May 12th, 2009

French perfection on 'Dancing'

Four couples are left on “Dancing With the Stars” and each has die-hard fans.

But no matter who you are rooting for, the standout celebrity appears to be actor Gilles Marini.

The French native has been wowing audiences with his good looks and great dancing skills since the start of the competition. He’s also received consistent praise from the judges and last night was no exception.

Marini and his professional dancing partner Cheryl Burke got perfect scores for both of their dances of the evening. Judge Carrie Ann Inaba called his waltz “breathtaking” and Bruno Tonioli compared him to a matinee idol.

But perhaps the biggest compliment came from often hard-to-please judge Len Goodman after Marini danced the salsa. “I wish I had an 11 paddle,” Goodman said. (Judges can each give a maximum score of 10 for a dance.)

Marini is truly a pleasure to watch on the dance floor and he’ll likely make it to the finals, so the question now is: Who will be his main rival for the mirrored ball trophy?

Both Melissa Rycroft and Shawn Johnson did well last night. Ty Murray is enormously likable and he’s improved a lot, but will he be finally eliminated tonight?

Tell us what you think.

Post by: ,
Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. nan

i love gilles marini he should have won dancing with the stars no one can do the paso doble any better than gilles

September 21, 2009 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sandae

I LOVE Melissa. All you haters are just jealous!

May 12, 2009 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Virgil Ray

I love watching the show. I think either Shawn or Gilles should take home the trophy. Both of them have done exceptionally well. In my opinion if your a no show you gotta go, so Melissa should have been eliminated a couple of weeks ago when she could not dance because of her "injury". Besides, she came into the competition having had a lifetime of dance training. If there were a prize for most improved dancer it certainly would be Ty. He "cowboy's up" and gives 100% every time. I do enjoy watching Ty and Chelsie...he is a classy guy, does his best and she is a charming, talented dancer and teacher. So, I hope Melissa gets eliminated this week.

May 12, 2009 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. SilentFAN of DWS

LISTEN HERE!

The judges have made up their minds and blindly looked past errors with Cheryl and Gilles' footwork right before their eyes in the first dance last night.

Ty is like able and MOST improved, but should have been sent home last week. ALL along f Gilles, Melissa, and Li'L Kim gave much better performances and I'll bid Shawn well for bringing it each week for she is cute.

As for Cheryl Burke, I'd like to see her NOT win another. That girl is so moody, pouty, and deserved the heat she took in the off-season for letting herself go, as well as the heat from other pros. She just wants to gloat and hang all over whomever she gets assigned.

GET OVER YOURSELF Cheryl!
    You DID NOT have to work that hard with Gilles, as did your fellow pros with their assigned stars.

May 12, 2009 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. I'mjustsayin'

My picks are
    Giles first for the win most definely!
    if not Giles then Shawn for the win
    if not Shawn then
    No one!
    Ty, sorry honey.
    Melissa, go home!
    Just go home!

May 12, 2009 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. deb

I think Gilles should be the winner with Melissa coming in second. I agree with the poster who can't understand what all the vitriol is about regarding Melissa. I haven't seen any "whining" at all. She has a "bubbly" type personality and people see or "judge" that as fake or phony. Geez, people, get a grip. One person makes a comment about her so-called whining and everyone jumps on that bandwagon. I personally don't see what all the hoopla is over Ty. He seems like a nice enough person but kind of dull. Shawn is a sweet girl and has definitely improved her dancing skills over the weeks but she seems inexperienced in life (she IS young, afterall) and it shows in the dancing.

May 12, 2009 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Caitlyn Young

I think the final two should be shawn and gilles. With gilles taking home the trophy. Gilles deserves to win,he is clearly the best dancer of the two. Shawn is much improved and has a lot more maturity about her. I can't wait to see their freestyle dances.

May 12, 2009 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Carol W.

Gilles and Shawn should be in the finals, but I wouldn't mind seeing Ty there. Ty may not be the greatest dancer, but his improvement from the beginning of the contest is amazing, and that is part of what the show is about. Melissa is technically almost perfect, but she lacks pizzazz and personality. Last night she looked mechanical. I don't think anyone can say anything else about Ty looking robotic.

May 12, 2009 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Patty

Kevin, I agree with you completely about Ty....He should win the trophy!!

May 12, 2009 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. jeannee

I really like Ty...and he is a gentleman...a typical cowboy and does the job...and I enjoy watching him dance...the improvement has been wonderful to watch...Shawn likewise has been a charmer that has overcome the obstacles of a gymnast's body style and being young to capture our hearts with her valiant effort...I am not so enamored with Melissa...she was thrust onto the show...and has done okay...I think she may be a little overconfident...and she has a nice body...but full accolades to Cheryl for bringing the sexy( he can't help his good looks) Giles to the forefront with her ability to teach and bring the best out in his dancing..whether it is her choreography or his ability to do as she asks of him ...he has become my favorite to watch...and I look forward to seeing what they come up with new each week. My vote is for Cheryl as a teacher and Gile as her student.

May 12, 2009 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Patty

I agree with SouthernBelle

May 12, 2009 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Kevin

Ty should stay! He's the epitomy of what the show is about...about trying and improving but not neccessarily be the best dancer. The others are too skilled...

TY SHOULD WIN THE WHOLE THING!!!

May 12, 2009 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Shirley

I am not sure we are watching the same show..Melissa's choreography is not complicated at all..her ballroom dances all look the same...Shawn and Giles have way more complicated choreography

May 12, 2009 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  14. nort0216

Whoa...I don't understand where the vitriol is coming for Melissa. She is not to blame for ABC exploiting the Bachelor mess. She was brought in as a last second replacement (I am sure she does not claim to be a star so why are some of you criticizing her for that?).
    As far as her dancing, if you paid attention to the elements that Tony puts into their dances you would see that they are more complex and quite different each week. And she handles them and easily keeps up with Tony. How the judges can say that her dance was not joyful enough is beyond me. After this show is over I would not be surprised to see her career blossom.
    As for Gilles...Cheryl has designed dances for him that mask his problems with footwork. He has a problem staying with her on moves and, like last night, seemed a beat behind her for part of the dance.
    And Shawn...cute little thing but on too many of her dances she seems to be standing flat-footed and, like last night, the difference between Mark's moves and hers make them appear to be an odd couple.

Ty is...Ty. Tyme to go.

May 12, 2009 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jan

As much as I like Ty, Chuck should be in the semi-finals instead of Ty. While we admire Ty's perserverance and improvement, he cannot perform the latin dances at all but can do ballroom somewhat. His hard work and dedication is to be applauded but it's not fair to cheat someone who is a better dancer. Sadly, people vote on personality. I would not be disappoinated with Gilles or Shawn. Melissa should have gone after her injury-another example of unfairness to those are are not injured. Steve O was given other chances also because of injury but that is unfair and he was beyond terrible. I agree with who ever wrote they would love to see Queen Latifah. My wish list would be any of the Good Morning America Cast-I love all of them and Chris Cuomo, he could get jiggy with it I have no doubt.

May 12, 2009 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  16. kdmos

I thought this was a dance competition, not a popularity contest. There is no way Lil' Kim should have gone home last week and Ty is still left standing. Ty should definitely go home tonight, it's not cute anymore! I refused to watch last night and I hear I missed a wonderful performance by Gilles. The final two couples should definitely be Gilles and Shawn and Gilles should take home trophy.

May 12, 2009 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Patricia Greene

It is time for Ty to go home,he should have been off the show
    and please stop telling him he can dance,this is why he is still
    on the show.I want tony to win this is his year.

. Thanks pat

May 12, 2009 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  18. amanda

I love how all of you don't like Melissa because you say she "whines" when the only whining I have seen has come non-stop from Shawn because she can't get the steps, every clip they show she whines about this or that, stomps her foot or gets frustrated. THERE is your whiner.

I want Melissa or Gilles to win I think they have been the best dancers this season but they have also had their own obstacles to overcome.

GO MELISSA and GILLES!!!

May 12, 2009 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jenn

I like everyone on the show but I'm really tired of hearing how Ty can't dance... We all know he can't dance.... but neither could Emmet Smith and he took it all... because he had the charisma, he got better over the season and he had a fan base to vote him to win it.... I would love for Shawn to win but all in all, this is a popularity contest . Giles and Shawn should be the two big winners making it to the end but we'll see how it plays out.... Good luck to all the contestants!!! I'll be watching no matter who makes it!

May 12, 2009 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Marie-Philippe

Gilles est superbe!

May 12, 2009 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Paula

Gilles was not as perfect as the judges said he was last night. I think they are just trying to persuade the people to vote for him. I saw his mistakes. Like one person said, he stood still for a lot of both dances even though the second dance was better than the first.

My vote is for Shawn, I sure don't know what the judges see but I did not see what they said was wrong with her dancing. As far as Ty, he is so cute and he has been very persistant and if he wins it will because of all his cowboy fans. He shouldn't but you never know how the fans are going to react.

May 12, 2009 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Trish

I'd like to see Shawn and Gilles make it to the finals, with Gilles taking the grand prize. He is a remarkable dancer to watch and makes the heart skip many a beat...

May 12, 2009 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  23. S Callahan

I was mesmerized with Giles dancing...had no idea he was the student of the crowd.....I would just love to dance with that man..he can move..along with passion and grace ...I can't see anyone topping him and Cheryl. That was a sight to be seen! Awesome!

Cowboy may go..but his persistence is too be admired...and from the looks of things he gained lots of coordination..so his teacher did well with him.

May 12, 2009 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Debi

Melissa needs to go

May 12, 2009 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Chuck

It is a shame the clock is running out. I think if Shawn were given 2 more weeks she would overcome Gilles. I hope Mark comes up with a terrific dance for Shawn next week; so at least if she doesn't win, she can place second.

May 12, 2009 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Marcia

I think its time for TONY to win, he has a great dance partner in Melissa.

May 12, 2009 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Don

Haven't you folks figured this out yet??? Melissa is going to win this thing. Why? Cause the producers at ABC will have it no other way. She was a major draw for viewers to the show this season. Not to mention, she tends to get the sympathy vote from any woman out there that ever got jilted by a guy like she did on the Bachelor. They are throwing her a meatball. She is a former Cowboys cheerleader which means she has the dancing others may not. She should have been voted off the show the week that she was injured. The sooner she gets voted the show and makes that million dollar deal to appear naked in playboy, the better off things will be. I am totally pulling for Cheryl Burke and her partner!!

May 12, 2009 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Marissa

Gilles is fantastic – fantastique! et merveilleuse!!!!!!! He should definitely win.

May 12, 2009 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Jane

I know Ty is not a dancer but there is something about him that keeps you cheering him on. The final 3 will be Gilles, Melissa & Shawn. I think Gilles will take it & make Cheryl a 3 time winner.

May 12, 2009 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Robin

For those of you who say this is a dance competition and Ty should go – get real. This a fan-based competion as much as it is a judges scoring competition. Melissa should have been gone when she couldn't dance – but who kept her in? the fans – so get a grip

May 12, 2009 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Carl

Since the first or second week I thought 1st, 2nd, 3rd would go to Giles, Melissa, and Shawn in that order. After a few more weeks, I figured Lil Kim had a good shot at bumping Shawn off of third. Certainly she should have been in the final four. I don't approve of the popularity contest aspect of the show...encouraged by the fact that they show the phone numbers and open the phone lines as soon as you've seen the FIRST dance of the night! Obviously if they expected you to REALLY judge the dancing, you'd have to wait until you'd seen all the dancing! I think Giles is normally great, but I thought Melissa's quick step was the best dance last night, and I was also pleasantly surprised at Ty's samba (which I was dreading).

May 12, 2009 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Carol

Well, the most improved dancer is TY, but the best dancer is Giles.
    Both Shawn and Melissa should be good because of their background. Both of them are great but I think they had an advantage over Ty and Giles. It really doesn't matter who wins because at this point they have all worked so hard and they are winners already.

May 12, 2009 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Helen

Melissa needs to go as she is such a phony. Gilles should definitely win this. The only reason Chuck and Julianne lost was some people felt sorry for Melissa with a injury? Didn't appear to have anything wrong with her the next week.

May 12, 2009 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Connie L

I think Shawn should win, as she has been letter-perfect for weeks, and does more difficult maneuvers, but unfortunately her physical stature works against her. She's petite and compact, and it's somewhat easier for the taller contestants to produce lines that are pleasing to the eye. Her work ethic, determination, and attention to detail are all first rate. Gilles is a strong second-best. A previous poster remarked that Melissa's dances all look the same, and I think that's a good observation.

May 12, 2009 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Tami

Gilles and Cheryl are my favorites of all time! He is so very sexy and has the moves! Cheryl has taught him well! Shawn is my second choice...she's cute and has really matured through the competition. Ty deserves kudos for his improvement. Who would have thought a cowboy could or would do what he has done! Jewel must be very proud of him! Melissa...she has to go. I agree she whines way too much!

May 12, 2009 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  36. SouthernBelle

I think the one thing we forget – each week we are asked to vote for the one "who we want to see remain in the competition". That means who do you enjoy dancing. Not necessarily the "best dancer". So all the negative stuff about Ty should go away. HE IS A TRUE JOY to watch. Give him a break

May 12, 2009 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Sue

Please send Melissa home....I'm not sure how she qualifies as a "star"

May 12, 2009 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  38. amy

ty is definitely a cutie but not not a dancer, melissa is going down hill and her routines are not as difficult as the other two, i think they are catering to her injury, shawn is great but a little to young , and then there is giles who is just an all around hottie and superb dancer, he is my winner!!!!

May 12, 2009 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Prince

Cheryl Burkeand Gilles Marini are the best of the rest, hands down. The thing about Gilles is that rather than rest on his sexy looks and film bites from Sex and the City, this man–a non-dancer by his admission–has turned Dancing with the Stars into a one-man, one-woman show. If Gilles and Cheryl do not win it will be a travesty. They are both super stars. I predict he will become another Cary Grant; he is funny and he has the looks to stay in films for a long, long time. If I were Gilles I would go back to France and star in cinema francaise.

May 12, 2009 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  40. Mayleen

We all agree Gilles knows how to move. He should win!
    Ty needs to go home tonight. Fair is fair. He has a huge heart and really gave it his all but he really can't dance.

May 12, 2009 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  41. JAN

GO GILLES AND CHERYL

May 12, 2009 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  42. Jeff

Oh, please! Gilles did his best Ricky Martin impression last night. All he did was shimmy and shake his asset. But, it will be him and Melissa. They are the most TV-friendly. I would like to see Ty in the finals myself. He is the most improved and most likeable. If I have to hear about Melissa's Bachelor debacle one more time......

May 12, 2009 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  43. PssttCmere

To lcw: ballroom dancing is not about cuban "movements". There is a certain criteria they must meet and it isn't about "street" salsa. From the ballroom dancing perspective, he made all the right moves.

As for Gilles "rise and falls".......they were just fine or Len would have been the first to rip him apart. Ty is stiff and does just okay. Gilles has elegance and grace, Ty does not, cute as he is.

May 12, 2009 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  44. Susan

It has truly been an exciting season. Ty has so improved, is fun to watch, and tries so hard. But a dancer he is NOT. Melissa is such a cry-baby and really does not appear to do many varying steps....always the same performance and not as smooth and accomplished as Giles. Shawn is my favorite and I vote for her every week.......she has come so far from the stiff little gymnast that she must be to win gold medals to a slithe, technical and maturing before our eyes dancer. Last night she was wonderful......in my eyes. Out with Ty and Melissa !!!!!!

May 12, 2009 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  45. Shirley

Since it is a dancing contest..dancing wise Ty should go home..unfortunately it isn't based on personality because I think Melissa then would leave..kind of a phony...I am hoping for a Shawn and Giles final, with the best freestyle winning!

May 12, 2009 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  46. ricardo

Tyler go back to rodeo. You did your best but cannot be in the finals.

May 12, 2009 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  47. Andi

I would love to see Queen Latifa in the next season. How about Valarie Bertinelli, Gayle King, One of the guys from The Doctors, Ted Danson, Whoopie Goldberg, Sam Elliott, older sexy guys...just my wish list....

May 12, 2009 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  48. Andi

If the title is to go to most improved, the winner should be Ty. However, it would be hard to pick a winner from the top three couples, which is why Ty might just pull out a surprise win. I like Shawn and Melissa with Gille third. All three are excellent. So whomever wins, well done.

May 12, 2009 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  49. Jacqueline Pierce

Gilles Marini should be the winner. He is just simply the best dancer in the competition. He deserves to win.

May 12, 2009 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  50. Deejay

I think there is no doubt in my mind that Gilles is the consummate performer and encompasses everything that a true dancer needs to have – amazing footwork, musicality, sexiness, precision, excitement, charm and above all , a wonderful personality. And with Cheryl (the nicest professional dancer) as his partner, I think they are a lethal combination. Melissa is an amazing dancer but she lacks the warmth and personality that is essential to get the whole experience. She also has a definite edge over Gilles in that she is professionallly trained and yet, he comes out on top because he exudes genuineness (if that is a word!). Ty is adorable but he cant be compared on any platform but rodeo with the other 3 dancers. I love him but its time he left to ensure that this competition is finally about the ability to dance and not just personality. I hope its a Shawn -Gilles final because then it is really going to be all about the fan base as we know both are great dancers....Go Gilles...

May 12, 2009 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  51. Pam

I believe it will come down to Giles and Melissa – they are the 2 best of what is left – Shawn is good – but something is missing – Ty is just Ty – a great guy!

Granted most improved since week one is Melissa- Ty – and Shawn – so who is to say!

The vote is up to america – and you never know!

I'd be happy with Giles, Melissa or Shawn

May 12, 2009 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  52. Suzie

My thoughts are your thoughts about this dancing competition but you
    want to know whats most applealing about Gilles is his humble look
    he has in his eyes!! and besides that he is so darn cute.....then theres
    Ty hes just a good old cowboy and that is appealing in and of its self...
    but for dancing ouch.....it will be interesting tonight to see what happens because you never know how the voting will go......

May 12, 2009 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  53. simplyred

Gilles versatility as a dancer (as well as his incredible good looks) definitely gets him my votes each Monday night. He is such a joy to watch and he seems to get such pleasure out of working hard and performing well. Definitely a winner.

May 12, 2009 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  54. Kay

Sadly I have to say it's time for Ty to go. He is truly loveable but this IS a dance competition. When I saw Melinssa dance as the first couple last night, I thought wow, she is the best. But when I saw Gilles dance later, I KNEW he was the BEST. Beside his good looks and sexiness, he is the ULTIMATE smooth, precise, exciting dancer. He & Cheryl (what's not to like about her???) truly do take me away on a fantasy. Lovely to watch at whatever dance they do!

May 12, 2009 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  55. Mo

Anybody but Melissa. I truly cannot stand her. Only reason she's there is because a guy broke up with her (duh- that's what engagements are for and of course things were different once the camers stopped rolling.). Stacy Keibler, the wrestler from a past season, was also trained in ballet and cheered for the Baltimore Ravens but all Melissa did was whine about how ballroom is different. I'd like to see Shawn Johnson in the final or even Ty Murray, but most of all anybody but Melissa. And I definitely want Gilles and Cheryl to win!!

May 12, 2009 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  56. barb

The finals are for good dancers-not "likable" personalities-Ty has to go!

May 12, 2009 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  57. stephanie willis

Gilles is by far the all-around best dancer and of course, is a hottie. But more than that he has a wonderful personality, which just makes him all the more appealing.
    Melissa is technically good but lacks that something extra – maybe she is a little too cheerleady. Shawn is a joy to watch and Ty is just the cutest, funniest guy! He has improved so much, and , no, he is not a great dancer and should not be in the finals, but he certainly is a stand-up guy.
    I would like to see Shawn and Mark face off against Cheryl and Gilles, with Gilles winning the trophy.

May 12, 2009 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  58. Debbie

Yes, Ty is very likable, and there's no doubt that he has come a very long way from week one. It has been terrific to see how far out of his comfort zone he could come, but I believe he's reached the end. I, like most of America, was stunned when he made it past last week's elimination. Fans, it's great to see your support for Ty, the man, but it's time to use your votes for the dancers.

I believe that the ultimate showdown will be between Melissa and Gilles, but it's really hard to say which one will prevail. I am leaning toward Gilles, though, because he seems to have better control of his footwork – and we all know how Len feels about footwork. Melissa improved greatly this week, but I'm not sure she can sustain it. It will certainly be an exciting final!

May 12, 2009 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  59. M Kaye

Ty needs to go!!

May 12, 2009 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  60. NormaJean of Brownsville, TX

Gilles was perfect last night!! He will make it to the finals!! Poor Ty!! I like his demeanor and applaud his effort. But, he will leave tonight.

May 12, 2009 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  61. jheron

Please, please, get rid of Ty. He can do steps. He can do lifts. But he can't dance – there is a difference you know.

In the end, this is a dance competition. Voting off Lil Kim last week was ridiculous. Let's not make it worse. Let Ty go home to his bulls.

May 12, 2009 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  62. rose

I think the top two should be Shawn and Gils. They have different styles but have been consistently the best. They have the hardest choreography to learn and are the most entertaining to watch. Shawn has matured so much doing 'Dancing' and she has been delightful to watch.
    Melissa should have gone a long time ago. She does the same dance every week, only to different music, and I am tired of her whining. Ty seems like a nice guy and he has gotten better, but has not progressed enough to be in the finals.

May 12, 2009 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  63. Barbara

I think Gilles Marini deserves to be the winner. He has been consistently on top of the heap, and is a fantastic dancer. If the fans will vote for the best qualified contestant, he will win hands down. Cheryl Burke has always been one of my favorites, so a third crown for her would be awesome.

May 12, 2009 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  64. Lulu

I LOVE GILLES. HE AND CHERYL SHOULD BE IN THE FINALS!

May 12, 2009 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  65. Didier

Gilles est tres magnifique!!!

May 12, 2009 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  66. Roberta

It is past time for Ty to go home. He is extremely likable but that does not equate with capable. Shawn, Melissa, and Gilles are so much better than Ty.

May 12, 2009 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  67. Malori

i think it will be between shawn and marini.

May 12, 2009 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  68. Dennis McMillan

Hi
    Last night on Dancing with the Stars here in Utah, We saw the Marissa story about growing up in Dallas twice, then our screen went white and Ty's childhood came on. When Ty started his final dance, we only saw about a 3rd of it and then they were standing in front of the judges. We did not see the whole dance here in St. George, Utah. I wonder if the whole west coast had the same problem. I can find nothing in the papers about the incident. I talked to people in Iowa who see the show and hour before we do and they said there no problems. What's up?
    Denny

May 12, 2009 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  69. marie balle

I think that Shawn is so cute and really does well, but you can't take it away from Gilles and Cheryl they are the best so they should win....no one can beat them.....at least that is what I think......this year is the best year so far, some years, some of the dancers could not dance at all, but this year, it is truly a great competition, they are all great....the one that should be elimianted tonite would be the cowboy........thanks..

May 12, 2009 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  70. LCW

I normally love to watch Giles, but I'm sorry, his salsa was lacking. He had very little cuban motion, and most of the dance was him standing in one place posturing. Plus the waltz was boring, and his rise and fall was not the best. Seems the judges have picked their winner, but not based on those dances.

Surprisingly, the best rise and fall this season was the cowboy. He had a solid top line and his rise and fall looked natural. OK, he messed up on the tricks, but the hard part, the part Giles didn't do well, Ty did very well. His frame was rock solid.

That said, I exepct Giles will win the trophy and Ty will be eliminated tonight.

May 12, 2009 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  71. Toni

please send Ty home....enough is enough with him already!!!

May 12, 2009 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  72. Diana Lappan

Yes Ty should go tonight! He should have gone last week! As likeable as he is he is NO DANCER! Keep the ones that can dance.

May 12, 2009 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |