March 26th, 2009

Top 10: Joss Stone and Smokey Robinson are the ones for me

Joss Stone, you saucy little vixen.

Robinson and Stone

I really need her to give some of these other female singers in the game tips on how to work the fem-swagger, because she was all over it.

She and Smokey Robinson have officially won my "Quiet Storm" award for their performance of "You're The One For Me."

Smokey's voice was not at its best, but Smokey on his worst day is still better than so many on their best.

Loves it!

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. global regulatory specialists

hello there and thank you to your info ? I've certainly picked up something new from right here. I did on the other hand experience several technical points the use of this site, since I experienced to reload the website a lot of times previous to I may just get it to load properly. I have been thinking about if your hosting is OK? Now not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances occasions will sometimes have an effect on your placement in google and could injury your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm including this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot extra of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you replace this again very soon..

April 1, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. J

Joss Stone and Smokey performed "You Are The One For Me" on the Jay Leno show, they were incredible together!
    Smokey's voice is still so mellow and beautiful.
    Joss is so soulful, sultry and sooooo unique!
    The duet is GREAT!

September 27, 2009 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
  3. thedukeofmotown

I really don't care about what the haters have to say. That was an absolutely brilliant performance. Even though his voice is slightly mellowed by age, he can beat all of you haters. If youve ever seen him do tracks of my tears live (at his current age of 69) then you'd see how amazing he still is. He can even hit that high note at the end.. yup..

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.. better yet smokey it

September 9, 2009 at 5:23 am | Report abuse |
  4. Geekbabe

Joss Stone is AMAZING singing the right songs....soulful, bluesy, for goodness sake she sang with Aretha and it was fabulous!!!! I'm an old fart who loved Smokey in his time...he's 'okay' now but that song was awful...for both of them. It's not her style at all. It's like she was singing below her level to stay in his area. And, even though he doesn't have what he used to...at least it was a Smokey-type song and he should have sung it alone!

March 31, 2009 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Happy in Arizona

I thought their performance was terrible. I love Smokie, but this was just awful. Not a good pair.

March 31, 2009 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lynne

I found Smoky and Joss to be remarkable. I've loved him most of my life, and I was impressed at how he held his own. Who are these people who don't care for a legend? He's the man!!!!!!!!!!!! He wrote My Girl and matched it to the Temptations perfectly. It doesn't get any better than that, and then Stevie Wonder amazed me more. I'd like to see them again. The husband was watching basketball and missed the best performances. What a shame.

March 31, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Pat

STOP the Love Songs between aging men & teenie bopper girls!!!!!

Last night was MORE painful than Carrie & Randy Travis. AI /19 it isn't working!!

March 27, 2009 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. me

This was the most painful experience of my life. 2 wars, car wrecks and several other horrible events do not even compare!

March 27, 2009 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jim

Isn't this Joss Stone the girl who always goes on stage barefoot or am I thinking about someone else?

March 27, 2009 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Beth

I'm surprised by all the negative comments. I thought they were great! I enjoyed their performance the most last night.

March 27, 2009 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  11. Harley

Joss Stone was terrible. Did not know who she was. This generation may have a hard time relating to her singing. Smokey was good, but only the older generation may appreciate him. It would be nice to have someone who is popular now for to work with the Idol's. Why is it somebody from way back when? Maybe Idol will take notes and have current popular singers to help the Idol Kids!

March 27, 2009 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  12. JohnQ118

What a boring song and performance. (The song was HORRID! Who wrote that crap?) Their voices clashed, Joss was in the wrong key(?) The song was just a repetitive chorus. I could not wait for the song to end; I was extremely disappointed, in fact I switched to another channel for a few minutes –that song was so boringly long. Simon would have been all over Joss with complaints if she were an Idol contestant, POOR SONG CHOICE and wasted air-time was My grade.

March 27, 2009 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  13. Florida

I agree it wasn't the best pairing. But, Ohio for you and your daughter as far as who Joss Stone is...Soul and R & B singer from UK, grammy winner, multi-platinum artist for debut album and 2nd album, hellooooooo!

March 27, 2009 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. Tookie

Another creepy (much) older man and (very) young girl duet, to follow Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis last week. What is up with that?! Which of the producers is living out their sick fantasies?!

March 27, 2009 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  15. Millie Bee

They are both good singers- but they should not sing together. It was a
    train-wreck.

March 27, 2009 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  16. Nance

Smokey is ANCIENT ...but a legend doesn't age...only the man. Sorry but I never heard of "Joss" and don't want to ever again...I wasn't even sure they were singing the same song.

March 27, 2009 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  17. Jack

I thought the whole thing was a mess.......the harmonies were anything but harmonious. I felt badly for both of them

March 27, 2009 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  18. Ohio

Elvis – YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "woke up every dog in your neighborhood" – haaaaaaa LOVE IT!

March 27, 2009 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  19. Ohio

Why oh why couldn't Smokey just sing ALONE? Who is this Stone woman? My teen daughter was saying "Who?" She sucked. Smokey has a beautiful soft, soothing voice. Why would you pair him with her Janis Joplin nails on the chalkboard style? HORRIBLE! Smokey WAS, AS USUAL, FANTASTIC!

March 27, 2009 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  20. Dottie Zuber

Megan should have been excluded a long time ago. After a bad review from the judges lass week, she boldly stated that she had a lot of fans who will vote for her. A little too sure of herself. Her voice is not that great and her stage performance is lthat of a robot doll.

March 27, 2009 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  21. Barb

I was fascinated to hear her... I had just come across a story about her being one of Henry VIII's wives in the show "The Tudors"

March 27, 2009 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  22. Elvis

Joss Stone had this nasal voice which woke up every dog in my neighborhood. And Smokey was inaudible and unbearable. I could not wait for them to stop. Made a mental note to watch Idol on Tivo the next time.

March 27, 2009 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  23. Julie

Have to agree with Michelle. I also could not wait for them to be done singing. I didn't enjoy it at all.

March 27, 2009 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  24. booboo

Didn't care for this song at all!!! I was bored to tears. Smokey was definately better than she was. Had no clue what she was doing while she sang...was that dancing or what?

March 27, 2009 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  25. kslatz

It was a horrible mess. What were they thinking? This washed up Joss Stone was the worst person to pair with Smokey. And Smokey sounded like he's been partaking in too much Smokey over the years, where did his voice go? No disrespect, he is a legend, but someone needs to tell him to be a teacher from now on, he is good at that, and stop hurting the ears of innocent American Idol fans.

March 27, 2009 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  26. Royce C

@ Lisa Ann, yes dear.....Smokey's eyes are real. Smokey was classic Smokey but please no more duets with Joss Stone, she's not the greatest singer that I've ever heard.

March 26, 2009 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  27. LISA ANN

Smokey Robinson did so great in helping the contestants....he seemed to have such a genuine heart and care for them all.

How emotional he was after he watched Adam Lambert perform...and to give him a standing ovation. Adam so deserved it.

Are those really Smokey's green eyes or are they contact lenses ?? He looks so young for as old as he must be.

March 26, 2009 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Eddie

I had to leave the room. It was even worse when I was listening, nothing to look at to take my mind off the performance.
    sigh

March 26, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  29. kathy kent

smokey, and Josh were amazing, I truly hope they will release that as a single,
    brilliant, just brilliant,

March 26, 2009 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Michelle

I actually HATE them singing....Couldn't wait for them to STOP!

March 26, 2009 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |