April 8th, 2009

Watch 'American Idol' results with CNN.com

Last night’s "American Idol" was almost all music from the 1980s, performed by the eight remaining contestants. They served up an interesting mix of the blah and the beautiful.

Top eight

There was also a sprinkling of drama, with the show running long and some folks missing Adam Lambert’s performance.

Tonight, we find out who the viewers think belong in the bottom three - and who ultimately goes home.

Do you have any guesses? Tune in to learn the results and watch scheduled performances by former “American Idol” contestant Kellie Pickler and rapper Flo Rida.

CNN.com’s Lisa Respers France will blog live during the show. Leave your comments here or submit videos of your reaction to the results to iReport.

Is time up for your favorite? Let us know and your comment may be used on CNN!

–Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Genie

Watching Adam Lambert each week is thrilling, you know you are watching a star being born!

April 22, 2009 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Linda in Illinois

Adam has it all and it's hard to explain the feeling that comes over you when you watch him. I can only imagine this is what people felt like when they first watched Elvis when he was young. Someone who just mesmorizes you...who makes you want more. I can't take my eyes off him and I'm 12 years older than him! He is a great entertainer from his amazing voice, to the way you emotes during his songs, to the way he carries himself. It doesn't hurt that he is absolutely gorgeous either. Plus, he seems like a kind person and always very nice and professional. He is, quite frankly, too good for American Idol. Don't get me wrong, I have watched AI for years, sometimes caring more than others (Chris Daugherty), but Adam is in a whole different league from AI contestants. I was just about to stop watching the show because it has gotten boring and the talent is so-so, but he has me glued now. (Maybe he is a plant that the producers put on the show just so people would watch!!) He's a star no matter who wins (cuz AI voters get it wrong all the time....Daugherty and Jennifer Hudson to a name a couple).

April 9, 2009 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. Julie Schramm

like to see u or Danny sing a Gary Puckett song..
    oldie.. but think u guys have the voice for it..

April 9, 2009 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. ot boston

Oh....can someone remind Danny boy that this is not a christian songs
    american idol....He should be singing at the worship TV

April 8, 2009 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Eric

So who got sent home tonight...?

April 8, 2009 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. robin

Why Lil is still around ? Can she sing? When will she start singing ?

April 8, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ot boston

Bye Bye Kris....No talent.....he is still around because of the stupid teenage girls. ....Yeah he is hot but this is not a beauty contest....

Bye Bye Kris and Scott,,,,

This is over....Adam is the winner....

April 8, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jen

I don't think that it is right that Adam is on Idol. He has been in musical plays for a long time and has videos on you tube. I thought the show was for people to get their big break and I think that he had his chance. I love Danny and think that he is the real American Idol.

April 8, 2009 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. James

I don't always like Adam's music, but he is clearly the best talent of the season. I like Chris and Allison too, but neither are close to the talent Adam is. Scott should have been booted weeks ago. He has pitch problems and he sounds like someone is a piano bar. He always sounds the same. 'Lil should be next to go.

April 8, 2009 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dave so

adam is a great actor. when will the real him emerge?

April 8, 2009 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. JAMIE

I loved Adam Lambert's preformance, you can tell that he really thinks about what he's going to do and tries to entertain us, not just sing us a song. I also like 16 year old singer Allison, I think she has an amazing voice expecially for how young she is. And, of course, who doesn't love Danny Gokke, with his infectious grin, great outlook on life, and soothing voice.

April 8, 2009 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jane

Let's face it, at this point this is all about Adam and Allison - they are the only two that deserve to move on and win Idol 09. Congratulations to both of them for showing us the range of vocals they can do excellently each week and for showing us they are truly qualifed to be American Idol!

April 8, 2009 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lin

Bottom 3 – Danny, Lil and Scott with Scott going home.

April 8, 2009 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Lin

Adam's performance and singing were absolutely amazing last night. Allison and Matt were great too. Scott needs to be led off the stage – permanently.

April 8, 2009 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jeremy

Scott's going home tonight. He's not a bad singer, but he's been the weakest performance-wise week after week.

Lil and Kris will join him at the bottom.

This week was alright, but why so many ballads? I mean it's great that you wanna show off your range and your pipes, but I would've rather heard some of the more uptempo songs from the 80's.

April 8, 2009 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Lip Sync Idols

Reports are leaking out of CA that Idol contestants were all lip syncing last night everything taped -- what a bogus show

April 8, 2009 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Franca Martino

I think Adam is great, and even if some people missed his performance, this will not harm his career, as I think that music professionals "have noticed" him, and things "will" happen for him.
    He is a great singer and he looks great, he will be the next "King" of rock.
    He is very marketable.

April 8, 2009 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  18. sharon

scott or lil should go....
    and TONY...why are you knocking KARA....Paula is the one to get rid of...she doesn't know half what she is talking about....that is the BEST part of last nights show running late....PAULA had to keep her mouth shut....thank God....she always says a bunch of nothing
    Adam, Allison. and Matt deserve to be last so they will all make an album in the end.....Adam should win it all

April 8, 2009 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Caroline

I can't believe it!
    I was wating the entire night to see THE BEST IDOL EVER, Adam
    And FOX and the American IDol PRoducers did it propersly to try to minimize Adam. I am furious with you guys sOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    UN FAIR so low

Keep your show withing one hour not hour and 7 minutes come on GUYS show some respect to your public

Caroline

April 8, 2009 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  20. alicia

Please Make Kara go home. She crawls my skin!!

April 8, 2009 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  21. dave so

well, other than a few hi-lites ... the show was terrible, as was the choice of music. There are only maybe tens of thousands that they could choose from, and they picked what ?

Anyway, Scott, maybe this is it for you , man.
    A good chance for Kris Allen and Lil Rounds as well.

April 8, 2009 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Brian Edwards

I don't care that I missed his performance. It probably bombed like every other time the tone-deaf idiot sings/screams/shrieks.

Anoop Desai 09

April 8, 2009 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Renuka

Bottom 3 – Kris, Scott and Lil.

April 8, 2009 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Chris

The contestants were at their best yesterday.But one contestant continues to stand out: Allison Irehata. She is outstanding!!!

April 8, 2009 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Fito

Scott is really bad. I really hope blind people don't take offense as this being some discrimination or something if he does get the boot.

April 8, 2009 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Colleen

Lil needs to go. She is not making anything unique and clearly does not know where she fits

April 8, 2009 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Todd

I actually wondered if they were giving Kara a test run to eventually get rid of DIVA Paula. Well folks at FOx, Paula out, Im out – love her – she makes the show with her drival banter. Love her! Heart her! Love Adam – and he is my prediction to win, win, win – Lil can go home tonight and I wont shed a tear.

April 8, 2009 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Rose

It's a shame a lot of people missed Adam's performance. I think it was the first time that Simon gave a standing ovation. It's almost not a contest with someone that much better than everyone else. I think the bottom 3 will be Scott, Kris and Lil.

April 8, 2009 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Wendy

Adam is HOT HOT HOT! He bypasses all the talent this season and deserves to be the winner!

April 8, 2009 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Greg

I think Adam Lambert should go as half the country did not see his perfomance.

April 8, 2009 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Melissa

My TIVO said that AI was to run for 1 hr and 2 minutes. I didn't see the end because my Tivo clipped my program to record something else. I thought it was a horrible choice for AI and Fox.

I LOVE Adam and I know he will win... such stage presence.

Scott is awful. Please send him home.

April 8, 2009 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Hans Olbrecht

Who cares...do something with your pathetic lives already!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 8, 2009 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Joplin James

You know, I am so sick and tired of you homophobic people who keep calling Adam a drama queen, a freak, and a gay stereotype…I am a gay American and find these put downs truly offensive.

Adam is an artist, plain and simple…either love his voice or hate it (I personally love it), you can’t deny there’s been no one like him on the history of AI. I can’t wait to see what song he will choice each week and how he will sing it…truly hope he wins it all.

April 8, 2009 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  34. T-Bone

Agree with you Gregoire...Adam is trying WAY too hard. I personally think he is trying so hard to be like David Cooke was last season.

April 8, 2009 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  35. John Endries

Megan's ouster last week will lead to elimination of the niche players and that final, predictable Idol look and sound.

Scott has run his course. He has a wonderful talent with song and instrument but at this point his "pitch searching" is more evident against the fewer singers left at this point.

Lil also has a style that doesn't fit with all styles expected of the ultimate Idol. She sings in a slightly different time than the instrumentals which captures your attention. Unfortunately, while the judges emphasize doing something different, contestants like Adam and winners like Dave Cook actually sing something obscure, but already done, whereas the real novelties like Megan and Lil are doing exactly what is asked!

Bye, Scott. Lil follows next week.

April 8, 2009 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Marissa

The bottom three tonight will be Scott, Lil, and Matt. With Scott going home. I wish it was Adam because I can not stand his musical style but for some reason people like him, so he'll be near the top tonight.

April 8, 2009 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Karen

I think Anoop needs to go...see ya

April 8, 2009 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Russ

Enough with the sympathy comments for Scott. He's terrible. Also, to all, close your eyes and listen to Adam and I bet you'll puke. Why do I get the feeling that Lil Rounds is just singing the same tune with different words and shouting at everybody? What the heck was Kris thinking about jazzing up a Don Henley song? Jazz is for rockers that have passed their time and have gotten good on their instruments. Although I hated the guy that had the hat on when he first got on idol he's really good (soul/blues). props!

Idol has jumped the shark! I'm bored. Should be last year.

April 8, 2009 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  39. yumi

darn right they're downplaying it! too many judges. too many egos. too many opinions. too much talking. not enough singing. adam's performance was the best of the night, and it's unfortunate so many people missed it. this should never, ever happen again. all the contestants should get an automatic pass this week, and let the fox figure out how to get in an extra show. what a fiasco!

April 8, 2009 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Ashley

I agree. Adam is horrible!

April 8, 2009 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Jason

Last night's songs were actually from the contestant's birth year, which was not necessarily in the 80s. Allison's song was from 1992. Feel old yet?

April 8, 2009 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  42. ric

I'd love to see Danny Gokey in the bottom 3. He is annoying full of himself. Scott is going home.

April 8, 2009 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  43. facslady

P.S. Adam will be the winner this year for sure.

April 8, 2009 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  44. facslady

Tony you're a jerk. Paula Abdul is the one they should get rid of. Kara brings sanity to the women's side of the panel. Wake up.

April 8, 2009 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  45. facslady

Would somebody please tell me how Kelli Pickler is a guest on tonight's show. This girl is a no talent big busted loser. She bought those boobs after her season ended. Please give me a break.

April 8, 2009 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  46. SpearsTX

Bye bye Scott!

Bet you he did not see that coming!

April 8, 2009 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Gregoire

I'm sure Fox did that on purpose. Adam is the most popular contestant, and they wanted to make sure people tuned in for Fringe, which was having its post-Idol debut that night. Personally I think Adam looks like an alien and fits right at home in the Fringe context.

April 8, 2009 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Tony

'..with the show running a little long.' WHAT? Way to down play that. Are you kidding? Half of America missed the whole point of why they watch this season... To see Adams performance. I mean, c'mon lets call it for what it really is.... LAME & Unprofessional. AI and Fox should be ashamed of themselves.

Even more reason to GET RID OF KARA. She brings NOTHING insightful to the show. Go back to the original 3 judges. Why the hell did AI feel that had to change something that was perfect? Sheesh!

April 8, 2009 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  49. jas

Bye bye Scott!

April 8, 2009 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  50. AES

What happended to any blog comments about Danny Gokey. I only count 7 on your list today. I agree Adam is the one to be No. 1.

April 8, 2009 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |