to blame when they turn to a public figure who falls from grace.
    Did anyone bother to listen to Adam sing the Star Spangled Banner when he went home? Toughest song out there to sing. Even David Cook Butchered it when he sang it. Adam did an amazing job. I blame the judges for not asking Adam to tone down the Shreeking. He has the voice and the ability, but they encourage it unfortunately, and that is what could hurt him in the end next week if he doesn't tone it down just a bit. He is a very nice, caring young man with an amazing talent. His facial features and eyes make me think of a young Elvis. Oh, yes, and he was flamboyant in his performances. He was King.

May 14, 2009 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  30. Justin DQ

YES! I am soooooo happy that Adam stays. Guess my votes were count!! I always thought Allison vs. Adam or Danny vs. Adam in the final, but now it's Kris vs. Adam, who knew... I will vote non-stop for Adam again next week. Adam fans, please do too. Adam so deserves to win. Kris is just another Ruben Studdard or Taylor Hicks, who just happen to sing well, but not artists & so boring. Can't wait to next week to see what Adam's going sing for us. GO ADAM!!!

May 14, 2009 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  31. deshi

When you're in the top three, in this case, all three are no less. Each one can have their career take off whether they win or lose. Clarkson, Yamin, Daughtry, Archuleta all did/doing without being winners....so at this point it doesn't matter who wins. Personally, I think Adam Lambert is the winner from a long while ago...if it were me, I'd make that call and be done with AI a long while ago..he's got the looks and artistry to make for a rock artist. Kris looks too generic and Danny more Las Vegas. But Adam looks national, international tour concerts.

May 14, 2009 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  32. Jaime

The turnout may have been smaller for Adam than the others but that is obviously because of the venues chosen by him (or for him?) – his old childhood theatre group, his high school, the marine base. I like to see an American Idol going to places where he might have a personal connection or make an impact. It makes the visit less about him and more about the people he is going to see.

May 14, 2009 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  33. Tee

Adam is the whole package
    He is the best contestant american idol has EVER had!!!
    GO ADAM !!!!!!

May 14, 2009 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  34. Sandy

DNR – Obviously, you don't know much about Elvis.

Elvis had not done anything productive for 20 years??? Do you consider helping others non-productive? The difference here is he didn't blast it all over the news media like these pseudo do-gooders nowadays – Bono, Madonna, Brangelina and the likes of them. He was generous but didn't use it for personal gain with a P.R. machine to throw it in everyone's face. In the 20 years you refer to, he honorably served his country and respected it, putting his very successful career on suspension (likely at great personal monetary loss) in order to do so. He provided a nice home for his parents and extended family and gave many family members, friends and acquaintances jobs. And oh yes . . . he made many people happy by entertaining them. It is sad that he got caught up in drugs but that doesn't make him a bad person or obliterate all the good he did. It makes him human.

May 14, 2009 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  35. Amy

GOOOOOOOO Adam! It doesn't matter what you prefrence is, about men or women, what matters is that you are incredibly talented!!!!!! There are too many "Kris's" around, and not enough "Adams"!!!!!

May 14, 2009 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  36. Barbara

I am confused here. Not sure where all of you who believe Kris to be a far better talent than Adam come from!!!! I'm really not sure what you have been listening to all these weeks. Kris has never been consistent, has never had a great week, has not sang anything great or memorable that I have heard. Maybe my TV has a different speaker system. Not sure if I could listen to anymore bad music on the radio. Without altering Kris' voice in the studio, that is what we will have. Were there any kids over the age of 8-10 in his hometown voting for him???????? Why is everyone stuck at the black eyeliner/nail polish, gay not gay, bi-sexual, not bi-sexual door???? Walk through, take a good look, listen hard.....Adam is a great vocalist, entertaining nice guy. Why does it matter what he wears or who he prefers to be with. Does that have anything to do with his talent, NOOOOOOOOOOO That has absolutely nothing to do with his astonishing talent. You all need to get over yourselves, quit judging, and enjoy the talent that is Adam Lambert. I have been with AI since season 1 and I hope that we don't get another AI who is nothing but crap and I hope next year can top this year. Already looking forward to it.

May 14, 2009 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  37. Lisa

Some people should "look closely" at themselves before attacking someone else. If you dont like Adam's style or sound, so be it. Just say you prefer someone else and explain why without personal attacks. I happen to like Kris and think he is talented. Just like a million other guys with a guitar. Adam is in a league by himself and has a gift that comes along very rarely. I also love the fact that he is a very nice guy, humble, thoughtful, smart, focused. He has undeniable charisma and stage presence. The broad appeal he has is also very rare. Guess he just has IT all. I hope he is ready for the super stardom that awaits him because it is just around the corner.

May 14, 2009 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  38. DNR

@Sandy –

Elvis was dead from a drug overdose at 42 and hadn't done anything productive for almost 20 years before that. And, unlike Lambert, he could really sing. That's what you consider a good role model for kids?

May 14, 2009 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  39. Sandy

I loved the comment from the person regarding the role model, trailer park, etc. And they were so right on top of it . . . too bad many of you can't see beyond the eyeliner and black nail polish. This young man is a superstar and you know what . . . he won't be in black nail polish and eyeliner forever. When Elvis first started, they accused him of being a bad role model. This was a young man who loved his family, went to church and when he became the superstar he was, he was generous beyond comparison to those in need without having it plastered all over the media. Many medical bills and mortgages were paid off thanks to him. So think about before you bum rap Adam. I see all that kindness and generosity in a very talented young man. He's the whole package!

May 14, 2009 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  40. Mariann Pepitone

Adam is not a real diversified vocalist. He has a good voice but he doesn't have that class. Young people like him because the young have always went crazy for singers like him. He is not Elvis or the singers of yesterday who were greater. He will fade away eventually and someone else will take his place in the limelight. Kris and Danny are two very good singers that have class. I am hoping that Adam does not become American Idol.

May 14, 2009 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  41. Kelli

Kris is absolutely adorable. He has that teen idol quality. With the right producers and song and American Idol promotion I believe he has a great chance as an artist. It will be beautiful on the radio.

Adam is very theatrical and he has been steered by judges that screaming these high pitch broadway belts is amazing. When recording in the studio this will pose a real problem. After an hour in concert people will need earplugs. Talk to any vocal coach or ear nose and throat specialist and this guy is headed for trouble. As producers and songwriters I am a little shocked that Simon and Kara think this is Star quality or the way to guide a young artist. What are you going to write lyric, lyric now scream. Imagine that on the radio. In 15 years he will have no voice. I wish them both alot of luck and please Adam if you want to perform for more than a few years ease back and save the voice that God gave you. You don't need to try that hard.

May 14, 2009 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  42. mauna

I am among those who rush home from work on Tuesday to see what Adam will do next. He hits those high notes that noone else can hit. Call it screaming if you like. Here at the end of the finale, maybe we are seeing a little of the same thing with him, but he definately has talent and is an entertainer. None of the other contestants has put on the show that he has. He reminds me of Elvis..I don't care if he is gay, or an alien from Mars. He has what it takes to go all the way. Good luck Adam. I will buy your CD.

May 14, 2009 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  43. Tammy

I think that ratty polyester wig that Lambert wears is the same one that the Incredible Hulk wore on TV back in 70's.

Have you looked closely at that thing?

Nasty!

May 14, 2009 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  44. Wasi

"just sad that it’s not adam & danny in the finale – the 2 most deserving, always consistent and never a bad performance in my opinion."

I take it you missed "Dream on"...

May 14, 2009 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  45. Isaac

Adam's first CD will sell 500,000 copies.

His second CD will sell less than 100,000.

He'll be doing Marriott Dinner Theater in 18 months.

NOBODY can listen to his shrieking for more than five minutes. It's physically impossible.

May 14, 2009 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  46. lsaw

don't ya think adam looks like eric mccormack (will truman from will & grace)? btw, love-love-love adam...always have... he definitely has the 'it' factor...just sad that it's not adam & danny in the finale – the 2 most deserving, always consistent and never a bad performance in my opinion.

May 14, 2009 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  47. Adam fan

Adam is a cross between Elvis and bring sexy back. He is the one to beat and it will be a shame if Kris is the winner.

May 14, 2009 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  48. sheryl

Whether or not Adam "wins" next week, He is already a winner, no matter the outcome. Thanks for a great season adam.You made it fun to watch.Whether or not he is gay has nothing to do with his singing voice. He has been blessed.You are my vote for the next AI.

May 14, 2009 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  49. Pal

Adam is a performer! He is rich and unique when he sings. He has the potential to make a "Beatles" impact on the 21st Century.

May 14, 2009 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  50. Maiden A.I. voyage

Can we stop with the name calling? Come on, GROW UP! Adam has a different look. SO WHAT! Don't judge a book by its cover. Stop stereotyping already!!

The judges' job is to critique. Can they help it if their TRAINED ears hear what we hear, even as untrained laypeople? Of course they are excited about him! He has superstar potential and they know it.

Adam is clearly a STAR! Kris is good, but Adam has the IT factor!

May 14, 2009 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  51. RR...

Emma you can go home to your red state and fly a kyte...get off the Adam Lambert's blog....Adam Lambert is the next American Idol...

May 14, 2009 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  52. Vallary

I think adam has IT factor. He is well spoken, talented, and can proform. Kris just stand there plan, I do like what he did with Heartless song, but is that his only shinning moment? Adam when he comes out it is different everytime. and he proforms, and gives you a show.

May 14, 2009 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  53. Tammy

Adam Lambert is soooooo creepy he makes my skin crawl! He's not a rocker. He's a drama student playing a rocker, wake up. The judges have done him a real injustice along with the audience making him seem better than he is. His screams (every song) are grating and always off despite the predictable gushing of the judges. His winning of this "competition" has been so yawningly predicable from weeks back. Was his name on the back of Katy Perry's cape any more indication.

Screaming, for the sake of screaming doesn't make good music. Also the hired "fans" that wail in the mosh pits ran out its welcome a few seasons back. It's really hokey, obviously scripted and irritating. Its like the laugh track on a real bad show from the 70's. Lot's of people have had enough of this show because they let the real talents get away.

Oh, by the way, the pretense that your phoned in votes are counted and accurately reported is baloney too. This is network programming and marketing. Wake up lemmings.

May 14, 2009 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  54. Meghan

Hannah, HURRAH!!! Excellent post. So good, in fact, that I'm just going to quote you in my own post.

"For the people have said they wouldn’t want Adam as a role model for their kids: you would be the beer-swilling, butt-scratching welfare parents in the trailer parks who are setting the REAL example, right?

Of course, who would want a well-educated, well-mannered, respectful, intelligent, articulate, handsome and talented young man to spoil your plan?
    Ayup and yeeHAH!."

You couldn't have said it better. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Adam!

May 14, 2009 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  55. Cougar4Adam

ADAM!!!!! I am thrilled that he is in the final! Everyone please vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He deserves to win!

May 14, 2009 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  56. Wendy

Yhea for Adam! He's an amazing talent and should win Idol, hands down against Kris. Go Adam Go! Come on America get it right! Adam all the way!

May 14, 2009 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  57. DMC

He has got to win. He is the most talented Idol since the show began. This IS a talent contest..... yes?????? Cut the you know what...
    He is far beyond anything Kris could put out. Kris is acute lounge singer but Adam has the whole package. He is true to his art without a doubt. I have to admit if Adam doesn't win I will not watch next season. And I don't think I will be alone..... Come on there would be no point cause it would prove it is just a popularity contest. P.S. Adam is much sexier & better looking anyway. Real men where eyeliner! GO ADAM!

May 14, 2009 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  58. hannah

Well, I'm just happy we're done watching Dopey Danny floundering around every week! Yech!

May 14, 2009 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  59. Patti Newman

Adam is undeniably the most talented of the three. Anyone who can sing Opera to Rock to Ballads....got my vote. Adam hits notes most opera singers would love to be able to hit and sustain them. WOW!!!!! His personality seems genuine and the going back to where it all began was amazing.
    He worked hard all of his life for this.........I will be the first in line for his first C,D,

May 14, 2009 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  60. Dee

merri, San Diego, a small town? I don't know where you are from but its not small by any means. He didn't have a small turnout. He went to several different places to see people. I do agree. Adam is a star. The shallow people who dont like him because of his so called sexual orientation, eye shadow and so on, will be surprised at how far he is going to go. Kris will fizzle out like some of the other Idol contestants of the past. By the way, those of you who are so sure he is gay, and so what if he may be, you might want to go back and look at Mick Jaggars performances. You would have thought he was gay, but surprise. What about David Bowie, Alice Cooper, Ozzie Osborne, Motley Crew and many others who wore makeup. Shame on you for your extreme shallow way of thinking.

May 14, 2009 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  61. sarah

Love Adam, love him. love him, love him, love him!!!! Will see him at the TOP!!!!!!!

May 14, 2009 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  62. John

Adam is such a great guy. He genuiunely cares about his fans, young and old. Danny let his popularity go straight to his head – with his childish food fight in the mansion, and griping about the bill "Doesn't American Idol pay for this?", and can you believe it when he said to skip the song by Katie Perry and get to the results (even if he thought it, he doesn't have the maturity to politely support the show). But when you see Adam telling a small child that he started young, and kept practicing – he is telling the children that they each can do what he is doing, if they work hard. Kris and Danny both act as though they are "more special" than their fans.

May 14, 2009 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  63. Dunerider

hannah - love it! you're dead on the money. 🙂
    My whole family loves Adam - from my 80 year old straight Italian Catholic parents on down to the grandkids. Everyone agrees - he's got the most natural talent of anyone we've seen on Idol, and there is no place for BIGOTRY in our family. Those are *our* "family values." It's really disturbing that so many judge the man by his appearance and who he loves. So unfair, unkind, and un-Christian.

May 14, 2009 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  64. dawn c

LOL – you said it straight-up Hannah!! When Adam was with those kids you could see it touched his heart and it was inspirational. He was a perfectly decent, respectful role model to them.
    Anyone who can't get past his "image" and see the true talent( when he sings balads ) is the one with a problem. Last time I CHECKED THIS IS AMERICA!! Land of the free, home of the brave and he is both. Be yourself and go after your dream, besides he tones it down out of respect when necessary! Way to go Kris – the guy is another original artist! Should be a very interesting finale! Either way I'll be happy!

May 14, 2009 at 6:58 am | Report abuse |
  65. Joy

I am soooo thrilled Adam made it to the final. This is the first year that I have voted in AI, though I've always watched each season and this will be the first time I will buy a cd made by one of them. Adam, sing with your heart. I hope you do win, but if you don't, you'll still be my favorite. Thank you for sharing your gift with the world.

May 14, 2009 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  66. anastacia

and he is not cute!

May 14, 2009 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |
  67. anastacia

adam needs to go the fudge home! he produces the same result every week, a screamy voice. I can't stand it and I know I am not alone. All of the adam non fans, vote Kris for idol next week!

May 14, 2009 at 4:34 am | Report abuse |
  68. Canuck

I would buy a ticket to an Adam Lambert concert in a heartbeat.
    Go Adam!

May 14, 2009 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  69. Susan Gill

Adam Lambert = a PHENOMENAL talent, richly inspired musician, kind gentleman, professional showman, amazing interpreter with a wonderful multi-faceted and controlled voice!!! THE VERY BEST TO YOU!
    VOTE!!! Don't be lazy. This guy DESERVES to win. Seriously, he is in a different stratosphere than the others. SO VOTE, and support him.
    I have to say, I wish IDOL voting was the same as DWTS. It is really unfair, turning what they always call a "singing" contest into a ridiculous popularity contest. Make the voting fair, already!!!!! But, until they do, there will be 4 hours of voting. VOTE. VOTE SOLID FOR 4 HOURS!!!!

May 14, 2009 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  70. F%#@ AI

Heres whats gonna happen next week on the finale:
    ADAM will scream through his songs while wearing tight pants and sticking out his tongue the whole time.
    KRIS will be the pretty boy singing with his lil guitar. Awwww
    KRIS will be the winner BUT the people behind the show will ALLOW ADAM to win.....

NO NEED TO WATCH/VOTE ,,, TRUST ME!!

~ Missing DANNY already! DANNY will be like DAUGHTRY!

May 14, 2009 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  71. Julia

So happy for Adam. Loved his homecoming footage. He seems so sincere and caring. He was great with the children. I think he wants kids to have a feeling of being accepted and important. Did a great job with the Star Spangled Banner. I'm thrilled. He has my votes. All two hours worth..

May 14, 2009 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  72. LYNNE

Adam has more talent than anybody that has ever set foot on the stage of American Idol at anytime. No one even comes close!

May 14, 2009 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  73. Lola

Adam is a superstar.

May 14, 2009 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  74. Americanidle

I have been an Adam fan from the first performance. Tuesday, for the first time, I listened to Adam without watching his performance. The result amazed me. I didn't like it! I tried it again on the second song. Same thing. It was such a stunning reversal that I called my sister and asked her if she would also listen to him without watching the performance. She had the same reaction. I then listened to Danny and Kris without watching them perform. They had much better "listenability" than Adam. I would go see Adam in concert but would probably turn the dial if I heard him on the radio. Can't believe I'm writing this. My votes all went to Kris and Danny yesterday. The judges have done everything but hand Adam a sceptor and crown. I think they are making a mistake. He's great to watch but I'm not sure he'll be as commercial as Kris or Danny. We'll see if I have to eat my words.

May 13, 2009 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Kyle

Do not understand the deal with Adam, he's a good singer, don't get me wrong, but the majority of time that high pitch is so annoying!!!! We had Tuesday nights recorded after about 30 seconds of his first song my wife literally fast forwarded through his whole perfomance

May 13, 2009 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  76. joan

You are obviously a tween if you think Kris is good....Adam is the real deal....

May 13, 2009 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Snowball

Love Adam. Hope he wins. What a fabulous and unique talent this guy is.

May 13, 2009 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  78. spiisty

American Idols best season by far, thanks to the top 13. Adam made it exciting to watch, bringing his best to the stage each week. He is very talented , entertaining , creative and a great looking guy. Can't wait to hear your first album. Go Adam !

May 13, 2009 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Wanda

Why is this guy still in here? He's a one hit wonder

bbbbbb....BORING!!!

May 13, 2009 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  80. merri

I thought it was painfully obvious that the turnout for Adam's "homecoming" was much smaller than for the other two. I'm guessing this is primarily a small town vs. big city thing, but it made me very nervous for Adam (I'm a fan). He also seemed the most comfortable with all the attention – he's already a star and knows it.

May 13, 2009 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Tarheel

I was a huge Danny Gokey fan from the beginning and that was even before hearing all the sentimental stuff. But, there's no denying the amazing talent that Adam Lambert has got. Some say he just screams but that's just crazy. I guarantee that I'm not the only one that mainly tunes in to see what Adam will sing each week. Looking forward to the final. Should be great.

May 13, 2009 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  82. hannah

Ayup and yeeHAH!.

May 13, 2009 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Tracy G

Adam has a hold on me... and my mother. She is 68 years old and for mother's day I bought her American Idol Tour tickets. It was almost like watching a teenager when she realized what the tickets were on Mother's Day! I'm so happy Adam is in the finals!

May 13, 2009 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  84. cynrivet

adam lambert = tired vegas lounge act, tired cruise ship lounge act, off-broadway productions of cats... or off,off-broadway productions of cabaret, ala liza minelli.

May 13, 2009 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Terri C

This season has to be the best and it's all thanks to Adam!! I couldn't wait to tune in week after week just to see what he would do. His rendition of Black And White is fabulous and better than the original! No matter what happens next week, Adam will do great in his career.

May 13, 2009 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  86. bridgette

I love Adam, but unfortuantely for him, Kris is probably going to get the majority of Danny's fans if they vote. But it's going to be fun next week, because two of the nicest guys are competing and having fun for the AI title. I can't wait, it's going to be a exciting way to end the season.

May 13, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  87. janet

Adam is the best singer, performer and star material. He will make it farther than anyone no matter if he wins next week or not. Alicia will also make it to the top. I think Chris will just fall by the wayside.

May 13, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Tripper

Adam I am so happy for you! Another Tuesday to look forward to. I will miss watching you after that. You deserve all the success in the world.. you've worked hard to get this far but this is IT!! Love ya.

May 13, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Tack

Adam should win it all. I look forward to his perfomance every week. I honestly can't think of a single song Kris sang during the competition.

May 13, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Emma

blech. goth who wears black nail polish, and can't even SING. go home, Adam!!

..he BETTER not win. Kris is way better than him. stupid fan girls. >.< it's bad enough he got Danny home. how did the kid even make it this far? he should've been kicked off when he did "Ring of Fire". terrible. just. terrible.

May 13, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  91. facslady

Danny need not worry. He's going places. He can really sing..He's got soul. But he did break my heart tonight. I could tell he was singing to his wife.

May 13, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Slainte

Wonder why it matters if he's gay?? He seems like a really nice guy who has amazing talent and has worked hard for it. Good for you Adam!!

May 13, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Thorne

Now I can just watch the finale confident in being happy for whomever wins. I have been an Adam fan since day one, but Kris has really grown on me with songs like "She Works Hard For the Money" and his awesome take on "Heartless" last night. Both of them have more individuality and creativity in their pinky fingers than Danny, though he can admittedly sing in his own uninspired way.

May the best man win. I fully suspect an Adam backlash, but since I like Kris too, I'll be fine with either.

No more smarminess and we can get back to the competition at hand. So where's the Adam/Danny conspiracy theorists now? hmmm?

May 13, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Chris

This is it, this is the last season I will ever watch AI. I now believe that it is a popularity contest and no longer a talent contest. I hope your are happy America!!!!!!!

May 13, 2009 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  95. anthony

Congrats gay goth guy.

May 13, 2009 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Slainte

He sang the National Anthem great!!!

May 13, 2009 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Bonnie

I think Danny just might go home..

May 13, 2009 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  98. joan

Adam seems to be a well grounded young man....

May 13, 2009 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Bonnie

OMGGGGGG..I'm am so nervous.....but excited to death

May 13, 2009 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  100. kelly

the neat thing about the top four contestants is their ability to really be geniune. so often, performers seem out of touch with their public. these kids really love and appreciate where they came from.

May 13, 2009 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |