April 29th, 2009

Surprise elimination on 'Dancing'

“Dancing with the Stars” co-host Tom Bergeron predicted fans could see the most shocking elimination of this season - and he was right.

After “Bachelor” alumna Melissa Rycroft skipped Monday’s competition due to a rib injury and rodeo star Ty Murray received some mixed comments from the judges, it seemed one of them would be booted from the competition last night.

But Murray was proclaimed safe early during the results show, prompting tense moments for the rest of the celebrity dancers and their professional partners.

The last two couples standing were a tearful Rycroft and her partner Tony Dovolani, and country singer Chuck Wicks and his partner Julianne Hough.

And surprise, it was Wicks who won’t be returning to the competition!

Wicks and Hough, who are a real-life couple, have been getting great comments from the judges lately, but apparently "Dancing" fans felt otherwise.

Meanwhile, Rycroft said she hopes treatment will keep her going in the competition despite her injury and added that it broke her heart to miss Monday’s show.

Do you think the right couple went home?

Post by: ,
Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. jl

Melissa is a star, just check out a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader outfit. Stars all it.

Many contestants have been unknown and not "stars". Stacy a few years ago had been a pro wrestler, the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, etc etc.

Melissa has been on the cover of People magazine and betcha almost everyone living in this country knows who she is. ? star, you bet!

April 30, 2009 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jo Ellen

I am not watching Dancing this season due to the fact that the "Sham" Melissa is on there so I didn't know who got kicked off, but, As Always, It should have been the Fake, Sham, Melissa

April 29, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Allie B

I wasn't surprised (or unhappy) that Chuck and Julianne were voted off. Chuck's dancing improved a lot in the last few weeks and I congratulate his efforts. I don't think he would have lasted as long as he did if he wasn't partnered with Julianne. Melissa and Tony have been consistently strong through the entirety of the season and deserved to stay on. Half of the score is the audience vote so their fan base stepped in to keep them in it. That's the way the show rolls – for EVERY CONTESTANT. Let's get real – Melissa and Tony would have likely been at the top or near top of the board had they performed, so they would not have been voted off this week. DWTS rules allow for the judges to view and grade a dress rehearsal or other rehearsal. The judges are DANCERS too and they know Melissa's level of talent and while they marked her down – they weren't going to mark her too low because of a track record. I was a professional cheerleader in my younger days and while I was a very good "dancer," I wasn't the caliber of Melissa. You aren't expected to be either. Good looks and personality (according to those that selected the squad) were FAR more important. Yes you had to be able to learn basic dance routines and execute them well. So for the record – a past life as a pro cheerleader does not mean that you can dance as well as Melissa. Also – Tony is a fabulous partner who is usually paired with women who have no chance of winning. So glad he has a more than capable partner this year. He's a terrific dancer and wonderful competitor. I hope Melissa is up to the task next week.

April 29, 2009 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lorraine

I have to say that I think Melissa should have been gone a long time ago. I don't understand how they could have even brought her there. She's a professional cheerleader, what do professional cheerleaders do, DANCE!!!!! She is getting sympathy votes that's for sure! Melissa didn't even perform in the live show, she got 7s, the judges were talkign about only half the points for that, ok, uh, my math skills tell me that half of 10, is 5!!!!!!!!!!

April 29, 2009 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. quimbey

If your don't show up, your forfeit. Even t-ball players know that.

April 29, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  6. msd

Chuck deserved to go home because he is one of the two weakest dancers left along with Ty. Ty however has likability on his side. Chuck has contrived chemistry with Julianne that too many can see straight through.

April 29, 2009 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. I'mjustsayin'

Melissa is already a dancer and as Derek said, "Does America just want to see a dancer dance or a non-dancer become a dancer."
    That's a glaring disparity between herself and the other celebs and in her case I use the term celeb loosely.
    I'm only surprised like Carrie Ann said that Melissa "lacks any Cuban hip motion". Watch her. She's stiff in those hips and can't 'em like little Kim, in the Afro Cuban S-curve way. L'il Kim can do the ballet movements like Melissa can as well as get down and dirty when it's time too.
    Chuck doesn't have the best hip movement in the world but I'll betcha he puts what he can in there and he's a man!
    Giles can do it all (hips, grace, agility, comedy, sexiness) as well as L'il Kim. I really hope it's going to be between these two & their fierce choreographers, Cheryl and Derek.
    As far as Chuck & Julianne being booted, that's just making room for my picks. Hopefully & soon it will be Melissa and Tony's time to go too.

April 29, 2009 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. maggie mamm

It was exactly what I expected and rightly so.....if Melissa can get through this injury she could be in contention for the top three....Ty is adorable but I think we've seen his last week............

My guess is Guille or Lil Kim for top two......I hope Guille comes through.......he's a natural............

April 29, 2009 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. BT

Steve O was judged from a taped rehearsal because of injury and was not sent home. So why should Melissa have to leave? America voted and the bottom line is she received more votes because she is a better dancer, which is what it is all about.

April 29, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. mukazzi

Let's look at what happened: Melissa was not able to do her requisite dance after rehearsal due to what appears to be a hairline fracture in her rib (ouch!). The judges had no choice but to judge the performance based on the rehearsal tape. My opinion -the scores were a bit high: a '21'. But I felt it was fair because even though a professional was brought in for the group dance, only the celebrities could be judged. My opinion -were the votes coming in to "make up" for Melissa not being there? Yes.

Now let's go to Tom and Samantha -who have NO CLUE how to create mystery and NOT reveal what's about to happen. Unless Melissa is a great actress, she had no idea what was going to happen. If there could have been voting on that night, her tugging on her lower, trembling lip and wiping away tears would have gotten her the highest sympathy vote. Samantha, who asks questions with a hint of crassness and reveals the judges' scores BEFORE they're seen; Tom, who is becoming barely amusing.

Should Melissa should have been eliminated? Yes, but for a more simple reason. People (those who were voting) needed to take in consideration the extent of her injury, how it affected her rehearsal (and it wasn't even the dress rehearsal), how it could become worse with other dances. Even Gille getting shots for his shoulder is dangerous because he may not be aware of any more damage he's doing.

April 29, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. GA girl

I think both Melissa and Chuck should have stayed and Mr. Cowboy-stiffy-pants should have gone home. How the heck is he still in the show??

April 29, 2009 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. David

As long as professional dancers Derek Hough and/or Maksim are left remaining...I will continue to watch any and every season....Yummmm!

April 29, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. kd

I don't think Chuck and Julianne should have been eliminated. They were finally up there with the rest of the dancers. I think some people are jealous of them because they are both so cute and actually like being together. This is a dance contest afterall. I think Melissa should bough out. She made a spectical of herself Tuesday night with the tears. If anyone is in love with themself it is her. She does dance good but she probably will not win. I think Gilles should win.

April 29, 2009 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. melissa

Agree with all in reagrds to Melissa 'needing' to bow out. ABC wants to keep her in because of 'The Bachelor' incident ...re: the break-up portion. I'm pulling for Giles, Burke's partner!

April 29, 2009 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Val

I just adore Ty. He represents what the show used to/should still be...and that is to take the person LEAST likely to dance and turn them into someone that continually makes improvement. I love Melissa but she's a dancer- was with the Cowboys cheerleaders. Go Ty! Keep up the good work!

April 29, 2009 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Lynn

I agree with Lee Anne!

April 29, 2009 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  17. MARCI BALL

MELISSA SHOULD HAVE BEEN BOOTED,SHE IS REALLY A BIG DUD,JULIANNE IS FANTASTIC,I WILL NOT WATCH THE REST OF THE SEASON...GRAVE ERROE..

April 29, 2009 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Mary

I'm glad that Melissa stayed because this is the first season that Tony has had a decent partner. He usually gets paired with an older star. I enjoy seeing him perform with a talented partner.

April 29, 2009 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jayla

Crystal, all of those reasons you listed as to why we SHOULDN'T watch this show are exactly all of the reasons WHY I watch this show. Please, is it too much to ask that I take ONE HOUR away from all the problems of the world to enjoy a little bit of mindless entertainment? Get over yourself.

As for who went home, I was ready to say bye-bye to Julianne and her boyfriend, predict Ty will go next followed by Shannon. Cheryl and Gilles will win, hands down.

April 29, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Me

It doesn't really matter, they weren't going to win the whole thing anyway.

April 29, 2009 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Susan

WHO is voting for that stiff non-bending TY??? He needs to go go go ...

April 29, 2009 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  22. vmd

Yes, Melissa has had great past performances. But not necessarily consistently good. Chuck has picked his game up considerably and should still be competing. Maybe she knew she wouldn't make it so she wore those jeans that barely stayed up on her butt. Ty is no longer a contender. But season after season they say someone should be gone and they hang around another week out of sympathy from their fan base and knock out a better dancer. GO Gilles n Lil Kim-the best hard luck/ redemption story on the show!

April 29, 2009 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  23. sab

Actually, I thought the little butter ball gymist shoud have been the one to go. This being said, when it got down to Melissa and Chuck, I was disappointed that "horse teeth" Melissa got to stay. She didn't do as well in the video as Chuck did. Makes one ponder on just how much of the audience votes skew the judges votes as Melissa was low man on the pole on judges points behind everyone by 5 points. Makes you wonder how the votes are really counted..........

April 29, 2009 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  24. anabel

I love Shawn and she is completely adorable – a gold medalist and a fine gymnast. She has the body iof a gymnast not a dancer and even though her dancing is excellent, the body image isn't there in contrast to the long legged beauties. Give her kudos for trying. Lil Kim also is a bit chunky, but she certainly become a dancer to be reckoned with! Chuck and Julianne were becoming a bit much – good luck to them elsewhere. I love Cheryl and Gilles – she could make anyone look good! Ty is now a real dancer – can you believe it? – but a bit wooden
    The Melissa situation should have been resolved with good grace by taking herself out of the competion – some of the lifts and twists have to involve the ribs and cortisone isn't going to do it. Rib injuries ave verey painful and slow to heal. Most times uyou can't even take a deep breath.So said, may the best couple win – and while I think Cheryl/Gilles have an edge, Derek and Kim may surprise us.

April 29, 2009 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Kananto

I'm so glad Melissa is still in the competition. She is one of the best dancers this season and I'm looking forward to see what more she can do. Hope that injury doesn't hold her back. In past seasons, I've adored Julianne but with all the couple stuff with her real-life boyfriend this year – not so much. Cutesie overload.

April 29, 2009 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  26. JAD

Very Smart of people to watch Chuck and not Julianne. He got better but was never quite there. Ty just got better!!! Melissa is fabulous and should have been saved. If she can't compete next week then off she must go. What a shame, she was wonderful to watch and sooo good.

April 29, 2009 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Sue

I wish the dancers were judged more on their dancing and less on their popularity or personalities. I enjoy the dancers who have some talent and work hard to improve their technique and presentation each week. I think Ty has improved since the beginning of the show, however I think he is the "weakest link" and needed to be eliminated last night.

April 29, 2009 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Donal Welch

Get a life, people.

April 29, 2009 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Itala

I was surprised that Chuck & Julianne were in the botom two last night. Ty is the weakest dancer, but with Melissa's injury, maybe she should've been the one to be eliminated so she can recover from her injuries. I'd hate to see her giving another weak performance next Monday, and get the sympathy vote from the viewers.

April 29, 2009 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Sandy

Melissa should have been the one to go. She is not that great - not bad - but not great - and there's no one more phony there than her. That stupid crying last night was so typical of the drama diva she is. She wasn't even told to leave and she was crying already. Please . . . spare us. Injuries are unfortunate and disappointing. Sure. They have cut short the competition for others, but no one should have been eliminated last night. Chuck and Julianne have greatly improved and Ty is working his heart out. Shawn is young, so she's been challenged and the fact that she is shorter and has shorter legs, makes it difficult for her but she has done a great job. As a whole, they are all good, but one had to go. I'm just sorry it was Chuck. Each week now it will be tougher to choose who to send home.

April 29, 2009 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  31. art

Ty has a better personality than Chuck. He has the capacity of resilience, humility and the capacity for hardwork. That's why the audience saved him. Also, Chuck seemed to resist julianne's efforts to teach him, on the basis of her being his girlfriend and all. That irritated me. He should learn to adapt himself. Hope they mature after their surprising elimination. Life's hard knocks put things in perspective, and helps establish your priorities. My favorites are Gilles and cheryl, and Derek and Lil Kim. Melissa and Tony could take third place.

April 29, 2009 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Laudis

Yes, it was the right decision. Melissa is much better dancer than Wicks...great job America!

April 29, 2009 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  33. jane

the right hough went home...tired of chuck & Julianne... just keep Lil Kim & Derek – he's the hot Hough

April 29, 2009 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  34. rs

I cannot understand the appeal of Shawn. She is amazing with gymnastics–that's not even debatable. But dance has a flow and as much as i hate to say it gymnastics is choppy. I watched her once and that was enough for me.

April 29, 2009 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Ashley

Yes, yes, and yes again. I could not stand to watch those two dance. People were only voting for them because they are the 'cute couple'. I'm glad they're gone, now let's hope Melissa is next.

April 29, 2009 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Sharon

I have been an avid watcher of "Dancing"...however, I will not watch the rest of the season. Melissa is good, but it is unfair for her to continue. She won't be the same from here on. Bring back Julianne and Chuck.

April 29, 2009 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  37. bunnybonnet

YAY! Other viewers besides me finally got sick of the "happy sexy couple" sleaze from Jules & Chuck. Each week they were becoming more barf-inducing! I hope the show's producers think twice before allowing any more real-life couples on the show. Ugh.

April 29, 2009 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  38. MotherT

That sucked. I think Melissa is a great dancer, but is her injury healed enough already that she can get back to rehearsing, if so she couldnt have been that bad off. If not then she should have gone home.
    Chuck is not great, and neither is Ty, by to see their change of attitude from ho hum to complete determination and admit they are now enjoying the dancing and actually want to improve it so fun to watch.
    Like Len said, to see a great dancer stay great is one thing but to watch an okay dancer improve is what the show is really about.

April 29, 2009 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  39. DL

Ty should have gone back to Palookaville weeks ago!

April 29, 2009 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Becky

I am SO glad Chuck & Julianne are gone. They are both phonies.
    She has stated in the past that she is a good Mormon girl that is going to wait until marriage to have sex. That is so no true! His hands were everywhere & that should have left for the bedroom.
    Their dancing was too raunchy & that is why the fans were not impressed.

April 29, 2009 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Barb

Melissa should have gracefully bowed out as others have done in the past. Her stint on The Bachelor does not make her a star. I am still hopeful Gilles will win. He is the best!!!

April 29, 2009 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Johny Dynamic

Julianne Hough is probably a very nice person, but let's face it; some disappointment in her life is probably a good thing, because, with her looks and talent, it probably doesn't happen that often.

April 29, 2009 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Janice

I think that Ty was the weakest dancer and should have left but it really does not matter because Chuck was soon to follow, just probably one week before he should have. I do not know if I missed something, but no one mentioned that this is Juliann's real goodbye to the show. Sad to see her go because she is such a great dancer; she seems talented in many ways for such a young woman. So I think Ty is next to go, and then it will be real difficult to judge the rest. My sense is that Melissa will go after that, then Lil Kim or Shawn and the winner will be the French guy.

April 29, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Carol

I am glad Chuck and Julianne left the show. Chuck was an extremely slow starter and I feel some of his earlier scores were higher only because of Julianne. If Chuck was not Julianne's love interest, he would have been sent packing long before this. However, ABC wanted Julianne's face in front of the camera a few more weeks. OMG, what would the world be like if Julianne and her partner only lasted two shows? Forget about Melissa who was consistently good and Ty who tries his heart out and is genuine-it's all about Julianne and the adult body language. NOT!!!

April 29, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Barb Harrington

Who cares! The whole show is boring. I haven't watched the past few seasons. One season was enough!

April 29, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  46. DEE

I do not beleive last night was the right decision by any means!!!!! I guess I am thru watching for the year.. Might as well go back to the other show that is not fare,"IDOL" At least on Idol, if they have a sore throat they still have to sing no matter how bad it sounds. If Melissa wanted to continue, she should of had to dance.. I guess you guys will all be writing next week if she is not able to dance again and she makes it thru another week... If they give her enough time she is bound to heal..... I hope she don't win, POOR MELISSA.....

April 29, 2009 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Sandy

Wrong move! Melissa's injury is not going away. What if she comes up lame again this week? She should have bowed out gracefully and that way no one would have been eliminated. Her injury is not going to disappear over a few hours. It will takes weeks for rib fractures to heal. I did not like her on Bachelor and still don't like her personality. A little too whiny for me.

April 29, 2009 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  48. jj

News flash – the show IS rigged. By the producers, the judges, the phone votes and the fact that all judging is subjective. Other than that, is one grand good time.

And OK, Melissa wants – needs – to be a star. She doesn't have the humble demeanor of Gilles, the other great dancer, and her need to succeed is grating on some people. Let her dance and enjoy the show.

Gilles will likely win anyway. Women – the only ones voting, don't vote for women.

April 29, 2009 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Crystal

Why does this matter to anyone in this country right now? We are in the middle of a big health concern, our sons and daughters are fighting a war, people are losing their houses and their jobs, and the only thing the American public is concerned about is who gets booted off a reality show? Does anyone else think that there is something wrong with this picture? Seriously, in this country we have a million other things we should be concentrating on, we have juveniles getting adult prison sentences, pregnant teenagers, people with no jobs, come on now, if all of us spent this extra energy on fixing problems in our community, our society would be a much better place.

April 29, 2009 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  50. jillmp

No way should it be Chuck and Julianne to go. It should have been Ty! Of the 2, Ty still dances like he's a stiff board. And, what if Melissa can't finish? Then C & J's dismissal would be for nothing.

April 29, 2009 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Pam

I too hated to see Chuck and Julianne go – they're a great couple and he is much improved! However I don't believe Melissa should have left due to the injury – Steve O did not and we heard the dr say she could perform with restrictions – that was her's and Tony's choice. I believe Ty got to stay because Len told him it was time for him to go and he got the sympathy votes!

Last thing – we're not looking just at ONE NIGHT's performance – but at ALL 7 WEEKS! In that case Melissa should be there – she is a much better performer than both Chuck and Ty.

April 29, 2009 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Carol

Absolutely the wrong couple went home last night, it should have been Ty...he clearly cannot dance!!! Chuck and Julianne should not have been the couple leaving. It is painful to watch Ty dance, but I suppose I'll have to bear it for, what will hopefully be, one more week.

April 29, 2009 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Pam, Missouri

Given Melissa's injury, I think she should have bowed out giving the others another shot. Chuck was seriously improving, and Ty had his moments. But he was trying really hard.
    Melissa needs to get that rib healed and forget about the competition. But I guess the money and being in front of the camera are more important to her now.

Stay home, heal the rib, let everyone else have a shot.

April 29, 2009 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Melanie

I think that if you don't dance you should go home. The judges shouldn't get to judge you on the taped dance. Either proform that night or go home. And Melissa's rib isn't going to heal in a week. She should have went home.

April 29, 2009 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Cheri

They definitely got this one wrong. First of all, I've been a fan of Melissa's from the beginning but I don't think it's right that she didn't perform and gets to stay. That is not right. Not fair at all to the other contestants who have been working so hard. She should not have gotten any points for the group dance either since she didn't perform in it. Secondly, I like Ty and I think he's the most improved dancer but he is still the weakest dancer and he should be the next to leave. Chuck would not have won but it wasn't fair that he had to go home before Melissa and Ty. I also think Chuck would have been a much better dancer if he would have been partnered with someone other than Julianne. Julianne is an excellent dancer but I don't think she had him do enough moves in the beginning. Some of their earlier dances were more about her. He would have done a lot better with someone like Cheryl. I've been mixing my votes up between Gille, Melissa, Shawn and Chuck but I think now I need to just pick one and that would be Gille.

April 29, 2009 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Jim J

Justice at last! Chuck is an arrogant fool (he seems to think he's as hot as Gilles – NOT!) and I'll be happy to never again have to witness him making love to Julianne while wearing matching PJ's on the dance floor. Good riddance and get a room!

April 29, 2009 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Mary Mondatsos

I think Chuck and Julianne should still be allowed to practice for next week and if Melissa is still unable to perform they should be given the chance to compete again.

April 29, 2009 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Tim

Julianne is a great dancer, but I was getting tired of Chuck. Seems like an egotist to me. I think him dancing with Julianne made him look better then he was.

I can't believe Ty is still around. He has had some absolutely deplorable dances, regardless of whether he is a nice guy or not.

Melissa is a great dancer. It was disappointing to not see her dance, but I don't think that should automatically bar her from moving on.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. Melissa has been great this whole time, while Chuck had a lot of ups and downs. I still believe we will see Melissa and Giles in the finals.

April 29, 2009 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  59. rorobyn

Absolutely not. Ty is the worst dancer on the show compared to the other couples, he should have been eliminated, or Melissa, but not Chuck, they were a good couple. At this part of the competition only the best should remain standing, after Chuck's elimination last night this is now not true.

April 29, 2009 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  60. jl

The fractured rib will take 4 to 6 weeks to heal. Can't see her continuing on as she will not be able to practice her routine effectively. Too bad. I remember Susan Lucci danced thru a fractured metatarsal last year.

I agree with the comment above about judging the guys and girls separately. What the guy does and the girl does is just completely different. Let the guys wear high heels to make it more even.

April 29, 2009 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Alice

I agree with Judy! Shawn is not a dancer! She looks like a robot; and she didn't look happy last night. I would almost bet that she wants this to hurry up and end as she didn't look like she was having any fun or wanted to be there!

April 29, 2009 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  62. yawn

who cares
    read a book instead

April 29, 2009 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Brad

The right couple got booted. Wicks and Hough are really hot....in their own minds. I found myself wanting to stick my finger down my throat. That one number that looked like they were having sex on the stage was really over the top and offensive. They may want to let a little air out of their heads....as a couple of course.

April 29, 2009 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Sharon

I thought that Ty needed to be sent packing but alas, it was Julianne and Chuck. The best dancers are Gilles and Melissa but Lil' Kym has really surprised me! She's a contender! I must agree with 'DWTSfan', this is such a great family show. My two year old gets so excited when she hears the music at the beginning! She comes running and immediately starts twirling and dancing!

April 29, 2009 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Ltdn5021

Come on...let's face it, they are throwing Melissa a meat ball. She was a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader so, yes, she has more of a dancing background that the average celebrity that is going to be on that show. The ABC producers will do everything to keep her on there because of the publicity that she brings to the show following what happened on The Bachelor. She is beautiful and she can dance...I can't take that from her, but I am inclined to think that she will win the whole thing because the muckity-mucks at ABC have already decided that is the way it should go down. Nontheless, I am totally pulling for Cheryl Burke and her partner.

April 29, 2009 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  66. DOT

Boo

April 29, 2009 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Debbie

Once again, ABC has used Melissa for a ratings game. Everyone that has eyes could see that it's Ty that should have been standing there next to Chuck. They make sure to tell you that the other couple is not necessarily the next lowest in points, but it still makes everyone think they are just by being up there. Chuck's rude comment that it's just the fans keeping Melissa on was uncalled for. He and his little snot Julianne along with Max and others have been against her from the start, saying she has an unfair advantage...WHAT??? What about Mel B, Lance Bass, Joey Fatone...they all had dancing backgrounds. She was invited on the show, she didn't come calling and begging...give her a break. If she was awful, I'd agree that she needed to go, but she is fascinating to watch and one of the most genuine people I've seen on TV – she's not a fake.

April 29, 2009 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  68. nancy l. lawrence

I thought Ty or Shawn would have been voted off. Melissa is an a wonderful dancer, and sympathy has nothing to do with the votes, she is a natural. Saying that I admire all of the contestants, the give it their best!

April 29, 2009 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  69. shirley

Just send them all home,can 't any of them dance the ones that
    should win are vote off early because of the system they have in place
    let the public vote.Please that means that Ty could win and he should
    have been gone the third week, a lot of good dancers lost because of
    that system,i don"t watch anymore not since (MEL BE) Was cheat out of
    the trophy, everyone knows she should have won not the race can driver.
    He was not as good as she was she got ten about four time i thank
    he may have gotten them twice.

PS.
    I hope the judges start doing all the voting and not the public.

April 29, 2009 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Betty

Chuck and Julianne should not have been voted off. Melissa's injury is unfortunate, but she should have removed herself. I cannot imagine that she will be able to perform again as well as the past. Besides that, one does not vote based on past performances, only the one at hand. Of course, with both Chuck and Julianne beginning their tours on May 9, perhaps it was decided they would go now anyway???

April 29, 2009 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  71. cissy & ben

how short are our memories? steve o also had an injury and did not dance one week but stayed on the show. he also did not realy dance, he walked through the dance while bragging about doing it without drugs and alcohol. as far as the audience is concerened, this show is based on popularity also. ty is a successful dance story and he is a gentleman! yes the right couple went home.

April 29, 2009 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  72. dancingfan

Melissa should have left the show. Chuck and Julieanne will eventually be Vegas material. I love Ty, and he is the one with the least dancing experience who has progressed the most.... however, Gilles or Lil Kim will probably win.

Other performers withdrew when injured. They should not judge on rehersal tapes.

I would like to see the show be judged only by the judges and only on dancing ability.

April 29, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Yvonne

I can't see how Melissa's hairline fractured rib(s) is/are going to heal in record time. Took mine almost 2 months without all of the jumpin', jivin' and turkeying around. I think she should gracefully bow out of the competition to let herself heal, rather than chance making it worse. She seems to thrive on sympathy. First from getting dumped by the Bachelor and now being injured from dancing. Good grief.

I am, however, happy to see Julianne and Chuck go home. I'm tired of all of the cutesy cutesy grabby grabby smoochy smoochy. I did think that Ty or Shawn would have been voted off before them, though.

April 29, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Elizabeth

The only reason Mellissa didnt get voted off is because of the whole Bachelor thing. She couldnt perform, so she shouldnt have been able to go on, or at least there should have been nobody eliminated, as others have said. Any other competition you would be disqualified for not performing for the judges. But I guess everyones way too greedy for money to have a real show and a real competition. I say its all rigged.

April 29, 2009 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Sue Jacunski

I have to say that even though Melissa is quite good that with a rib injury I can't see her completing the competition. Also I do think Chuc ck and Julianne should tone down their intimate performance on the dancefloor. I think Melissa is better than Chuck but I will miss Julianne.

April 29, 2009 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Sue

No, It should have been Melissa or Ty. I'm sick of all the "poor Melissa" garbage. She's not a victim, she went into the Bachelor knowing the risks and he did her a favor by ending what waasn't a good relationship. Let's move past it and on to other things. Based on their performance and judging from Monday night the WRONG person went home and that is Len's fault!

April 29, 2009 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  77. T-Bone

All of the people who think Melissa should have been booted just because she didn't get to perform should be reminded that the show used the rehearsal footage for Steve-O as his judged peformance when he couldn't perform due to an injury and they didn't auto boot him either. So how could they do anything but the same procedure for Melissa's injury and let the public vote and decide just like with Steve-O. It was only fair that she receive the same treatment and she did. I commend the show for their sense of fairness and leaving it up to the public to decide.

April 29, 2009 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Joyce

Melissa shoud have been the one to go. She should not have benefited from a team dance she didn't even participate in.

April 29, 2009 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  79. D.Campbell

Bottom line, Melissa has been CONSISTENT!!!!! throughout the competition. Even with lower marks this week with an injury what does that tell you?

April 29, 2009 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Sarah

Chuck Wicks is just scrumdiliumptious!!!!..and Julianne is very pretty!!..i can't wait till Chuck comes to our County Fair

April 29, 2009 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Tonya

IMPORTANT INFORMATION......it is not up to the judges who goes/stays...it is up to the fans. Anyone remember Sanjaya?? He should have been eliminated EARLY in the season that year on IDOL but the fans kept him there! That is why the judges now have that 'one time save' and overturn the fans votes. So, you can't blame Melissa or anyone but the fans who called & voted for her.

April 29, 2009 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  82. David

What I like about this show is they are all "celebrated professionals". Nobody is competing to win a cash prize, for themselves or charity. I've followed this show since it started.
    That said, I believe that on merit, Ty and Chelsie or Shawn and Mark should have been eliminated this week. The choreographer partners are just as much to blame as the celebs – the choreographers don't design routines that showcase the partner enough, Mark is by far the worst in this regard. In every routine he choreographs HE is the star – not Shawn, its disgusting. The only male choreographer who doesn't grandstand is Derek Hough. Ty/Chelsie and Shawn/Mark are the weakest links now, and Chuck/Julianne just plain aren't. I am pleased to see Melissa survived the week. Now it remains to be seen if she will be up to competing. If not, they should bring Chuck and Julianne back.

April 29, 2009 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  83. e

melissa deserved another chance – she is awesome and had an injury where she couldn't perform monday. she will be able to perform better again. chuck on the other had has been getting less stiff, but really shouldn't be making it any further (along with Ty). it is time the so-so's go bye-bye so the truly good dancers can really fight it out. it was NOT a surprising elimination.

April 29, 2009 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Kyle Ann

When you take a serious look at all the qualities of a true dancer, Shawn or the Ty should have been the one to leave. What Shawn displays is a kinesthetic ability that would make her good at anything physical, Ty is similar. The judges were correct – Melissa has an extraordinary natural dancing ability and having her continue is the best course. This isn't professional ballroom competition – really seeking out the best natural dancer is the end game. You have two naturals in this area – Gille and Melissa. Let them stay until the end and do a heads up, winner take all dance.

April 29, 2009 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  85. RKDB

If they're supposed to be judged each week, then the wrong couple went home. If they're to be judged for improvement, the wrong couple went home. If it's judged on the entire season, then Melissa should have stayed on, but can she continue???

April 29, 2009 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Dan

I agree that Ty and Shawn are the worst of the dancers but this isn't strictly a dance competition. Chuck seems like a jerk and I'm glad he is gone. The tribe has spoken.

April 29, 2009 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  87. LindaR

Bad call!!!!! Chuck and Julianne should not have gone home! I will miss them on DWTS. Ty should have been the one headed home.

April 29, 2009 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Guillermo

Absolutely, Melissa is definetely a front runner and could win the competition. It was unfortunate that she got injure and is not her fault that the show decides to keep her or be more clear about the rules specially when it comes to injuries. Get a grip she is an ozone dancer and performer. Remeber she is a reality show participant and has not other experience in this business. Go my Melissa all the way. Hopefully you are going to be able to compete and kick everybody ..... and win the show.

April 29, 2009 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Lisa Reed

They probably had sing tours, cause Melissa sucks

April 29, 2009 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Angie

I always thoughr show was biased- anyone the judges put their teeth into they do not let go of . So Melissa didn't make it on bachelor – . rough. She didn't perform this week and should be gone.

April 29, 2009 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Derek

Admit it - the only reason heterosexual guys watch this show is for Kym Johnson and Julianne Hough. If a guy takes the time to pick up the phone and vote, it's to prolong the opportunity to see these gorgeous gals on the dance floor. their partners? who cares.

April 29, 2009 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Lygia Turman

I was so surprised last night. I also feel that Melissa should leave due to her injury... Maybe by her staying it will let Ty stay in for another few weeks.

April 29, 2009 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Joyce

I have never been able to get thru to vote, even if I try immediately after the show.

I definitely think that Chuck has improved the most. and that Ty should have been the one to be eliminated.

However, from day one I've been pulling for Gilles. Let's hope that the voters agree.

April 29, 2009 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Rich

Who cares!

April 29, 2009 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Sally

How was this a surprise elimination? Earlier in the season Steve O was judged on a rehearsal performance, and he survived (and Melissa is a much better dancer than Steve O). It was likely Chuck and Julianne were going home soon. If not this week, then next.

April 29, 2009 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Robin

I think that it was a total mistake to send Chuck and Julianne home.
    He has a lot more talent than Melissa and Ty really should have left awhile ago. I loved watching Chuck move his everything to the beat and talk about eye candy. They make a great couple.

April 29, 2009 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  97. ron

I think Meliss should have gone home due to the injury or there should have not been an elimination at all this. It sorta bugs me that she is considered a celebrity when she is not and who knows whether she will be ablwe to dance next week. Was Tony's pouting about it earned them the pity vote. However I have to say Melissa is a good dancer but hopefully not the champ. Giles should be the champ.

April 29, 2009 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  98. lovestheshow

Melissa should have gone home. She and Kim both have dance backgrounds. Chuck does not, but has worked hard and made tremendous improvement. He was truly enjoying himself and determined to improve weekly–and he did. I have a lot of respect for him and TY.

April 29, 2009 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  99. Dennis

Melissa should of bowed out, I can't imagine being able to dance anymore with broken ribs, she is just being selfish.

April 29, 2009 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  100. Gerda Edwards

Those who write "It was an unfair elimination because Melissa did not compete" and similar comments need to get a dictionary. It was COMPLETELY fair. Votes were totalled and Chuck lost. Melissa wasn't given a pass; she was judged (literally) per the rules.

April 29, 2009 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  101. Cyndy Knudson

It was a disappointment to see Chuck and Julianne leave. They danced great and you can see a huge improvement on this couple. Melissa and partner should have gone home. She is a great dancer but I think she has a lot of fans out of sympathy from the prior show.

April 29, 2009 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  102. Jan

Oh no; Chuck is much better than Ty. Ty did well even with his Latin dance and is a likeable fella BUT he didn't compare to Chuck and his improvement and charisma. Melissa is good BUT again, she's a former Dallas Cowboy cheerleader and had danced though not ballroom. Chuck was so out of his comfort zone never having danced before so for me, he was the most deserving of the two. I would have rather Shawn, Melissa or Ty have gone before Chuck but such is life. He and Juilanne can now go forward with their careers in country music but I will personally miss Julianne in future seasons more than I can say!. Such a fan of the show and she is the best of the female professionals along with Editya. So glad she had 2 champions and should have had possibly a third if given the chance. Wow, she's a beauty, awesome dancer and can sing...WOW. Best of luck to Chuck; what a doll baby!

April 29, 2009 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  103. Stephy

I was very disappointed to see Chuck and Julianne in the final 2 and then even more disgusted to see Melissa survive over Chuck. She was being really pathetic last night and I agree that Chuck and Julianne have been unfairly criticized by the Judges and fans on their performances. I wish them so much luck with their personal lives and professional lives. Julianne can leave this part of her life behind and I don't have to watch any more episodes. The judges criticism of Chuck and Julianne has really jaded me this season and I was only watching to see them.

April 29, 2009 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  104. Sunny Palace

WRONG COUPLE BOOTED FOR SURE! See how strongly I feel?

April 29, 2009 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  105. Janet

Melissa is a talented dancer and my husband is enthralled, but I did not like her pouty sad facial expressions during the elimination portions of the show last night. As a former Dallas Cowboy cheerleader she does have prior dance experience and she is very graceful. Ty is such a gentleman and has done so well without any prior dance training. Chuck was a better dancer, all things considered, but I'm glad that voters kept Ty for one more week.

April 29, 2009 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  106. Don

Julianne is way hot! I will be sad to see her go. Her cares about her boyfriend?

April 29, 2009 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  107. Harold

Julianne is a great dancer and great to look at but she never should have been paired with her real life partner and they shouldn't have played it up on stage either. Not professional. Every sport has a DL list so I think it was alright for Raycroft to miss Monday night but Monday night only.

April 29, 2009 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  108. Scott

.Stars are supposed to have ego's, duh! So, judge the talents of the dancers, not their self-absorption. I think the majority of voters are teenagers with cell phones, that simply love to text. The real winner each year is becoming nothing but a tech-triumph. I won't be watching the show again this year, or any other.

April 29, 2009 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  109. Terri

After spending 13 years in dance competition myself it's a very easy decision. In the real world of competition if you can't compete because of injury or anything else, you withdraw from the competition. If Shawn Johnson was injured in the Olympics and couldn't compete, would she still have won the Gold or even the Bronze for that matter? The answer is no. As much as I really like Melissa and it would have been disappointing to see her go, she should have been the one to go home. This is where these reality shows get tough because it becomes more of a popularity contest rather than the performance given – and Melissa gave NO performance on Monday night. Marking never counts in competetion – it's like a NO SHOW!

April 29, 2009 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  110. Cathy

Jano. I was going to ask the same question!

April 29, 2009 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  111. Cathy

I think Shawn should have gone home before Chuck.

April 29, 2009 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  112. Jano

Chip, I would then ask you why you care to write something. Conflict of words. ha

April 29, 2009 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  113. Donna

The show producers need to find a better way to deal with this situation. It was not fair to the team dance results. I know you did it for the computer geek, but he should have been gone first. Maybe keep all on one more week and then have a double elimination. Melissa was given a gift on her rehearsal dance. It was terrible ... sorry if she was injured, but fact. Ty should have gone. Chuck may be only slightly better, but he is better.

April 29, 2009 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  114. LINDA

No, The wrong couple went home! The dancing cowboy is good but Chuck & Julianne are much better!

April 29, 2009 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  115. Tyler

Ratings are everything and the show knows that Rycroft brings a lot of viewers.

April 29, 2009 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  116. Ann

There shouldn' t have been an elimination considering that the one person did not compete.

April 29, 2009 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  117. rlsrd

Let's face it. Shawn and Ty should really go. The others are better. That said. I think it's totally unfair to have Guys vs Gals. In the dancing the women do a lot more moves and the Guys are just salad dressing. Milessa is better than Chuck.

April 29, 2009 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  118. azalea lover

I don't know of any competition where if you don't show up in person in front of the judges to compete at the given time (Mon 8:00) you get to stay in the competition. In any other sport you would be disqualified and those who show up to compete would be judged and a winner determined. That is fair. Judging should be based on each Monday night's performance. Just because a couple has danced well from the beginning doesn't mean that during the competition they can't have a bad night. Same is true for those who have greatly improved from the first week. It is obvious that the judges want Melissa to win. I haven't decided yet who should win b/c there are a few more weeks of competion to judge. I'll cast my vote each week for whom I believe has performed the best that week. That is what a competion is all about.

April 29, 2009 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  119. Melinda

This was the right choice. Chuck is annoying and so is Julianne.

April 29, 2009 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  120. LYDIA

I'M PULLING FOR TY. HE'S COME SUCH A LONG WAY AND IS
    REALLY TRYING !! IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE HIM MAKE IT
    TO THE FINAL FOUR. SHAWN COULD GO HOME NEXT – NO LOSS.

April 29, 2009 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  121. Bon

Could it be that Melissa will be 'too injured' to continue and they bring back Julianne & her beau as a replacement? Wouldn't that be typical?!

April 29, 2009 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  122. Tina in MN

Chuck could have stayed for a while longer, but would have eventually gone; Ty – needs to go; Lil Kim – needs to go; they'll all eventually go and Melissa will win.

April 29, 2009 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  123. Phyllis Smith

Melissa should have gone home. She is not likely to finish to competition anyway. I think her injury will prevent her from continuing. Chuck Wicks was awesome, he should have won!!!!!

April 29, 2009 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  124. boohoo

Maybe they will change their minds, send Melissa home crying (for the 2nd time this year) and bring back Chuck & Julianne! 🙂

April 29, 2009 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  125. VICKI

the only problem i have with melissa staying, is – is she going to be able to finish the show? her injury already kept her from performing once, will it again? at least chuck has performed every week, if melissa has to drop out, what then?

April 29, 2009 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  126. LaGayette

I don't like the "superior" attitude the Chuck and Julianne display, but he is a better dancer than Ty. The cowboy should have gone home.
    Or, as many ahve already said, no one should have gone home. If Melissa is able to dance next week, there should have been a double elimination set for next week.

April 29, 2009 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  127. jl

Melissa has suffered probably a fractured rib and anyone who has ever had this knows it hurts to breath; exertion, like that of dancing, causes excruciating pain. (I am a physician and have had fractured ribs.)

My wife and I have been rooting for Melissa, not only because of the Bachelor thing but because she is pretty, has a great personility and work ethic and has been overall the best dancer so far. Voters like us helped her, hope she'll be able to dance next week. Go Melissa!!

April 29, 2009 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  128. Janice

I don't know why everyone is so hard on Chuck. He's a good-looking guy and had really improved the last couple of weeks. And, he and Julianne don't do any more on the dance floor than the other couples do – it's just that they are a "couple" and people read things into their dance moves that they don't with the others. I don't think he was blaming the other dancers in the group dance for his loss – his remark was misinterpreted by Tom Bergeron (whom I think is top-notch, BTW).

April 29, 2009 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  129. Karen

The right decision....so sick of their bedroom dancing, way to porn for young kids who watch this show. Bad enough the costumes but hey that's dancing. Ty is my favorite although he will not win. What a "Gentle Man". Hope Melissa and Tony take home that giant ball.

April 29, 2009 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  130. Kel

It wasn't so "shocking." I knew it was a distinct possibility. So did lots of others as shown on message boards I read. Chuck has improved, but he isn't one of the best dancers on the show. He wasn't a contender.

I think it was unfair that Melissa got credit for the team dance score since she didn't participate in it. But I don't make the rules, so... I didn't vote for her. I didn't vote for Chuck either.

April 29, 2009 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  131. Can't Stand Melissa

I get sick of watching Melissa standing there with her mouth hanging wide open all the time. She had an unfair advantage coming in since she was a Dallas Cowboys' cheerleader before, and cheerleaders do a lot of dancing. Chuck was funny, and I enjoyed his personality way more than I enjoy Melissa. People vote for her because she was rejected by the bachelor. Big whoop. Being a bachelor reject does NOT make you a celebrity so I don't even know why she's considered one anyway.

April 29, 2009 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  132. terryO

I have had rib injuries & anyone else who has had them knows that they do not heal in a week.
    Unfortunately, Melissa should have gone home last night.
    I don't believe that she will be able to complete up to standards now set.

April 29, 2009 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  133. Cheryl

Ummmmmmm. Hate to blow your party plans, however, Spamalot
    ended a successful run in January after having been appreciate
    by Broadway buffs since 2005, there is a touring company in the US.

April 29, 2009 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  134. Orlando Esperanto

The dirty dancing and skimpy costumes just aren't as dangerous and sexy when you know the couple dancing is married. The audience likes tension and there is no tension between husband and wife. If there was, shows like this wouldn't exist and I'd have all my money in mattress company stocks.

April 29, 2009 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  135. John

I feel that Melissa should have either gracefully exited the competition due to her injury, al a Jewel, Nancy O'Dell and even Misty May Traynor, or she have been eliminated. Being judged on her rehersal dance, I think the judges were easy on her. No way did I feel she deserved anything higher than a 5 or 6.

April 29, 2009 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  136. CARROL

TY SHOUD'VE GONE HOME THIS WEEK--I DONT GET IT!! HE/JEWEL EVIDENTLY HAVE ALOT OF FANS!

April 29, 2009 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  137. Deb Pagley

Melissa stayed on because of a sympathy vote. That was wrong in my opinion. Who's to say she'll be better to dance next week? This could be a big disruption for Dancing With The Stars. I think injured dancers should recuse themselves.

You should be judged for your performance, not sympathy. Wrong precedent set here.

April 29, 2009 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  138. Heather

Chuck and Julianne don't have 'it' to win , so it was sooner or later they would be eliminated. I do agree they are too lovey dovey on the show.It has been the biggest turn off for me. I have been a huge Julianne fan since day one. Although, I have not cared much for her dancing with her real life boyfriend for her dance partner.
    Contestants have been getting hurt over and over, but for Melissa it happened late enough in the season where we were able to see how well of a dancer she is. I am glad she had enough votes to stay in the competition. Best of Luck to her!

April 29, 2009 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  139. Suzy

Melissa is one of the most interesting to watch and I'm glad she was given another opportunity to dance. With all the injuries on this show, it's a good thing they have the back up plan (viewing the rehearsal tape) in order to keep some of the best ones in. Remember they did this for Steve O. I would want the same thing for Giles, Lil' Kim and others.

April 29, 2009 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  140. Jeremy S Everett

Shocked, to say the least! However I and other fans are not voting for Melissa "ut of sympathy" as someone said, I am voting for her for her performances! From the get go she has proven to be an excellent daner and Chuck and Julianne were getting much better but as Len said and I don't always agree with him; however, this time he was right to say that based on past performances, Melissa should stay, one little injury should not have forced her off the show, unless you made the decision to leave! Besides that, lets face it here, both Melissa and Julianne and very good lookin' women so it would be hard to see either of them go!! I am still voting for Melissa all the way down to the end!!

April 29, 2009 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  141. truman

The fans were swayed by Melissa's strong performances earlier in the competition and a great deal of sympathy for her.

Ty will leave next week after surviving much longer than anyone, including him, expected.

Li'l Kim and Gilles are the strongest competitors right now. Melissa is possible if her injury doesn't affect her.

April 29, 2009 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  142. Some one Else

I think 'lil Kim and her partner should go...She is a terrible dancer..and should not have made it this far.

April 29, 2009 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  143. Mike

No–Chuck has gotten so good. At least I don't have to watch any more.

April 29, 2009 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  144. Diane

How can someone stay that didn't compete? ABC produces the Bachelor. If people can't see this "protect your own" policy then it is amazing. I wasn't a viewer of the Bachelor. Was Melissa a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader. Doesn't she have a strong dance background? I like to watch the "stars" that have very little or no background in dance and see what they can do in this show. The Melissa thing is such a joke. How do you become a "star" because of one reality show. She appears to be that sorority girl mean girl that would throw someone under the bus to get what she wants.

April 29, 2009 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  145. Jane

Chuck would have gone sooner or later but Melissa is a very good dancer. I love Ty but he is very stiff as a dancer & he will go next. Then will come Shawn. The last three will be Gilles, Melissa & Kim. I hope Gilles will take the trophy with Melissa second.

April 29, 2009 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  146. Nancye

Chuck was O.K., but I think he was popular because of Julianne and a little arrogant about it to boot. Makes no difference since the winner will be between Lil Kim and Melissa (if she's well) anyway. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!!!

April 29, 2009 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  147. Ruth

as much as i love him, Ty should have gone home. it is a dancing competition afterall. that said, i was very happy that Chuck left as opposed to Melissa. she's a fantastic dancer and deserves to be there.

April 29, 2009 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  148. John

Let's face it – Chuck and Julianne never would have won anyway.

If Melissa gets healthy, she has the skill/ability to win it.

I agree – Ty should have gone – but that's why you fantards vote!

April 29, 2009 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  149. mary turner

Agree about Shawn adorable love her great gymnast did the US proud but be honest dancing she looks like a concrete slab with big stumps no grace at all. Think about it even in the most graceful part of gymnastics the floor exercises gymnasts still don't look graceful. I thought he deserved to stay and she should go.

Look at her body perfect for gym but all wrong for the dance floor. Her thighs are just too big and heavy and her legs too short. She is adorable and I love her though.

April 29, 2009 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  150. FS

This is a no brainer. You don't perform then either there is no cut or that person is cut. They did not perform.

April 29, 2009 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  151. David

I have always thought this show was as biased as the Idol show.

It isn't who has the best talent. It is about who can garner the most votes.

After this elimination, I know of 3 families, mine included, that will no longer be watching the rest of this season, or any other season.

April 29, 2009 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  152. Ryder

Melissa is a natural at dancing. Wicks; however, has improved his dancing skills since the beginning of the show, which is great. I am a bit surprised that he was eliminated. I figured Ty would be leaving the show, though he too has improved; however, Wicks has improved much more than Ty. Ty is too mechanicial (which is good, I guess, since he rides bulls and whatnot for a living) while he is dancing.

Either way, I am happy to see Melissa still in the competition. I will be sad to not to see Hough not dance. She is HOT when she dances!

April 29, 2009 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  153. DWTSFan

I was so happy to see Chuck & Julianne go. I have always adored Julianne, but as my 15 yr old daughter would say..."Chuck Wicks is a tool!". I agree that his dancing had greatly improved over the last few weeks, however, he just isn't a guy that inspires. I am happy that Melissa will get another chance, just like SteveO, to dance again. Ty Murray is the star that has most impressed me. He isn't a singer, he isn't a actor, he is a cowboy. Ty has shown the most growth and has worked very hard in the last 8 weeks and it is beginning to pay off. DWTS is a great family show! My whole family enjoys watching it together.

April 29, 2009 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  154. Lynn

If one is grading on the dancing skills, neither of these two should have gone home. Ty, as charming and gentlemanly as he is, is by far the least accomplished dancer. I give him kudos for improving and showing the world that cowboys can dance, but he is the much inferior dancer. I think that the public got it wrong this time. It was unfortunate that Melissa was injured, but she has proven to be a superior dancer. Chuck has really worked it out and had become one of the best. Really sorry to see him go. Hope he keeps dancing; he has the talent.

April 29, 2009 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  155. Julie

That was absolutely the right decision-even with Melissa "marking" her moves, her dancing was way way beyond what chuck ever did....he had a couple of moves and that's about it...she is extremely versatile-this was not at all about pity, but rather about keeping the better dancer on the show.

April 29, 2009 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  156. Myra Brown

I personally think the right decision was made. Although I think Julianne is a great dancer, she needed a little attitude adjustment. I believe that she and her entire family think they are indispensible and are the greatest. I've listened to several interviews she has made, along with her father, and my opinion of her changed immediately after that. Having said that, I believe that Chuck worked very hard. Being associated with the Hough family both personally and professionally, I believe Chuck's expectations were very high. He worked hard and danced very well, but so did everyone else. Unfortunately, at this stage of the elimination, usually the "cream of the crop" remain and despite Julianne's perfect image of herself, it wasn't quite good enough.

April 29, 2009 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  157. Carol

What a shock! I think Chuck & Julienne's performance this week was great. I would have thought either Ty or Shawn would have been let go. Shawn has received some pretty negative remarks over the past several weeks but also, some good ones. If she can keep the gymnastic moves under control, she might have a chance, but don't think she will win. However, since Melissa was on the Bachelor, she would have raked up a lot of votes by the fans of that show. She, too, has given some great performances and should not be penalized due to a rib fracture that occurred during training. Missing one night may have cost her marks but in the long run, her dancing is what should count and the fans have spoken!

April 29, 2009 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  158. dla

WOOOOO-HOOOOOO!! I have never been happier at an elimination!
    ME: I think people vote for Melissa because she is a good dancer – I have been impressed with her on a weekly basis.

April 29, 2009 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  159. Liberty

It was a good call. Chuck was a real prick, making snide remarks about the other dancers and real rude to Julianne, Actually they are both big phonies.

At the end he said the team dance did him in, what a jerk, blames others for his failures.

Ty will probably go next week, but what a run and top 5, and more importanly he is a great guy. He will take it like a man too when he is booted and not blame his failure on others.

Little Kim and Gille will be in the finals, should be great.

April 29, 2009 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  160. GAR

Although I don't like Chuck & Julianne on the show I think they should have stayed and Melissa should be gone. First she didn't dance because of the injury and second she should not have received any score for the group dance because she wasn't part of the group. How can you get a score for something you didn't do. That's like being paid for work you never did (sounds like Wallstreet!!!). Personally, I think the show is rigged this year.

April 29, 2009 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  161. Me(2)

I'm thrilled Chuck & Julianne are gone - now they can grab each other and smooth all they want, hopefully just in the privacy of their home, and I don't have to see it. They were nauseating!!

April 29, 2009 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  162. Anon

No, Chuck should not have been eliminated. They were good this week and Melissa was a "no-show". Injuries happen and it's not clear if she can perform next week. Too bad for Chuck and Julianne.

April 29, 2009 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  163. Andrea

Julianne and Chuck.....great but boring. Melissa deserved to stay based on her past performances. What a trooper. It's going to be hard now until the end no matter who gets eliminated. Ty has come a long way and is well liked. I like all the remaining contestants. Great job!

April 29, 2009 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  164. Pat

Ty is the weakest of the dancers. However, it is not clear that Melissa will be able to perform at the expected level and should have gone at this time to make room for healthy competitors.

April 29, 2009 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  165. DAK

I feel that Melissa is a much better dancer, Ty is the one who should have left. But hey folks – if you don't like the results then you need to vote!

April 29, 2009 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  166. Nancy

Wrong choice, no wonder Julianne is ready to move on!! So am I....

April 29, 2009 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  167. Chip

Ask me if I care

April 29, 2009 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  168. Judy Carney

Not at all – – – Shawn should have gone home – she's a great little gymnist, but not a dancer – she looks like a gymnist trying to dance! Ty also should have gone home long ag. He's gotten better, but not even close to being as good as Chuck.

April 29, 2009 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  169. Tony

Blew that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 29, 2009 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  170. rose

Melissa should have either been booted off or she should have gracefully left the show due to her injury. It was an unfair elimination because Melissa did not compete and it was especially unfair to 'team mambo'. Because of her injury, she was replaced by a professional dancer and the judges could not fairly evaluate that competition between the two teams. Also, it should be noted that whatever team gets to do the more dramatic dance always wins – again unfair. Melissa should have left instead of extending her 15 minutes of fame.

April 29, 2009 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  171. Ray Avilla

In a word: Yes. Reason: Melissa Rycroft is super hot! I'd hate to not see her strutting her stuff each Monday! (Okay, call me shallow.)

April 29, 2009 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  172. Peter Panjam

Anyone who can't perform as required should be out. In life as on the stage, if one can't cut it, one goes home to either ice cream or strong liquor. Rycroft is headed home anyway. Hough has a great career in front of her. She can now let this "Dancing" hangover end and get on with her life.

April 29, 2009 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  173. ME

OH MY GOD, no way was this the right couple. Melissa deserved to go home mainly because she never really performed. Also, I hate to say this, but it's true, people are only voting for Melissa out of sympathy. Julianne and Chuck made a great dance team and DID NOT deserve to go home at all. If any, Ty should have!!

April 29, 2009 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  174. Lee Ann Holly

I think considering that one of the dancers was injured and did not perform, that no one should have been eliminated last night.!

April 29, 2009 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  175. Phyl

Yes, Chuck & Julianne may be a cute couple, but Melissa is a much better dancer, has been from the beginning & deserves to stay. Besides, the on air "smooching" to put it mildly between Julianne & Chuck was getting a bit too much & boring.

April 29, 2009 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |