May 6th, 2009

Top 4: The one going home is ...

** SPOILER ALERT: Wednesday night’s blog reveals the contestant leaving the show. Do not visit this entry of the blog if you do not want to know the results. **

Allison Iraheta

The remaining three are center stage and the second person safe is ... Adam.

Well, duh!

We are down to the final two, Allison and Danny, and the person going home is ... the little rocker chick!!!

Awwwww, the last girl standing is no more. She sings "Cry Baby" again and cries a little.

Hold your head up high, Allison, because you left your mark on "AI!"

Filed under: television

1. John

Allison,

Hold your head up high. your better than at least two that are left and also better than some that have already won in past years. You have a future in the business and I myself look forward to hearing more from you. I already have my tickets to see you in Columbus, OH!!!!

May 13, 2009 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. noway

If you are asked and accused of something you are not or never did and defend yourself by just smiling and changing the subject sure sounds as if what you are accused of is the truth.

May 12, 2009 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sandy

We'll certainly be hearing a lot more from Allison . . . and I will be right there waiting . . . but I certainly hope not like that dork Daughtry. He's a bore.

May 12, 2009 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Edward Scott

When Allison and Adam did Slow Ride that was the ultimate performance next to Adams' Whole Lotta Love. Really hoping they do some more.
    Ed

May 12, 2009 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  5. INGA

I HAVE ON IDEA WHO IS COUNTING THE VOTES FOR AMERICAL IDOL BUT I DO BELIEVE LAST WEEK'S ELIMINATION OF ALLISON IRAHETA WAS DUE TO A MISCOUNT. DANNY GOKEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO BE ELIMINATED. SMELLS LIKE FISH TO ME!

May 9, 2009 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Maxrunner

Allison could clearly outsing the Frog and the Choir guy.

This leaves the door wide open for Adam.

Once again, the best singer is not always kept on the show.....

I think this will be my last season of being an Idol fan.

The show is starting to fade, everything appears to be scripted , therefore the originality is fading fast.

I will certainly by an "Allison" CD , the others except Adam won't even be around , they will fade like the wind......

May 8, 2009 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Annie

Yes, she should hold her head up high. She has a powerful and good voice and she will definitely go far. Hoping she does a duet with Adam, think they rock. If you looked at Danny's face especially and even Kris, they know it wasn't the right call. Young teeny boppers need to vote for talent not cuteness.

May 8, 2009 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  8. Qwer

Eventually the show down will be Between Danny and Adam,,,Kris is just an obstacle

May 8, 2009 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  9. scoots

it so should have been danny or kris. allison rocked...almost as much as adam, who clearly should be the winner if talent reigned over phone calls.

May 8, 2009 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  10. Jackie

I think they are all outstanding and frankly woul dhave been shocked no matter who was let go. America speaks. No one should be let go just because of one off night. Hence, Kris and Danny are still golden.
    It will be a cying shame if Adam doesn't win the whole thing though as he is clearly so far above anyone ever on the show. His talent absolutly astounds me and I'm an old lady!

May 7, 2009 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Rebecca

WHAT??? this is crazy!!!!!!!! KRIS SHOULD BE OUT!!!!!
    and then danny.................

May 7, 2009 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. me

I think they got the final 4 right at least, and I could see any one of them winning. I am sad to see Allison leave. I really wish she would have sang some Pat Benatar or Joan Jett. That would have rocked!

The only thing I don't like about the final 3 is Adam's screaching. Don't get me wrong, I think he is the best singer by far, and is completely amazing. However, the screeching... holy hell I want to cut my eardrums out of my head with rusty razorblades every time he gets to that point. Kudos to Danny for his imitation of Adam's screeching. I laughed my arse off!

May 7, 2009 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  13. pakean3

sad, very sad. I cried when she sang Cry Baby. Awesome! Is America tone deaf? Adam can hit high notes, he screeches at times. I am a hardcore Zep fan, even knocked at Plant's door in Birminghan a few years ago.. Hated Adam at some points of the song. He screeched mid way and then came back to what Slash had advised him to do.. Gokey was the worse of the night. Kris was uninspiring with Aerosmith's version of the Beatles song. Adam is all broadway, theatrics to me. Nothing against him, his version of Gary Jules version of Mad World was terrible. I give up.. Disappointing. Oh Simon, by the way, Adam was a bad copy of Zep, Allison did justice to Janis...To say that was not a copy of Zep, WHAT??? The band was awesome even though they did miss some important slides on guitar..

May 7, 2009 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. BLACKEYEDPEA

danny will not sell albums, I guarantee it. he's there because it's a sympathy thing re: his late wife.

May 7, 2009 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jim black

Anyone who thinks that Danny or Chris has a better voice than Allison is just isimply gnorant when it comes to talent. Chris has more talent than Gokey and cllearly to the most casual observer, Allison is much better-not comparison-than either of these two guys. The chances that Allison will have a super recording career after Idol.are odds on. Chris will have some success but Danny? No way!. He will not be a record seller, he will not have a good recording careeer and his singing talent is very limited. Adam stands heads and shoulders above Chris and Danny, and I don't just mean his 6'2" frame to their limited stature. Adam is clearly the best talent that has ever been on Idol, bar none. Danny needs to make an exit and quickly and get back to leading his local church choir, where his talent is appropriately placed.

May 7, 2009 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Richard

I'll be the first in line to buy Allison's first CD ... just like I was to buy Leona's Lewis. Both these girls can sing. First CD I bought – my wife usually buys these things (El Divo etc) Although the three finalists can "sing" their sound isn't gonna get any money out'ta my pocket. My wife is so so on the boys. I like Adam (really wild) though I doubt I would buy his CD. Allison ... any time you're visiting Ottawa look us up and you'll have a place to stay (like you'll need it) eh!

May 7, 2009 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  17. DLB

Allison was awesome, I would like to know the break down of how many votes each got. That little girl sang her heart out! Danny should have been gone. I keep hearing that you have to vote for how they have done in the past as well. This doesn't make sense to me because people are voting each week. You could see Allison grow as a performer each and every week. Adam will win I think they didn't want a showdown between two rocker's who had an awesome duet. It is sad very sad for Allison but she has a hell of a career ahead of her, can't wait unti her first album I'll be the first in line!

May 7, 2009 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  18. WS

Now it's the boys club! Love it! And KRIS is SAFE!

May 7, 2009 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  19. surrenda

Gokey!!! Gokey!!! Gokey!!!
    All you Danny haters are shaking in your boots because you know that he can sing better than Adam. Allison doesn't sing with clarity half the time you can barely understand what she is saying. So it was only right that she goes home. Hopefully screaming Adam is next!!!

May 7, 2009 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Jason Madsen

that was a big surprise..i really thought that danny should of gone home on idol, he in my opinion hasn't worked as hard, but the fans have voted!

May 7, 2009 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  21. TJ in Tally

If AI were truly just about the singing we would hear on the radio. Kris and Danny, regardless of how talented they are, seem like so many other contestants that have walked across that stage. Adam and Allison have appeal because they are not cookie cutter contestants and they put on a good show. So no matter how everyone tries to say this is a singing competition the fact is that what we see influences how we feel about the contestants.

Would I pay to go see Danny or Kris in concert? Nope. Would I pay to see Adam or Allison? Absolutely. They are performers. Would I buy one of Adam's albums? Probably not but I would buy one of Allison's. And I would possibly buy one of Kris' or Danny's. So who should be the winner?

May 7, 2009 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Jane

What are the chances of Adam picking Dream On next week, no doubt he would nail it.

May 7, 2009 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Jane

As talented as Adam is, it is not a forgone conclusion that he has this season won. I wish that were the case, but sadly there are idiots in this country that will do everything they can to keep Adam from winning because he is not a clean cut, boring, no personality, conformist like Danny, even if he has more talent in one finger than Danny has in his entire body.

May 7, 2009 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  24. michelle johnson

I can't BELIEVE the judges used their save already......THIS WAS THE MOMENT IT NEEDED TO BE USED.....I think that she was far better than ANYONE left......yes....even Adam.....and just watching their duet....she was the only one left to give him any competition.....Yup...the judges played this one WAY WRONG!

May 7, 2009 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Willis

Oh, and for Mr No No Doubt, Adam does not make me uncomfortable....the fact that he will win based on his appearance by the multitude of 15 year old and under girls blessed with a cellphone by thier parents who vote for him because they think he's "hot" is what bothers me.

And yes, he screams....its his trademark. He's a one trick pony. Get used to it. His first album will have that in EVERY SINGLE SONG.

May 7, 2009 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Willis

I'm not surprised in the least. Just proves that the millions of voters are voting based on appearance rather than talent.....either that or they have lead ears. Allison was the only choice I really liked the whole season. That being said, get ready America for Adam, your Idol winner. I'm pretty sure we'll see him in a VH1 One Hit Wonder episide in the near future. I'm done with the show.

May 7, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Matt

Allison got screwed! America got it wrong.....another Daugherty. Show just got boring......Allison was 1A and Adam was 1B. Danny distant third and Kris way the hell back. Adam just won season 8.

May 7, 2009 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  28. mukazzi

All of the boo-hooing, teeth-gnashing, fingers-gnarling of the final outcome. No matter how many screaming people there are in the theater, the contestants are singing ONLY for 4 people. Allison's Tuesday night performance was not up to par; "Cry, Baby" seemed to be all chorus sung the same way. Her duet with Adam was better because she knows how good he is, and there were a couple of times where she 'tapped' him on the head to remind him she's there to win.

Now...compare her performance on Tuesday to how she sounded last night: it was the clear difference in just singing words and SINGING A SONG! Chalk it up to performance anxiety and how far you are in the competition. By this time, the remaining four have seen tens of other contestants be eliminated and the level of emotions that are expressed. By the time you get six remaining, emotions are still expressed, but the anxiety of waiting is gone; it's as if they've been holding their breath for days. Allison said she chose "Cry, Baby" because she could identify with the lyrics; last night, she wore it like a coat of many colors and worked the **** out of that song. Her swansong performance (only to the AI stage) was that of a seasoned pro who had been doing tours for years.

She's a personable young lady with pipes that -if properly managed- will have a career that will send wannabe women rockers back to drum machines and voice modulators (hint, hint, Paula). Allison, just please finish high school because there are people who are going to SNATCH YOU UP BEFORE THE AI TOUR IS OVER!

May 7, 2009 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Sea Siren

So sad to see Allison go, I love her. She was my second favorite after Adam. I really hope that she keeps performing because at the age of 17 she has more talent than more than have of the people performing out there. Go Allison!!!

May 7, 2009 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Alex

Yeah i am glad Allison went home she sucked...the next needs to be Adam all he does is sreams!!!!!

May 7, 2009 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Francis

I have to comment on the whole Adam is the gay liberal idol and Danny is the religious conservative idol. Please people, get a grip. I have yet to hear Danny or Adam say anything negative against anyone. If anything, they've seem to genuinely get along and support each other and the other contestants. Too bad the rest of America can't follow suit. Just because Danny was a youth minister and Adam is gay really doesn't matter much, people. Vote for the best singer and leave your prejudices out of it. As a gay guy from Milwaukee, I really like both of them. The bitterness I read from both sides is pretty awful.

May 7, 2009 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Allison

Love this season's show. Allison was great! Go ADAM!

May 7, 2009 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Harley

Not the first year I've done this, but I won't watch AI anymore this season, and not because I thought Allison should have won. I can't believe that Gokey has gotten enough votes every week to keep him in the competition. I think Adam should win, although I'm not at all sure he'll be the Rock God that Kara has proclaimed him. Every so often the "voting" angers me enough to stop watching, and last night was the night for me. Gokey's getting a free pass was borderline acceptable until this week's performance and a win over Allison.

May 7, 2009 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  34. GateKeeper

So it ain't sooo.. Allison was the youngest with the least experience who has out shined the remainding three. I was pushing for her from the start. She should not have been booted before Danny, who is nothing other than a gospel singer, and i bet your bottom dollar that is where he will end up.

ADAM why is he still there? Can someone PLEASE tell me, he is the most undiverse one left of the group, he has preforme the SAME tactic in songs from the beginning (rocky horror show would luv to have him as part of their cast for the stag play> Adam is no american idol, I had it down to Allsion and Kris..the most diverse of the group and why they HAVE last as long as they have..BUT DANNY? you got to be kidding me..should have been long gone!

May 7, 2009 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  35. JonJon

Sad to see Allison go! Now if Adam doesn't win you know this show is rigged.

May 7, 2009 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Aaron

Cute boys are able to get the 'teenie bopper' girls to vote over and over (and over). Cute (young) girls are not going to get the same type of person that will call 500 times in one nite! Ok, we all voted for her...but how many of us voted for her more than once or twice? That is the difference here (and why Kris and Danny are still in it).
    THEY ALL ROCKED! This has easily been my favorite year for this show!

May 7, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  37. carol chaddon

i think Karoke Gokey should have gone – Gokey is like Taylor Hicks – forgetful – I would like to see another duet by Adam and Allison – that would be great – Allison has already won – Like Daughtre she will have a great career – Tried to vote for an hour and could not get through – I think they should change to allowing the judges doing all of the voting because they do not limit the voting to 1 vote per person – if you want to call 1,000 times for your favorite you can

May 7, 2009 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  38. MB

VOTEFORTHEWORSE is giving Danny his votes.

May 7, 2009 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  39. Marita

We cannot get it right!! We got it wrong with Obama and now with Allison. Chris should have been gone long time ago. He has been saved by all the teenagers voting for him.....

May 7, 2009 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  40. sc

I am a fan of Kris......I was so happy when he got to stay. I think Adam should go.....he'll make it in broadway with all that make up.

May 7, 2009 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  41. Aaron

Vickie May 7th, 2009 9:43 am ET

Wow! They sent the only person who could really straight-up “sing” home.

============

If you truly believe that you have no business judging the talent of anyone.

May 7, 2009 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  42. Ron

Without a doubt it should have been Chris and/or Danny. In addition to the judges playing good cop bad cop, one can surely question are the votes truly talied or is the show continuing to orchestrate its proceedings. However, lets assume the votes are truly counted, when you have a "Popularity Contest" being run vs. "Purely Talent" I suggest that you remove that one ingredient being the public's vote.

May 7, 2009 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  43. Aaron

Still think your votes count people, think again. They never have, and they never will.

Simon told the world that she was gone and low and behold, she's gone.

May 7, 2009 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  44. Tony

People are funny. As if winning this thing really makes a difference. Just getting this far with all this exposure makes them all winners at point.

It doesn't matter one bit who comes out number one. The actual winner won't be determined until we see who is left standing years from now. The most successful person in the long run could come from anyone who was in the top ten.

I'd be fine had any of the top 5 were to win it. At this point folks are arguing that which really can't be argued–personal taste. None of them "suck."

May 7, 2009 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  45. GR

AI is over for me; at least for this season.

May 7, 2009 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  46. kreestol

I was so shocked to see Allison leave, I do believe she will be a huge star, What was up with Paula Lip (Sinking) gosh, why could she just sing like everyone else, c'mon!

May 7, 2009 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  47. Emily

NO!! It should've been Kris. or Danny. Seriously.. this is like season 8's Daughty elimination.

May 7, 2009 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  48. BellaBlu

Be strong Allison! We all love you and want more!

This is NOT THE END!

although it is the end of me watching AI this year.....

May 7, 2009 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  49. Bella

Every week we watch AI just to see Allison perform. Adam does entretain us but when Allison sings it's magic even when she hits the wrong notes sometimes. She is one of the few singers I would listen to again and again-Thanks to my DVR- eventhough she does not have an album(she will soon).
    Love you Allison and I Love you Allison yoou are my AI winner for 2009.
    We will all miss you.
    I know now that at least one less family that will not watch the show next week.

May 7, 2009 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  50. John

A shame to see Allison go. She had a ton of talent. I will say this, however: I have never seen a top 4 this strong on Idol in 8 seasons of watching the show. I really think that you could have taken Allison, Kris, or Danny (the 3 I don't think will beat Adam), and placed them in another season and won the whole thing. (With the exception of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood). I know it sounds cliche, but this really was the most talented bunch, as a whole, that Idol has ever had. As far as Danny is concerned, the guy had been money all season long up until 1 risky air ball on Tuesday. Kris, I truly believe, is getting by with all the tweener votes. He hasn't really done it for me all season long. At least Allison, Adam, and Danny have had performances that I've remembered (i.e. Danny's Rascal Flatts song, Adams Tears For Fears performance, etc...) I truly think Kris goes home next, or deserves to. That is unless Danny stumbles 2 weeks in a row...

May 7, 2009 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  51. Vickie

Wow! They sent the only person who could really straight-up "sing" home.

May 7, 2009 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  52. JB

I agree with Leo. I expected Kris to go last night followed by Danny next week, leaving Allison and Adam in the finals. Based on pure talent, that's the way it should have been. Allison will be a star! At least now she can go home and finish high school!

May 7, 2009 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  53. paul

At this stage, any of the top ten have a chance to make a successful career in the music business. They need to committe themselves to hard work, a smart strategy and finding a venue that allows them to capitalize on their talent. I think Adam is good but limited in what he can offer, Danny needs to find his nitch, Kris is perhaps the most talented in standards, smooth jazz and light rock, plus he has the look of a pop artist. Right now it is all about song selection and performance. Allison made the wrong song choice and assumed she was safe. The voting fans are fickled and don't consider the whole picture, it is more of knee jerk reaction and a devoted fan base. Having a devoted fan base saved Danny.

May 7, 2009 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  54. Marvin Saunders

It should have been Kris. Adam has been solid every week, Danny has been solid every week until this week and Kris is just ok. Not enough rockers watch AI, Chris Daughtry is proof of that! The teenie bopers keep people like Kris on the show and allow real talent like Allison and Daughtry to get voted off. Good luck Allison, Adam and Danny are the only real talent left!!

May 7, 2009 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  55. Thomas

AMERICA WAS WRONG. Adam is a stong contender but Allison Iraheta is truly a ROCK STAR. Whatever...she will go on to be a ROCK STAR without the help of the show. GOOD LUCK Allison!!! Put out a record/album I'll buy it!

May 7, 2009 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  56. Daniel

I'm so sick of hearing about Adam Lambert! He should have never been in the competition to begin with. I hope he does win so he can go the way of so many American Idols before him and never be heard from again. The coveted spot, which will go to Kris Allen, is #2. So yes, I hope Adam Lambert wins and we never hear from him again.

May 7, 2009 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  57. no no doubt

Just based on their most recent performance, Danny or Kris should've gone home, not Allison.

For those who say Adam screeches:
    No, Danny screeched. Now you know the difference.

For those who say Adam should be on broadway:
    Fantasia, Clay, and others have been on AI and done broadway too.
    Other singers and actors have done broadway and had record deals.
    So what's your point?

For those who say Adam's gay:
    So was the incredible singer, Clay Aiken.
    So was Mercury, Elton, George Michael, Halford, etc, etc.
    What's your point?

For those who say Adam's too polished already:
    Daughtry had put out a CD before AI.
    Other AI alumni had been professionals (worked for pay) before going on the show too.
    So, again, nothing new – what's the point?

For those who say Adam's being promoted by the judges:
    They're humans who are expressing their opinions.
    They're judges, not mentors.
    Ryan's job is to be neutral. Not theirs.
    If they like Adam, just like most of America, they're allowed to say so.
    Did you want them to lie to you?

All these excuses have no point. Other successful contestants have been in the exact same circumstances before. This is nothing new. When you're done coming up with lame excuses for hating on Adam, get real and tell us why he makes you uncomfortable.

May 7, 2009 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  58. Leo

Allison and Adam were the only real true talents. The other two are good, but not in their league.

however, doesn't matter. Look at where Daughtrey is compared to the others. By the same token, if Adam wins, he is screwed. Big time.

May 7, 2009 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  59. Sherri

It should have been Kris.

May 7, 2009 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  60. mary

Not fair at all Adam is my favorite but i think kris should of gone or gokey cuz they both suck..adam is goin to win neway. He can't compete with those two......they can't even come close to adam's level.

May 7, 2009 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  61. Amy

I don't think they could've used the save this late. When they saved Matt, they said then that it was either then or the following week.

May 7, 2009 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  62. Woah!

OH Maaaaan! What a sausage fest it is now!

I'm done watching.

Thanks for nothing America.

May 7, 2009 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  63. Russell

I wonder what would have happened if the judges had not used their save earlier. This surely was the time ine the series to tell America " Wrong Choice"

May 7, 2009 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  64. Amy

Sorry to see her go in this week... she really did a lot better than Danny. He was horrendous. Her duet with Adam was GREAT. Unfortunately, I think the fate is decided already for the next American Idol... it really doesn't matter how well people do week-to-week, voters already have their pick. She did sound much better & seemed much more comfortable singing "Cry Baby" lastnight on her last performance. She WILL be like Chris Daughtry in the sense that this is just the beginning for her.

May 7, 2009 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  65. Kindle

I don't see how people think Danny is a good singer.... he is mediocre at best... Kris has been consistent all season.... I think Allison was consistent all season as well.. if ANYONE deserved to go home it was Danny Gokey..... he is the weakest vocally.. I hope America wakes up and votes for the one who is deserving.... because it's sure not Danny.... IMO he has expired....BTW.. it's KRIS.. not CHRIS.... sheesh.

May 7, 2009 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  66. MIKEY

This just shows that America doesn't know talent! It should have been Chris!!!!!

May 7, 2009 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  67. Cheryl

10 years from now Allison will be the only one we remember. I predict she will sell more albums than all of them combined. We will get tired of Adam really quickly, the drama is too much.

May 7, 2009 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  68. Gabe

Do not be surprised! Danny's voters are hard working with the phones and stay silent. And, silence runs deep. Seems I'm the only noisy one!

May 7, 2009 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  69. Larry "O"

Wow, Danny must still be getting the pity votes!. I was hoping it was
    him after totally messing up the Aerosmith song. At least what you call screeching ADAM could of handled that one. I will say that Danny sounded better on the duet though,. Allison has made bad song decisions the whole season but I really wanted her and Adam in the finals. Say what you want but go listen to some Queen, Guns & Roses, David Lee Roth(Van Halen), Aerosmith and others that scream as you call it and the winner is ADAM.

May 7, 2009 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  70. LAW

The weakest singer is Kris – each have a bad night, however, overall the top 3 should be Allison, Adam and Danny – all the young girls are voting for Kris based on his looks, which is totally unfair – most everyone is right though, Allison WILL get a contract as will Danny and Adam – Kris probably will too – his voice is just too weak for me –

May 7, 2009 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  71. Mark

She was by far the best girl on this show. I wanted her to win so badly! I always saw the final two being her & Adam... it completely ruined my night seeing as how i voted for her about 56 times the previous night!

May 7, 2009 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  72. AS

Ok although I like her- her singing sounds like dry heaving. Even so she was still better than Kris- he should have been gone long ago- he's not even in the same league as the others.

May 7, 2009 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  73. Diane Chetta

Allison will be a huge star. My 8 year old grandson Ethan, said there
    are more girls than boys in the world so all the girls should have voted for Allison. You girl!

May 7, 2009 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  74. SANDY

I AM SO UPSET WITH IDOL–WHAT IDIOTS ARE VOTING, BECAUSE THE TEENS ARE VOTING 60 TIMES FOR THE CUTE LITTLE GUY–NOT THE BEST PERFORMER/SINGER . I CAN'T BELIEVE ALLISON IS OFF AND THE OTHER 2 GEEKS ARE STILL ON –AT THIS POINT IF ADAM IS BOOTED I AM DONE WITH IDOL FOR GOOD

May 7, 2009 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  75. Pat

A cryin' shame!! Danny should have been cut, despite what the judges what you to "buy" with their spin. Did anyone else notice the looks and gestures b/w Danny & the judges? Oh well, it's AI. Danny should be gone next week.

May 7, 2009 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  76. riley

The reason Danny should go is because his voice gets annoying. OK, most times his pitch is right, but his damn voice is not easy on the ear over time. At the beginning when they were selling his story, he had some good moments, then the sheeple were hooked, so it's hard to get rid of him. You all have tinted hearing aids on now when listening to him. Kris has mellowed his meth mouth, which early on was very annoying, but it did come back a little Tuesday night. Don't tell me you all don't remember "Meth Mouth." The final two, talent wise, should have been Allison and Adam, with the more experienced Adam winning and Kris getting third. Anyway, Allison is pure and natural. She will be rocking at a stadium near you in the near future.

May 7, 2009 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  77. Andrea

should have been Adam

May 7, 2009 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  78. Kay

This is what I don't like about AI: the winners are determined by how many votes their fans cast, NOT who's the most talented, most popular, or who did the best performance. A singer can have more fans but still lose if a less popular singer's fans manage to cast more votes through various means.

Too bad it's impossible for each voter to only cast one vote.

May 7, 2009 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  79. Bob

Yep, the american people got it wrong again. Gokey will probably win this and go on to the trememndous success of Taylor Hicks, Clay Aiken and Ruben Stoddard. Fortunately the people dojng the voting don't buy the records after the show. Way to often the best don't win.

May 7, 2009 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  80. sofya

I was shocked last night.........totally unfair. Kris should have been the one to go, just becuase he is cute all the girls are voting for him.
    Allison is a star, and she will be very successful in her career.
    I hope Danny wins, because Adam is just over done.

May 7, 2009 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  81. MC

Should have been Danny or Kris, though Danny should go before Kris. Danny is not as good as he thinks he is.

May 7, 2009 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  82. First Timer

This is the first time I have ever posted on anything. I'm was extremely disappointed that Allison was voted off. There hasn't been a night she has been off key or has sounded bad. Chris and Danny on the other hand? I really get the feeling Cowell was doing what he could to get her off. Not sure why he did not like her and why he likes those other two boring guys. Adam, on the other hand, is in a league of his own but Allison is right behind him. Love that voice of hers. Good Luck Iraheta!

May 7, 2009 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  83. karenw6268

This was the best thing that could happen to Allison, now she can begin her career! Her parting song, with the emotion she was carrying was the most awesome performance!
    Just like Daughtry, I think she'll go farther this way, than winning the competition. I feel confident that Daughtry would not have made it as far so quickly, had he gone to the end....Allison seems the same caliber of talent to me. What a beautiful, smart, little girl. She has so much to be proud of...

May 7, 2009 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  84. someone

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that in the practice session with slash, allison said she didn't think that song was right for her and he insisited...she did that song and she was right it just wasn't her...sorry to see you go rocker chic, but I too feel we will be hearing you on the radio!

May 7, 2009 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  85. Juanita

Allison is a major talent and I wish her much success.
    Mo, just don't buy it!

May 7, 2009 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  86. Jenni

No way! It should have been Danny, Allison is awesome! 🙂

May 7, 2009 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  87. Tom

It should have been Kris!! Why is he still there?? Allisons vocals are far better and she will continue to grow and get better. We have seen everything Kris has to offer. He is very karaoke.

May 7, 2009 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  88. Bridget

I think Allison will be a huge star. She has the husky voice and natural, effortless talent that is so much appreciated. As long as she does rock or pop, I'd buy her CD in a second!

May 7, 2009 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  89. Phred

Definately shoulda been Danny or Kris... AI fans got robbed yet again...

May 7, 2009 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  90. Leinie

Yes, do not visit this entry of the blog if you don't want to know, even though you can see the big picture of Allison right here...

May 7, 2009 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  91. Robert Wood

Allison is destined for a career that will trivialize American Idol and Danny.

Allison the real vote has yet to be tallied, Go for it.

May 7, 2009 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  92. shekamu

Kris should've left a long time ago. He's a generic singer, not really cute and I can't watch him because of the strange way he moves his mouth when singing. The guitar even looks oversized for him. It's funny how Simon Cowell told him it may have not been such a good idea to reveal that he was married early on in the finalists week. Simon knows that a lot of the voting is based on background stories.

Danny is talented but the kind of songs that suit him are not popular with a wide age range of people. He's not good enough for potential platinum sales. I also agree that he may be getting a lot of sympathy and Christian votes that have nothing to do with the way they performed. If he goes before Kris or vice versa, they'd be getting each others' votes because Kris is an active missionary also. So Adam has no chance now that he's left with the two of them.

I think Allison and Adam are equally as good. They're interesting to watch and listen to and have their unique styles. I'll be looking forward to hearing her first album soon.

May 7, 2009 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  93. Ron

It should have been Danny, Allison was the best.....If she does make album and I hope she does I will aboslutely buy it. I do not think that Danny has done very well that last few weeks so I was suprised.....

May 7, 2009 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  94. Frost

Alllison, You Rock!!!

My vote was for you from the beginning. Please get on your album. I want more than the idol songs.

May 7, 2009 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  95. Penny

Mo, yep I could definitely see myself listening and watching Adam! He is a true artist and the best singer/entertainer the world has seen in years!! He can sing ballads which he received standing ovations for such as Mad World and Tracks of My Tears. I love his version of If I Can't Have YOU. He did not scream in any of those songs. AT least he can sing and has control over his high notes unlike Danny. He should have gotten the boot and hopefully America will give him one next time. Adam should win Idol, but I could live with Kris. It really doesn't matter what you think MO. You obviously do not appreciate true aritistry and entertainment. NOBODY is going to buy Danny's stinnky music or watch his stiff/boring performances and inability to hit high notes buy you. WE can't bring Allison back, but people will get a chance to buy her music. GO ADAM AND KRIS. AMERICA PLEASE GET IT RIGHT NEXT TIME. The world is watching and we will look sad if Danny is in the finals.

May 7, 2009 at 4:08 am | Report abuse |
  96. Vee

I agree totally with Rob...tired of the screeching Adam week after week. Danny too mainstream, safe n boring.Kris is very creative n unpredictable. I hope he wins

May 7, 2009 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
  97. derek manalo

Danny's voice is atrocious that night... Allison is way better.. oh well it must have been the girl-voters who's reponsible for this.. they wanted an all-male competition... they just don't look at talent.. they just worship their looks... get shocked America coz next to leave is... Kris.. i tell ya

May 7, 2009 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
  98. clarkE

This is my 1st year hanging in for the whole show. Is Danny winning because he has a religious following as someone mentioned in the blog? If so the winner will be him and mean nothing to the majority of music loving people like me. Allison is a true talent,stage pesence and an amazing voice for her age. Adam is a pleasure to watch and a real talented fellow. They are the ones and bloggers know it. The shame of it all and the whole thing is a sham. So the religious right win again? I won't watch any more. Hate the bull, we have too much of it in this world. No sense playing if the whole thing is rigged. Digusting result! Allison is great and has a future, no doubt. x off voters.

May 7, 2009 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  99. carlyNYC

these results r just another indication of where mainstream america is. it's unfortunate. chris is adorable but clearly the least talented singer/performer - though his narrow range will suit alternative/pop hits just fine (so would a million voices tho). his performance and danny's were equally weak, but danny does have the better voice. allison was wonderful last night, but I agree that its pretty irrrelevant to her career. and adam, well he has limitless talent and appeal in my opinion - but i don't think he can win. the vitriol/bigotry/hatred in some of the criticisms levelled against him really should raise eyebrows. (the worst i tend to see written about the clean cut boys is that many find them boring or mundane.) of course i know adam will be a superstar, but the backlash /anyone but adam vote i fear will take the day in the final analysis. Mo, in the comment above mine now, case in point. he's still saying all ADAM can do is scream! have we been listening to the same show?

May 7, 2009 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  100. sarkey

That's it for me. I'm gone and I ain't comin back. Ever. Allison, if you read this, know in your heart, you have what it takes to go as far as you want to go. I certainly don't care a fig about any of the others. You were robbed – and it's always about the politics; you are a born singer. But take heart, kid, Janice Joplin wouldn't have placed Top 3 either. Go get
    em,kiddo. The sky's the limit....

May 7, 2009 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  101. Deb

Unbelievable Allison. You deserve to be in until the very end. You are going to be a Star anyway. You did a smash up job tonight with your encore. I am looking forward to your first album! You are a very talented young woman.

May 7, 2009 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  102. Dunkin'

What an incredible voice. I'll miss Allison and will be watching for her CD.

Danny should have gone home tonight. He hasn't grown and he has trouble staying on key when he's singing softly. Why the judges don't call him on it is beyond me. It not that I don't like Danny it just that I think Allison is better.

May 7, 2009 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  103. Daryl

Well... Looks like I am done for the season. I can not believe that she got kicked off, once again. I think one season we should leave it to the judges to vote people off. I can take anymore votes from people that do not know how to judge people. Or these preppy teens that think Kris is hot so they have to vote for him.

May 7, 2009 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  104. Kyra

There is no reason to watch the show anymore. Danny needed to go home. Plain and simple.

May 7, 2009 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  105. mias

It was RIGGED!!!! Tried to vote for Allison for what seemed like for hours and the line was busy!!!!!They should have opened up more lines to get a true vote!No way did gokey or allen ever perform or sing better than Allison.I will never watch ai again,not even next season.Join me in boycotting ai and let them have the lowest # of voters ever because of your dissatification on these results.Recount!!!!Oooh but they cant!!!OOOOOOH, cant have 2 L.A.winners for the homecoming.BOYCOTT,let them know this was unfair.Let them see how a record low # of votes they get by the peoples choice.DON'T VOTE next week!!!!!!

May 7, 2009 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  106. mari

What a shame. Allison is great and should be in the top 2 at least. I think Simon's snide comment last night-"I think maybe Adam saved her"-really hurt her chances to stay in the competition. Also, Kara and Randy criticized her last night saying she picked the wrong song. Give me a break-that song was perfect for her and she nailed it. Adam will definitely win, so the others might as well accept it, and the interest has really gone out ot the show now I think. All of the top 4 are good, but I will definitely buy Allison's album.

May 7, 2009 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  107. Katie

I'm sorry to see Allison go. Although I do believe she'll have a stellar career on her own.

My daughter and I were hoping that it Adam would finally go. Can't stomach much more of his creepiness.

May 7, 2009 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  108. William

I'M OUT. Buh-Bye ,Idol.

You morons have no clue what talent is. Here's a 17 year old with vocal chops of a FORTY year old!!! Yet, she gets booted over a heart throb with no voice, a 4-eye Michael Bolton sound-alike, and a guy who's literally OVER-talented for something like Idol and instead should be on Broadway singing show tunes.

This goes to show you....A-I is all about TV flash, popularity, and ratings. And, nothing to do about true talent and giving the only real deserving contestant a break into the business.

Sad....Idol has long been a sell-out........and now, so have most of the fans for not voting for the only real talenet of the competition.

And, to those bigoted anti-Latino low-life's who failed to vote for Allison simply due to her origin can go back to the swamp where you were hatched from. (No, I'm not Latino)

p.s.
    Way to go Fox...you really know how to fairly find talent. NOT!

May 7, 2009 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  109. snowbuddies

Allison is an incredible singer, especially for her young age. I can't wait to hear more of her singing, ANYTIME.

May 7, 2009 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  110. arcy

This is a singing contest not a performing contest!!!! What a joke that Allison has left and not the others.

May 7, 2009 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  111. Ellen

Allison deserved to make the top 3, but as many here have said she is well on her way to a great career.

I was splitting my votes between Adam and Allison, so now it's ADAM all the way. And yes, I'll buy every CD he releases.

I only wish Adam had performed "Dream On" last night. He woulda showed Gokey what it means to hit a note. Gokey was right about the laughter, I started laughing the minute they announced his song choice because I immediately thought about that high note. Even Slash was like, "well, it depends on the performance" which means Gokey couldn't even consistently hit it in rehearsal.

May 7, 2009 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  112. sabrina

Okay, This is a singing contest not a popularity contest. Adam and Allison sing the best bottom line! They are going to stick. Kris and Danny wont unless one or both of them pull a rabbit out of their )(*)* the next few weeks and actually mesmerize us like Adam and Allison have.

May 7, 2009 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  113. Carlos

Maybe you like Allison and Adam, maybe you don't. But both of them have got TALENT.

Kris is a dime a dozen. Danny just a boring blues singer. Neither of them will make a career even if they win. Only reason they've gotten this far is by getting the teeny bopper and tween vote, "OMG, like Kris is like SOOO cute"

I wish AI would not permit repeat votes! I'm guessing with a one phone – one vote rule, Kris would have been gone long ago. He just has a fan base that is able to vote for 2 hours on end. Don't believe me? Look at the battle of the Davids on Amazon. Cook is far outselling Archuleta. Why? Because each little screaming girl only buys ONE CD. One person – one vote, and the winner really shines.

May 7, 2009 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  114. Alice Ribbons

AI has sucked for so long. And so have the contestants.

May 7, 2009 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  115. FromDallas

The voted off the wrong finalist! I admit that I did not follow AIdol this year as close as last year where the two best singer met at the final. This year it will be a total wash when one of the best singer/attraction will not be in the final. Adam may have the best vocal range but he appears to be too chosen by the judges and do not think is a true rocker. Only time will prove once again that the best singer did not win or even reached the final. Only three times from the past seven seasons have the best singer/entertainer have won the crown. Unfortunately, this year will make it three out of eight times. This mean that American Idol is batting less than .500.

May 7, 2009 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  116. Allison

1. I don't get the ugliness against Danny either, he's got and awesome voice and would make a great album! Plus he's a cutie 2. It should have been Kris (p.s. why does everyone spell his name "Chris" when it's on the screen all the time with a K?) based on talent and 3. Danny's coming home soon to Milwaukee for the show!! Woot!!

May 7, 2009 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  117. mara

Alison, I wish you would have ben the American Idol. We love you and can not wait until you cut a CD! Remember some of the great went out too early! Melinda Doolittle, Chris Daughtry and jason Castro. Thanks to Simon and his quest for money. They plugged other contestants and except for David Cook they were wrong. You sty golden, Alison.

May 7, 2009 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  118. Me

I would definitely do Allison. She is so hot on stage – great voice.

May 7, 2009 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  119. Eleanor

Sad!

May 7, 2009 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  120. HJO

Seriously, is there really a difference between 2nd, 3rd or 4th place?They all have fans who will buy their records. We just will have to suffer 2 more weeks listening to bland Danny/Kris performances. Thankfully, we still have Adam. If he were voted off next week, my DVR will NOT be recording anything on Tuesday.

May 6, 2009 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Luis

They made a HUGE mistake on this one. Danny should have left. But, in all honesty, this give Allison a head start to begin her career. I believe she will go far with her singing. GOOD LUCK ALLISON!

May 6, 2009 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  122. joan

I too was shocked Allison was voted off...it should be clear sailing for the most talented performer ever, Adam Lambert...however, because Allison was voted off too soon, I am wondering who is voting for the likes of Kris and Danny....it is obvious people aren't voting because of one's vocal performance...which is really too bad...clearly some people have an agenda to keep Adam from winning ...hopefully he has enough fans to keep voting for him...he has my votes....

May 6, 2009 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Elaine

I was expecting an Adam-Alison final. Don't understand it. Alison is an awsome singer. Wonder if it's because females vote mostly and they tend to vote for cute guys regardless of talent. It can be the only explanation.

May 6, 2009 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Pat

I don't think this season is as good as some others. Adam seems to be the favorite, but I can't figure out why, because he pretty much sounds and looks the same all the time, and it's a little boring. I think his voice and presentation need to mature.

May 6, 2009 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Fredrick

Say, ALLISON, You're The Best. We are pulling out of "Idol" too. What's left? No entertainment now. You are the canary that drew us to the Jam, and gentle music. To glue-eye to the A-Idol hoopla. Keep singing canary and we will run, rush, and ramble to the music-store, and cyber space to keep up with Your music. Good Job Allison!..

.................Two Children of the Fifties, now armed with MP3 players

May 6, 2009 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Shawn

Kris was the weaker of the top 4...

Someone is his family must be very rich...

May 6, 2009 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  127. The Drifter

Janis would have been proud of Allison's performance. I know because I knew her. Allison is like having Janis back again. Strengthens my belief in reincarnation.

May 6, 2009 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Jill

Was hoping for Allison and Adam in finals. They were both terrific last night.

May 6, 2009 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  129. NYC Idol Watcher

I really like Allison but she sounds so much like P!nk. I don't think that helps her. I hope she has a nice career and I'm sure she'll grow even more on tour. If she and Adam did cut a duet, I would probably buy it, so let's hope!

Wish they would have kept Tatiana. Even if she was a little nuts, she had a real voice.

May 6, 2009 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Well****

It should have been Danny.
    Oh well, all my votes next week go to Kris!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 6, 2009 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  131. tom

so saddddddd, no way , no right .ok no more tv

May 6, 2009 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Suz in Florida

Get over it, it's not rigged or fixed. The judges hurt the results tonight.
    However, you Adam fanatics, plan to be in 2nd place. Not everyone loves him as you. Go Kris straight to the top or it will be Danny and this group will really go off the deep end. Oh and by the way, Allison will throw support to Adam but Adam is in this for himself. He used her
    last night to make himself look good, he'll be the first to drop her and
    go on. So if we don't lose him next week, he won't go be the top one,
    deal with it.

May 6, 2009 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  133. John

Allison was the real winner tonight. Overall, she has the best voice of all the finalists. Moreover, Allison's voice is the one distinct voice in the group. Sure, Adam has a very strong voice, and he has had some good arrangements. However, enough money can buy all the good arrangements one wants. Adam's style is good for the tv show. Still, when all is said and done, Adam really doesn't sound all that different from a hundred other chicks. Say what you like about Simon, he is a master at flesh peddling, and he runs the show. He and Allison will be smiling all the way to the bank. Just ask Daughtry.

May 6, 2009 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Linina

Horribly wrong. Allison rocked, loved her. Danny was horrid and should've left. If not him, then Chris.

May 6, 2009 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Vallary

well, this isn't that big, It will be danny next week then adam and then Chris will win it. Adam is a sure of a thing, just like pass idol's Chris isn't that good and Danny just thinks he is. Areosmith should sue Idol for letting someone kill their song like that. Daugherty was WONDERFUL love the new song .

May 6, 2009 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Arizona

Well, that's it for me. I won't be watching the rest of the season and I doubt I'll tune in next year either. Letting this little gem go while giving super-support to bland, same-old Danny is just inexcusable.

May 6, 2009 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  137. KYGirl

Outrageous!! I'm finished with AI!! Hearing Allison's name called as the one to go home absolutely broke my heart! It should definitely have been Danny or Kris! Who is voting for those guys anyway??!!
    Allison is by far the greatest talent!! You know that if Danny or Kris win, they will be the next Taylor Hicks – a complete bomb. Let us know when your album comes out Allison – I'll be first in line!!

May 6, 2009 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Mike Hunt

If danny somehow pulls the christian vote it wil be a waste of an AI season. We dont want another Talyor hicks or Ruben Studdard kind of winner. those guys were flops. Gokey should be Allison's background singer.

May 6, 2009 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  139. joe

Rock god my rear end this guy is an actor,he may win but the judges have compared him to Mick Jagger and Steve Tyler these guy's started thirty years ago and there still going you have to be high to compare this kid to the real rock legends.We won't even know who this guy is a couple years from now.

May 6, 2009 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Jennifer

Gosh!!! What a let down, Allison is unique and should not go. Do you know who should, Danny! I am tired of him, he is so arrogant. Hope Danny will make it to the 'go home' day next week.

May 6, 2009 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Maria

FIXED, FIXED AND FIXED.....IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DANNY!!!

May 6, 2009 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Judette

Part of AI is based on popularity...seriously, it should have been Kris going home. I will miss you Allison and best wishes. You have a bright future ahead of you.

May 6, 2009 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Ben

Sheri – What are you smoking? Danny has screwed something up almost EVERY WEEK. He should have been gone long ago.

May 6, 2009 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Mike

What a joke. Allison should have been in the finale, and possibly even won. Seriously, who is going to buy an album from Kris? No one. Not unless is has a bunch of pictures of him for the teeny-bops to drool over.

Kris sucks! Boring, and he can't sing that well! WTF America?

Danny has talent, but he absolutely bomed with "Dream On" last night.

Adam was very good as always. Although his high pitch, girly voice, might get old quick.

Allison was the dark horse, and she could have won it all.

I'm done watching AI this season. If Kris wins, I'll never watch AI again.

May 6, 2009 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Kelly

This is a singing competition. Votes should be based on originality, artistry, versatility, vocal ability etc - not race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

This is 2009 and America is a nation that celebrates diversity. Why are there so many disappointing comments? That's the saddest thing.

May 6, 2009 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Wanda

Carrie's comments are so right !..................I think everyone was voting to save Adam and forgot Allison and she fell behind in votes....... Kris and Danny passed her with their regular supportive voters and they probably picked up some of Matts voters, since they all 3 are boring showmen and singers...Danny looks too old and nurdy to be Al..

May 6, 2009 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Mo

Yeah- it was time for Allison to go.

I hope Adam doesn't win- could you imagine listening to not just ONE of his screaming-falsetto-over the top songs but a whole album's worth??? I think I'd claw my ears off!!

May 6, 2009 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Elle

What a travesty! Based on last night's performance, Danny should have left. He was HORRIFIC! People complain about Adam screeching when he hits high notes, Danny's was a zillion times worse, it sounded like a cat screaming, and not just the last note. Someone should have put him out of his misery. The only reason he may have been "pardoned" was based on his body of work. But even then, he's no match for Adam.

Adam and Allison were the most interesting contestants, now there's only Adam left. I like Danny and Kris but as performers and singers they are generic and not memorable. YAWN!

The rest of AI season is gonna be such an anti climax.

If Adam doesn't win this will be the biggest FIX in the history of entertainment.

I hope there's another Adam & Allison duet in the final show.

May 6, 2009 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Gokeygirl

Caroline; I voted for Danny for over an hour last night and NO I am NOT deaf!! I judge Danny on his performances throughout the whole competition...not just a bad song choice and horrible note last night. He has not had a bad performance until last night.....so why should one bad song choice send him home??? Listening to Adam mutilate, scream and screetch popular songs week after week has been painful enough for me.......plus to watch him pack himself into those skin tight pants that he wears, gag......I can barely take any more. Danny is awesome, humble and a wonderful human being who is thankful for everything that he has. If THAT makes me deaf, then I'm glad to be deaf.

May 6, 2009 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Nick

The fact is, they could've sent home Allison or Adam tonight and it wouldn't matter because career-wise? They'll both go on to great things. Adam is ridiculously talented and I wanted to buy his CD when the season started. I think we all know it's a mere formality at this point. He's going to win.

Give Allison a couple years to grow into her voice and she'll be kicking a$$ all over the place. It doesn't bother me at all that she left, because she'll have a career in music regardless.

The only two people who actually NEED to win this show to make careers are Danny and Kris. If they left tonight, they would be forgotten in two years time.

May 6, 2009 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Eric

Daugherty was the best in his season and was eliminated before the top 3..Allison was the best last night and eliminated before the top 3...who else did not make the top 3? Oh yeah that's right...Jennifer Hudson and Kellie Pickler. Not being in the top 3 is not always so bad...

May 6, 2009 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Diana Reynolds

Too bad Simon could not save her when he already use it when it not worth to save him....

May 6, 2009 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Loran

I can't believe Kris is still there. I don't get it. He is not cute and a so so singer.

May 6, 2009 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  154. akapatrick

Wow, that short haired kid who contorts his mouth in shapes that makes him unbearable to watch should have gone. Allison rocked! That short hair kid could bairly sing. What a disgrace, must have been some teenie bopper crowd. Makes me sick that one of the the two most talented get's relegated to 4th place.

May 6, 2009 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Doppy

Umm...Adam was in the bottom 2 last week? Umm right. And Allison had the fewest number of votes this week? Ummm right. Here's the deal kids...They have going home week next week. How can they have two idols from Los Angeles? How does that work? It was between Adam and Allison going home....and we know who had to take the fall. Not really a shocker guys.

May 6, 2009 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Reader

I don't trust the results this time. I tried for two hours to vote for Allison and got a busy signal 90% of the time on both lines, and both Gokey and Kris had a bad week.

May 6, 2009 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  157. MooB

Luv ya, Allison!!! I'll buy that CD – can't wait!!!!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Gokeygirl

Takesone2knowone; Danny was NOT embarrassed to be standing there being named one of the top 3, it's called being HUMBLE and proud of where he is and instead of smiling as if to say "Yeah, I know I'm safe" like Adam seems to do every week, Danny had compassion and empathy for Allison having to leave. Why all the dumping on Danny?? I don't get it? He has been strong and consistant each and every week (remember "PYT", "Jesus take the wheel", "Hero", "September"......) the list goes on. He is one talented man who is thankful for everything that has been given to him....unlike Adam who stands there and never looks suprised or thankful for his votes................gag. GO GOKEY!!! I'm thrilled that you will be coming back to Milwaukee for your homecoming! We love you!!!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Diana Reynolds

I love her, oh well, guess what, She is way better off then win American Idols, with American Idols, they have contract that u have to do their way for a year, well she can go any contract and she will be a bomb! Cause we all know, she is a natural born singer!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  160. BZ

Allison was robbed....But Adam is still the best pure talent Idol has ever seen!! Including Daugherty!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Diana

I think she delivered the best final performance ever! She is sooo comfortable on stage. She owned the performance more than ever before. She's talented, she'll be fine.

May 6, 2009 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Bodee

She's awfully cute and I'm sorry to see her go.

May 6, 2009 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Lis

OK.... so after popping around the various Idol blogs, I get it now. The Danny hate comes from the fact that he's Christian. Wow. Makes sense to me now. Someone here actually spelled it out with the political analogy. Since it's not cool to be Christian these days, he must suck and be getting by only on sympathy votes. He couldn't possibly have any talent. Good grief.... another sad, sad example of what America is turning into. I thought we had freedom of religion as an Amendment right? Or do so few of you understand our Constitution?

May 6, 2009 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Angela

She will cut a great record. What a great singer.

May 6, 2009 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  165. jim watkins

Allison is head and shoulder above Danny & Kris. If American sent her home then Adam doesn't stand a chance either

May 6, 2009 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Bill

Chris should have went tonight instead of Allison. Danny messes up last night but he has been good almost every time. Adam well there is only one Adam in this world. Just by reading some of these comments I know exactly why the votes turned out the way they did.

Chris does not have the talent to sell millions of records neither does Danny. Adam and Allison have the talent and will sell millions of records. Anyone thank thinks different should really think about it. What would the world Buy? Adam and Allison.

May 6, 2009 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Jon in Texas

Kris is the most "radio ready" of this season. Adam has the best vocal ability. Danny has the most recognizable voice. They all three deserve to be in the Final 3.

Allison was a good singer, however she lacked the charisma and commercial appeal, mainly due to her immaturity. She's only 17 and will learn from her mistakes that will lead her to a very successful career. She just needs to show some friggin' emotion out there. She could do so much more with those songs if she would PERFORM them rather than just sing them really good.

It'll be a good race, and those who think Adam is a shoe-in; keep thinking that. Kris is right there and could get enough of Danny's votes to overtake Adam in the final.

May 6, 2009 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Betty

Adam go away, he is so over done.

May 6, 2009 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Karen

I can't believe that no-talent Danny is still here especially after last night. He was terrible........and he thought it was funny? My ears didn't think so! Who is voting for this guy?? Kris or Danny should have been the ones to go home, not Allison. The girl can sing. She had a stage presence like Adam, but Danny and Kris sure don't! When they sing I go make coffee or get a drink or something.........don't care nothing about listening to either of them. I wish her luck with a record deal. I wouldn't buy anything Danny or Kris make. I love Adam......now that's what I call an entertainer! Go Adam!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  170. shirley

it should have been chris. his singing last nite was just awful. hopfully he will be gone next week and then adam will win it all.

May 6, 2009 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Joan

So, Patti, you believe that Danny should get the Christian vote.....because "he's a great man with a great voice, and he's a youth minister"

Is that what's happening? Is that why Danny can totally screw up a song in a SINGING COMPETITION and still accrue more votes than his competition? Good grief!

May 6, 2009 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Mike Hunt

I never vote and this time i voted like 30 times for her. Cant believe she's gone. Danny Gook or KrisAllen should have been gone this week. Now the suspense is completely gone from the show. The only contestant left that's marketable in mainstream pop is Adam. Danny Gookey can go be a choir boy for some church and Kris can suck an egg.

May 6, 2009 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Ben

exactaman – My wife and I completely agree. Let's see if we can get a protest movement going.

May 6, 2009 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Sheri

I'm rather tired of everyone talking about Danny getting the "sympathy" vote. I think it's completely disrespectful, since he has in no way used his wife's death to further himself in this competition. I was very impressed at the way he owned up to his poor performance last night – humorous and self-deprecating. Across the season, he has been a solid performer and deserves a spot in the top three.

May 6, 2009 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  175. GeeDub

I think the BIGGEST shocker is yet to come......Danny v. Chris in the finale?? Look at AI past history, Adam will go next week. Adam and Allison will be the ones in this group to really make an impact.....doesn't really matter if you win, or not!

May 6, 2009 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  176. exactaman

give us a RECOUNT. keep Allison.

May 6, 2009 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Carol

I don't know what is wrong with american voters, Allison should not be the one going home no more thwn Matt should have went last week , the top three should have been Matt, Allison and Kris, should have gotten rid of Adam and Danny a few weeks ago. What is wrong with people. We all know Adam is being groomed to win, so sad. But that is ok Allison and Matt will both go far. The runner ups in the past have done much better than the winners.

May 6, 2009 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Ben

After tonight it's clear the judges need to take control of the voting back. The people have no business deciding who gets the contract. It's not their money.

Danny and Kris will be long forgotten by the time Allison wins her second Grammy.

May 6, 2009 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  179. exactaman

Allison was not voted off tonight.....she was rail roaded out of here by either a mistake or the producers sick idea of a joke..........I guarantee you that America did not choose Kris over Allison....no way......read the comments here.....99% say it is wrong......

I do feel that allison could have chosen a better song...but that duet with Adam rocked...it was great...fantastic.....

remember after the performance by Kris....and the duet...that the judges said that Danny did better than Kris and that Kris's performance was lacking......so how could he be voted ahead of Alliison................

I demand a RECOUNT.

May 6, 2009 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  180. scott

What a shame. Allison deserved to be in the top three. Yes, Danny had an off night, but he too deserves to be in the top 3. As much as I like Kris, he should have been the one going home. As far as the winner goes, I sure hope it is not Adam. He is way over hyped, and his act is getting really old. If he wins, he will be another taylor hicks. A winner of idol, but a loser in album sales. Adam is just an entertainer, not a singer. America needs to understand that this is a show based on signing not acting. I think based on vocals, Allison should still be there, but she is not so I hope that Danny can be victorios at the end.

May 6, 2009 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  181. youhateadamcauseheisgay

Danny is the worst. He is snide and cannot sing. His voice hurts my ears.

May 6, 2009 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Baghag78

I am sick and tired of Kris – he seems like a very nice boy – but I know people who can sing like him in local bars. It should have been Adam, Allison, and Danny. Mini-Mayer doesn't belong on stage with those two.

May 6, 2009 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  183. gk

Is Gokey like Bush? no matter how mediocre, put the religion label on your forehead, and all will be fine! Even the horrendous absurd performance like last night is covered! Gokey surely knows how to play with America!

May 6, 2009 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  184. marie

Adam has a great stage show, not so much of a radio voice.
    Danny has little stage appeal but a great voice for radio. Either way they both will be stars.

May 6, 2009 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Barb

I think the problem is that we all believed that Allison would be safe, because she is far more talented than Danny or Chris. Unfortunately, at this point, Danny continues to get a sympathy vote and Chris...well i don't really know what's going on there. Adam is gifted both theatrically and vocally. And consistently fun to watch! He deserves to be the next idol.

May 6, 2009 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Jen

BOOOO, chris or danny first, Allison i want more, make a record darlin

May 6, 2009 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  187. ree

BOOOOOO!!!!Aweful! Kris should have gone home!!! Allison was awesome! I think Idol has turned into a popularity vote! SAD!

May 6, 2009 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Nethie

Tonight's show was my last American Idol. I was only watching for Allison. Adam is going to win, that's a given. Kris and Gokey shouldn't have even made it this far. I have no desire to watch them or listen to their screeching.

May 6, 2009 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Joan

I can't believe that American Idol fans voted more for Danny than Allison. Danny was just TERRIBLE last night! And, frankly, Danny has been Kareoke Gokey for weeks. Allison just kept getting better and better.

It made me furious last night, after Gokey flubbed his song so badly, that the judges fell all over themselves saying it was an A++ performance. And then Paula, asking all the Danny fans to applaud........W H A T??????? Any other contestant that screwed up a song like Danny did would have been crucified by the judges. And, in fact, contestants that dIdn't screw up nearly as bad as Danny have been raked over the coals. U N F A I R!!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  190. zane

Wow , it's interesting to me how many Danny haters there are. I guess you need to have a sophisticated palate to understand what Danny does. The people who think Danny shouldn't be there would have voted off Frank Sinatra in favor of the guy from Green Day. People who really understand music– Professional musicians, music teachers, etc. know that Danny is a very, very talented singer and song stylist. I suspect the Danny haters don't like Clay Aiken either. In the words of a seasoned music professional (Randy Jackson) Those two cats can sing!

May 6, 2009 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Ben

jas – Sorry but you're flat out wrong. Allison was CLEARLY better than Kris and Danny.

May 6, 2009 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Quemal

This girl is plainly amazing. She grew a lot in just 2 months. Give her time: She'll be a successful idol.

May 6, 2009 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Karen

Where were the Allison fans? She really deserved to still be there. At least Adam is still there and he should have no problem showing America who has the most talent and needs to win this whole thing!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  194. tsuntsun

Since Carrie Underwood, has any Idol winner actually gone on to be a successful artist? The real winner in this is Allison... She has had exposure and created a fan base, and her career will not bear the stigma of being the AI winner....She will be a superstar. Adam too. Add Danny to the list that includes Rueben, Taylor, Jordan and David... (ie... who??)
    I cannot wait for Allison's Album and we will see her back on the show in 2 years time collecting her 5 times platinum award.

May 6, 2009 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Denise

That was so wrong!!! Adam and Allison are the real top two! Adam should win, but Allison did not deserve to go this week!

May 6, 2009 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  196. AIBoresMe

Unbelievable! Not to hate on anybody but Kris should have been the one to go home. He is a mediicore talent who is getting over on his looks. He is a record companies marketing dream for a teen fan base. Can you say Shaun and David Cassidy? Hell even Lief Garrett for that matter.

May 6, 2009 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  197. LORI2U

I am as shocked as well. She should have been in the final. Too bad the judges didn't have 1 more 'save'.

May 6, 2009 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  198. Bonnie

America got is oh sooooo wrong. But I am sure she will prevail in the future......I miss her already!

May 6, 2009 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  199. Carrie

I wasn't ever really a fan of Allison but I agree she looked and sang great last night and I was starting to think it would be an Adam/Allison finals. Oh well, she can finish high school and then get her record deal.

Danny should have gone home tonight. I know Kris isn't as strong of a singer as the rest but I *like* him. His style, his looks, his manner, his grin and the sound of his voice. Just closing my eyes last night and listening to all four voices, I liked the tone and sound of Kris's voice the best.

I am so happy he made it to the final three!

May 6, 2009 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Ben

Kris and Danny will turn out to be no better than Ruben Studdard.

May 6, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Joe

I am old so I know she is as good as Janice Joplin, what a mistake!!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Lame

😦 Danny boy should have been the one to go. He was atrocious last night.

May 6, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  203. lcc

Danny should have already been gone-he is a talented singer but I think the story behind Danny is what is getting him through every week. Alsion, this in only the start for you. Keep rockin'

May 6, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Brenda

No reason to watch the remaining AI shows. Kris should have been gone a couple of weeks ago and Danny might be able to win in a less talented field.

Adam is a very good entertainer. Allison is a REAL singer!

May 6, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  205. Tina

Well, since Adam expects to win, I guess I will just have to ensure I vote for anyone but him–he is too overrated

May 6, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Linda

Think of the contestants as political candidates. Adam gets the liberal vote, Danny gets the conservative vote, and Kris and Allison get the independents. Now that Allison is gone, who will get her votes? Do they go liberal, conservative, or stay independent? I'm guessing 50% Adam, and split 25%-25% Danny and Kris. The real question is next week, when most likely Kris is gone. Will the independents go liberal (Adam) or conservative (Danny)? If the AI voters reflect the nation, then Adam wins it by a reasonable margin. However, if Danny is voted off next week, then all the conservative votes will go to Kris, and he will be the winner. So Adam Fans, I think you are better off in a final with Danny than with Kris.

May 6, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Vincent Petrosino

Allison was cheated just like Chris Daughtry was several years ago!How long will Danny get by and very likely because of his personal tragedy? Sympathy can go just so far. Allison performed like a true rocker (this was Rock week wasn't it?) while Danny screamed like an electrocuted banshee. She deserved a spot in the top three and to return home a hero. I was at least pleased to see that some of the judges were not happy with the results either. Idol voters need to do better. I hope Allison succeeds like Chris Daughtry did. She deserves it.

May 6, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Ron Jon

Darn darn darn darn darn. Loved the look on Simon's face at the very end. He looked dismayed and disappointed by the American voters. Eventually Danny will be forgotten, but Allison will rock on.

May 6, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  209. Mark - Nashville

As usual, some insipid little girls saved their beloved Danny....he's laughable as a singer.

May 6, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  210. Laurenn

She should not have gone home, talent wise she blew kris and danny away

May 6, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  211. KSW

I just don't get it... Allison??? How wrong is that... the two other guys.. not Adam.. They are bad,,, bad,,, bad

May 6, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  212. jas

The right one is out. Ok on to next week – bye bye Adam!

May 6, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Bill

Adam should win the competition. I hope he pairs up with Allison with his album (or vice versa).

May 6, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  214. stacie

Allison deserves to be in the Top 3, maybe even Top 2. Albeit that not being the case .... she did herself proud. This is just her beginning! Go Allison! Go Adam!

May 6, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Dorothy

How could you people not vote for Allison, she is a powerhouse singer....I am shocked.....you should vote for the best singers, not the guys because they are hot or cute....hopefully she will end up like Chris Daughtry or Jennifer Hudson...You go girl, you rock!!!!! Allison, you are the best!!!!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  216. Tina

It shouldn't have been Allison, but she will persevere!

May 6, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  217. Pam

I am still in shock..I voted for Allison many times last night and I was hoping America did too because she deserves to stay!! I think though this talented young lady has a great career ahead of her. I wish her the best!

May 6, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  218. Caroline

Danny should have gone home. What a crock. He was so pathetic last night. Allison should have stayed. Who is voting for Danny? Are they deaf?

May 6, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  219. zane

Based on singing only, Allison should have been in the top three. It's true that last night was Danny's weakest performance of the season but he is an awesome talent! (bad song choice, I'll give you that)

I think that while Kris very definitely has an apeal he is clearly the weakest singer in the group. I picked Danny and Adam to be in the finals since Hollywood week. Forget about last night, Danny is money! He and Adam are definitely the two best singers in the contest.

May 6, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  220. WTF

Allison should have been there.... DANNY can not sing... I will buy Allison Album if she puts one out....

she is good

May 6, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Ben

This is exactly why they shouldn't give telephones to idiots. Allison CLEARLY smoked Danny and Kris, and it wasn't even close. Danny's getting the sympathy vote from women, and God only knows where Kris is getting his support from. Clearly, America has no clue.

May 6, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  222. barry

well it is another history in the making...3 guys into final 3....anyone for kris and adam....? well, you know what simon says....

May 6, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  223. Ann

Now that she's gone, I'd love to see Kris and Adam go head to head. But since the producers have been pimping Karaoke Gokey, it'll probably be him and Adam.

May 6, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  224. KSW

I don't get it .. Did Allison leave so Adam would win.. Come on?? Did you see Simon.. I do not think he was happy with the decision..

May 6, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  225. Ryan

Lame!.......Kris beter than Allison? I don't think so. Kris should have been gone a long time ago!

May 6, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  226. j7erry

I meant Danny. Who likes those 2 anyway? They've stunk all season.

May 6, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  227. Mandy

NO WAY AMERICA! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?!? Danny has been mediocre for weeks, and screamed that awful note. The final should have been Allison and Adam. I am starting to think that America just wants a safe, forgetful winner. Adam and Allison's duet was amazing. I personally want this to be the year for the rocker, not the "cookie-cutter" pop star. GO ADAM! But really, he will have international fame despite whatever happens- he doesn't NEED American Idol victory, just the exposure. Danny and Kris NEED the title for their careers, and you know what, they are limited. Sorry, but it's the truth.

May 6, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  228. Reader

This is crap. If Allison had been a cookie cutter, twiggy blonde, the teen girls would have kept her in the competition. Instead, one of the two most talented contestants gets eliminated after two incredible performances. And Gokey, after his banshee's shriek, sticks around.

I'm not watching this show for the rest of the season. Adam has won, and neither of the remaining two contestants present a challenge to that foregone conclusion. Allison is an incredible talent, and she will succeed after this show, and the show will suffer with her leaving, which is great, because Cowell never gave Allison the credit she deserved. I hope she finds a label that Cowell can't profit from ASAP. He sure as heck didn't help Allison get as far as she did.

May 6, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  229. bindi

oh no! this a is HORRIBLE. I was so looking forward to watching Adam & Allison as our finalist.

May 6, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  230. Gooooooookkkkkkkeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy fan

It really should have been Kris, Danny & Allison are great!!!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  231. Linna

Sad because as usual, the people who call in to vote don't know talent at all. But not to worry because this girl will have a successful music career. She will sell records and Dokey Gokey will fade away like the guy who won a few years ago -Taylor Hicks, another voter mistake.

May 6, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  232. ChicagoRet

She was one of the more distinctive voices, and quite talented. She DOES need time to mature into her voice, but I totally think American got this one....WRONG!! This girl has the gift, and sadly those voting just couldn't keep her in the competition.

Alas, I am not so sad, as it is obvious to me that either Danny or Adam will win. So whether she is out today or next week, her chances of making the final two was slim. (Although between us girls...I think she is a more versatile artist than Danny or Kris).

May 6, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  233. jadad

Although I'm not a huge fan of Allison's, I was also surprised by the outcome of tonight's show...It honestly should have been Kris. He's a good singer, but he's NOT great. I think I was more shocked he was saved! Go Adam!

May 6, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  234. j7erry

You MUST be kidding me?!?! Chris and Matt SUCK!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  235. Holly

So sad but someone had to go...... Betting Adam and Danny will be the final 2. Danny has a super strong fan base – he could take the win. My choice is Adam. At this point it doesn't even matter who wins though as Adam will have a great career regardless.

May 6, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  236. mark von

She was the only one I liked. I guess I am done with the show for this year.

May 6, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  237. Allen In NC

I don't think she will have much to worry about, as far as a record contract. She totally rocks....... I think her song sounded a little better than last night. The fun is totally gone now, 😦 Seeing there's already a winner, Who's name I shall not utter..... 🙂

May 6, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  238. Neil

Awww, I really liked her. It's sad because they're all really good... I wish it would've been Danny though.... Based off of last nights performance, he should've been the one to go home.

May 6, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  239. takesone2know1

Danny looked completely embarrassed to be left standing while his much more talented colleague (who actually has a future) got the boot. He should be gone...just wait a week, Danny...you will be.

May 6, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  240. jeff and sylvia mays

What in the world is wrong with the American voters. They are with out a doubt tone deaf. There is no way Allison should have been voted off ahead of Chris and Danny.

May 6, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  241. IN NC

That was the completely wrong outcome. Allison and Adam were the two best performers by far last night in both the solos and duets. Kris should have been sent packing this week. Allison is a true talent who will go far, though. Just look at history and what happened to Daughtry on this same point in the competition and what happened for him post A.I.

May 6, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  242. adam fan

next up to gohome is ...........kris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  243. Dan from Iowa

I was surprised – I thought Allison could go all the way! Of course, say what you may about any of them, you don't make it to the Top 4 – or even Top 10 – unless you're a heck of a singer. Good Luck, Allison!!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  244. so sad

Hey, Allison - I have two words for you: JENNIFER HUDSON!!!

We'll be hearing from you for a long, long time. You deserve to be in the finals along side Adam - you proved that last night with your duet.

May 6, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  245. carol

wth, why why why? Gooooookey should've been the one to GOOOO.

May 6, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  246. Windy

I cannot believe it. Danny is safe? He is still there? I can only think that when Simon said he was probably safe last night, he was referring to the votes he would get from VFTW! They must have been out in large numbers last night.

May 6, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  247. Justin

Your right.... Danny was terrible.... Sympathy vote. He sucks. Period.

May 6, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  248. megz

weak

May 6, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  249. Ryan

this is a joke! well, it makes it easier for Adam...he is above and beyond the other two guys. they should feel lucky to be in the top 3.

May 6, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  250. Britni

Listening to Danny sing made my ears want to bleed! It really should've been him going home and not Allison.

May 6, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  251. JG

She has an amazing voice and stage presence. She will do well in her future endeavors. Good Job Allison!

May 6, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  252. Chuck Rushin

Thank God it wasn't Kris Allen that went home!! Woo Hoo! My pick to leave would have been Danny, but this show is FULL of surprises. Allison is good but definately not the best. She'll have a good career though. All I can say is... GO KRIS!! OH YEA!!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  253. patti

Here`s a shout to all christian community.Vote for Danny Gokey.Agreat man with a great voice and heart to go with it.Also a youth music minister.

May 6, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  254. B-rad

😦 Aw. Gokey should have gone home.

May 6, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  255. sara

Allison was my favorite.
    Totally unfair that she is the one to go.
    I was rooting for her!

May 6, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  256. Dee

I cannot believe that Alison is going home. Danny shoulda. Oh, well. Now Adam really doesn't have any competition, which is fine with me, bc he is already a rock star! Go Adam!

May 6, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  257. Kathleen

No way, I am totally shocked and dismayed :O(

May 6, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  258. Erin

If no one knew the back story of Danny, he would have been gone weeks ago! Winning Idol would have meant more for Allison than for Adam (my pick though I'd prefer Kris to win). Daughtry proved fourth place isn't so bad so Allison's future is extremely bright. Allison was a class act.

May 6, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  259. Justin

at least she still has a contract.

May 6, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  260. Jamie

No way that screeching Danny should have been safe and Allison get sent home. NO WAY.....and Chris, I know he is hot but people vote tallent, not looks, besides he is married.

Adam has the run of it now, Danny (Screech) and Chris dont stand a chance against him.

Thankfully, like Daughtry, we will see Allison again. 🙂

May 6, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  261. Bob

This makes no sense.

May 6, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  262. CW

It was time for Allison to go. The next to should be Kris.

May 6, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  263. Don

It's over for Allison and American Idol is over for me! We all know who is going to end up winning, now don't we?

Chris is the one who should have gone, and from his reaction he knew it!

Allison, as Ryan pointed out, should do fine and like Ryan, I hope to her recording some pretty big hits in the near future, for the simple reason this little rocker chic can sing!

She went out with a bang and she showed the guts that Simon said he wanted her to display earlier on.

Rock on, little rocker chic!

May 6, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  264. tiki

....should've been Kris or Danny....sad to see Allison go...

May 6, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  265. Mary Donaldson

Allison was a great asset to the show this season. I already miss her. And she should keep going to Adam's hairdresser – she looked great last night.

May 6, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  266. MD

Danny so should have gone home this week.

May 6, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  267. 76Stinger

After the performances last night, America got this wrong. There is NO WAY that Allison should be going home and Gokey and that horrible scream is staying. On top of that, Kris was no standout either.

I think I am through watchin AI this year.

May 6, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  268. AI

I might cry. Allison was my favorite. I was hoping she'd make it into the finals. I'm pushing for Kris now.

May 6, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  269. Dalton

Proof that Americans vote with the fads.
    Adam is nothing more than an entertaining nut case.
    Allison had the pure talent.
    Last night, she was a shining star.

I'm just done with it.

May 6, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  270. Can't believe

The reality is that it is also a popularity contest. Simon did not like her saying she sang a carbon copy. Whatever will be....

May 6, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  271. Bob

Allison was just coming into her own. I guess she didn't have the squealing teen fanbase that Kris has or the granny fanbase that Gokey has.

Oh well, as Daughtry has proven, finishing in 4th place can be a good thing. Hopefully she'll get a contract and be very successful.

May 6, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  272. Just Sayin

At least she doesn't really need the show now to be successful.
    Couldn't really say the same if it were Danny or Chris.
    Adam's obviously set, too no matter what the results.

May 6, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  273. Lis

No... based on performances this whole season, it should have been Kris. Allison and Danny both deserved to be in the final 3. I really don't get the ugliness toward Danny? The guy is an amazing singer. He's had a solid season, and until tonight was never in the bottom votes. Kris has been up and down. Allison, though I don't understand why, has been up and down. Danny's last note last night was horrible, but it's the first bad note he's hit all season.

May 6, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  274. David

Allison, I will miss you!!!!!!
    Please release an album!

May 6, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  275. Judy

It should have been Danny . . . but Allison is disappointed but she doesn't need to worry. Over the next few years she'll build a successful career. She needs to get a few years under her belt then she'll be unstoppable.

May 6, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  276. Phil

How is she the one that's gone? Kris was mediocre and Danny was friggin' awful!

May 6, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  277. Dcutch

I had a spot in my heart that she would pull this season out as winner. Adam is WAY GOOD and will cruise to an easy victory now.

One thing Allison... put me down for presale of your first 10 albums girl, YOU ROCK!

May 6, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  278. Aimee

*Sniff* I'm sorry to see her go!!! That girl can rock, and she will be snatched up for a record deal.....oh...um....tomorrow!

May 6, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  279. patti

Bull it shouldn`t of been Danny.I`t should of been Chris.

May 6, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  280. dave

Allison has nothing to worry about...she's going to get a record contract just like Chris Daughtry did. In fact, exiting now just gives her a better chance to get things in order going into the rehearsals for the summer tour.

Allison you rock...you ARE rock. Looking forward to hearing your first album.

May 6, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  281. Shaiyna

I keep having to ask myself what is wrong with America?!?!?! She was great yesterday and should NOT have gone home tonight.

May 6, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  282. carrie

No, it really should have been Kris, then Danny next week. Wow, what a disappointment. Yeap, guess it is a talent show, not a singing contest

May 6, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  283. Rob

I sure hope Kris wins. Danny gets boring, and I'm tired of Adam's screeching.

May 6, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  284. Kim

It should have been Adam, He is over hyped

May 6, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  285. Jeff

Sent the wrong person home. At least she hit all the right notes. Danny and Chris fell flat. Go figure.

May 6, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  286. Rocco

That is SO wrong. She smoked last night.

May 6, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  287. Renuka

It should've been Kris! Allison will be out with an album and it will sell like hot cakes!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  288. Ann

No way! It should have been Danny!

May 6, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  289. Kim1

It should be Adam

May 6, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  290. Yuna

How ironic, Daughtry was voted off 4th place 3 seasons ago, and here he was back on stage performing tonight, and what happens? Another shocker….Allison goes home!! My jaw just dropped. But just like Daughtry, Allison will go far in her career. Now, it’s up to Adam to win.

May 6, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  291. B

It should have been Danny or Kris. That's okay, little rocker chick. Make that album. I will buy it.

May 6, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  292. TCJ in SC

It really should have been Danny, , Allison was great!

May 6, 2009 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |