October 3rd, 2008

Maybe Tina Fey does Sarah Palin TOO well

Much has been made of Tina Fey's impression of Sarah Palin on "Saturday Night Live," but even Fey probably didn't imagine that she would be literally confused with the Alaska governor and Republican vice presidential nominee.

In a recent "Saturday Night Live" skit, Tina Fey (left) played Sarah Palin and Amy Poehler played Katie Couric.

But that's what a Quebec City, Quebec, newspaper did when publishing an article about Palin earlier this week.

According to Isabelle Carreau of the blog TV Squad, the newspaper Le Soleil accompanied a story about Palin with a photo from Fey's most recent "SNL" turn as the candidate. The photo also included Amy Poehler, who played CBS anchor Katie Couric in the sketch.

In the caption for the Associated Press photograph, the newspaper wrote that Palin was clumsy and hesitant in her interview. (The newspaper published a correction Thursday with a photograph of the actual Sarah Palin.)

Fey's resemblance to Palin has given "SNL" a big ratings boost, as well as the boost from the viral video sharing of the spoof. And now the waiting begins for what they'll do Saturday with last night's vice presidential debate. (With all the Palin attention, I hope Fey is keeping up with her "30 Rock" responsibilities.)

– Mallory Simon, CNN.com Writer

Filed under: Uncategorized

« Previous entry
  1. autopilot

Regarding debating, interviewing, governing, or just about anything else: to anyone who says "could you do better?" , I would say:
    I don't have to be able to play the violin to know when someone is doing a bad job of it.

October 20, 2008 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. California

ggg In reference to your comment . . . "He will have his minions steal the election the Chicago way" is that similar to George Bush's minions stealing the election the Florida way?

October 12, 2008 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jackie in Dallas

Oh, and 999:

Unlike the Republican sheep, us "liberal" sheep had a real choice to make in our primaries. We had decisions to make, and the actual material on the issues with which to make them. As for the liberal bias of the media, actually that is a false statement. Some media have come out to actively support Obama, some supported Hillary, some supported Liebermann, some support Nader, and quite a few support McCain. Because they are run by, and function because of, humans, there will be bias. Your own is showing.

As for Hollywood, most of them are American citizens and therefore have the right to their opinions and to express them. Because many are celebrities, that gets reported. There are celebrities that support McCain as well. But even many Republicans are finding the choice of Palin as distasteful, and the campaign McCain and Palin are running as counterproductive and divisive.

Deal with the fact that not everyone agrees with your political choice. I've had to for the last 8 years, because my choice was CERTAINLY NOT Bush, not the least because I saw what he did in his short time as Governor of my state! I don't idolize Obama, and I'm sure I will be disappointed in some of his decisions should he become President. However, I intend to vote for him, because of ALL the choices (including other parties than Rep/Dems), he is the most likely to meet the majority of the expectations I have while McCain, Nader, and the other candidates will NOT and make no claims to.

Also, for your information, I'm a 58-year old white woman, a political moderate/Independent, who believes in our Constitution and Bill of Rights, and am a US Air Force veteran of the Vietnam era. I view my right to dissent with my government as my most precious right. I also view myself as an intelligent business woman who is offended by Palin and by much that she says and does. I think she is clever (see my comments above), but not a serious candidate for Vice President.

October 12, 2008 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jackie in Dallas

OK, it is fine to laugh about Biden's hair transplant, but not fine to comment on Palin's inability to complete a sentence? Republicans, give it a rest. Palin is clever, she isn't intelligent. There is a difference. Intelligence is taking input from the world around you and being able to process it, then use that to deal with the world around you. Palin is living in a bubble; even a 2nd or 3rd grader can probably name a newspaper or magazine. Her inability to articulate anything that is not on her list of talking points, her obvious baiting of her audiences to drive them into enough of a frenzy to yell "kill him, kill him" about Obama, the exposure of the cronyism in her government in Alaska and the shadow goverment that Todd has created; these are all clever, but not smart. They don't show discernment of political realities, they don't show knowledge of the world beyond Wasilla, and they don't show ability to perform as Vice President of the United States. And I'm not even going to go into her husband's membership in the Alaska Independence Party where she spoke in encourgement of their goals...which is to seceed from the US.

Tina Fey is bright, talented, and accomplished...all things that Sarah should aspire to.

October 12, 2008 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. scott1607

I think the movie Idiocracy spells it all out. We're almost there.

October 10, 2008 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  6. Grammar 101 for joe22

Hey, Joe22...
    Pperhaps you and your flock of non-sheep could get together for a quick grammar lesson before chastising others? "OOO THERE SO BRILLIANT". Hmm, I'm guessing you meant to say "THEY'RE" so brilliant. They're, as in they + are. They're. Might want to do a quick spellcheck before criticising others....

October 9, 2008 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. joe22

The thoughts on here are so sad. Everyone is a sheep following the latest trends of music, network news, and comedy. Tina Fey, brilliant huh? Wow, I guess my definition of brilliant is much different. You bloggers keep praising people who can really give a damn for you. JOHN STEWART, STEVEN COLBERT, OOO THERE SO BRILLIANT. Read a book for God sakes.

October 8, 2008 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jason Williams

Both parties and our country as a whole is suffering due to a complete vacuum of character and leadership at every level. From parents to local, state and federal government, leadership has vanished.

I love how "conservatives" spew the word liberal like a racial epithet and how "liberals" come across as pompous elitists. The VAST majority of Americans are somewhere in the middle, but only the far right and far left get publicized due to the fact that they scream the loudest and make for good TV.

Until we ALL, every single one of us, start to take some damn responsibility for our actions and decisions, American culture will continue to spiral downward. We are losing our place in the world due to our own lack of character. We HAVE to return to our previous sense of values, and I don't just mean "family" values. The entire country is full of people trying to live like the idiot cast of "The Hills". It's ridiculous and is completely undermining all the sacrifice and work that previous generations put into building our great nation.

October 8, 2008 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  9. Diane

LuckyC, although I am a registered Democrat and will vote with my party this election, I love your statement and look forward to the time when we can live in the world you describe. Will you vote in this election or will you not exercise that right?

October 7, 2008 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ChrisFrenzy

Denise, if there is a God, I certainly hope He's not choosing sides. And if He is, I hope He's not basing His choice on anything in The Bible. If He is, America is doomed.

October 7, 2008 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  11. LuckyC

If anyone can forget their prejudices and political views for this comment, I would appreciate feedback.

From what I am gathering in any of these blogs, I see a real danger in our future because no one has the courage to stand up against their own views to question the intentions of our leaders. I see the american people taking sides as if this is a civil war in terms of ideology and political affiliation. Its very childish, when we should be working together in addressing societal problems that affect everyone, rather than worrying about the religion or aesthetics of who is running for office.
    It should be making everyone angry that the election of our President is coming down to who is more christian than the other, or who is more experienced in matters of running an empire that has been built economically around the world. We are destroying every virtue that the Founding Fathers of the United States of America have fought for, the Constitution is being ignored on a daily basis in Washington as we speak.
    I truly think that we should recognize that we have access to vast amounts of information on political and social history, and use it to our advantage in making informed choices when we vote for our leaders. We have forgotten that we live in a democracy, where the people have the power to change the country we live in, not our leaders. If you research every presidential election in the past, you will find that the messege that the Democrats and Republicans are giving us today are the same promises that our leaders in the past have made.
    Recognize that you shouldn't worry about political affiliation or religion when it comes to voting, because in the end its going to be private interest that governs us, not public interest. This has to change, whether it be our Energy dependence, or our theological dependence.

I am a 19 year old native american and in college, and When I look at the choices I have in this election, I see Obama as a man full of promise, but their have been countless canidates promising what he is promising, and when I look at McCain, I see an old man wanting to finally win a presidential election, using any way necessary. I don't think either choice is great.
    All I want for America is that it remembers that the power lies in the hands of the people, never in the hands of the elected officials, so stop treating them as if they are the change, the change can only come from each and every one of us.

October 6, 2008 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Donna

That glamorous populist god and guns know-nothing girl of the north would sit at the right hand of a 72-year-old not very healthy-looking warlord whose judgements are firmly rooted in a self-inflicted ordeal in Hanoi. (That sentence was too long but 8th graders can diagram it. The same can't be said for syntax emanating from Governor Palin's lips.) Declaring that she represents the heartland is an insult to heartlanders.

Mr. McClone calls his decision to remain in prison honorable and would have us believe he lives an honorable life. Setting his tarted-up pit bull to attack Mr. Obama is not honorable. If there's a nasty job to do, he needs to do it himself. The senator is a coward. Voters who fell for heavily-funded Republican smear campaigns in 1988 and 2004 are still around and have probably cloned themselves. One would think that having been a victim of invented rumors himself in 2000, Mr. McCain would reject employing false and vicious tactics against a political opponent.

Tina Fey is great, but I pray this isn't the beginning of a four-year stint impersonating the dangerous airhead from Alaska. I am very, very frightened.

October 5, 2008 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Denise

Hey Bruce. I never even thought of the whole "cross dressing" thing. Something your not telling us (tongue-in-cheek). Kiddin. Thank you and a happy Friday to all and God Bless America. Even you ChrisFrenzy.

October 3, 2008 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Bruce

Well, Denise, if Tina does do a Biden impression, you would then scream that she is cross dressing? Tina doesn't need to prove anything about talent, between ChrisFrenzy and myself we have proven enough of that to you. Perhaps you refuse to accept that as proof, but that is your issue to deal with. And this redneck "heres your sign" quote, please. Couldn't you just thank us for the attempt to educate you? I am gracious, one "thank you" and I am all cool with it.

October 3, 2008 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jeff

ChrisFrenzy: Arrested Development....bar none, the best...."big yellow joint, big yellow joint....I'll meet you down at the big yellow joint!"

October 3, 2008 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Denise

To: ChrisFrenzy

Gotta admit, Arrested Development deserves the kudos. And MAD TV is the best when it comes to guilty pleasures. Kinda like Glenn Beck. Sorry, my accent came out on that one. Even though the whole impressions thing gets on my nerves (ALL of them), if Tina Fey is so talented lets see if she can come up with a really good Joe Biden impression. Happy Friday!

October 3, 2008 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  17. ChrisFrenzy

Denise: So you quote redneck semi-comedian Bill Engvall, who makes millions of dollars doing nothing but "making fun of other people." But you don't think Tina Fey is funny. And you like Sarah Palin.

I'm seeing a disturbing pattern here.

Also, the "signs" are for stupid people. Bruce is not one.

October 3, 2008 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  18. ChrisFrenzy

Bruce: Good points all. Here's a few more:

Tina has a degree from the University of Virginia.
    Tina can turn off the accent.
    Tina doesn't typically do impressions and was hesitant about doing the Palin one and was surprised when it scored so big.
    MadTV stinks in comparison to 30Rock [although Arrested Development was my favorite].

October 3, 2008 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Denise

Good one Bruce. You sure like awards. Here's your sign.

October 3, 2008 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Bruce

Denise- apparently you have missed Tine Fey's awards, since you claim she can do no more than a perfect artistic impression of a current newsfigure. Lets see, two writing awards on SNL, and numerous acting awards on 30 Rock, a show she designed, as well as an award for the show itself. Sure sounds like someone with a lack of talent, doesn't it Denise?

October 3, 2008 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Mason

Actually neither side has been all that truthful. Looking at fact check they both stretch and provide false hoods but then so do most people in politics. Todays quick info and insightfulness and the reference that in the future things will change, I agree. We are now a world of "everyone owes me something" and I am not accountable. Kids want trophys for mediocrity. You are right we will soon have no leaders at all just someone blogging hate mail like above. "Please tell me how to think, my ipod is my parent and all web material is complete truth!" :)

October 3, 2008 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Bruce

Chris – sounds like there are too many people who need educating here, I had to come in and give you a break since some refuse to pay attention to your free (and potentially country-saving) advice. Catch you in Toronto, if too many people mistake Palin for the real thing. We may both end up moving there. Eh? (I love beer and hockey, how can I go wrong?)

October 3, 2008 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Denise

Sorry, saw it, (don't remember much about it) can live without it. No one is gonna make fun of the Midwest thing??? C'mon – Nebraska, Alaska – have fun!

October 3, 2008 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  24. ChrisFrenzy

Bruce: ZING!

October 3, 2008 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Bruce

Denise – see 30 Rock for the answer to your own question.

October 3, 2008 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Bruce

Lynn, if you think people won't vote for Palin based on her inabililty to control her flirtatious ways, you haven't been reading the comments here. The fact is that most people who have bothered to fact check have concluded, and rightly so, that this woman is not one you want being one heartbeat from the presidence of the USA. Yeah, she winked a lot, and I noted that also, but nobody has said this is the sole reason she should not be elected. The winking was just her way of flirting with guys in the crowd or else with the men who were watching her on TV. Whether you wink or not, I don't care, but you have to admit it is not appropriate on all occasions.

October 3, 2008 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Denise

Denise, do you consider all people who do impressions or topical humor to be “making fun of other people” or just when Fey impersonates Palin? When Phil Hartman impersonated Bill Clinton did you find it funny or did it upset you that he was “making fun of other people?”

Personally, I thought Phil Hartman (God rest his soul) was much funnier on "News Radio" than when he was doing impressions. No, not all upset me. The first time Fey did Palin, believe or not, it did make me giggle. But hey, she needs to move on. One time can be humorous – over and over gets ridiculous and disrespectful. You say Fey is so talented – then why can't she come up with something new??

I see you had the intelligence to marry a redhead (smirk). And junior colleges rock.

October 3, 2008 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  28. ChrisFrenzy

Denise, my wife has red hair, I have none, I went to a junior college, I run my own business, I'm 45, have one kid, and hate that anyone would ever have to suffer through cancer, especially people who cannot afford healthcare.

Also, like Sarah Palin, I notice that you didn't answer my question.

October 3, 2008 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  29. ChrisFrenzy

Lynn: Sarah Palin may indeed be courageous. But the honesty and ethics you cite as reasons to support her simply do not exist. A cursory glance at any non-partisan fact-checking website will show that she has not been at all forthcoming regarding the Bridge, TrooperGate, Obama's tax policies, and a host of other things. As mayor and governor she has tapped high school buddies with negligible experience for important positions in state government. Meanwhile, she has attempted to invoke "executive privilege" to avoid testifying or providing subpoenaed evidence to investigators. Perhaps, in this sense, she is prepared for the White House. She uses the same mendacious tactics George W Bush does to avoid accountability for her corrupt actions.

October 3, 2008 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Denise

Hey ChrisFrenzy. Got it out of your system yet? Here's some more fodder for you: I have red hair, I'm fortysomething, went to a junior college, have kids, and I'm a cancer survivor. Oh yeah, I'm a registered independent from the midwest. Have fun.

October 3, 2008 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  31. ChrisFrenzy

Dario and Jeff: Thanks for weighing in. As an American, I am in favor of socialized medicine. The republicans try to scare us by saying things like, "do you really want your healthcare run by a government bureaucracy?" What they don't mention is that healthcare in the US is run entirely by corporate bureaucracies already. And they are destroying the system out of greed. And, given the choice between my government and a corporation, I'll take the former every time, because at the very least, a government bureaucracy in a democratic society is accountable to the people. Corporations? Good luck! Cheers to Canada!

October 3, 2008 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Denise

Good one Jeff. All four candidates have a special place in my heart. (smirk). I'm not an SNL fan (MAD TV rules) but I am a fan of those who have the nards to put themselves out there and run for public office. God love the democratic process.

October 3, 2008 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  33. ChrisFrenzy

Denise, do you consider all people who do impressions or topical humor to be "making fun of other people" or just when Fey impersonates Palin? When Phil Hartman impersonated Bill Clinton did you find it funny or did it upset you that he was "making fun of other people?"

Sarah Palin will be remembered for her ill-advised run for vice president. She will be a cautionary tale about attempting to do something you are not qualified to do. For instance, if I were to attempt to land a 747 [something I could never actually do], I would most likely "Sarah Palin It," meaning I would crash and burn.

And as for attacking "peoples [sic] intelligence without even knowing them," frankly, your support of Sarah Palin is all I need to know.

October 3, 2008 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Jeff

Denise wrote: "Hi ChrisFrenzy. Here are the facts: Sarah Palin WILL be remembered as running for republican vice president"

Denise, That's fine...just as long as she never gets remembered for BEING the republican vice president.

October 3, 2008 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Lynn

I am doing double takes when I see Tina Fey as Sarah. WOW! Both gorgeous ladies! It is okay to laugh at Tina Fey because she does an amazing impersonation; but I am not allowing SNL, many of the ladies from ‘The View’ the bulk of Hollywood to influence my vote.

I think Sarah’s courage, honesty and ethics are refreshing, we could use a bit of that in times like these.

As far as those negative comment regarding comparing her to running for student counsel – I am a successful business woman, I smile all the time and YES – I WINK! When I am smiling, laughing and addressing a crowd – I don’t know why – but I catch someone’s eye and I wink, and they always smile back. Sometimes it is at a friend or co-workers in the crowd, or a person who I caught daydreaming, playing on their cell phone etc.

So you wouldn’t vote for someone because they are vibrant and winked???

Instead of writing some of these nasty comments, use your time to compare the views of these candidates – make an educated decision –don’t rely on who Brad and Angelina are voting for or who is being made a parody of on your favorite comedy.

October 3, 2008 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Dario

Hey evelyn, We in Canada will enjoy our socialized health care, at least we have it and it doesn't take as long to see a doctor as you in the US thinks it does. Our wait times are better than yours and at we can get care when we need it. We also don't have a mortgage crisis or need to bail out our corrupt banks among other things.

I live close to the border and many of my US friends love Canada and wish the US was more like us.

Your leaders are giving you the worst of socialism while they get the best.

Since your education system is far below ours I will let you go on this one, but try to do some research and know what you are saying before you open your mouth.

October 3, 2008 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Denise

Hi ChrisFrenzy. Here are the facts: Sarah Palin WILL be remembered as running for republican vice president and Tina Fey, being a comedien, DOES make a living making fun of other people. Its always interesting how people can attack other peoples intelligence without even knowing them. Fascinating.....

October 3, 2008 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  38. ChrisFrenzy

SpookyX: Durn right! Republicans try hard to compare Palin and Obama in the experience category a lot. But it just doesn't wash. Obama has EASILY as much experience in government as 'W' when he took office, but they didn't have a problem with that 8 years ago. But Obama has a far better record of being right about things. Meanwhile, Palin has a record of nepotism, back-stabbing, and budgetary chaos. Not to mention lying. We don't need four more years of that.

October 3, 2008 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Mags

Palin is just a puppet for McCain. She has no right being in office.

However, I LOVE THe SNL SKITS! I'd like to use a life line...

thanks!

October 3, 2008 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  40. ChrisFrenzy

Denise, Tina Fey will be remembered for being an intelligent and insightful comedian [and a creator, writer and actor of a multi-Emmy winner, too]. She's not trying to be anything she's not.

Sarah Palin will be remembered as a hockey mom/beauty queen who suddenly found herself pretending to be prepared and able to handle the rigors of the office of vice president of the U.S. She IS trying to be something she is clearly not. That you don't see this speaks more about your intelligence than it does about either Palin's or Fey's.

October 3, 2008 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Gina

I love Tina Fey, she is the funniest women on NBC. I am not a fan of Sarah Palin and I hope they do not get elected, but a little part of me wouldn't mind just to see Tina act as Sarah

October 3, 2008 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Thomas

To all the conservative brothers and sisters who has contributed to this blog, and trying to convince the rest of us that Palin is intelligent; nobody is saying she is not.

All we are saying is she is full of BS. Like the conservative commentator said last week “Palin is attractive, intelligent, and forth coming”, only issue here is what she is saying when she is asked specific questions. She talks in circles. What is her real experience?, Do you want someone with so little political experience running United States in a time where almost every country in this world want us to fail?

October 3, 2008 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Denise

Again, its getting old. Sarah Palin will be remembered as the woman who ran for republican vice president. Tina Fey will be remembered for making a living making fun of other people. Does Tina Fey even have her own personality??????

Tina Fey, your no Eddie Murphy.

October 3, 2008 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  44. SpookyX

Wow, seems like the Republicans can dish it out but can't take it. They have been mocking Obama, his supporters and Biden from the beginning. Remember if Palin had not provided the world with such material there would be nothing to laugh about. She may be ready to lead Alaska but certainly not ready to lead America.

October 3, 2008 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  45. ChrisFrenzy

I can't be 100% sure, but I think Sarah Palin was hitting on me last night.

October 3, 2008 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  46. ian

Here's how Esther Dyson put it: "It's pretty clear that Biden spent decades getting ready for this debate, learning from experience; Palin spent a couple of weeks, learning from handlers and speech coaches."

October 3, 2008 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Justin

I would like to know to why she was winking left and right during the debate. I thought she was trying to pick up a date.

October 3, 2008 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Bruce

Better yet, Jeff and ChrisFrenzy, does anyone know the name of a good realtor up there? Cuz I aint taking 4 more years of this regime. No how no way no McCain

October 3, 2008 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  49. John

"She smiled and winked too much," "She acted like she was running for student council," "Biden was Presidential", etc. Did anyone listen to what they SAID, instead of HOW they said it? I submit that the media's portrayal of a politician depends entirely on his or her public speaking skills. And since the public perception comes entirely from the media (it has to, unless you know the candidate personally), the more charming candidate will win. And in our sound-bite, short-attention-span culture, it's even easier to condense an hour-long interview into 10 seconds of dialogue that make a candidate look like a genius or a moron. Couric's interviews of Palin have been boiled down to the "Bush Doctrine" blank stare, only being able to name one Supreme Court case she disagreed with, and only knowing that McCain had warned against Fannie Mae's lack of regulation (but didn't know the specifics of his voting record). How many of those questions could you answer as well as Palin, let alone better?
    Palin's problem, really, is that she's afraid to say, "I don't know" because she's afraid it will make her look dumb; instead she rambles on like "a beauty pageant contestant hoping to stumble across a right answer eventually", and she really does look dumb. She's not, of course, but like I said, that doesn't matter. Obama, the smooth talker, will win, just like Clinton, the smooth talker, won; Bush the Bumbler beat Kerry the Robot by a hair. If Cary Grant were alive today, he could win a presidential election by a landslide.

October 3, 2008 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  50. ChrisFrenzy

Jeff: If Nov 4th goes bad, do you have a guest room we can use?

October 3, 2008 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Middle classer

ggg: ..."Mark my words if Obama is elected we will be attacked on US soil in a big way because our enemies view him as weak, indecisive and a nubile..."

So, our enemies see Obama as weak, indecisive and sexually attractive/ready for marriage? Really? If you don't understand a word's definition, I would advise not using it.

I have to say that while Palin was able to stick to her script fairly well last night, she did little to reassure me that she's ready for any kind of real leadership. She didn't demonstrate the ability to think on her feet or answer questions.

As a woman, I'm afraid that McCain's choice in running mates is only undermining female credibility. Women are known for their ability to communicate, yet Palin comes off as incoherent much of the time, throwing out buzzwords and condescending "cutesy-talk" instead of answers.

October 3, 2008 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Jeff

and good luck to you folks Ian...we're really and truly want to be proud of our neighbours again.

October 3, 2008 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  53. ChrisFrenzy

ggg: Looking at all the fact checks I've seen this morning, it's Palin who did not fare well. Which is remarkable when you consider how few specifics she offered up.

October 3, 2008 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  54. ian

jeff: im an american who has lived in europe and also montreal and recently returned. you would be amazed at the general level of ignorance and lack of foresight in the states about the world and politics. sarah palin is an international laughingstock yet still,

there are millions of ham fisted american republicans that see nothing wrong with her and her qualifications. her appointment should be an outrage and an insult to the intelligence of republican voters but it doesnt matter because she is against r v wade and touts herself as a christian and she is more attractive then your average politician (a fine voting trait eh?). A great book i recommend to sort of understand this voting idiocy is 'what's the matter with kansas" – which explores the thesis of the microcosm of how kansas voters amazingly moved away from a traditional democratic base to voting for republicans and how the carl roves of the world manipulated them into wedge voting. Your average joe in kansas that votes republican is in effect voting against his own self-interests, but is voting in his own mind as a "cultural and lifestyle choice" says the author.

i believe that this is the last election that these types of voters have a chance at because the younger americans are more informed and have broken free of the control structures of bigotry and religion that dominate the old minds in this country. The younger generation no longer watches TV every night – they talk to each other on the internet and are aware that the older generation in middle america are a bunch of fools. This is the last election these bush voters can get to – unfortunately this election also may be the most important election america and indeed the western world has ever held. We are truly on the brink...but dont count us out yet –

Cross your fingers up there man and drink a fin du monde on november 4th and hope the good guys win because if we go down you canucks are going with us!!!!

October 3, 2008 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  55. GGNJ

I don't care what side Palin is on. I was very impressed, after seeing all the bs from the media, I didn't know what to expect. She did a great job w/ the debate , and she isn't such an idiot as people are making her out to be. Besides, do you people really think the world is gonna change with whomever is in office?? Get real

October 3, 2008 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Kyle

Hey we can all at least agree that Palin and Fey are both hot right?

October 3, 2008 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Jeff

Evelyn: believe me, i will happily stay in Canada for my socialized healthcare...and you can stay in the US....God knows that the americans sneaking across our border for free healthcare and medications is a serious burden on our system...

We look forward to a gradual change to a US government underneath us (on the map and in world opinions) that will start to work for the better....time to throw out your trash (and the continuation of that trash) and start rebuilding your tattered imagine on the world stage...come on, the US is bringing down the neighbourhood...it's a sad statement that we HAVE to wear Canadian flags on our clothing and luggage. We'd happily do it for National pride, but we do it. more importantly, to make sure no one EVER makes the mistake of confusing us with Americans....you can't imagine how much better we are treated abroad once we explain that we aren't american. Time for someone like Obama to begin the process of changing world opinion.

October 3, 2008 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  58. fcphantom

When it comes to Palin, I'm so happy we reasonable people have Fey to make us laugh.

It keeps us from crying.

October 3, 2008 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Cassie

It seems that all of those who are angry about the Tina Fey skits can't do much more than write the word 'liberal' in all caps and yell at everyone to stick to the facts. The FACTS are that, being a liberal or not does not make a difference in the way Sarah Palin portrays herself. She is representing, not only the John McCain campaign, but women in our country as well and she is doing a poor job. She is furthering the stereotype that women have to use their looks, cute smiles and winks to get to the top rather than relying on intelligence alone.

I like some of what John McCain has to offer this country, but I think that he made a mistake with Palin.

Also, I love Tina Fey and the reason it is so hilarious to watch her spoof Palin is because she doesn't even have to try hard to do it. Palin makes a joke out of herself.

October 3, 2008 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  60. LPLT

I don't doubt that Palin is shrewd but I don't think she is intelligent in the book-ish sense.

Worst of all is her lack of curiosity regarding the world. The absolutely devastating comment, for me, was her inability in the Katie Couric interview to name where she goes to get her news. How could any reasonably intelligent person not be able to identify at least a few news sources?

October 3, 2008 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Mason

Amen Chris, instead of web sites, media, and actors telling us who to vote and not vote for; people should do their own research and think for themselves.

October 3, 2008 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  62. ChrisFrenzy

Also, I notice that Palin fans use a lot of vague words to defend her, like: smart, pretty and nice. Even if any of these were actually true, they don't answer the question "what qualifies her to lead?" But then, she has a history of not answering questions too, so...

October 3, 2008 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Don

Hey Jeff! I am glad that I'm an American. It's unfortunate that you base you opinion of all Americans on what you see in the media. I have news for you. That's not the USA. That is only the media trying to grab attention ($$) and what better way than with humor. Also, It is not very polite or intelligent to generalize a nation of 300 million based on comedy skits. If you are interested, try to focus on the guys running for President and not be so concerned with the VP's. BTW...I don't think the rest of the world is too concerned with Palin. There are far more important things to address.

October 3, 2008 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  64. too serious

People..
    First of all..do a spell and grammar check before submitting your comments. Who wants to read poor grammar and spelling?
    Humor is what it is. It is an outlet for a tense and worisome society. I can not speak for all of the public but times are very rough and day to day survival is getting much more common to all.
    Laugh a little and enjoy what we can..when we still can.
    Life is too short to be so serious.

October 3, 2008 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  65. planet earth talking

Sarah Palin did alright last night, and I wont say that she isn't intelligent because i would look like an idiot if I was just thrusted into the middle of one of the most important presedential races in history as well. But she is clearly in over head.

October 3, 2008 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Mel

Palin rocks. End of story. You're just jealous because she's hotter than you.

October 3, 2008 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  67. nancy

Oh come guys, you know she reads all those newspapers.....

October 3, 2008 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Frank

Their certainly is a resemblance, but that's where the similarities end. The big difference is that Fey is more qualified to be the VP.

October 3, 2008 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Papo

It's a good impression and all, but unfortunately it's the only humorous thing about Tina Fey, who continues to run SNL into the ground. If I were her I'd thank God every day that I looked like someone more famous than me.

October 3, 2008 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  70. ChrisFrenzy

Ultimately, it isn't Sarah Palin's ignorance that's being put to the test, but the ignorance of the American public.

Whoever wins or loses the election in November, there will be someone on SNL to impersonate them. Fey's act is getting so much attention because it is an accurate read on what should be concerning Americans about Palin's qualifications for office. That a lot of what Fey says is lifted directly from what Palin says is particularly telling.

Obama/Biden all the way!

October 3, 2008 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Joy O

I like Sarah Palin and will be voting for her ticket, but I have to admit that Tina Fey is just brilliant in her impersonation. Actually, I'm proud of two smart women getting ahead in their respective fields and showing the boys a thing or two.

October 3, 2008 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Greg

If you look where the story is from, I think the more interesting fact is that it appears the rest of the world just really doesn't care enough about the US to pay attention.

Perhaps they were asleep at the switch, which would make them republicans from my understanding.

October 3, 2008 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Kim

All Sarah Palin needed to do in her closing remarks was give us the beauty queen hand wave and I would have lost it. I felt like I was watching a candidate in a beauty pagent – she's in a league all her own. Never seen ANYTHING like it before. I should try speaking Palinese at work and see how long I last.

October 3, 2008 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Thomas

If McCain had picked Fey, I might even have voted for him

October 3, 2008 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Matt

Well, as they say, reality has a well-known liberal bias . . .

October 3, 2008 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Javier

Palin held her own very well, hearing her debate was better than hearing Obama's empty promises in the prior debate.

October 3, 2008 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Lafcadio

For Emily, Brad, D Chard and others: Intelligent. You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Unless you're D-students looking up at a C-minus, I guess.

Stop confusing rote memorization with intelligence and mental flexibility.

October 3, 2008 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Valerie

Holy crap, that's funny.

What is even funnier are the people getting all riled up in defending Sarah Palin. Really? You think she's smart? All that means is you think she's smarter than YOU and that's not saying much.

She isn't capable of being specific and definitive and if you watched the debate you know that Biden could run circles around her when it comes to knowing the facts. Watching her regugitate all that material she had clearly memorized specifically for this occasion was insulting to those of us who actually pay attention to what' sgoing on in this country on a day to day basis. She rarely managed to answer a specific question and she was so vague that it was clear this woman isn't ready to be second in command.

October 3, 2008 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Was Buf., Now Was

To say Palin is stupid is stupid, just like saying Bush is stupid is stupid. Bush was obviously WAY smarter than we thought he was, and played his stupid act all the way into 8 years in the White House.

I remember Will Ferrell as Bush on SNL in 2000, when all he did was name various world leaders, as a perfect example of the lead-in to yesterday's "debate," where we saw Palin "answer" more than one question by not answering at all, but going back to what she knows.

I'm in the middle class, and I come from hockey country, and I've met people like Palin. The disconnect, however, is that they would never dream of becoming Vice President– more like head of the local Welcome Wagon.

Wink at that.

October 3, 2008 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  80. ian

tom: kneejerk conservative fool you are. This article is about a quebec city paper. if you might check a map quebec is in canada.

October 3, 2008 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  81. lisays

It would be funny to have Fey's Palin in tete-a-tete with Dana Carvey's Church Lady for all kinds of rad religious fun.

October 3, 2008 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Dawson

Tina Fey is brilliant! It's hilarious how well she nails her Palin impersonation. I can't wait to see SNL tomorrow night. After watching the debate, they have plenty of stuff to work with. All that winking, "gosh darn", hockey mom crap was irritating as hell. Obama/Biden ftw!

October 3, 2008 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  83. just someone

For the love of whomever...you're all hating on her now, but who are you going to hate next when your expectations aren't met? Do you honestly think you can do better? How do you think you'll fare if you were in that seat? If all you're going to do is blog and hate and not do anything else but that, then maybe you should revoke your rights and sit down and shut up.

October 3, 2008 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  84. ggg

you libs just dont get it. all you worry about is how someone looks and how they speak. You don't concern yourself with facts or the truth, it is all about emotion and feelings. You are supposed to be the party of inclusion, diversity and tolerance but you are anything but, You peddle in hate and use class and race warfare to get people on your side.

All the pundits in all the liberal media are so glad Biden did not blow it but I urge you to check the facts he spewed out, I am sure CNN has already checked all of Palin's statements with a fine toothed comb but I am sure nothing will be done about Biden.

The media is so in the tank for Obama it is isn't even funny. Listen to Lou Dobbs, CNN's Lou Dobbs, he has it right and even he is sickened by it.

Obama can't win straight up and fair, he has to have the media, Hollywood and others in the bag. He will have his minions steal the election the Chicago way. Vote early and often as they say. There is already voter fraud in Ohio; promising people money and food and booze to vote for Obama! Sickening.

You couldn't win in 2000 and 2004 against a weak President and what will you do when McCain wins this year? This will be funny to watch.

Mark my words if Obama is elected we will be attacked on US soil in a big way because our enemies view him as weak, indecisive and a nubile when it comes to world polictics. Obama will use diplomacy when a hammer is needed and he will sit idly by, hold meetings and phone it in just like he did during the economic crisis.

Good luck!!!!

October 3, 2008 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Jo Bird

Seems like Palin is now playing off of Fey's impersonation of her. I'm sure Fey is going to incorporate all that winking and "Say it ain't so" folksy-ness into her next SNL skit.

Palin is likable, no doubt about it, and she may be smart...but the operative question is - Is she capable, ready, and a fast learner?

October 3, 2008 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  86. KevinF

I don’t doubt that Palin is an intelligent woman, but why does she feel the need to sound like a complete hayseed in order to connect to middle America? Does she think we’re all stupid?

October 3, 2008 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Mike

Though I do not think Palin has enough knowledge to be vice president, she is smart enough to marry todd....what a hottie !

October 3, 2008 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Andrew

I think Sarah Palin looks like Karen from Will and Grace

October 3, 2008 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Bruce

reply to Tom (who wrote in at 11:18 chastising liberals for confusting actors with politicians) – Sorry, Tom, but you conservatives have put 1 actor in the white house, and two in the california state house, among others in congress, so who are you to complain about liberals? Just another whining conservative who realizes that the days of his narrow and uneducated ideals are numbered.

October 3, 2008 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Cooltropic

It is wrong to say Palin isn;t intelligent because she is but that's not to be confused with ready/ capable, that she is not, I'm sure she does a fine job in that state she mentioned about a 1000 times last night.
    The winking and the betcha's about drove me up the wall, fact is she was clearly over matched and the bizarre awnsers to some of the questions did not fly.
    It was a nice try on McCain's part but the mere thought of him leading and her the VP is not right for our country regardless of which party you represent

October 3, 2008 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Jimmy

How dare people say Sarah Palin is unintelligent. She is the Governor of a state and doing quite well with that. Tina Fey is an actress who plays Palin. I am not going to say Tina is unintelligent, but the truth is that what Tina does is make-believe. What Sarah Palin does is real.

October 3, 2008 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Brian in Texas

I hope they do a "debate" skit where they show what is going on in Sarah Palin's head while Joe Biden is talking. "Also. Also. Also. Though. Also. Also. Also."

And in Biden's head while Sarah is talking. "I miss Joe Lieberman. How did I get stuck in a "debate" with this clueless airhead?"

October 3, 2008 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  93. christine

Any intelligent person that knows anything about the way humans are wired knows that when people are critical it means they are jealous! Palin is smart and beautiful!!!

October 3, 2008 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Tyler

Obama went to Florida and prepared for the debates in a cram session. They all do it. So to Emily who said,"To think she had to cram for days to be ready for a debate only tells me that she is not prepared to lead a country." You need to say the same about Obama. He actually had someone 'play' McCain in his debate cram session.

October 3, 2008 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  95. evelyn

Jeff stay in Canada and enjoy your socialized health-care.
    Jona, I bet your hilarious and amazingly attractive.
    Fey is hilarious.
    Palin is just an easy one to mock with her darn-its, forging and maverick talk.
    She is a smart cookie, perhaps just not smart enough to be our VP.

October 3, 2008 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Bud

I feel sorry for Tina Fey because she will always be upstaged by this pathetic excuse for a VP contender. Tina Fey is smarter than Gov. Palin could ever hope to be.

October 3, 2008 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Shelly K.

I don't think people are being too harsh on Palin. If she was a man, no one would be complaining about it. She could potentially be a next Vice President. She should be grilled. This "average Joe" stuff scares me, because, NO!, anyone cannot and should not be in charge of our nation.

McCain/Palin, that is more of a joke than anything Tina Fey can come up with. Fey does an amazing impression.

October 3, 2008 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  98. bmccoy

i would vote for Tina Fey as VP right now over Palin.

October 3, 2008 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Jeff

Jona: She might be a GOVERNOR, but people have made silly election mistakes before...I mean, you elected Bush as PRESIDENT....TWICE!!! That has got to go down as the biggest group blunder in history.

What I saw last night on your VP debate was another individual who did a lot of smirking...and a lot of winking...and a lot of other not-very-statesperson-like actions...I cringed at her use of the english language gee-golly. I'm looking forward to watching Fey capitalize on Palin's yokel.

October 3, 2008 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Lynne

Calm down, Jeannine. lol If you take a look at CNN's homepage, you'll see that even the candidates aren't sticking to "just the facts." When you put yourself out there as a political candidate, you open yourself up to scrutiny and ridicule. If Palin can't stomach being called stupid, she surely can't be my vice-president. Obama has had to put up with uninformed people calling him a terrorist; McCain has had to endure the jokes about his 17..16....? houses; Biden has had to survive being chastized for his biting remarks. "Liberal idiots" aren't the only ones slinging mud. It's the nature of the beast.

October 3, 2008 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  101. wer

"All you liberal loving idiots need to STOP!
    How can you even insinuate that Palin is not intelligent!"

Wait, did you even watch Katie Couric's interview with her? There's being biased, and then there's the facts. She's no Einstein honey.

October 3, 2008 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  102. ashley

Tina Fey did a great job, the sad part is she said EXACT quotes from Palin!

October 3, 2008 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Carrie Ann

It is not wrong to say that Palin went to five colleges before she graduated. That shows a lack of something. Also, did anyone else notice that in the space of 60 seconds she repeated the Iranian leaders name 6 times to prove that she learned it and could pronounce it? I do not remember her doing that with any other world leader. I can't wait to see what Tina Fey does with that.

October 3, 2008 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  104. Jeff

Tina Fey, I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 3, 2008 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  105. kc

Jona lighten up dude

October 3, 2008 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  106. JoAnna

McCain called Fey's impersonation "sexist," yet I counted Palin winking into the camera last night THREE TIMES. Talk about setting women back.

October 3, 2008 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  107. kc

Fey and Palin have much in common, but what does Fey know about ENERGY?. What I'm talking about is ENERGY. In case you didn't hear me I said ENERGY.

October 3, 2008 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  108. Sean

Palin's accent reminds me of Frances McDermott in "Fargo"...

Youbecha....

October 3, 2008 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  109. ken in florida

I agree that Palin is intelligent. She just doesn't have what it takes to be the VP right now, maybe in 10 years or so, but not right now, God forbid, but if anything were to happen to the president, I would rather Biden step in instead of someone who has no experience in Washington.

October 3, 2008 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  110. jona

She's A GOVERNOR.. TINA Fey is a smirking arrogant loser.. Not Funny, Not pretty and not real people

October 3, 2008 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  111. jona

TINA FEY WAS NEVER , EVER FUNNY. SHE'S SCCRFACE BORE

October 3, 2008 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  112. Tom

Not many could have accomplished what Sarah Palin did in the time she has done it. She is impressive despite all those who want her to fail. And she is honest. You can't say that about her opponents. Smart and honest is priceless.

October 3, 2008 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  113. Jeff

My goodness, I'm glad i'm Canadian...the closer you americans get to election day, the more juvenile you all seem to the rest of the world...SNL's skit was great...it actually reflects what the rest of the world thinks of Palin.

Sounds to me like a lot of McCain supporters are looking to blame his loss in the election on CNN and the rest of the liberal media...they hear the bell tolling for McCain and want to start throwing around the blame early. Very sad....very Bush.

October 3, 2008 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  114. Emily

It's wrong to say that Palin isn't intellegent...but it's completely appropriate to say that she is NOT ready to be 2nd in command of our country. To think she had to cram for days to be ready for a debate only tells me that she is not prepared to lead a country. I won't debate her intellegence, but she is not informed enough to lead.

October 3, 2008 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  115. Aman

fey is hot... the other one is old lady hot...

October 3, 2008 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  116. Kevin

You CNN forum moderators are clueless morons, liberal zombies who worship at the altar of stupidity.

October 3, 2008 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  117. drow

McCain/Fey in 2008!

October 3, 2008 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  118. charle

The media has to mock everything.And the stupidity of the American public laughs right along ,like a wild pack of laughing idiots.The state of the world is hardly funny anymore.It is tragic and sad.It is a mockery of what it was created to be.

October 3, 2008 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  119. Tami

people are way too harsh on palin.

and biden is better? biden would do well to not have botox or hair plugs right before he gets on camera.

i'm for palin all the way.

October 3, 2008 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  120. Bubba the Conspiracy Theorist

That's it! They are the same person! Fey has been playing this "Palin" character all along. That Todd guy is probably the governor of Alaska in real life and is in on the joke, after all, who knows what they do up there in Eskimo land? Maybe they have a king or something, I'll try to find out and git back to ya! McCain is totally fooled and when he finds out his campaign is actually an SNL skit, he'll go nutzoid.

October 3, 2008 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  121. Brad

Wendy – Keep dreamin'! Anyone who watched the deate last night knows, even if they won't admit it, that Palin is quite intelligent – unlike many of her detractors.

October 3, 2008 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  122. D Chard

People, stop being so demeaning to this obviously intelligent women. I question what motivates your comments.

October 3, 2008 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  123. obamasuptr

Palin winked and nodded a bit too much for my comfort level. I don't think that went over well even among conservatives. There were no clear ideas for change, nor did she explain McCain's fixation on deregulation, a major cause of our economic collapse. Biden was a gentlement, very learned, he spoke of the First Amendment with great command, obviously over Palin's little ole hade, she agreed with Cheny that the Veep should have lots of wiggle room to exert/impose his/her will on the American People. Enough of this nonsense, vote for change. Obama/Biden are the farthest from the Bush Years we can get. Let's embrace real change, not the dark cloud over this country for the past 8 years.

October 3, 2008 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  124. AV

What's funny is that Palin is a caricature, a parody of herself, so it's not surprising one would confuse the governor with someone satirizing her. I'm middle-class. I grew up in a small town in the country and I know the kind of people she claims to be. All her quaint-ness and small town attitude and "gosh darn its" are so utterly contrived that it's insulting.

October 3, 2008 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  125. Thomas

Tina Fay – one word – “Brilliant”

Palin – two words – (1) “patronizing” (did anyone notice the smirk on Palin’s face most of the debate) – (2) “Juvenile” (comes across as she is running for her high school student presidency by trying to be cute – notice the wink…wink during the debate)

I hope Tin Fay do another skit tomorrow night, I can’t wait to watch. SNL’s rating is going to go sky-high.

October 3, 2008 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  126. Allen

Republican analysts this morning said Palin was "sufficient".

Biden was Presidential.

Fey is Brilliant !

October 3, 2008 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  127. Beth

You know, I've been wracking my brains for a few weeks trying to think of who Sarah Palin's accent and voice remind me of, and it suddenly dawned on me last night during the debate: Ernestine the Telephone Operator. Remember the Lily Tomlin character? Just a add wry quip followed by a little snort and *bingo!* Sarah Palin morphs into Ernestine. *sigh* I'll never be able to see Palin speak again without imagining her saying, "Is the number to which you are calling?"

October 3, 2008 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  128. rrgg

Excuse me. Sounds like Le Soliel is the unintelligent one here. It reminds me of some Chinese newspaper that started quoting The Onion a while ago.

October 3, 2008 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  129. Bob

Fey is a joke, as is the rest of snl's left-wing writing staff. I gave up watching their unfunny nonsense a decade ago.

October 3, 2008 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  130. Riann

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm looking foward to seeing Saturday Night Live this weekend. After last night's debate, and the way Palin couldn't manage to stay on topic and answer the questions she was asked, Fey should have plenty of material to work with!

Fey's performance as Palin during the mock Katie Couric interview was absolutely hilarious! Her impersonation is spot on and brilliant!

October 3, 2008 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  131. Corey

Peggy Hill, that never came to mind, but now that I think about it, pretty funny!

October 3, 2008 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  132. Mona

Actually, not only Fey is smarter but she's also much prettier than Palin.

October 3, 2008 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  133. Tina Fey for President

I think that Tina Fey would do much better in the white house than Sarah Palin

October 3, 2008 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  134. Jeannine

All you liberal loving idiots need to STOP!
    How can you even insinuate that Palin is not intelligent!
    I can't stomach Barack Obama but I don't go around saying he's not intelligent! Geez! Why don't we stick to the facts! Give it a rest. I'm tired of the media being so one sided and catering to the liberals in this country. Why not tell just the truth?...JUST THE FACTS!!!!!

October 3, 2008 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  135. Jennifer

seriously, fey should debate pallin, that would be hillarious!

October 3, 2008 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  136. DTrivett in Nova Scotia Canada

I hope for the sake of the US and the world that Palin and McCain lose! If not we are ALL screwed!

October 3, 2008 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  137. Joe in Chlt

I would actually vote for Tina Fey!

October 3, 2008 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  138. Tom

It's sad that you confuse celebrities with politicians. Just shows how out of touch most liberals are in the world.

October 3, 2008 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  139. Aramis out of Orlando

Fey is smart. Palin is like the substitue filling in for the real vice president, shes clueless.

October 3, 2008 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  140. Doodle

She's my hero! (Tina Fey, that is)

October 3, 2008 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  141. tina

That was a total failure on palin's part. She did not answer the questions that was given to her and she acted as if she was running for student coucil or mayor. not VP...she is so out of her league...He will have to drop her to win

October 3, 2008 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  142. Denise

Its getting old.

October 3, 2008 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  143. MDowell

Actually-Fey is better than Palin. As with Fey-its all an act.

October 3, 2008 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  144. Wendy in CA

They certainly look alike. But there is one major difference: Fey is INTELLIGENT.

October 3, 2008 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  145. Bean

Before the SNL skits even started, I was confusing Palin w/ Tina Fey...

Though Palin also reminds me a lot of Peggy Hill (from King of the Hill)

October 3, 2008 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |