July 25th, 2008

Programming tips

A few things to look forward to in the next couple weeks …

"Mad Men" stars Jon Hamm as ad exec Don Draper.

“Mad Men” begins its second season Sunday night on AMC. The show earned 16 Emmy nominations for season one, which introduced us to the Sterling Cooper ad agency circa 1960 - a model firm of polished shoes and polished men in one of New York’s gleaming new glass boxes. Underneath the gloss, of course, things were as messy as the cigarette butts piled up in local tavern ashtrays: affairs, identity crises and a sense that the old order was breaking down. Season two begins its chronicle in February 1962. I’m still wondering how HBO could have passed on this, but the “Sopranos” network’s loss is AMC’s - and our - gain. (Need to catch up on season one? It's just out on DVD.)

– My wife, a ballroom dancing enthusiast, loves a dance show on TV. But it’s not “Dancing with the Stars” (which she dismisses as this decade’s version of “Battle of the Network Stars”) or “So You Think You Can Dance.” No, she’s become addicted to MTV’s “America’s Best Dance Crew” - and gotten me hooked, too. I can do without the audience shrieks (well, it is MTV) or the comments of judges Lil Mama (“You slept on it”) and JC Chasez (remembering his ‘N Sync moves), but the sheer athleticism of the competitors is stunning. The show is getting down to its final four. Check it out Thursdays at 10 p.m. - or many other times throughout the week, since it is MTV and they rerun everything incessantly.

– And for those who didn’t get the first 30 minutes of “Wall-E” because there was no dialogue (and judging from this blog entry, there were many), please make sure you’re watching Turner Classic Movies on Saturday, August 2, when the network will program a full day of Charlie Chaplin films. Among the selections: 1918’s “A Dog’s Life,” 1921’s “The Kid,” 1925’s “The Gold Rush” (the one where he eats his boot), 1936’s “Modern Times” and 1940’s “The Great Dictator.” (Too bad “The Rink” is missing, but you can find it all over the Web.) So much can be said without words, and Chaplin was one of the greats. (Turner Classic Movies is a unit of Time Warner, as is CNN.)

- Todd Leopold, CNN.com Entertainment Producer

Filed under: movies

1. Logan Baker

Burn Notice is one hell of a great tv series, i love spy movies and tv series like this one.*:;

June 29, 2010 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. Steven Eisenpreis

You forgot to mention another great drama, THE CLOSER, on your sister network, TNT. Kyra Sedgwick makes Brenda Leigh Johnson a believable and sympathetic character and a doggedly determined fighter for the people of the City of Angels, and the drama also has great guest stars! (For example, it was interesting to see Brian Krause, who longtime CHARMED fans may remember as healing angel Leo Wyatt, hang up his halo to play a bad guy. He did a great job as a corrupt fire marshal!)

July 27, 2008 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. David

Another vote for "Eureka" on SciFi! The second season begins Tuesday, and they're running last season's eps (there aren't that many) to help newbies catch up. It's both very intelligent and wonderfully goofy. Quite worth checking out.

July 27, 2008 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jordan

A TV reviewier who "trumpets" Dance crew lmao moron but doesnt talk about shows like Pyche,Monk,Burn Notice and real shows = Idiot

July 27, 2008 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mark

Burn Notice: Great

July 27, 2008 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. L J Roy

Even though it's on at midnight and only on Weds and Thursdays (recordable DVD or VHS recommended), "Whose Line is it Anyway?" on ABC Family and "The Drew Carey Show" wherever you can find it.

Also, thank God for TV Land for sitcoms of yesteryear back when us adults were kids. The only kudos is there ARE a lot of commercials and are edited.

I also like the classic old movies like on TCM, mostly musicals and comedies...and I can watch The Marx Brothers 24/7/52.

July 27, 2008 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  7. Kay

Do yourself a favor and netfilx Seasons 1-3 Battlestar Galactica. It is simply amazing. A great Drama. It does not matter that it is set in space. We are not SciFI folks. We discovered it by accident and my husband and I are hooked. It is much better on DVD WITHOUT the commercial interruptions.

July 27, 2008 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jeff

I saw one episode of Burn Notice and was really suprised how good it was. I am going to get the DVD.

July 27, 2008 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  9. jake

house....south park......spongebob......thats all the tv one needs

July 26, 2008 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. mami

Don't forget the great HBO series BIG LOVE.

July 26, 2008 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sandy

I agree with Monk and The Closer, but I also really enjoy Boston Legal. The writers are so clever and the stories offbeat and fun, but with a moral. I love the all actors. Also, I cannot wait for Damages to return. And what about Mythbusters and Meerkat Manor? Probably a few others out there, but not much on network television.

July 26, 2008 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Peggy1133

The only "NEW" show I bother to watch is Boston Legal... But when is it on? Does anyone know what has happened to it?

Besides this show, Seinfeld & MASH reruns are still entertaining...

July 26, 2008 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. mk

I loved The Wire from HBO. . I like Myth busters and The discovery channel. Any show with substance and content. I can't stand the overplayed fake anger that is passed off as drama... i.e. Orange County Choppers...Monster Garage....Deadliest Catch....Ice Road Truckers...Tree Toppers....etc!!!

July 26, 2008 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  14. LadyB

Battlestar Galactica is the best program on TV. In my house we also love to watch Dr. Who and Eureka. They're both just absolutely fun shows to watch.

July 26, 2008 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jami

With the exception of the Charlie Chaplin, those things are NOT worth watching. What's worth watching is things like Monk, Psych, Doctor Who, and Shalom In The Home. Sad what the advent of "reality" tv has done to us. Gone are the days of real entertaining tv like The Dick Van Dyke Show, Murder She Wrote, Diagonis Murder. Even Law & Order has gone downhill. (Though I still watch SVU strictly for Munch. Det. John Munch rules! He and Fin should be the main characters, not the whiney Benson and Stabler.) Instead we have to put up with trash.

July 26, 2008 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Gave up

It seems that when free networks, not cable, come up with anything decent they are cancelled. Studio 60 was great and I loved Jericho. Now I don't bother watching tv because why get into something just to have it cancelled.

July 26, 2008 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jared

OK so the show no one has mentioned is Flashpoint on CBS. It is just aired and is a smash hit. It's got that Enrique guy from Veronica Mars and the Pink Power Ranger chick in it as well. Its on Thursdays after CSI. Check it out you will not be disappointed.

July 26, 2008 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Becky

Oops! Almost forgot about The Closer! Sorry Kyra! Great show – great team of actors.

July 26, 2008 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  19. Becky

Pysch, My Boys (TBS), and Terms of Engagement. A little drama? Yes, the Ghost Whisperer.

July 26, 2008 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  20. Tom Bruce

The three shows I can't do without: For my brain: Q&A on CSPAN, Sunday nights at 8; for my ear: Midwest Country Music Theater on RFDTV Saturday nights at 9; for my spirit: Two and a Half Men, on CBS Monday nights at 9.

July 26, 2008 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  21. JB

Saving Grace w/Holly Hunter is a wonderful show.

July 26, 2008 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  22. Logan

I've been waiting anxiously for months for the return of Mad Men. I started watching just to see Vincent Kartheiser, who plays Pete Campbell, but was soon hooked on the show and can't wait to see what happens next.

July 26, 2008 at 5:59 am | Report abuse |
  23. slem boney

The best shows on TV are Robot Chicken and Venture Bros. If you don't know these shows try staying up past 9:00 pm. Weeds is a great show, but you kinda have to pay attention or you'll miss most of the jokes. Dexter is good, but the new season hasn't started yet...

Mad Men: Not bad...

America's Best Dance Crew: How deprived of entertainment do you have to be to sit through even one minute of this garbage? I'm so sick of reality/talent show TV. I don't want to see Americans at their worste/best. I want to see well written, plot driven story lines with characters I can relate to.

Charlie Chaplan: I don't know... As nice as it sounds, I don't really see myself watching/Tivoing it. It's just too old...

July 26, 2008 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  24. D.Bleu

You're all nuts 🙂 Battlestar Galactica is the best TV show in ages. Even when it's not on it's the best show in ages. Even...even when it's SUPPOSE to have ended but didn't and then left with a cliffhanger it's the best show on TV...even...like...now,even...Sorta

July 26, 2008 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  25. lorraine

Summer shows: Burn Notice, In Plain Sight, The Closer.

July 25, 2008 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  26. jon jew

WEEDS is where its at on tv these days i no u need showtime but its worth it or atleast rent first two seasons and go to someone's house that has showtime or stream for free online

July 25, 2008 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  27. jon from ohio

I agree with the burn notice suggestions. I would put forth the show The Middleman on ABC Family. Its a great show based on a graphic novel with great amounts of humor and action.

July 25, 2008 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  28. SLM91992

Top Gear is by far the best show in the world, but yo need BBC America to catch it.

July 25, 2008 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  29. lorir

My favorite shows are Andrew Zimmerns Bizarre foods and Anthony Bourdaine No Reservations on the Travel Channel.

July 25, 2008 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Kristine E. Tolman

I came late to Battlestar Galactica after much harrassment from a friend to watch it. So I had to get the DVD's...wow...best show out there and really the sci-fi genre is just that a genre. The themes are relevant to today' current events: racial profiling, religious fervor, torture, PTSD, war, genocide, election tampering and on and on. Edward James Olmos is my hero. The same friend also encouraged me to watch Mad Men. She was right again. I now call her my TV guru as years ago she "forced" me to watch Sopranos.
    Dexter and Big Love ain't bad either. And for a complete guilty pleasure I watch the Tudors (though it's horribly inaccurate historically)

July 25, 2008 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  31. rachel weinstein

Burn Notice is the best show on TV right now. Can Jeffrey Donovan be any hotter?? The answer is NO! He is smart, sexy and funny.
    I also like Psych and Monk. I dont watch much traditional network TV anymore. The cable shows are much more creative.

July 25, 2008 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Bob

What's good on TV? Precious little and most of it's on cable. "Burn Notice" and "Eureka" are great. "The Closer" is very good. "In Plain Sight" is more of a guilty pleasure than an actual fave. I still never miss an episode of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent". My wife particularly likes CSI: Miami" which I consider another guilty pleasure. We also watch other L&O and CSI variants and spin-offs.

A better question is what networks/channels we watch. Well over 80% of the time, our TV is on either USA, SciFi, A&E, TNT, Spike, The Science Channnel, or TruTV.

July 25, 2008 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  33. elaine

Torchwood rocks on the BBC Channel , It has ties to Dr Who I myself liked the Previous Dr Who before the current one.

July 25, 2008 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Jessica

Personal Picks:
    #1 – House
    #2 – CSI, and it's subsequent incarnations Miami & NY
    #3 – Monk

"reality TV" is a contradiction. Even the good stuff on Bravo, suchs as Project Runway, Hell's Kitchen, ShearGenius or What Not To Wear, are scripted and edited. On Occasion Discovery will have something good, such as Ice Road Truckers, Dirty Jobs, or Deadliest Catch, but those do not qualify truly as entertainment. If you are looking for somethign to entertain you, check out a book, go see a Play...watch a movie even. Television is currently over – hyped and over – commericalized. GET UP AND GO OUTSIDE! READ A BOOK!

July 25, 2008 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  35. windy k

burn notice was better last season but i'm still watching.

July 25, 2008 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Marlon T

As a "Burn Notice" fan and sometimes extra on the show, I have to vouch for it's appeal. It's definitely one of the best shows to watch no matter season of the year. That being said, MAD MEN is by far the best show on television. Go out and rent the amazing 1st season and get caught up before sunday. I've been missing this show for too long!

July 25, 2008 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  37. CJ

Perhaps I've missed it, but I haven't seen any comments for "The Deadliest Catch" as of yet. I am completely hooked. Also like "American Chopper" and "Man Vs. Wild" with the hottie Bear Grylls.

However, best show is still – "The Office" The styling on "Mad Men" is spot on. Love to watch all the chain smoking – even in the nursury. Oh how it brings back memories...

July 25, 2008 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  38. lori

Let's not forget The Closer. Miles away from the typical cop show.

July 25, 2008 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Angie

I also watched Burn Notice once and didn't like it. I will try it again.

About commercials...step into the new millennium...I record my shows, and watch them later...so I can fast forward thru commercials.

🙂 No commercials for me!!!

July 25, 2008 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jonny

I love Entourage, and the new SHO Series WEEDS and the Gardian n HBO.

July 25, 2008 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Brad

I cannot see how anyone can enjoy television today when it is really just an endless commercial string with a few “bits” of show thrown in. In fact, it seems in an hour long show, you get about 40% show and 60% stupid and I mean STUPID commericals.

_______________________________

OK, dude. Just buy a TiVo. Commercials gone.

July 25, 2008 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Denice

I tried Burn Notice once and didn't like it but after all the good comments I will try it again. I also need to add Monk.

July 25, 2008 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jay

The best shows on tv is relative to your tastes my personal favorites are Weeds, Dexter, and the Office. Close competitors include Big Love, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and 30 Rock.

July 25, 2008 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Todd Leopold, CNN.com Entertainment Producer

I get the feeling there are a lot of people who want to trumpet "Burn Notice." That's fine - it's a good show - I just wanted to mention these three for now.

As for the poster who wondered if it's necessary to watch season one of "Mad Men" before getting into season two, I doubt it. Just jump in. You'll get to know the characters soon enough.

July 25, 2008 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  45. tidho

Have to do it...

I agree Burn Notice is an amazingly good summertime show.
    Like all the others have said – you've got to see it.

July 25, 2008 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Doug

Mad Men is a fantastic show. All the characters are complex and the rivalry between "Double D" Don Draper and Pete Cambell leave you wanting to know whats going to happen next in the struggle for dominance at Steerling Coopers. Also, the show takes place during a dynamic period in American history when traditional life and business practices of Post WWII was beginning to be challenged by modern, subculture ideas, of course perfectly embodied in the two main protagonists.

July 25, 2008 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Brent

I AGREE USA has a great line up with Burn notice and psych and i also got to throw in The Office USA doesn't get credit they have some great shows. Mad Men I feel asleep watching the first episode not my cup of tea.

July 25, 2008 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  48. JC

I agree that Burn Notice if good. I caught a good portion of the first season.

I also agree that the new Doctor Who series is fantastic. The old series didn't have the appeal that the new series has to mass SCI-FI audiences.

July 25, 2008 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Number Six

Battlestar Galactica is, hands-down, the best show on television. I can't say anything more about it that hasn't already been said in publications such as The New Yorker, Newsweek, Time, etc., and online ad nauseum. When Galactica returns for its final 10 episodes in January 2009, I hope articles of this nature make note of how it has raised the bar so significantly for not only telling an excellent science-fiction story but how it pretty much transcends its "niche" genre and gives the best dramas on TV serious competition in terms of writing and acting.

July 25, 2008 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Sasha

Are you kidding. SWINGTOWN is the place to be at =)
    Joke!

July 25, 2008 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Jen

I'm not sure if this blog only pertains to network showw, but I have really gotten into both "Weeds" and "Dexter" on Showtime. Witty writing and complex (but not headache-inducing) storylines have had me hooked from day one.

July 25, 2008 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  52. TV Toby

Burn Notice Rules!

July 25, 2008 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Scobie

Penn & Tellers Bulls*@t on Thursday nights on Showtime... Best summer show, closely followed by a good Sci-Fi Friday night, Dr Who, SGA, Battlestar Galactica....

July 25, 2008 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  54. M

Why I can't disagree with some of the shows mentioned, Mike's the only one that has it right. Battlestar Galactica is def the best show on TV right now. "Battlestar Galactica. Even in reruns between parts of the season its better than 95% of the garbage on TV" Keep em coming and Thank you!

July 25, 2008 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  55. George Bright

I look forward to the summer series – it's a shame the season is so short!

"Saving Grace" is absolutely amazing – Holly Hunter is brilliant
    "Burn Notice" – I have to echo the others here, one of my favorites
    "Eureka" – Escapist nerd TV with a slice of wry humor
    "Monk" – A perfect vehicle for Tony Shalhoub's skills

July 25, 2008 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Bob

When Mad Men first aired, I tried to watch it. I tried, but couldn't. The characters are cliches and the dialogue was trite. It is hard to watch commercial television anyway. I can't figure out why they interrupt the commercials with programming.

July 25, 2008 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  57. DC

People if you are tired of commercials, try recording it. A DVR works nicely or this weird invention called a VCR. I am not rocket scientist but I think you can fast forward past all the crap. As far as Antons comment about Mad men, just ignore it. It is a quality show, I have not watched burn notice, but it seems like a lot of you like it , so I will check it out.

My picks
    Lost, Battlestar Galactica, The office, 30 Rock and just about anything on HBO.

Also Dr. Who is one of the worst shows of all time.......out

July 25, 2008 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  58. nicholle

Dr.Who was one of my favorite shows as a kid. We watched a lot of BBC television since my mother is from Liverpool. Tom Baker – the fourth Doctor (74' to 81' ) was the best!! Who could forget that long scarf and the paper bag with jelly babies that were ever constant. I have not been able to get into the new show yet, but I have only watched one or two episodes, for my long love of Dr. Who though I will try again. Does anyone know if you can get the old episodes on DVD?

July 25, 2008 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Dave

There are lots of good stuff. you just need premium channels , Weeds. Dexter, Californication, Curb, Entourage. then theres Monk, Psych, Battle Star Glatica, Stargate Atlantis, Smallville

July 25, 2008 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Michelle

Hello..Do any of you people even actually look for the good shows? Here are the top 3: The Cleaner, The Closer & Saving Grace. There you have it. Don't forget the other show worth mentioning: House

July 25, 2008 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Denice

Best shows on TV, Army Wives, NCIS and CSI

July 25, 2008 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Dave

"Burn Notice" is top of my list.

Haven't seen Mad Men. Do people who have think it is essential to see season one before starting in on the new season, or could someone pick it up now?

July 25, 2008 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Jason Weeks

Battlestar Galactica is by far the best show in the last 5 years. Shame that people dismiss it as a sci-fi show because it really is just a dramatic series that just so happens to be set in a futuristic setting. The acting is top notch and the stories are so compelling, edge of your seat, that keeps you coming back for more.

July 25, 2008 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Samueltx

Unlike pompous AndyF, I watch television not only for information, but for fun. I admit I don't watch everything but I enjoy the Closer, the Shield, 24, Scrubs, reruns of anything Star Trek, Big Bang Theory, and sports.

I do not, and can not understand reality shows. Who the hell cares what other people are doing, what a damn waste of time that is.

I do like Military channel, History Channel, and Versus channels.

All and all TV is a good source of information.

As far as commercials, they are necessary evil.

July 25, 2008 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Mother of 6

Americas Best Dance Crew- Yes this show is very good. I dont understand why it is not on earlier or on one of the big tv networks. The kids on their are so talented and creative. It is just as good as any of the other reality shows on TV. I am an avid viewer of American Idol, then So you think you can dance and then at 10pm we change it to Americas Best Dance Crew.

July 25, 2008 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Jo Blow

Burn notice is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 25, 2008 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Bookmaven7

I love Mad Men, Burn Notice, and Dr Who. I do not watch reality shows – no time – there are so few good tv series now, but with cable tons of movies – I love "old" movies from the 30's and 40's in particular. I go to tv for escapism, fun, fear, tears, and joy. Of course, I read books, more than I watch tv, for the same reason – pure delight in entering another world!

July 25, 2008 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Seymour Heiney

Ice Road Truckers, without a doubt, is as good as Dirty Jobs, both of which are great shows that delve into the inner workings of everyday America on a level not really recognized anywhere else...

July 25, 2008 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Sam

I completely agree with Bob Smith. "Burn Notice" is about the most intelligent and entertaining show on TV at the present time. Honorable mention goes to "Psych" and "In Plain Sight", both of which also air on USA. Who needs any more crappy dance reality shows?

July 25, 2008 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Jay

I was certain this article would at least mention one of USA network's top shows, "Burn Notice," "Monk," or "Psych." These are, far and away, the best things on TV these days. And I'll even go so far as to toss in Sci-Fi's "Stargate Atlantis" as well.

As for "Mad Men," I never even heard of it until now.

July 25, 2008 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Kevin

Bob Smith is right. People who aren't watching "Burn Notice" are missing out on the most original, entertaining TV show in years. It's like "MacGyver" for the 21st century, only better.

July 25, 2008 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Beth

Every Friday, my husband, my two grandchildren (age 4) and myself watch Dr. Who and enjoy every minute. We have watched the show for at least the last 5 Doctors and feel sad (because there's nothing else on) when the season ends.

July 25, 2008 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Mike

July 25, 2008 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Alex

It's a shame more people will be interested in watching America's Best Dance Crew than the Chaplin films, which would be my pick of these 3 (Mad Men doesn't appeal to me). The best show currently on the air (and this is not said as a Sci-fi fanboy, but someone who enjoys good, fun TV) is Doctor Who, which is about to air its two-part finale on Sci-Fi. In the UK it was two of the most acclaimed and highest-rated hours of TV in years. Sadly in the US most people end to tack a question mark onto the title and ignore the show.

July 25, 2008 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  75. AndyF

Growing up, we were not allowed to watch much network TV. Dad and Mom felt that Public TV was the best example of what television was for, and could do for our society. Of course, once out on my own I tried to watch various network and cable shows – but I found one problem that i have since given up on.

DAMN COMMERCIALS!!!!

I cannot see how anyone can enjoy television today when it is really just an endless commercial string with a few "bits" of show thrown in. In fact, it seems in an hour long show, you get about 40% show and 60% stupid and I mean STUPID commericals.

Amazing that we have taken an invention that could inform our population and indeed, even entertain us – but its sole purpose is to convince you how dumb you are, and sell you something to make you a "smart" consumer. In other words, something you dont need, dont want and would pay attention to if they didnt have you hooked to see a few minutes (and I mean very few) of a "show".

TV is a wasteland except, thankfully, for a few good PBS presentations.

July 25, 2008 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Rich

The Office, Curb your Enthusiasm, and Family Guy. Thats IT!

July 25, 2008 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Anton C.

The best show on TV is "History Detectives" on PBS. Don't waste your time with "Mad Men" or "America's Best Dance Crew." Kudos to you if you can make it past the first time minutes of a Charlie Cahplin film. They are worth seeing, but not to modern America's taste.

July 25, 2008 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Steve Remington

I concur with Mr. Smith. Burn Notice is tops.

July 25, 2008 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  79. The Dude

I second Bob Smith's comment. Burn Notice is definitly the best summer show out there. If you haven't watched the first season do yourself a favor and get ahold of the DVD set, all eleven first season episodes, and catch up on the second season asap.

July 25, 2008 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  80. Bob Smith

Best Show on TV is "Burn Notice" on USA Network...

July 25, 2008 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |