May 6th, 2009

Top 4: Chris Daughtry is coming home

I remember when Chris Daughtry was eliminated on "Idol."

Chris Daughtry

What a shocker that night was. Good to see him and his band Daughtry on the "Idol" stage.

If their new single, "No Surprise," is any indication of what their new album will be like, I am ready to download it now!

I love it when an artist can perform live and really rock it out.

I felt like I was at a concert, and I still can't believe he didn't win "American Idol."

No worries though cause Chris Daughtry is a superstar and the band gets awarded a plaque acknowledging more than five million sales to prove it.

Rock on Daughtry!

Filed under: television

1. Franky

You're a freaking joke Idol...sorry guys, don't mean to bash Idol early in the morning but I know what I'm talking about.

May 9, 2009 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  2. k

Hey Kelly

Taylor Hicks was the winner the year my boy, Daughtry, got the boot.....do you hear from him any more? NOOOOOOO!!!! but it was America's choice to get rid of Daughtry and keep McPhee who forgot her lines 3 times!!!!!!!!!!! And Hicks, who nobody cares about now anyway.....He was on Idol a couple of weeks ago and it was horrible....his own record label dropped him, what does that tell you? Losing Idol was the best thing for Daughtry though, he got to jump right into what HE wanted to do......and look at him now!!!!!!

May 8, 2009 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jeannie

Daughtry was great! I will buy his next CD when it comes out in July. Cann't wait! Daughtry will always be my American Idol!

Adam will take it all this season but there could be disappointment in the horizon lets wait and see what happens.

May 8, 2009 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ugh.

Daughtry's song sucked wicked bad. I almost felt sorry for him. How embarrassing.

May 7, 2009 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. tracy

Daughtry totally rocked, I agree it was probably a good thing that he didn't win, he has much more freedom to write and produce his own music, which is great. Daughtry is so far above and beyond Taylor Hicks. Hicks is by far the single suckiest winner on AI.

May 7, 2009 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Um What?

"If you have true talent, winning AI is not a good thing. Only Clarkson has made it work."

Can you say: Carrie Underwood?

May 7, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. TJ in Tally

Best thing that ever happened to Chris Daughtry's career was getting on American Idol. Second best thing was not winning. It gave him much more control over his material and the direction he wanted to go.

If someone has the fire and the talent, they are going to be fine whether they win on AI or not.

May 7, 2009 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jenny

Daughtry was truly robbed when he did not win the title on American Idol - but alas, the man is rocking on. His sound is tremendous - can't wait for the new cd ~ rock on, Chris!

May 7, 2009 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cycoblitz

"Only Clarkson has made it work."

Some one has forgotten the overwhelming success of Carrie Underwood.

Win or lose, AI opens doors.

May 7, 2009 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Julie

I hate to say this, but I found Taylor Hicks last week way more entertaining than Daughtry this week. Taylor's song at least had a melody & he was all into the bayou bluesyness of it. This new Daughtry tune was just ...... bland. I couldn't repeat one lyric or bar of music if you put a gun to my head, whereas my sons started playing Taylor's song on his guitar right away.

May 7, 2009 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Me

Who writes this crap? That new Daughtry song was tuneless & boring. For crying out loud – are we just supposed to swallow everything the designated "cool guys" put out??? I predict his next CD won't come anywhere near the sales of his first if this is the best song they could come up with for a single.

May 7, 2009 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Erick

this is very dissapointing, i mean shes better than danny and should sing in the finales and to win

May 7, 2009 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  13. Jen

Loved Loved Loved the new single. Chrsi is a constant entertainer. I have seen him in concert about 30 times and he continues to rock my face off each and every time! Can't wait for the new cd to drop!

May 7, 2009 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  14. David B, Ashland, OR

Sorry. If THAT is a sample of his music, I'll pass. BOOOOOOORING.

May 7, 2009 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  15. Leo

May 7, 2009 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  16. Larry "O"

Was not real impressed with the song but it may of been the mix. It seemed like they were off every once in a while. He still rocks and I will be downloading his new album.

May 7, 2009 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  17. Pat

He shoulda done 2 songs. The new one AND one off his 1st album...the one featuring Slash. Perfect timing, Slash was there!! AI missed a great opportunity.

May 7, 2009 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  18. kelly

I remember that night too. In fact I said that it was about this time he was booted (In my mind I half hoped this happened to Adam who thinks he has it in the bag).

I think Chris is great not sure of his new song but have to say he's talented and much better then the winner of that season.
    He's got the last laugh...

He can sing, rock out and something Adam can't do play something musical.

May 7, 2009 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  19. JohnQ118

That Daughtry song was horrid -boring -monotonal and his voice was banal. I lost the lyric in the vocal noise. Terrible. If the entire album is ballads like that it will quickly tank.
    Daughtry has had his fame, I guess. He's still self-important cocky. Whatever Simon says, that will be a recipe for failure (same as Gokey NOkey this week. He too, failed to be humble and was cocky ).

May 7, 2009 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  20. Denise

I'm not impressed with Chris's new single. It sounds like every other song he has put out. So I guess it will be a hit on the mindless sound alike radio scene. Adam Lambert can sing and perform circles around Chris.

May 7, 2009 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  21. lesa

daughtry proves that being fourth place does not mean a death sentence. Taylor hicks who??????????? Allison will be fine and danny will do well. Adam will do great!

May 7, 2009 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  22. Barbara

I saw Daughtry in Vegas last year. What a performance!! Can't wait for his new music.

May 6, 2009 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  23. lin

Kelly: the winner that season was Taylor Hicks. 2nd was Kat McPhee, and 3rd was Elliott Yamin.

May 6, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  24. lin

My favorite always goes home 4th or 5th. boo.

May 6, 2009 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Samantha

daughtry was amazing!!!! can't wait til the album in july.

May 6, 2009 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  26. John

Yea, I wanted it to be Allison and Adam in the finals. At that point, I wouldn't mind if she came in second (Even though I think she should come in first). But this was too early. No way that Gokey should have made it past her.

May 6, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  27. kelly

i had forgotten chris didnt win. who was the winner that year? undoubtledly it was chris, him and his band is amazing. i think allison and adam will be like chris, remembered long long after the season, regardless who wins

May 6, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  28. bridgette

I bought his first album and will buy his second. He's terrific. Not surprised to see Allison leave, the big three-Adam, Danny and Kris had the biggest fan bases. Looking forward to next week, they sing two songs, one judges choice and one of their own. Should be a great week.

May 6, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Bob

Oh well, if Allison has half the success that Daughtry has had, she'll do fine.

May 6, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Mary Donaldson

Let's see, Daughtry, or McPhee...hmmmmm...who will turn out to be a real musician? Daughtry is such a class act and always was. It was great to see him back tonight.

May 6, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  31. carol

daughtry is amazing, can't wait for new cd!!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Patti

I'm real disappointed the Allison is going home. She's much better than Danny and I think that she was the only real competition that Adam would have. I was really looking forward to an Allison/Adam finale.

May 6, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Yuna

How ironic, Daughtry was voted off 4th place 3 seasons ago, and here he was back on stage performing tonight, and what happens? Another shocker....Allison goes home!! My jaw just dropped. But just like Daughtry, Allison will go far in her career. Now, it's up to Adam to win.

May 6, 2009 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  34. honowoowoo

Wait a minute ... I'm from Hawaii ... who got eliminated?? Please don't tell me it's Allison!!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Tina

They kicked off my fav, no reason to watch the rest of the season!

May 6, 2009 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Yuna

I always loved Daughtry and was so excited to see and hear him on stage again. Can't wait for his next CD. Loved the new song.

May 6, 2009 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Eric

BOOOOOO Danny and that scream should have gone. Allison was too good last night to be going...

May 6, 2009 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  38. honowoowoo

I'm so glad that Kris is safe. Please let my girl Allison be safe too!

May 6, 2009 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |