January 11th, 2009
07:23 PM ET
I'm a free woman! The nice lady with the clipboard magically got my credential fixed! Then a nice man came and installed the DSL line we were to receive. I bust out of the Deadline Press Room and use the ladies' room - not because I need to, but because I can. And further down the hall, could it be? Yes, it is - FOOD!!
(Editor's note: Denise is following the first rule of journalists: Use the restroom and eat when you get the chance, because you never know when you're going to get the chance again.)
As at a royal banquet, there are waiters everywhere, replenishing platters of food that, frankly, don't need to be replenished. Here's what's on the menu, with stars by the items I'm particularly enjoying:
– Veggie Platter
– Red Potato Salad
– Chinese Chicken Salad *
– Cheese Tortellini
– Mostaccioli with Marinara Sauce
– Chicken Breast with Bernaise Sauce **
– Roast Loin of Pork with Some Sort of Brown Gravy
– Cheese Platter with Dried Apricots, Nuts and Figs
– Assorted rolls
– Dessert platter (with 12 different types of cookies, plus brownie bites)
Definitely better than a fast-food drive-through.
- Denise Quan, CNN Entertainment Correspondent
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.