May 6th, 2009

Top 4: Gwen Stefani leaves No Doubt

Boy did I miss No Doubt!

No Doubt

It's good to see Gwen Stefani and her wife-beater with the bra straps showing back with the fellas.

They perform "I'm Just a Girl," and Gwen's voice seems to have matured from the early years. Not sure why she felt compelled to do some push-ups, but I get that her body is still sick after two babies.

I think her vocals might have sounded better if she didn't feel the need to run all over the place. Still, it was fun in a comic-book kind of way.

Ryan is so cheeky with his "Hi babe" to Gwen. I'm excited that No Doubt is going on tour. I'm just a fan!

Filed under: television

1. Helen

HER SINGING ABSOLUTELY SUCKED!!!

May 11, 2009 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Franky

"Don't speak...I know what you're thinking, and I don't need your reason, don't speak!!! Don't speak!!!"

Yeah, I like her, she rocks, LOL!!

May 9, 2009 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. BLACKEYEDPEA

someone told her before the performance that it really had to be HIGH ENERGY because it would be after Paula's very high energy performance. So Gwen seemed to take that to the limit and was at times spastic about it. I was exhausted watching her.

May 7, 2009 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. tracy

I thought Gwen rocked, completly blew Paula out of the water.

May 7, 2009 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Julanne

That performance was beyond HORRIBLE! She was acting very bizarre on stage, and showed absolutely no talent...

May 7, 2009 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Aaron

The No Doubt performance of a tired old song was so sad. I:d be embarassed to be Gwen at this point.

It was absolutely pathetic.

May 7, 2009 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. no no doubt

I'm one of Gwen's biggest fans.
    I've always had a crush on her.
    But that performance was wierd.
    Felt like a has-been trying desperately to prove herself.

She didn't seem to be in shape, vocally, to pull off the song and the running around. She sounded winded and the song suffered.

May 7, 2009 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  8. Larry "O"

Sound mix was not that great but No Doubt rocked.

May 7, 2009 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. Karl

Oh such a shame...NOT!!!!! They were a lousy band and because of their bastardized version of ska the genre peaked and died fast in the mid/late 90's. Give me the Skatalites or the Specials anyday over No Doubt!

May 7, 2009 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  10. H

NO DOUBT WAS AWFUL. I CANNOT BELIEVE AMERICAN IDOL HAD THEM PERFORM. THE MORE AND MORE I REALLY AM STARTING TO HATE AMERICAN IDOL. MY WORDS TO THE POWERS OF AMERICAN IDOL IS TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER.

May 7, 2009 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  11. lin

It's strange to see this stunning lady and mother doing hip hop, but good for her. She has more energy than most women half that age.

May 7, 2009 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  12. Ann

Loved the performance and they were freaky in a really cool way. Gwen rocks!

The guy with the tutu made Adam look so tame; I bet some of the viewers were freaking out big time!

May 7, 2009 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  13. devo

she's always done push ups during that song. she does it in the video and during every live performance. a true fan would know that.

she looks amazing, and she sounds great for actually singing, unlike every other pop tartlet lipsynching these days.

May 7, 2009 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  14. elisa

gavintiegirl,
    i 'm so glad you responed and recognize how amazing No Doubt is. Have a blast at the show, i'm hoping to catch them in Fresno, ca and her sing #11 on Tragic Kingdom, that song always made me feel up when i was feeling blue. Rock on!

May 7, 2009 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  15. Mike

She had a baby 2 months ago you say? Then WTF is she doing starting a tour? Thats exacetly whats wrong with America. Moms don't know how to be Moms and more. If you can't be a full time parent, don't have a kid! Feminism = downfall of America.

May 6, 2009 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Allison

The push-ups were an homage to the music video for that song...she did them in the video....

May 6, 2009 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Mike

Not a good performance. But I do give them credit for pefrorming live. I'd much rather see a horrible live performance then another fake lip sync.

May 6, 2009 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Karen

I thought she was terrible tonight and I like some of her songs. Some of these 'stars' perform like they're going to be judged at the end.

May 6, 2009 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  19. gavintiegirl

Elisa,

I am with you. I loved it. I love Gwen best like she was tonight. As juvenile as this is going to sound; She F'ing Rocks! The Tampa show is in 27 days and I can hardly wait. ♥ them!!!

No Doubt is a thing...if you don't get it, you never will. They change the musical landscape at a time when grunge was covering the music world with black. Then along came No Doubt with their funky girl anthem songs and Gwen who is just divine. The fact that she runs around the stage with all that energy and sings too. Her breathy sound coming thru the mic is authentic. It's not your typical lip sync pop star. It's Gwen Stefan and No Doubt. Name one other band that has a female lead singer as amazing as Gwen is.

Oh, and P.S. She had a baby a few months ago. She is fantastic!

May 6, 2009 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Sam

I was disappointed in the performance.

May 6, 2009 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  21. elisa

people expect rock stars to remain the same forever, hate to tell you,but rock stars do age! I first bought Tragic Kingdom in 1996! My gosh i was only 16, guess what i have also aged, but i still love the hell out of No Doubt, ROCK on You guys. I love you.

May 6, 2009 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Dan from Iowa

I thought it was a really lame performance too. If I didn't know Gwen and No Doubt are usually great, I would have had a poor impression. Definitely not their best outing.

May 6, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  23. TCJ in SC

OMG that was not the NO Doubt I remember. Gwen seemed to have a hard time singing their most popular song. She still looks great though. Not good. Did not hear the F-bomb.

May 6, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  24. david

What happened to No Doubt??? That was the worst performance I've ever heard from them

May 6, 2009 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Tammy

Wow! I'm speechless! What a horrible performance. I can't believe idiots actually pay money to see her in concert. YIKES!

May 6, 2009 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Michael

lol Wonderful observation with Ryan's cheekiness. I find him so lame and egocentric.

May 6, 2009 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Patti

I can't be the only one that heard Gwen drop the "F-bomb" shortly after doing those push ups when she was running back to the stage!!!!! So much for that six second delay! Rock on Gwen!!! Hahaha....

May 6, 2009 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  28. yap

it's easier to not lip synch when you aren't being flipped around in the air, not even beyonce can sing and flip simultaneously!!

May 6, 2009 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Theresa

Gwen looks great! Way to show off the post-baby bod! Jealous!!!!

May 6, 2009 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  30. SAAB

And Adam gets a hard time for his "guy liner??? At least he does't wear black n white leggings with a tu-tu and black lip stick....lol

May 6, 2009 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  31. kelly

The push ups were odd.
    There was no doubt she was singing though as opposed to forever Paula.

May 6, 2009 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |