May 5th, 2009

Watch 'American Idol' with CNN.com

On Cinco de Mayo, "American Idol" has gone one better: It's now down to its final four.

The theme tonight is rock, and Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash is scheduled to mentor the remaining four contestants.

Who do you think will rock it out - and who will roll on home after tonight's performances? Watch “American Idol” tonight along with CNN.com’s Lisa Respers France, who will be blogging live during the show.

We want to know your thoughts on who you think will do well tonight. Post your comments below, or head over to iReport to share videos of your thoughts about the show.

Your comment or video may appear on CNN!

Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

1. toni

I think Adam is nothing but a screamer. When he sings normal he is ok, not great. That horrible shrill is like finger nails on a chalk board. I just don't get it. High pitched screaming is not talent!

May 13, 2009 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. M. Freeman

Last evening was not a favorite of mine in the "Rock" category. The best I could come up with is Adam is clearly the front idol. Since I thought last week was a farce in the final line up, I expect and hope this week is genuine! I think Allison or Chris will go, but Gokey could as well if last night's performance is anything to go by. I like Chris
    and really hope that he and Adam are the final two.

May 6, 2009 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. Henry

My pets went into coma after they heard Danny Gokey performed "Dream On." Some even got asthma and epilepsy attack. Thankfully, they miraculously recovered after Gokey's horrific, worst in Idol's history performance. I want Adam, Kris, and Allison finale.

May 6, 2009 at 3:41 am | Report abuse |
  4. what?

650,000 Americans lost their jobs last month, Pakistan is crumbling, and the American economy is in shambles but all you people care about is American Idol? No wonder China is slowly taking over. This country makes mediocrity and athletics the criteria for greatness. What a damn joke!

May 6, 2009 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  5. Denise

BRING BACK THE ROCK AND ROLL ADAM AND ALLISON> THEY BOTH HAVE NATURAL TALENTS AND WE ARE GOING TO SEE A LOT MORE OF THEM> THE OTHER TWO WILL HAVE SOME POPULAR SONGSTHEY CAN MOVE MUSIC BACK TO THE ROCK AND ROLL GENRE WHERE IT SHOULD BE! ROCK ON!!

May 6, 2009 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  6. texassam

Simple-straight-to-it::
    #1Adam
    #2Allison
    #3/4...Who cares!

May 6, 2009 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. tina

I just love Adam. What a voice. He can sing anything. what a talent. i can't wait for his first single. He is the idol for me. He should win. He looks like a young Elvis.

May 6, 2009 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  8. Mary B. Murphy

This was the worst night I have viewed. Surely hope next week is better. I give Kris an A++++. He's great!

May 6, 2009 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  9. cherrylynn4

ADAM ROCKED THE ROCKWORLD TONITE AND HE DID IT IN CLASSY, CLASSIC ADAM-STYLE!!!!! HE IS THE HOTTEST THING TO HIT A STAGE SINCE THE 50'S WHEN ELVIS SHOOK-UP THE WORLD!!! – NOW – FINALLY – WHEN I WAS SURE NOBODY WOULD EVER MAKE MY HEQART TRULY STOP BEATING AGAIN – ALONG COMES A GORGEOUS HUNK NAMED ADAM LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER BEFORE ELVIS, AND NEVER SINCE ELVIS HAS A HUMAN-BEING EVER SHOOK UP THE MUSIC WORLD TILL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ADAM YOU ARE AN "ICON" ALREADY. LOOK-OUT WORLD!!! AND THANK-YOU GOD!!!!

May 5, 2009 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. K.Seeveres

Adam for me is the most talented young man that I've seen in a long time. In my opinion his voice is golden. Every week his performances were close to perfect. As a teenager all I listened to was mostly rock and roll. The Led Zepplan song that Adam sang tonight was absolutely superb-perfect. As far as I'm concerned no one can even remotely sing like him. He has originallety he's got style, he's got the moves, but most of all he is myesterias. The Gothic look that he has fits him well. Danny & Kris are good but I just don't think that Kris's voice carries out that loud belching sound that some songs need. I like Danny's scratchy voice but again he is more on the softer side -and I can actually see him doing pop-rock music. Alison's voice is deep for a girl. Yeah she can sing her little heart out, but will she really be able to put up with the pressure that goes along with every weather it be a singing star or movie star. I think she might be just a little young stiil to deal with big crowds. Sorry Ali. So the bottom line is; who do I think deserves to win? My vote is for Adam! You can do it I know you can.

May 5, 2009 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lill Carsley

I am a 65 year old grandmother. Adam is as hot as a firecracker that just keeps going off. Brings back memories of my younger days when Elvis was young like Adam. Adam is so goodlooking, has a beautiful smile, such pretty teeth and his hair is soooooooo sexy. What else is there to say, oh yes and he can sing and perform like a pro.

May 5, 2009 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. tish

Adam- I think Adam flip flops from AMAZING to CHEESY. Mad World might have been my favorite Idol performace ever. His BLAAAAAH, WAAAAAAAAAAAH, AAAAAAAA screeches annoy the crap out of me. He will be singing along, and I am grooving then: BAM the screeching with the tongue poking out.

Allison- I love the deepness of her voice, but she needs to choose more surprising songs, but I am almost never surprised by her. She is great, but never shockingly amazing. Also, DYE YOUR HAIR BACK to the normal color. She's quite attractive if you can get over the "wanna be shocking" pink

Danny- Danny is the soul man for me. Everything he sings comes out with this great warmth and is almost always beautiful. I think he needs to go back to his own style, where he can rock the house without the extra wacky stuff. I could get chills listening to him just groovin a little and doing his normal thing. He is almost always in tune, and his arrangements are always wonderful

Kris- Kris is a bit of an enigma to me. He has a lovely voice, but he always works the folksy angle. I wish he could bust out with something harder and show us what he can do. He needs a night where he rocks the house. I havent seen that yet

So, here are my predictions:
    Danny and Adam for the predictible final
    Allison and Adam for the most unusual
    Danny and Kris for the smoothest final
    Allison and Kris for the most unexpected top 2
    Kris and Adam for the biggest contrast final
    Danny and Allison for the closest votes in a finale

May 5, 2009 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Barbara McCoy

I thought it was the worst of all American Idol shows. Extremely boring.

May 5, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. WOW

Sorry, Adam and Danny butchered two classics. Allison and Kris were respectable. Kris was the only one that made the song his own. Rock night was not impressive overall.

May 5, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Eddie

After this performance the final order should be:

Adam
    Allison
    Danny
    Kris

Last week I thought Allison might get the boot this week because she performed mediocre. This week it was a tough one between Kris and Danny. Allison didn't do much better but did outperform Kris and Danny this week. Kris and Danny both gave mediocre performances tonight. Adam, you rock bro! You are definitely on a higher level than your competition.

So if someone must go then I guess this week it should be Kris. His voice just wasn't there tonight. Since this is a week by week challenge you've got to come ready.

Sorry Kris ........

P.S – Stick with the piano. I believe you sing truer while playing it.

May 5, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  16. AIfan2009

Welcome back, Adam! I knew he was going to tear it up this week. As much as I'd love to see him win this season, I think last week's "bottom two" was needed as well. He just seemed to be getting a little too comfortable with everything. I definitely don't think he'll be there tomorrow night though.

May 5, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. ehjambo33

Allison is (in my opinion) the best out of the four of them. Adam is a little to...goth/emo for my taste, Kris...well...he is good, but he isnt great. Danny is a little too...i dont know what he is, but it certainly is NOT a singer.

May 5, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  18. linda p

pecking order Adam, Allison, Kris, Danny-byebye

May 5, 2009 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  19. sophoan

I love Allision cos her voice is great and great! sometime I think Adam is good but Allision good than him and when she sing the song call "Alone by heart " it's very great voice !
    she is a good talented

May 5, 2009 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  20. linda p

Kris is sounding good

May 5, 2009 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  21. linda p

from a 60 year old grandmother, Adam is killer!!

May 5, 2009 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Bob

Danny and Kris are definitely out of their element with rock. They are not rockers.

May 5, 2009 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Bob

Why would you want Adam to win AI? Wouldn't he be better off not tied to the AI machine? All of this publicity would surely garner him a better deal where he wouldn't have to compromise his sound.

May 5, 2009 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Joy

Allison sounded good...not Adam, but still good. I think the song lyrics were too "old" for her. She is very, very talented though.

May 5, 2009 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Joy

OMG!!! OMG!!! Adam ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got cold chills. That was truely amazing. Remember VOTE FOR ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 5, 2009 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Linda

Adam rocked the stage! He is unbeatable..and if anyone thinks he is not a superstar, guess what? Not so much!

May 5, 2009 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Paul Baldwin

Well, I actually believe that they will all do well. However, it seems this show is Adam and Allison's to give away. I think Kris will have the biggest chore ahead of him as the other three naturally have a rock edge to their voices. We'll see!

May 5, 2009 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Ann

BTW, Allison is good but she's not polished. She needs a makeover, better stage presence, and she should learn to enunciate so she doesn't sound so garbled all the time.

Go Adam, you are AI's dream. They obviously need YOU more than you need THEM.

May 5, 2009 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Bob

Adam = Rocky Horror Zeppelin

May 5, 2009 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Diaryofamadbathroom

Well, Adam almost made that look easy.

May 5, 2009 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Mel.

wow! Adam will do great. As will Allison.

May 5, 2009 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Gail

If Adam is only a "Broadway" singer then why does he have SIX of the top Ten Idol downloads?! I would totally buy any CD he put out...go see him on tour, and listen to him on the radio. This guy can do it all, and tonight you'll see it once again....

May 5, 2009 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Ann

Oh god, another "Adam is Broadway" comment. They are getting old. If you don't have anything creative to say, just don't say it at all.

I seriously wish people would stop being PENGUINS!

May 5, 2009 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  34. anonymous

Apparently they've had massive problems on the set in the last 30 minutes. The stage manager got hurt and was taken off in an ambulance and they've had a big problem with the set. They had to cancel dress rehearsal.

May 5, 2009 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  35. HeyItsmeDude

Its time to Rock and Roll !!!...Good luck TOP four!

May 5, 2009 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Janice Hamilton

God bless the remaining contestants!

Janice Hamilton,
    New Orleans, LA

May 5, 2009 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Judy

Rock should be a natural winner for Adam and for Allison too. I can't see Kris pulling off any real rock n'roll – more like rock lite. Danny will make a rock song sound just like every other song cause all his songs sound alike anyway.

May 5, 2009 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Adjo

I am REALLY hoping that Alison rocks it out tonight and finally gets the praise she deserves. This is definitely the most talented Idol group I've seen, but in my opinion, she shines far brighter than the rest. For me, she is the only contestant that really embodies what American Idol is about...the idea that an amazing talent can be propelled to stardom when they probably would have gone undiscovered otherwise. Adam is clearly a gifted vocalist, but his voice and style have no relevance to today's popular music. He's all Broadway...I can't imagine what kind of music he would put out or who would listen to it outside of the American Idol studio. Danny has a nice voice too, but I hate the way that he sings songs that are obviously intended to manipulate the audience's sympathy based on the fact that he lost his wife. Kris is not the best vocalist, but of the four he is probably the only one who seems radio ready and marketable in the music industry. Having said that, they're all great...I just love Alison...she touches me everytime she sings...she's authentic...talented beyond belief...and represents tons of young people in the world who have a gift and a dream, but no oppurtunity. I can't wait for the show!!!!!

May 5, 2009 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  39. exactaman2003

OK lets get it real. The 2 big rock people in the final 4 is Adam and Allison, the 2 A's. They get A's for their talent while the other 2 gets B's when it comes to rock.

So my prediction is that you will probably see Danny and Kriss in the bottom 2 and then you will see Chris gone......but anything is possible this year. But dont expect to see Adam voited out.

May 5, 2009 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Di

Sounds like a great night for Adam and Allison! Danny not so much!!!

May 5, 2009 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  41. t

got u lol

May 5, 2009 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  42. t

Adam sucks

May 5, 2009 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  43. S Callahan

Allison definately has the advantage is this one....we'll see...

May 5, 2009 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  44. VH

i think Adam and Allison will do great.

May 5, 2009 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  45. sandra green

allison and adam.

May 5, 2009 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Michele

This will be Adam's night, yet again. Chris is not a rocker, and Allison will do OK. I still don't like Danny Gokey, but he will survive this week. Is it two songs each tonight?

May 5, 2009 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  47. B

Slash as a mentor.....seriously?

This week will be hard. The final four are all great and I will hate to see any of them go.

May 5, 2009 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Chris

Simple Mathematics. If there are two performers that are significantly more popular than the other 3, then they may very well split the majority of the votes leaving them with less each than than some of the others. For example, lets say that there were 45 Million voters. If the two most popular performers revieved the majority of the votes or say 21 Million votes, but of those fans, they were split over who to pick between them. So one could have theoretically recieved only 9 Million Votes and the other 12 Million....So lets say that Kris received the 12 Million Votes, Allison received 10 Million(cuz shes the only female), Danny received 11, cuz he wasn't as good as either Kris or Adam, and Adam (who was really the other best performer but unfortunately split the best votes with Kris) only received 9 million votes. The remaining 3 million votes could have gone to Matt. That leaves Allison, Kris and Danny safe and Adam and Danny in trouble, however, it was never really in doubt who would go home at that point

May 5, 2009 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  49. sabrina

Not to sound cliche, but this all depends on the song choice. Even Adam can hurt himself with a poor song. Looking at this from a positive point of view, I feel they will all do well if they pick good songs. I feel that Kris will be weakest on rock night and Adam or Allison strongest. Danny can pull it off but he wont be as believable at it.
    REMEMBER ADAMS FANS.. VOTE!!!!!!!!!! We dont want him going home tomorrow, that would be a tragedy!

May 5, 2009 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Yaegerbomb

This is Allison's night and great timing for her. She needs to knock it out tonight because Adam will scream us too death, Danny will be playing is imaginary turntables and Chris will smirk us stupid.

ALLISON, ITS YOUR NIGHT BABY!!!

May 5, 2009 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  51. jim

Adam will be out after tonight. Bye bye Adam!

May 5, 2009 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Doppy

Oh! And why have they stopped having the contestants sing 2 songs when it gets near the last 5 performers? I miss that! Bring it back! I'd love to see these final four performing more than one song an episode.

May 5, 2009 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Doppy

I am hoping Adam does a Guns N Roses song. That would be amazing. But I think Allison will be going home. I don't think this will be a strong night for anyone but Adam. Guess we'll see!!! I'm anxious to watch the show tonight. Love Slash!

May 5, 2009 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Ryan

Well adam and allison have been the only two people this year that have above average voices and they will finally be performing decent songs... IT should actually be somewhat watchable.

May 5, 2009 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  55. MD

It's going to be hard no matter who gets voted off. All these people are pretty top notch, IMO. I'd be happy to see any of them win the show..though my vote is for Danny.
    I guess I see Danny, Adam, and Allison really sounding the best this week.
    I like Kris, but for some reason I just don't see him in the same rock vein as I do the other three; particularly Adam and Alison.

My guess would be that Kris will go this week, and then Allison next week..leaving Adam and Danny to fight it out for the 2009 Idol crown.

But that's JMO!

May 5, 2009 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  56. SFrost

It will be Allison, she rocks.

May 5, 2009 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Scout

Adam will blow away the other three and we are out in force to make sure the voting is over the top this week for Adam.

May 5, 2009 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Yuna

Dear God let it be either Danny or Kris to go home. I KNOW both Adam and Allison will Rock the Show tonight!!!

May 5, 2009 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Elvis is turning over in his grave

Slash? On American Idol? My goodness, what has rock n' roll come to? That is pathetic, Slash.....

May 5, 2009 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Beavis

After disco night and the Rat Pack, I'm really looking forward to tonight. I think they can all do well.....IF they make the right song choice.

May 5, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |